Loading Screen with RED clock

• Thread starter s2k4mee
  • 54 comments
Ahhh.... Im so mad. GT4 was working perfectly fine up till tonight. Now everytime i finish a race and it 'suppost' to go into the replay mode, it doesn't. It just freezes at the loading screen with a red clock right before the replay. I don't know what to do. I've tried cleaning the laser lens, still red loading screen. I know the easy way out is just to get a new PS2, but I don't want to spend. This is so frustrating.

Man, I got the red clock the first time I put the game in. It went into a demo before I was ready to play. When I hit the button to take me to the menu, I got the red clock.
Freaked me out...but never happened again.

I got the red clock last night after I fixe dmy ps2 the first time. It is the level of the laser having trouble reading the DVD or switching layers. I reopned up my ps2 today and adjust the laser two more clicks and she is working like a dream now (so far).

The red clock just means there is a problem and that is the only way it can tell you there is one.

GT4 just came out in New Zealand. I bought it and have been getting this problem from the get go. sometimes the game wont even load from the disclaimer. I have been trying the laser leveling technique but am not having a huge amount of success. i have managed to get arcade race loaded once, but as soon as i try and start a-spec mode, i get the useful red clock. My PS2 is a SCPH-30002 . should i just buy a new one, or is there something else i can do? i don't want to stuff up the GT4 disc so dont know if i should keep playing with the laser leveling or not.

any help would be great

I get this red clock all the time !
It's constantly switching from white to red and vice versa when loading.
Still, everything works like it's supposed to, I have had no problems at all.
I only played a couple of hours a day in the 2 days I have the game though, maybe the trouble is yet to come :scared: ...

STEP_ONE

I experienced this issue this past Monday...called Sony support directly and was told to first try cleanign the CD to see if that would resolve the issue...I was told to NOT use a circular motion when cleaning the CD but to use a more straight, in-to-out type of motion...Once the CD was cleaned & put back into my PS2...the game loaded up fine & the issue hasn't returned as of yet.

This may help a few of you w/this issue.

Good luck! :)

Same problem for me...... So far its happened either before or after EVERY sodding race...... the red clock just sits there spinning round...... end of GAME!!!!

Also I've had trouble with exiting a race back to the menu screens....... the screen goes black for around 20 seconds before struggling to get the menu home screen loaded...... and the last time I tried (this morning) it just sat there with a blank screen for over a minute.

I have a first generation PS2 (the first week it was available in the UK)

step_one
I get this red clock all the time !
It's constantly switching from white to red and vice versa when loading.
Still, everything works like it's supposed to, I have had no problems at all.
I only played a couple of hours a day in the 2 days I have the game though, maybe the trouble is yet to come :scared: ...

STEP_ONE

It assume that the red clock is meant to appear (probably when its autosaving or reading the DVD) but the problem I am having (and I suspect others) is that the game just sits there forever with the red clock spinning round 👎

Two and a half bloody years waiting and now it doesn't work!!!!! NOT a happy bunny! :grumpy:

When the game is auto-saving the red memory card icon flashes in the top right hand corner of the screen.

I think the Red clock just denotes that the program is having trouble reading the GT4 DVD. When it is succesfully reading the DVD the clock changes to white.

Touring Mars
Great find and useful, practical help... 👍 I take it doing this will invalidate your warranty though? But then again, if my PS2 didn't play GT4, having an invalidated warranty would be the least of my PS2's worries... :nervous:

it will void the warranty but i realized when i had to open my ps2 to clean it from the "disc read error" (im sure everyone's had that) the warranty really isnt that long.... its only like 90 days or something...

Menelaus
When the game is auto-saving the red memory card icon flashes in the top right hand corner of the screen.

I think the Red clock just denotes that the program is having trouble reading the GT4 DVD. When it is succesfully reading the DVD the clock changes to white.
exactly that

I had the same problem told EB and they exchanged my game with a brand new one, I was so i shocked they gave me a new game without questioned :)

Menelaus

exactly that

I had the same problem told EB and they exchanged my game with a brand new one, I was so shocked they gave me a new game without being questioned :)

@ this time i have this problem aswell, what i also found out (and read in here) that when u played a race, and the replay is to be played. The clock becomes red instead of white. Eject the disc and reinsert it, i have to do it sometimes quite often.

I cannot tell wheter this is from the GT4 DVD (Disc is clean) or that it is a PS2 problem.. I will certainly try the laser thing.

As far i can see, the red disc in the upperright corner means that its saving the game

Btw: i got an unmodded PS2 (no modchip or what so ever)
I also cleaned the PS2 lense.

i had it only once. froze up.

Put in NCAA Football 2005 (always works) got a D.R.E.

put my DVD Lens Cleaner in, ran that, now every game works fine. trust me, it works nicely.

Get a new game because it will never get better. I have swapped mine in twice now because it froze up on 2 games (GT4). This third one seems to work perfect so far.

NOpe its the game. I have an old and a new ps2 and if you get a bad game thats it period, it doesnt play right on either one. That game is just bad and you will have problems until you trade it in.

WARNING!!!
GT4 and other newer games will FRY your old PS2!!!!
Don't take this as a rumor.

Quite simply, a ceratin new type of DVD will strain the laser system in old PS2's (guaranteed).

Keep cleaning, until it burns up...that's all you can do.

i was playing and then i went to set up my nsx and the red clock, i resarted about 10times did every thjing and for the past 10mins my ps2 is opend up and beacing cleaned :ill:

and by reading this post, i can see i was in a hurry lol

I recently noticed that after the initial warning screen that GT4 was taking like 45 seconds to ge to the point where it calibrates the wheel. Somehow I was able to trace it to my Network Adapter. When the NA is plugged in, my PS2 seems to fuss over dual layer(gold) dvds. Without the NA attached all is fine but even without the HDD the NA seems to slow it down. Lightning killed the NA's ability to get on the network but it still seems to work with HDloader. I also have a Messiah2 chip which I know sucks some of the PS2 power. Should I try adjusting the DVD pot?

cant seem to fix, there is a slight gash in the cd, some of my used games that i bought have huge marks, but there lowkey games, gt4 is probaly hightech dvd.
i spent 2hours playing acecombat5 and nothing rong, i wasted 3hours fiddleing with the stupid lazer srttings then. mite try gt4 at another ps2, if its the game ill take it back and say it stoped loading on me in key areas.

any one else experience a very odd sound coming from there ps2 but still playing, then when you go do sumthing that involves loading, the red clock or blank screen apears,. :ill:

👎 argh

im soooooooo takin it back lol, i wanna race!!!! :dunce:

mustang_4_ever
cant seem to fix, there is a slight gash in the cd, some of my used games that i bought have huge marks, but there lowkey games, gt4 is probaly hightech dvd.
i spent 2hours playing acecombat5 and nothing rong, i wasted 3hours fiddleing with the stupid lazer srttings then. mite try gt4 at another ps2, if its the game ill take it back and say it stoped loading on me in key areas.

any one else experience a very odd sound coming from there ps2 but still playing, then when you go do sumthing that involves loading, the red clock or blank screen apears,. :ill:

👎 argh
Ill say it again. Take your game back and get another one. They will usually exchange it for free. Your problem should be fixed right away.

Latest Posts

Back