* Login Bonus Cheat*

SopranoStylle
Get museum cards, paint, and login bonus every hour.

This cheat let's you get a login bonus every hour. It also gives you museum cards, and paint every time. So if you have 200% login bonus you will get 10 cards and 10 paints every time. It also increases your login bonus if you have a low one. I get my login bonus at 12:00 am so I will explain using that time..

1. To get a second login bonus make sure your PS3 time is 1 hour before your login bonus. (mine is 12:00 am so I set my time to 11:00pm)

2. To change your PS3 time you need to go to:
* system settings
* date and time settings
* time zone (not date and time)
* change your time zone so the time is 1 hour before your login bonus (12am would be 11pm)

Note: some timezones are 15 minutes and 30 minutes apart..which you can change between them also to get more items and bonuses.

3. Log into Gran Turismo 5 and when the time reaches your login bonus time you will recieve it again.

For example..if the time were really 3:35pm I would go to the timezone and change it until the time says 11:35pm. Then in 25 minutes when it reached 12:00am boom there's my login bonus. I could then go back to timezone and set it an hour back again making it 11:00pm, wait until it turned to 12:00am and yet another login bonus..and you can keep doing this

Simply..just make sure your timezone is 1 hour before your bonus..

I've tried this also with car sending but it doesn't work. It only seems to work with login bonus. Changing the date and time in the PS3 settings will not work.. You have to change the time zone

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Get museum cards, paint, and login bonus every hour.

This cheat let's you get a login bonus every hour. It also gives you museum cards, and paint every time. So if you have 200% login bonus you will get 10 cards and 10 paints every time. It also increases your login bonus if you have a low one. I get my login bonus at 12:00 am so I will explain using that time..

1. To get a second login bonus make sure your PS3 time is 1 hour before your login bonus. (mine is 12:00 am so I set my time to 11:00pm)

2. To change your PS3 time you need to go to:
* system settings
* date and time settings
* time zone (not date and time)
* change your time zone so the time is 1 hour before your login bonus (12am would be 11pm)

Note: some timezones are 15 minutes and 30 minutes apart..which you can change between them also to get more items and bonuses.

3. Log into Gran Turismo 5 and when the time reaches your login bonus time you will recieve it again.

For example..if the time were really 3:35pm I would go to the timezone and change it until the time says 11:35pm. Then in 25 minutes when it reached 12:00am boom there's my login bonus. I could then go back to timezone and set it an hour back again making it 11:00pm, wait until it turned to 12:00am and yet another login bonus..and you can keep doing this

Simply..just make sure your timezone is 1 hour before your bonus..

I've tried this also with car sending but it doesn't work. It only seems to work with login bonus. Changing the date and time in the PS3 settings will not work.. You have to change the time zone

Hope this helps.

That could indeed be quite useful. Don't really care much for museum cards or paints, but if you haven't played for a few days, and you need that 200% bonus, this sure is nice. Too bad it'll take quite a few hours if you haven't played in a while, but still better than having to wait days.

Wouldn’t it be faster to set the time/date offline or doesn’t it work that way?
(Thought about it but never tried…)

I received matte black yesterday with the log in bonus.
This is a great find Soprano, thanks. I wonder if it will cause an unscheduled update?

XXI
I received matte black yesterday with the log in bonus.
This is a great find Soprano, thanks. I wonder if it will cause an unscheduled update?

I think that "Matt Black" paint chip is coming from the Lexus LFA, so it's considered as regular paint. But other Matte paint chips are from "Gran Turismo", which are special paint chips. 💡👍

I think that "Matt Black" paint chip is coming from the Lexus LFA, so it's considered as regular paint. But other Matte paint chips are from "Gran Turismo", which are special paint chips. 💡👍
You're forgetting about AMG's 'Monza grau magno' draped over the SLS, and I believe the Ferrari California's 'Matte Light Gray' 👍

And the Toyota FT-86 Sport colors, I had one of those since i started.

By the way, would this work with birthdays?

This would be really useful for people who just started playing or had to restart from scratch and wanted to get a bunch of paint chips

I realised there could be something there with this when the clocks went back the other day. I didn't change my PS3's time (or daylight saving setting), waited for midnight before logging off so that I could get the login bonus, only to realise my PS3 clock was at 1am, so I missed it. Knew then that the daylight saving or timezone dictated the login bonus.

It´s too laborious for me to set time every hour...

kami_zeitumstellung_940968p.jpg

But a nice find though.

Great find!
I will never use it myself but considering the games been out for almost a year I thought you deserve the kudos.

👍

How interesting that this simple exploit even exists; it really is charming that they missed something so simple and obvious. Personally, my own enjoyment of GT would take a dive if I did this. Not that I see it as some moral dilemma, but rather the shift of focus regarding what I enjoy about the game and why I spend time with it.

Now if we had a full fledged livery editor, then I could see an actual use for this half-baked paint chip idea. I have well over 1000 paint chips that I do very little with, not to mention what a pain/severe waste of time it is to even attempt to look through the lot of them.

edit: er...that is PD's half-baked paint chip idea, not the OP's. :)

Last edited:
Every time I log in it says "5 new museum cards" or something like that. I get that every time I get onto GT5. But I have no idea where these things are at. Do they accumulate or is it just saying the same thing over and over again until I recover them? If they accumulate then I must have at least 50 of these things somewhere.

Every time I log in it says "5 new museum cards" or something like that. I get that every time I get onto GT5. But I have no idea where these things are at. Do they accumulate or is it just saying the same thing over and over again until I recover them? If they accumulate then I must have at least 50 of these things somewhere.

The daily login bonus for paints and cards maxes out at 10 each per day after consecutive days of logging in online. If you are only getting 5 per day, you must be only logging in online every few days or so. Once the max of ten per day is reached, it slowly drops back to 5 for every day that you do not login.

The museum cards can be viewed by clicking on the museum button at the GT Life screen. You need to be online to access them.

Back