Logitech DFP-GT versus G25

• Thread starter Strop
  • 36 comments
Nice report! đź‘Ť
Have you tested the pedals of the G25 to the old DFP too? I don't want that you have do this for me, this can crash your pedals or the steering wheel, but if you have done it before my answer, so it's ok. I have the VPP Pedalset Professional and so I can assume that these pedals will work with the Driving Force GT too.

Where can you buy those pedals from ?

My wheel broke (actually my kids destroyed the wiring). When I called Logitech to order a new wiring harness (figuring it might cost $5 at most) they told me they didn't have any spares for the G25 (or any other wheel for that matter). They offered to send me a whole new wheel under warranty.

I checked to make sure they understood the part about "my kids destroyed the wiring" but apparently the service rep didn't have a button for that on his menu, only a "send a new wheel" button so they did.

My part of the agreement was to send back the shifter unit, upon receipt of which they shipped a new G25. In the end since it was a lot of work to re-mount the discrete pedals on my Sparco frame I just dragged out the Weller and resoldered the wiring to repair it. After I verified (with GT4) that the shifter box wasn't required to operate I sold the new wheel to a friend.

And that's why I don't have a shifter.

I had a similar problem with my G25, but Logitech did not offer me a new wheel.
One of our cats chewed right through the cable connecting the gear shifter box to the steering wheel.
Contacted Logitech, thinking I might be able to purchase either a replacement cable or another shifter box. The reply was similar, in they don't have replacement parts available, but as a 'valued customer etc etc.........' they would give me a 35% discount, if I purchased another wheel directly from them! (Must be joking at their prices)
Wonder if I should push Logitech a little harder, as I don't think I've had product even 2 years.

Does any one technically minded know if the cable is available to purchase elsewhere? I'm no expert, but it can't be that difficult to replace surely?

Strop, hat's off to you my friend.

My G25 has started to give off a strange smell and felt a bit funny during a recet race, felt a bit warm too, so I cut a hole in the top and fitted a 12 volt fan to try and make it last a bit longer (three years use and counting !)

I have the pedals reverse mounted and can't justify the price of a G27 as I don't use the H-Shifter or clutch (built my own sequential shifter) so I wanted to know if I could us my G25 pedals wih the DFGT (best of both worlds),and you have answered my question !

Thanks again for sharing.....

BAZ962, can you not just re-join the cable using some solder and heat-shrink tubing?

Dusting off this thread.

Always wondered if this was possible. Looking forward to combining my own wheels to create the G25/DFGT lovechild you speak of.

Great aussie mind at work yet again đź‘Ť

Nevermind the PM Craig, I got my setup working with the DF-GT and G25 Pedals. I also made a small walkthrough and cable diagram too. You can see it on my site here.

Jerome

Nevermind the PM Craig, I got my setup working with the DF-GT and G25 Pedals. I also made a small walkthrough and cable diagram too. You can see it on my site here.

Jerome

Hey Jerome the link is broken, can you send another one or post here the walkthrough and cable diagram?

Thanks,
Bad_Player_BR

Back