Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

@Z28Gaming true force is amazing. Quality of the wheel and pedals seem second to none in this price range. Yes accessories are lacking so far but Logitech assure us they are coming.
For now, Drivehub was recently updated (dispite what their website says) and allows the use of 3rd party shifters ect with the g-pro. Maybe this is an opportunity for you on your channel as theres little info about this on YT so far.

I wonder if the extra nm of torque would allow more detail without actually significantly increasing strength. Basically its capped at 7, so is the ffb actually clipping a little for those that are maxing it out currently.
I’m glad you like the wheel. It seems like everybody who has one enjoys it.

I assume the added nm would just increase the current effects that you feel. You’ll have to test it out. For my podium & T-GT it just added a heavier version of the same effects.

I’m not trying to get growth if I make a video on this. This is genuine curiosity as a consumer.

@Z28Gaming take a read/watch of this review by GTP site founder, Jordan. He was quite impressed.
Trueforce is a new FFB system developed by Logitech which, when supported by titles, gives a higher fidelity, more detailed response through the wheel. Many think it's just vibrotactile effects, but it's not, it's the full package. The effects on top of the improved FFB are just the icing on the cake. And I don't have GT7. 😉.
Great video. I met Jordan at one of the Gran Turismo events. (Good guy) Simply put, I need to try it for myself. Everyone has a different perspective on what can help them with lap times, etc.

How does everyone like it overall for GT7. That’s the only title im focused on.
Same here brother.

It's always been Gan Turismo for me and everything else a distant second.

I’ve tried using my dd1 at max and it’s almost impossible for me to drive. (It gets so stiff) I’m thinking the quality/detail is much more important. Hopefully trueforce adds missing effects that I can’t find on the Fanatec. (Tires getting loose, etc)
Indeed it will Brother Jay.

Most-noticeable is the front tyres scrubbing during understeer and of course the curb feedback, which is sublime.

It kind of sounds similar to my T-GT transducer. I’m sure it’s much better, but same concept.
Similar in that it does translate the audio signal, but it also uses data directly from the physics engine. If it were audio-only, TrueForce would be available in every single game the wheelbase works with.

As things stand, TF audio is there in the most-important PS5 games for me (the only ones I own) - ACC, WRC 2023, F1 2023 (free last month in the trio of freebies offered in PS+) and GT7.

My gut feeling tells me that I’ll notice more detail.
100% guaranteed you will brother.

Hey man, I just have to tell you that I check your channel on my TV every day. Your streams absolutely make my day. Had a very-tough life and ongoing struggle with depression (57 now). If I start my day with a stream from you it makes all the difference. I'm putting it down to your positivity and balanced character / personality... and your stellar judgement of course.

Always wanted to tell you this mate. I've never liked a post or signed up for anything on YouTube and may never do so, but if I ever do, yours will be the first channel that gets my support. Hopefully my repeated-and-loyal watching of your streams helps with the algorithm for you.

Can't thank you enough for what you do brother,
Nicky

Last edited:
I've been scouring the internet to see if there is a fix for the degree of rotation reset that happens in GT7 for this wheel. Has this been addressed via an update from GHub?

Last edited:
So, I’ve had something interesting happen a couple times now in the last week during long GT7 sessions in fast high downforce cars. After a while (let’s say an hour), the Trueforce just disappears. The torque is still there. But the Trueforce is gone - can’t feel the curbs. Doesn’t seem to be overheating or anything. Has anyone experienced this?

I’m running it at max torque on the wheel and 8-1 settings in game. Trueforce is set to the Logitech recommended settings for Gt7.

So, I’ve had something interesting happen a couple times now in the last week during long GT7 sessions in fast high downforce cars. After a while (let’s say an hour), the Trueforce just disappears. The torque is still there. But the Trueforce is gone - can’t feel the curbs. Doesn’t seem to be overheating or anything. Has anyone experienced this?

I’m running it at max torque on the wheel and 8-1 settings in game. Trueforce is set to the Logitech recommended settings for Gt7.
I've had that happen a few times since the latest update. I was thinking it might be the drivehub but don't think so since it only happened to me at spa in a very specific spot. I think it's happened maybe 2 or 3 times now.

I've had that happen a few times since the latest update. I was thinking it might be the drivehub but don't think so since it only happened to me at spa in a very specific spot. I think it's happened maybe 2 or 3 times now.
No drive hub here. Once at Suzuka in the McLaren VGT time trial. And once just now at Le Mans in the Toyota GT-One.

Trueforce is absolutely amazing on this wheel. It's very similar to having a bass shaker.... Difference is that you can feel it in the wheel and can actually feel it in the wheel when going over the rumble strips and when the car jumps a curb.

I'm using a drivehub because it's a pc only wheel.. But it's very nice because I can get the full 11nm torque and can use a TH8S shifter with it. I'm on the opposite side when it comes to FFB... I actually wish I had around 18 to 20 nm, the 11nm is nice but it feels a bit weak to me.
I would say that its a amazing wheel now with the drivehub, but yes it lacks still newtonmeters in GT7. A 20Nm Logitech Pro+ would be accurate. ☺️👍

Started playing EA WRC and I'm NOW finally annoyed that we don't have accessories (really wanting a handbrake)!!

If we don't get something by October, then I am abandoning ship and going to Fanatec.

Also as an avid GT7 player, the torque in EA WRC feels great! Fun game overall! Trueforce would be amazing in that game.

@LOGI_Rich what do you think about this? Expected behavior, or perhaps a hardware issue?

@_Mak you’ve already got Trueforce support then, so good news. Scroll down on the FFB settings and you’ll find the sliders for it.

@alejandroivx not likely to be a hardware issue. I’ve seen a couple of people report similar in GT7, but it could just be a glitch in the connection from the game to the SDK. Trueforce does require a high priority process, so with everything else going on, if that loses out to one of the other many processes that the game is running, especially when running a long session, then that could explain it.

As I always say, it needs more data, such as testing in a different game for the same length of time to see if the same thing happens.

Today in AMS2 my shift lights on the wheelbase aren't working, only thing that changed was ghub updated this morning. Still working in other games.

Also I did some more testing different cars re: runaway oscillation at idle, it seems its only really happening with the formula junior. I tried turning down the car specific ffb setting and that helped a bit, basically the oscillation builds up slower so its easier to keep hold of the wheel before it shakes too much. I tried adjusting ffb filter and dampener on the wheel but did not make any difference, same with fx and damper setting in game.

@_Mak you’ve already got Trueforce support then, so good news. Scroll down on the FFB settings and you’ll find the sliders for it.

@alejandroivx not likely to be a hardware issue. I’ve seen a couple of people report similar in GT7, but it could just be a glitch in the connection from the game to the SDK. Trueforce does require a high priority process, so with everything else going on, if that loses out to one of the other many processes that the game is running, especially when running a long session, then that could explain it.

As I always say, it needs more data, such as testing in a different game for the same length of time to see if the same thing happens.
Got it. I suspected something along these lines. Hopefully it was just an aberration but I'll monitor it. Luckily I was able to keep driving at pace because the torque was still there. Thanks as always for being so responsive.

Thanks for the reminder - it’s on my Friday job list to look at AMS2. It’s been a crazy week for various reasons 😀
Thanks again Rich. Did some more testing and something interesting to report: Chaging the "type" setting under force feedback in game from the recommended default to "default+" seems to have solved the issue, no more oscillation in the formula junior. At the same time it also madethe steering much stiffer, much too stiff at 11Nm, but with it reduced to around 7-8nm it is manageable. It also seems to make the trueforce effects stronger. I will have to try it with other cars to see how much it changed but for now that may be my solution, and something to try on your end.

Last edited:
Same here brother.

It's always been Gan Turismo for me and everything else a distant second.

Indeed it will Brother Jay.

Most-noticeable is the front tyres scrubbing during understeer and of course the curb feedback, which is sublime.

Similar in that it does translate the audio signal, but it also uses data directly from the physics engine. If it were audio-only, TrueForce would be available in every single game the wheelbase works with.

As things stand, TF audio is there in the most-important PS5 games for me (the only ones I own) - ACC, WRC 2023, F1 2023 (free last month in the trio of freebies offered in PS+) and GT7.

100% guaranteed you will brother.

Hey man, I just have to tell you that I check your channel on my TV every day. Your streams absolutely make my day. Had a very-tough life and ongoing struggle with depression (57 now). If I start my day with a stream from you it makes all the difference. I'm putting it down to your positivity and balanced character / personality... and your stellar judgement of course.

Always wanted to tell you this mate. I've never liked a post or signed up for anything on YouTube and may never do so, but if I ever do, yours will be the first channel that gets my support. Hopefully my repeated-and-loyal watching of your streams helps with the algorithm for you.

Can't thank you enough for what you do brother,
Nicky
Hey buddy 👋🏼

Wow, you just made my day with that post. It has been a struggle for me with work the past couple weeks. (Just a lot to do) This was a very nice thing for you to say and I appreciate that.

My goal is to always try and be as genuine as possible. I’ve had a lot of friends and current ones who go through similar situations that you’ve mentioned. It makes me happy knowing that I can brighten a persons day. I don’t stream for personal fame, or money. It’s actually about the people such as yourself. I’ve grown a friendship with a lot of the racing community. To be honest, I’ve been burnt out racing for years. I got tired of it after the World Finals in 2018 and thought it wasn’t worth my energy from a time/reward aspect. The only reason why I’m here today is to speak with you and other SimRacing fans about a passion that we share.

I appreciate the message. Your kind message reflects the same gratitude on my end.

Have a good rest of the week/weekend and hope to catch you again soon. 🤛🏼

-Z

@LOGI_Rich Watching tech talk on a popular function key. I saw this little beauty and figure I had to know. Are new rims in the works? Also great sim talk about track scanning in this one. Long time back to China so sim is big and scanning changes since 2019.

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Started playing EA WRC and I'm NOW finally annoyed that we don't have accessories (really wanting a handbrake)!!

If we don't get something by October, then I am abandoning ship and going to Fanatec.

Also as an avid GT7 player, the torque in EA WRC feels great! Fun game overall! Trueforce would be amazing in that game.
If you can’t get the handbrake working on the paddles, you can switch the wheelbase setting to clutch, then map in game handbrake to the clutch for now, then you’ll have it on the paddles at least. I found this a little frustrating with fast steering inputs, trying to grab the paddle at the right time for hairpins. You could also get (if you dont have) an old logitech shifter (second hand or whatever), and the new adapter, do the hairband mod, and map 4th gear to handbrake. Was a game changer in wrc for me. I posted a pic a few pages back. Of course drive hub is also now an option, then use whatever handbrake is already out.

@Chim-Chim they say “there are things in the works”. But there are several real f1 cars with that logo on their steering wheel currently.

Hey buddy 👋🏼

Wow, you just made my day with that post. It has been a struggle for me with work the past couple weeks. (Just a lot to do) This was a very nice thing for you to say and I appreciate that.

My goal is to always try and be as genuine as possible. I’ve had a lot of friends and current ones who go through similar situations that you’ve mentioned. It makes me happy knowing that I can brighten a persons day. I don’t stream for personal fame, or money. It’s actually about the people such as yourself. I’ve grown a friendship with a lot of the racing community. To be honest, I’ve been burnt out racing for years. I got tired of it after the World Finals in 2018 and thought it wasn’t worth my energy from a time/reward aspect. The only reason why I’m here today is to speak with you and other SimRacing fans about a passion that we share.

I appreciate the message. Your kind message reflects the same gratitude on my end.

Have a good rest of the week/weekend and hope to catch you again soon. 🤛🏼

-Z
I was hoping to make your day brother; glad to hear it went down well!

Good on ya mate and please, never forget what a positive influence you can be on others such as myself.

You're gold brother,
Nicky

Back