thanks - I'm sure I'll get used to it
one follow-up question - in mounting the sequential shifter I had to demount my h-pattern one and remount it. It was resting on the floor in between, probably on its side or something. Upon remounting it it didn't work (other than for 7th and reverse) until I recalibrated it - this was also the case when it was delivered new (none of the gears worked until calibration). Is this expected behaviour, or is it indicitive that something inside is loose in some way (I'd kinda assume that recalibration is almost never needed)
one follow-up question - in mounting the sequential shifter I had to demount my h-pattern one and remount it. It was resting on the floor in between, probably on its side or something. Upon remounting it it didn't work (other than for 7th and reverse) until I recalibrated it - this was also the case when it was delivered new (none of the gears worked until calibration). Is this expected behaviour, or is it indicitive that something inside is loose in some way (I'd kinda assume that recalibration is almost never needed)