Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Definitely feels much lighter and more loose to me after the update, I am finding myself turning the in game torque setting up to 7/8 to compensate (11nm on wheel) but with so many changes to physics and tire models and tuning system I cant tell how much if at all is down to FFB/settings, but at the moment not as happy as I was pre update.

Definitely feels much lighter and more loose to me after the update, I am finding myself turning the in game torque setting up to 7/8 to compensate (11nm on wheel) but with so many changes to physics and tire models and tuning system I cant tell how much if at all is down to FFB/settings, but at the moment not as happy as I was pre update.
You can try turning the FFB sensitivity up as well but my usual advice with that stands: be careful with higher downforce cars as it will lead to oscillation if the torque is also set high.

Thanks Rich will try that. I will say since my post about oscillation I did more testing and found adjusting the tuning the suspension of the car (787b) made a difference to the oscillation.

Also while testing with the update last night I tried to cause the oscillation on purpose and never happened. Again not sure if this is due to changes in game FFB or more to do with the changes to tuning/physics and tires.

@bokspeed You're all up to date. For future reference, if there was no error reported then the update is successful.

@CustomX I still need to ask the support team to update the TF Audio value from 35 to 100 but otherwise I see no need to change the settings on the support page. What does seem to be coming through more with the new update is that steering feels even more natural but I doubt this has anything to do with changes to force feedback directly; it's more likely due to the update to the handling physics. As I've mentioned before, one of the benefits for developers with Trueforce is that more direct link between the physics engine and what the wheel is doing, so improvements they make there will come through in the wheel.

I remember a few years ago when Kunos were implementing TF support in ACC. At the time they were also working on the improvements to the tyre model (updating from a single point of contact to 5, if I remember correctly) and they were telling us that they could immediately feel the difference as a result of Trueforce; this was with a G923 as well.

Hi Logi_Rich: Re firmware update via Ghub for mac. My Logi G Pro Wheel was in PC mode and ghub started the update, wheel then did the red / green lights - ghub then said failed after sometime and wheel restarted but came back with red / green flashing lights, at this point I could not put the wheel back into PC MODE but ghub seem to try the update again and completed - even though I was unable to put back into pc mode? and wheel restarted - the wheel was then able to be put back into pc mode and ghub shows the wheel firmware up tp date.

Long story short is that it did seem to fail but now ghub says its up to date - based on your comment "For future reference, if there was no error reported then the update is successful." does that mean my g pro wheel is not up to date even though ghub says it is, despite the failure?

Last edited:
It's up to date. There was a failure but then it was recovered and the wheel came back into its operating mode. A full failure would have left the wheel in its update mode (flashing red/green lights).

@bokspeed You're all up to date. For future reference, if there was no error reported then the update is successful.

@CustomX I still need to ask the support team to update the TF Audio value from 35 to 100 but otherwise I see no need to change the settings on the support page. What does seem to be coming through more with the new update is that steering feels even more natural but I doubt this has anything to do with changes to force feedback directly; it's more likely due to the update to the handling physics. As I've mentioned before, one of the benefits for developers with Trueforce is that more direct link between the physics engine and what the wheel is doing, so improvements they make there will come through in the wheel.

I remember a few years ago when Kunos were implementing TF support in ACC. At the time they were also working on the improvements to the tyre model (updating from a single point of contact to 5, if I remember correctly) and they were telling us that they could immediately feel the difference as a result of Trueforce; this was with a G923 as well.
I've been running tf on the wheel at 50, so you think 100 is best?

Is there any TF settin in game on gt7 as I thought I saw someone say that but can't see it

Is there any TF settin in game on gt7 as I thought I saw someone say that but can't see it
Polyphony don't explicitly call it out, but the Vibration setting controls the TF Audio level.

Just did 60 min of various races in VR. With 1.31 it's really nailed. Sliding and drifting now is realistic and much easier. So cool how it all feels now. Just in love. The 918 with improved gear ratio on the Barcelona track is one big drift 'n sliding bonanza! insanely cool. I do hope PD does not change this physics engine back to what it was previous to 1.31. The improvement is massive. Since the update I did 3 weekly online gr.3 races on Brands Hatch. Finished 1st on all 3 of them. This 1.31 handeling + GPRO + PSVR2 = Realness to the max.

Hi, I just ordered my Playseat Logitech Trophy G Edition along with the Logitech Pro Racing Wheel and Pro Pedals.
But I'm concerned about the stiffness of the G Trophy.
I come from a Playseat Evolution that has a "real" seat. And that he used with a G923.
To those of you who have the Playseat Trophy G.
  • How does the "cloth seat" feel?
  • Is it stiff enough to hold up without flexing at full speed races with the 11nm Logitech Pro Racing Wheel?
  • Does the cloth seat flex when braking hard?

What do you think of this cockpit in relation to the Trophy G?

Playseat Sensation Pro FIA
Screenshot_20230331_174816_Kiwi Browser.jpgScreenshot_20230331_174747_Kiwi Browser.jpg
This cockpit is compatible with the Logitech PRO RACING WHEEL and Pedals Pro?? How about the rigidity of this cockpit?

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:
Hi, I just ordered my Playseat Logitech Trophy G Edition along with the Logitech Pro Racing Wheel and Pro Pedals.
But I'm concerned about the stiffness of the G Trophy.
I come from a Playseat Evolution that has a "real" seat. And that he used with a G923.
To those of you who have the Playseat Trophy G.
  • How does the "cloth seat" feel?
  • Is it stiff enough to hold up without flexing at full speed races with the 11nm Logitech Pro Racing Wheel?
  • Does the cloth seat flex when braking hard?

What do you think of this cockpit in relation to the Trophy G?

Playseat Sensation Pro FIA
View attachment 1244189View attachment 1244190
This cockpit is compatible with the Logitech PRO RACING WHEEL and Pedals Pro?? How about the rigidity of this cockpit?

Thank you very much for your help!
Trophy is absolutely fine.
Comfortable and solid with the g pro racing wheel, any direct drive wheel in fact.

Yep, the Trophy is more than sturdy enough. The cloth seat really doesn't flex (well, no more than a normal seat with the padding in it does) and you'll come away from a race feeling a lot less hot and bothered than you would in the Sensation Pro (which is also a great seat).

The bonus with the Trophy is that it really transmits the extra sensations from Trueforce through the frame and into the seat.

Last edited:
Damn that Sensation Pro looks so good.

Tempted to go the DIY route but something about a tubular design does it for me.

Does the Sensation Pro have triple support if I wanted to upgrade down the line?

I’m a little confused now as well.

Wheel settings are:

Strength 7.5
Trueforce 100
FFB Filter 6
Dampener 14
Angle 900 (don’t think I’ve ever adjusted this)

GT7 settings are:

Vibration 35
Force Feedback Max Torque 6
Force Feedback Sensitivity 1

Some cars the wheel is overly light, other ones it’s quite active and heavier. The stock 66 Jaguar XJ13 is giving a ton of feedback and wheel is heavier than other cars. But the stock 66 GT40 Mark I is very light, I used to be able to drive that one quite well, now it feels as though I’m skating on ice with that thing.

With that Jaguar, the wheel feels fine to me and it almost came alive, but the GT40 went the other direction and makes it feel like I should be upping my strength, but wouldn’t that make the Jaguar really heavy to drive? My stock 69 Camaro with sports soft felt like my wheel hadn’t turned on. Unless I started pushing it without sliding it.

Just did 60 min of various races in VR. With 1.31 it's really nailed. Sliding and drifting now is realistic and much easier. So cool how it all feels now. Just in love. The 918 with improved gear ratio on the Barcelona track is one big drift 'n sliding bonanza! insanely cool. I do hope PD does not change this physics engine back to what it was previous to 1.31. The improvement is massive. Since the update I did 3 weekly online gr.3 races on Brands Hatch. Finished 1st on all 3 of them. This 1.31 handeling + GPRO + PSVR2 = Realness to the max.
Thanks for your own input...
Not tried yet, but reading so many mixed views about this new update....
Seems VERY varied based on cars/controller types.

Would be nice to see a list of cars people will recommend to try with the update and this wheel.
btw perhaps, you now need to consider multichannel tactile to take your GT7 immersion up another step.

Have a look into what I am doing differently with tactile, I already have some early effects work that goes beyond the traditional approaches. We can also match the operation of some TF sensations using custom effects with Simhub.

It's possible to create/apply tactile effects to as many channels as we want, for a seat and pedals, using whatever frequencies we want effects and support the hardware being used. On top of that, I have found a method of boosting/adapting game audio to improve tactile and use both "game audio" based tactile with "telemetry generated" tactile.

Currently, I have a private discussion group of people helping to work towards making some really nice tactile effects for GT and different levels of budget-pro tactile hardware.

Last edited:
The jump is due to a change in the way GT7 is handling the settings through the SDK. Previously both the wheel and the game could effectively override the other - set the wheel to 5Nm and then set the torque in-game to 10 and you'd have 11Nm, for example. Now the game sets the overall cap based on what's set for the in-game torque and vibration settings. If you have the torque set to 5 and the wheel at 11Nm then you're just getting 5.5Nm from the wheel; the Strength on the wheel is just setting a level within that maximum cap set by the game's setting. I suspect that you therefore have the Strength on the wheel set to something less than 11Nm, so you'll definitely not be feeling the full power of the wheel.
Sorry to harp on this but I find the explanation above very confusing. Unusual for you, Rich, Your explanations are normally spot on!

I'll address your last sentence first; nope, my wheel strength has been set to 11 since day 1 and its still at 11. I've tried adjusting it down to 10.5 and then back to 11 to ensure it wasn't being over-ridden by the game on start up, but its definitely at 11 and I'm still finding torque very weak since the 1.31 update.

How could both settings previously override each other? Surely one took precedence? Like the most recently set one? Or something like that?

Now the game sets the overall cap based on what's set for the in-game torque and vibration settings. If you have the torque set to 5 and the wheel at 11Nm then you're just getting 5.5Nm from the wheel
Where does 5.5 come from? You mean the in game torque is set to 5 (out of a 1-10 scale), which equates to "use 50% of the wheel's set torque", which equates to 5.5?

the Strength on the wheel is just setting a level within that maximum cap set by the game's setting.
Again I find this wording confusing. My wheel strength is set to 11. What exactly does it mean when you say the "maximum cap set by the game's setting?

@CustomX
Wheel Setting
STRENGTH 11
TF AUDIO = Off for this test
FFB FILTER = Try various settings inc AUTO (does auto then apply the GT7 in-game setting sensitivity level?)

Setting the in-game value to 5 is half of 10(max) so then 50% and with the wheel settings at 11Nm we should then get upto 5.5Nm output on the wheel.

With the above wheel base settings and with GT7 in-game settings below, see what is the highest Nm output you get when using the OLED display on the wheel. We certainly do not get 11Nm with the Ford GT as shown in image below and this is the highest possible setting in both the wheel/game.

My own thinking on this....
We should expect these two settings to have equal output but it is not the case:
A) GT7 FFB = 10 / Wheel Strength 5.5Nm
B) GT7 FFB = 5 / Wheel Strength 11Nm

Err in this scenario isnt one is 100% source output with 50% amplification?
The other 50% source output with 100% amplification?

Considerations/Possibilities:
Various cars may differ in what their potential highest generated output is? So even with the wheel being set to 11Nm, (possibly) certain cars or car classes in the game may have a max @5Nm as their telemetry output is reduced? More comparisons are needed to better highlight to the community this factor on how/what elements regarding aspects like different PPP ratings or car class have any potential bearing on the wheels max generated output.

@LOGI_Rich in this instance appears to be wrong, or Im also misreading what he is saying....
If we adjust the wheel STRENGTH even with GT7 game set to max, yes it WILL still reduce the output.
Try it at 1 and then 11 even with GT's setting maintained at 10.

It's a very disappointing scenario, that Logitech can not have this "licensed product" with GT7, several months after its release able to offer the wheel's full potential of 11Nm. I think though that we may learn/find scenarios with certain cars that deliver lower/higher outputs.

Some may not be that bothered but for me, it's frustrating having to beta test a product to try to learn or understand more how it works with a AAA title. It's not imho acceptable for a product classed as pro and at this price point.

Attachments

• GT7 FFB Max Torque.JPG
    GT7 FFB Max Torque.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Yep, the Trophy is more than sturdy enough. The cloth seat really doesn't flex (well, no more than a normal seat with the padding in it does) and you'll come away from a race feeling a lot less hot and bothered than you would in the Sensation Pro (which is also a great seat).

The bonus with the Trophy is that it really transmits the extra sensations from Trueforce through the frame and into the seat.

@LOGI_Rich I know it's a complicated question. But won't the Trophy seat fabric sag over time?

Thanks for your information.

Last edited:
But won't the Trophy seat fabric sag over time?
Won't the padding in any seat sag/sink with time? I would have thought that at least with the Trophy seat could probably retention it via the straps.

While we're on the subject...
Could anyone with the Playseat Trophy give me an approximate eye level height measurement from the floor when sitting in the seat. Thanks.
I'm considering it but I'm not sure if it would be suitable for my setup - particularly the monitor height.

Okay, let's make it (hopefully) clearer:
  • Think of GT7 as an amplifier with a volume control.
  • Think of the wheel as a speaker with its own volume control connected to the amplifier
If the amplifier's volume is set to 50% then the speaker's volume control will act within the range of the 50% volume set by the amp (the maximum cap I was referring to before). Set the speaker's volume to 100% and you'll have the 50% that the amplifier is putting out; set the speaker to 50% and you'll have 25% (50% of 50%).

If the amplifier's volume is set to 100% then the speaker's volume control has full access to the volume range of the amplifier.

Bringing it back to the wheel, if you want access to the wheel's maximum torque then you set the Max Torque in GT7 to 10 and the wheel's Strength to 11Nm. So yes, @Mr Latte, adjusting the Strength does still change the torque of the wheel, just within the range set by GT7. Remember though that even with Max Torque set to 10 and the Strength set to 11Nm it does not mean you get 11Nm all of the time - the game reserves headroom for peak torque events. If the wheel ramped up to 11Nm as soon as you turned into a corner then you would not experience any other force events that might occur whilst navigating that corner, so you would be missing FFB info: this is clipping.

• Think of the wheel as a speaker with its own volume control connected to the amplifier
If the amplifier's volume is set to 50% then the speaker's volume control will act within the range of the 50% volume set by the amp (the maximum cap I was referring to before). Set the speaker's volume to 100% and you'll have the 50% that the amplifier is putting out; set the speaker to 50% and you'll have 25% (50% of 50%).

If the amplifier's volume is set to 100% then the speaker's volume control has full access to the volume range of the amplifier.

Bringing it back to the wheel, if you want access to the wheel's maximum torque then you set the Max Torque in GT7 to 10 and the wheel's Strength to 11Nm. So yes, @Mr Latte, adjusting the Strength does still change the torque of the wheel, just within the range set by GT7. Remember though that even with Max Torque set to 10 and the Strength set to 11Nm it does not mean you get 11Nm all of the time - the game reserves headroom for peak torque events. If the wheel ramped up to 11Nm as soon as you turned into a corner then you would not experience any other force events that might occur whilst navigating that corner, so you would be missing FFB info: this is clipping.
Super Rich. You explained it perfectly for those who didn't understand it until today. I don't think it can be explained any more easily.

What’s the reason why other wheels got stronger FFB than before the update and on Logitech G Pro, it feels weaker? I think, the level of details and FFB is lower than before. It sounds like a bug and not a normal behavior.

Lower pp cars on comfort tires, I’m finding I want to turn my ffb strength up from 7.5 to 8 or 8.5 and higher pp cars with racing tires I’m wanting to turn my ffb strength down a little, like to 7.

I know I can do this on the wheel, but it would be nice if that gap wasn’t quite so large in the game. It’s my opinion the force feedback is much better since the update and the physics are better, especially with the wheel going light in corners if you’re pushing too hard. It’s more realistic all around.

I think it’s the difference between say the 69 stock Camaro vs Mazda 787B. Camaro has very light ffb and the 787B has very heavy ffb especially with racing soft, much like ACC. It’s all in the tires, I have a boss 429 with racing soft and it feels heavy like the 787B with racing soft, not as heavy but close!

I’m not complaining about this update, I’m really digging the handling it feels less arcade and more of a simulator, still a ways to go but so much better than before.

Feel free to use try my settings (I don’t know who would run 11nm on the wheel with the Mazda 787B racing soft, must have bodybuilder arms lol)

GT7 vibration 40, torque 6, sensitivity 1
G Pro strength 7.5, trueforce 100, filter 7, dampener 14

What’s the reason why other wheels got stronger FFB than before the update and on Logitech G Pro, it feels weaker? I think, the level of details and FFB is lower than before. It sounds like a bug and not a normal behavior.
I’m convinced it’s the tires. I was racing with my dad last two nights, who has a T300 I warned him that people said that wheel got much stronger since the update. He didn’t really notice any change since racing after the update. But we’ve been running mostly sports tires or comfort tires and older cars. Then he hopped in his group c Jaguar last night. He had left his wheel settings as is but said yeah it’s a lot stronger in this one! Thats when I noticed my wheel was very heavy with the Mazda 787B, first race car I drove with racing soft since update. It’s the difference in tires mostly. I think it’s realistic, but it would be nice to narrow that ffb strength gap just a smidge.

For fun I put gt7 at 10 and wheel at 11. Nope, forget it, garbage, way to heavy for me. I can’t imagine even attempting drive with those settings in the Mazda 787B with racing soft lol

Very good explanation @LOGI_Rich. You have explained yourself very well.

For those who wanted to know if the "Playseat Sensation Pro" is compatible with the Logitech G Pro steering wheel.
It is necessary to incorporate an adapter for the chair to support DD.
I don't think this adapter is compatible with the Logitech Pro base
. Since the design as seen in the image is designed for completely square bases. The basse of the Logitech Pro Wheel does not enter there.

This is the adapter for the Playseat Sensation Pro:
playseat-direct-drive-adapter-front-view.jpg
41h4UxpJ4TL._AC_.jpg
playseat-direct-drive-adapter-with-simucube-and-cube-controls.jpg

I don't think this is compatible with the Logitech G Pro base, since it is not square. And I would destroy her...

That’s just a front-mounting adapter for DD wheels that support that method of mounting. The sensation already comes with a flat wheel plate that you can mount the G Pro to.

Thanks for the torque explanation. Rich. Much clearer. After today's session, I'm sold on the fact it's a step forward. Really enjoyed it. Turning TF Audio up to 100 was the key, I think. Still curious to know where this fix originated; or did @Turboracer come up with it?

Last edited:
Agreed that turning up TF audio on the wheel from 35 to 100 did restore some of the "sensation" I feel like I lost. I think at this point I am chalking up most of the changes I am feeling after the update to changes to the tire and suspension models, and will accept that this is more realistic than before when I could really chuck cars through corners almost flat

I am thoroughly enjoying the Logi G Pro wheel & pedals - coming from my trusted G29, I can say WOW what a difference - driving in GT7 is on another level, especially with Trueforce.

With all this forum talk, post GT7 1.31 update, I would like dial my wheel settings / GT7 settings in - so can we all PLEASE publish the best settings to use and highlight the ones that should remain static and the ones that can be tweaked to personal preference - this includes each wheel setting:

Strength
TF Audio
FFB Filter
Dampener
Angle (assume 1080 for GT7?)
Brake force

and also the GT7 in game settings

Vibration Strength
Force Feedback Max. Torque
Fore Feedback sensitivity
Controller Steering Sensitivity (not sure if this applies but read somewhere that it can have an affect on wheels)

It will help people like me, and others, who are new to the Logi G Pro wheel and GT7.

A consensus on the best overall settings will be most appreciated!! That includes any from Logi_Rich.

Mine are same as recommended on the logitech support website, of course my preference for the ones with no recommendation

Strength 11Nm
TF Audio 100
FFB Filter 8
Dampener 15
Angle originally set to 1080* but always displays 900 on restarting wheel and connecting to game
Brake force 35kg

Vibration Strength 35
Force Feedback Max. Torque 8
Fore Feedback sensitivity 1
Have not touched controller sensitivity so assume default.

Back