Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

This is the best I can do, it's audible while driving obviously which is where it first started but you can hear it here while the wheel is not powered.

I do think it's a bit disconcerting as long as we don't know what is causing it. Mine is dead silent when rotating (power off). Used it maybe 50-100 hours. Hope it stays that way and also that your noise is harmless!

There's no such thing as a dead silent G PRO wheel when rotating the rim in off state. There is still some noise however slight. This is not a Fanatec wheel with unlimited rotation which indeed is almost dead silent. The G PRO is internally limited by its mechanism, I don't know exactly how it is constructed but it has something to do with the wiring going along the main shaft not allowing for unlimited rotation.
I tested two G PRO wheels and both made a slight dragging sound, but it's so small that it can be easily drowned by sound coming from speakers.
I just wouldn't dwell on that much. It's simply a side effect of the internal mechanism design.

Last edited:
Hello, I have the PC away from my Logitech G Pro version. PS5.
Is it necessary to update the firmware of the wheel on consoles?
I am only going to use the wheel on PlayStation 5. I do NOT use PC.

I have the same question - do I need to do the firmware update if I am only using the Logitech G Pro wheel and Pedals on a PS5

@ Logi_Rich:

Do I need to do the firmware update (via G-Hub) if I am only using the Logitech G Pro wheel and Pedals on a PS5. I don't have a PC to install GHub so need to know if the firmware needs to be updated when using the Logitech G Pro Wheel and Pedals on a PS5.

I have a Apple Mac (Intel based) - if I do need to update the firmware - will the GHUB for Mac do this?

Is recommended but not strictly required yet (unless you want to get the Racing Adapter, in which case it’s 100% necessary).

Provided you’re on OS10.15 or later then G HUB will recognise and update the wheel.

Is recommended but not strictly required yet (unless you want to get the Racing Adapter, in which case it’s 100% necessary).

Provided you’re on OS10.15 or later then G HUB will recognise and update the wheel.
Thank you Logi_Rich - so I can update the firmware via GHUB for Mac as long as the OS is 10.15 (Catalina) or later - and once updated, the wheel / pedals will continue to work fine on PS5?

Yes, although any future firmware updates are only going to get bundled with newer versions of G HUB and that will mean you would need OS11 or later.

Yes, although any future firmware updates are only going to get bundled with newer versions of G HUB and that will mean you would need OS11 or later.
Thank you again Logi_Rich - We are on OS13 (Ventura) so presume that will be fine to update the firmware with the current version of GHUB for MAC. I have the Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel - Playstion / PC version. Can you provide me the correct link to download the GHUB for MAC so that I can update the firmware on my Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel - Playstion / PC version

Hi Logi_Rich:

I have managed to update firmware via the GHUB for MAC - new versions are below - are they the latest firmware versions?

PRO: 133.2.94
RIM: 7.0.21
PEDALS: 6.0.27
DRIVE: 13.2.52

Thanks

Did anyone try it after the update in gt7? The wheel feels aweful with the current recommended settings. I tried to tweak it but I can’t seem to make it work.
You mean how the steering wheel works with update 1.31??
Have you tried the wheel with today's update 1.31?
In the 1.31 patch forum post there are comments from people who have tried it...

Did anyone try it after the update in gt7? The wheel feels aweful with the current recommended settings. I tried to tweak it but I can’t seem to make it work.
I just ran a few races. It’s not different enough that I can’t drive, and it’s not different enough for me to tell what’s different… but my first thought was, I’m going to have to turn my strength up. I decided not to and I’m just leaving it as is and driving it with my current settings.

I wish they‘d say, we changed it and this is exactly what we changed. I know it’s 100% different, I ran the 69 Camaro last night, so I ran that again today, in that car, ffb strength felt reduced, as well as other things I can’t put my finger on. Maybe they should provide notes about the update like, increase this and that, we changed it for the better, run these settings.

My initial thought was I had no ffb. I did notice the harder I drove the car I got more ffb. I usually run countersteering on strong because this game has some weird issues with cars randomly kicking out on you so fast you can even react. So I started wondering if it has something to do with that? They did say they were minimizing the countersteering effects I thought.

Updates remind me of when I used to “reorganize” my mom’s computer desktop for her. I‘d arrange things, she’d get so pissed off, “leave it alone so I can find stuff!”. Haha. Now I understand, I understand very well. Leave it alone lol

if they were going to make changes to direct drive wheel ffb, I would have thought it would have headed more towards ACC Competizione not the other way?

But hey that’s gaming or everything in general now, so many updates to a product or software it morphs into not the thing you bought in the first place and usually ends up somewhat broken for the rest of its life.

I just ran a few races. It’s not different enough that I can’t drive, and it’s not different enough for me to tell what’s different… but my first thought was, I’m going to have to turn my strength up. I decided not to and I’m just leaving it as is and driving it with my current settings.

I wish they‘d say, we changed it and this is exactly what we changed. I know it’s 100% different, I ran the 69 Camaro last night, so I ran that again today, in that car, ffb strength felt reduced, as well as other things I can’t put my finger on. Maybe they should provide notes about the update like, increase this and that, we changed it for the better, run these settings.

My initial thought was I had no ffb. I did notice the harder I drove the car I got more ffb. I usually run countersteering on strong because this game has some weird issues with cars randomly kicking out on you so fast you can even react. So I started wondering if it has something to do with that? They did say they were minimizing the countersteering effects I thought.

Updates remind me of when I used to “reorganize” my mom’s computer desktop for her. I‘d arrange things, she’d get so pissed off, “leave it alone so I can find stuff!”. Haha. Now I understand, I understand very well. Leave it alone lol

if they were going to make changes to direct drive wheel ffb, I would have thought it would have headed more towards ACC Competizione not the other way?

But hey that’s gaming or everything in general now, so many updates to a product or software it morphs into not the thing you bought in the first place and usually ends up somewhat broken for the rest of its life.
Yep I felt the exact same, turned up ffb.
Wtf are they doing.
It's meant to be a simulator, and they make the ffb for kids.

GT7 1.31 update has completely ruined the feel of the Pro Wheel for me. Just did first few runs. Torque feels much weaker than before. Had to turn in game FFB up from 5 to 8. But now I’m getting almost a “clipping” type effect Rumble strips don’t feel as good as yesterday.

What’s everyone else finding?

GT7 1.31 update has completely ruined the feel of the Pro Wheel for me. Just did first few runs. Torque feels much weaker than before. Had to turn in game FFB up from 5 to 8. But now I’m getting almost a “clipping” type effect Rumble strips don’t feel as good as yesterday.

What’s everyone else finding?
Exact same.
Wtf are they doing.

I’m leaving my settings for now, I know you can make a couple small changes and start chasing your tail. I do that with snowmobile suspension settings. Best to make one small change, put in the time and then decide. So I’m just leaving it as is and see how I feel about it after a week, if I notice I need to change stuff, I’ll change it to try to get back to where I was before. but my memory isn’t good enough to recall the exact feel. Lol

I like it much better after the update with the same recommended settings.
Everything is much more realistic. Yes it feels lighter, more smooth. This is what i think the new physics model does. My times are also faster straight away. Feels far more realistic and therefore easier to me.

Gt7 massively changed the physics.
Finnaly more realistic. Super happy with the 1.31 update. Did I say it feels more realistic now?🤣

Last edited:
Everything is much more realistic. Yes it feels lighter, more smooth. This is what i think the new physics model does. My times are also faster straight away. Feels far more realistic and therefore easier to me.

Finnaly more realistic. Super happy with the
This is why I’m not jumping to conclusions just yet, I was sort of wondering the same thing... smoother, lighter but perhaps more realistic. I’ve always said a cars wheel doesn’t try to rip out of your hands when driving and it’s definitely not heavy when driving over 30mph. Of course it’s a game and the only feedback you can get is through the wheel so it maybe has to be exaggerated a bit.

im not even close to maxed out for settings on the wheel or in gt7 so I have room to go either way. Except for trueforce, 35 in game, recently turned it up to 100 on the wheel.

Finnaly more realistic. Super happy with the 1.31 update. Did I say it feels more realistic now?🤣
Can you please give me the link to see the recommended Settings for the Pro Racing Wheel in GT7?

This is why I’m not jumping to conclusions just yet, I was sort of wondering the same thing... smoother, lighter but perhaps more realistic. I’ve always said a cars wheel doesn’t try to rip out of your hands when driving and it’s definitely not heavy when driving over 30mph. Of course it’s a game and the only feedback you can get is through the wheel so it maybe has to be exaggerated a bit.

im not even close to maxed out for settings on the wheel or in gt7 so I have room to go either way. Except for trueforce, 35 in game, recently turned it up to 100 on the wheel.
Same here tf 35 ingame 100 on wheel. Gt7 torque ffb at 5 sens at 1.
Did do a tf40 and 6/1 just after the update. Dailed it back after some testing to 35 5/1. Really love it now. Cars feel very specific. F40 is now crazy realistic, f50 much more enjoyable. Really really happy.

Same here tf 35 ingame 100 on wheel. Gt7 torque ffb at 5 sens at 1.
Did do a tf40 and 6/1 just after the update. Dailed it back after some testing to 35 5/1. Really love it now. Cars feel very specific. F40 is now crazy realistic, f50 much more enjoyable. Really really happy.
I might get your exact settings later and try them out. After I write mine down. It sounds like it’s pretty close to yours anyway. But could be neat to share and see how somebody else is feeling the game, especially since you seem happy with your settings.

@LOGI_Rich Are you and the team going to do some testing and perhaps revise your recommended settings for GT7 in light of the new 1.31 update? What are you thoughts on the feel of the Pro Wheel with 1.31? Do you agree with those who say the new feel is more realistic? Do you agree that the torque feels too light?

I gotta be honest. I've got little desire to boot up GT7 now. Not until some guidance is given. I don't have the time to do testing myself. Reliant on the pros to do it!!

@bokspeed You're all up to date. For future reference, if there was no error reported then the update is successful.

@CustomX I still need to ask the support team to update the TF Audio value from 35 to 100 but otherwise I see no need to change the settings on the support page. What does seem to be coming through more with the new update is that steering feels even more natural but I doubt this has anything to do with changes to force feedback directly; it's more likely due to the update to the handling physics. As I've mentioned before, one of the benefits for developers with Trueforce is that more direct link between the physics engine and what the wheel is doing, so improvements they make there will come through in the wheel.

I remember a few years ago when Kunos were implementing TF support in ACC. At the time they were also working on the improvements to the tyre model (updating from a single point of contact to 5, if I remember correctly) and they were telling us that they could immediately feel the difference as a result of Trueforce; this was with a G923 as well.

Ok thanks Rich. So TF Audio to 100 is the only change. I know turboracer said it but was it also suggested somewhere else? Any insights into why that huge jump from 35-100 is necessary?

Does the torquiness of the wheel not feel different to you? To me it's like there's almost no resistance. The old G29 had more.....

The jump is due to a change in the way GT7 is handling the settings through the SDK. Previously both the wheel and the game could effectively override the other - set the wheel to 5Nm and then set the torque in-game to 10 and you'd have 11Nm, for example. Now the game sets the overall cap based on what's set for the in-game torque and vibration settings. If you have the torque set to 5 and the wheel at 11Nm then you're just getting 5.5Nm from the wheel; the Strength on the wheel is just setting a level within that maximum cap set by the game's setting. I suspect that you therefore have the Strength on the wheel set to something less than 11Nm, so you'll definitely not be feeling the full power of the wheel.

Back