Logitech G27 vs Thrustmaster T500 RS vs Fanatec GT3 RS (V2).

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Argentina
Buenos Aires
lmxtom3
Hi Everyone. I'm new to steering/racing wheels and I was wondering which is the BEST between Logitech G27, Thrustmaster T500 RS and Fanatec GT3 RS (V2). Soon I will buy one of this 3 steering/racing wheels :D :cheers:.
So... every post/comment/opinion will be very helpful and is welcome :).

EDIT: The best racing/steering wheel for Gran Turismo 5

Last edited:
Depends on what you are looking for....there is alot of info in this forum, do a little reading and I am sure you can come up with a fav....I just got the Fanatec GT3RS, because I liked the option of adjusting my wheel on the wheel in the game...and loved the belt drive idea....and honestly you cant go wrong with the clubsport pedals....
But I have friends that have the G27 and love it...but hate not being able to adjust FFb and sensitivity on GT5. Good luck with your decision

But I have friends that have the G27 and love it...but hate not being able to adjust FFb and sensitivity on GT5. Good luck with your decision

I just got a G27 and it is awesome. I don't know where this stuff about not being able to adjust FFB and sensitivity on GT5 comes from. You just dial it up in the wheel settings, same as any other wheel. I upgraded from DFGT, and the level of FF adjustment is pretty much the same, although the quality is much better on G27.

I see you are in Argentina, do a little research into prices, especially shipping. In Australia, I can go into any big chain store and pick up a G27, but the Thrustmaster is double the price and rare as hens teeth, and Fanatecs cost nearly as much to ship here as their purchase cost. G27 is also the only one that includes the shifter as standard.

So I accept they might be great wheels, but so is the G27, and its bolted onto my rig right now, and I didn't have to work overtime to afford it.

Having had a G27 previously and now owning a T500, if money isn't a problem and you can justify the expense then look at the T500 - in GT5 it is light years ahead of a G27 wheel.

But like others have said else where in these forums, i feel PD may have "dumbed down" the G2x wheels in GT5.

You'll find there are more owners of Fanatic/Logitech wheels than the Thrustmaster wheels in this forum, so the votes my be somewhat skewed in favour of either of those 2 wheels.

If you can, go and test all 3, most gaming style stores will have a G27 or a T500 setup on a rig.

I voted for the one I opted for, upgrading from the G25 to the Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS V2, because I like the feel of the wheel, the configurability of the wheel (and being able to save five different settings), and the fact that you can get a complete rig, with excellent Club Sport Pedals and shifter, for considerably less than the Thrustmaster T500 RS. Frankly, I don't think there's any comparison between the G25/G27 and the superior Fanatec. I've used both. The Fanatec and CSP is superior. However, the Thrustmaster is probably the best of them all (not so sure about the pedals--I think I would rather have the CSP). I wish I could have tried the Thrustmaster before deciding for sure on the Fanatec, but without that option, I chose the Fanatec for the CSP, great feeling wheel, configurability, cost, and the future Club Sport Shifter. Even with all of that, it will likely end up costing me less than the Thrustmaster T500 RS, which has no shifter. Of course, the standard Fanatec shifter set is on back-order until May.

It seems to me it comes down to how much you want to pay. If cost is no object, and you don't mind waiting for potentially a very long time for a shifter, the Thrustmaster is probably the "best" (again, I like the features and Alcantara wrap of the Fanatec), followed by the Fanatec, and then the Logitech.

Obviously G27 owners will vote G27. That doesn't mean it's the best wheel, which was your original question.

The answer is easy: if you find force feedback more important than pedal feel, and money isn't an issue, then T500 is clearly the best choice. its FFB is smooth, detailed, no belt or tooth feel to it, and it's just a class above the rest. If you find pedal feel is more important, you might wanna get a Fanatec wheel for the Clubsport pedals.

All assuming you play GT5. If you're into PC sims, the best combo is T500 + Clubsport pedals. Best of both worlds. Also worth noting that the T500 is even more amazing with the more advanced physics and FFB from PC sims.

roughly speaking...isn't the GT3 equivalent to the G27 and the GT2 equivalent to the T500RS? that would make the T500RS the clear winner, unless price is a factor (OP does not state this so therefore I had to vote T500R).
imho, ymmv of course.
:)

roughly speaking...isn't the GT3 equivalent to the G27 and the GT2 equivalent to the T500RS?

The GT2 and GT3 are the same exact wheel except for color and XBOX 360 support and lit up buttons!

It's really comparing apples with oranges IMO. The Fanatecs are belt driven FFB so it's an entirely different feel altogether.

Just comes down to personal preference. And they all have there pro's and con's like anything else.

Last edited:
Obviously G27 owners will vote G27. That doesn't mean it's the best wheel, which was your original question.

The answer is easy: if you find force feedback more important than pedal feel, and money isn't an issue, then T500 is clearly the best choice. its FFB is smooth, detailed, no belt or tooth feel to it, and it's just a class above the rest. If you find pedal feel is more important, you might wanna get a Fanatec wheel for the Clubsport pedals.

All assuming you play GT5. If you're into PC sims, the best combo is T500 + Clubsport pedals. Best of both worlds. Also worth noting that the T500 is even more amazing with the more advanced physics and FFB from PC sims.

T500 + CSP's + Act-Labs = amazing.

I haven't plugged in the GT2 since late January.

I´ve had the G27.

I think it´s not comparable to the Fanatec imo.
I also had a V2 until half an hour ago but i know it will not be comparable to the Thrustmaster.
Yes all three has steering wheels and the average joe will think all of them are just as good. But technically, it´s not.
So that´s why i ordered a T500RS which should arrive in two days hopefully.

So basically the answer to your question is TM T500RS without ever seeing or driving one IRL.
Did keep my CSP´s though. They are better then the TM pedals.

Last edited:
Having only tried the Logitech, I have to say...welll...urm...Logitech.

I've heard awesome stuff from the Fanatec but I sort of dislike the way it looks (Not that I don't like a Porsche wheel, but I do have something against a Porsche wheel when I'm not driving a Porsche car) and I've heard pretty worrying things from their waiting lists, customer service, and shipment arrangements (at least when shipping to where I live, I see you're South American as well so it could be a trouble for you too).

I've also heard a lot of good stuff from the T500RS but the price tag just absoulutely kills it. Twice. With fire. US$600 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. It's what I paid for my G27 and PS3. And my G27 has a decent enough shifter, shifting paddles that stay on their place, a clutch pedal I can actually use, some leather thrown in here and there, and the LED shifting lights. Though the leather and lights are actually gimmicks, the leather feels fine and looks awesome and the lights are something cool to show to your mates.

The G27 is, by my books, the best wheel to get. Yeah, it might still not have full on support (Damned PD!) but it looks and feels sturdy, has a """decent""" price tag, and is retailed by a lot of shops all over the world. It's great, "affordable", and you don't have to pay for mind-boggling shipping arrangements to get it. I actually bought it from Amazon in the U.S and a friend of mom who works there and travels usually brought it here, so shipment was actually free. It might not be as good as the other two (Which isn't saying it is bad. Actually, it's an excellent wheel. The other two are indeed better, but you can't go wrong with any of them) in specs, but in the real world, with a real wallet and real shipping companies, I'd say G27.

Just my opinion, amigo argentino 👍.

Last edited:
I have a G25

Price wise I would buy a G 27 now ($290 dollars in Canada at Smoketronics.ca) , and save for a future replacement wheel down the road (Fanatec or Thrustmaster T500 rs-it may come with a shifter then too). That is what I am doing as long as my G25 lasts.

Also Logitech may (?) try and compete with Thrustmaster and come out with a new
'G30'(?)

Assuming you are talking about GT5 only, these are the 3 best wheels, but none of them are perfect, so really it is about which fit is the best for you.

TR500
Pros: apparently a truly outstanding wheel / really good pedals / GT5 button mapping
Cons: no H-shifter / unproven durability / rubber wheel rim

GT3RS
Pros: great wheel / best adjustability / great rim feel / best pedals (clubsports) / only sequential and H-shifter of the 3
Cons: shaky reputation for durability and service / no GT5 button mapping

G27:
Pros: great wheel / great durability and service / good H-shifter / good pedals
Cons: small wheel / pedals are good, but weakest of the 3 / no GT5 button mapping

TR500 is out of the question for me with no H-shifter, I have and like the G27, but overall I would probably go GT3RS or GT2 (XBOX support) with clubsports.

Last edited:
The GT2 and GT3 are the same exact wheel except for color and XBOX 360 support and lit up buttons!

It's really comparing apples with oranges IMO. The Fanatecs are belt driven FFB so it's an entirely different feel altogether.

Just comes down to personal preference. And they all have there pro's and con's like anything else.

So it is 3-tier vote? very odd choices by the OP.

I would still go with the T500RS since price is not a factor. If he wants xobx360 support (not specified either in OP) I would go with the GT3.

If he wants xobx360 support (not specified either in OP) I would go with the GT3.

Typo? The GT2 is the one with the XBOX 360 support. Just didn't want the OP to get confused there that's all.

If I was starting from scratch and wanted the hole package then the T500 would be a good pick but I would have to have an H shifter to go along with that clutch pedal. So tack on another $200.00 on top of the $600.00 for me!

And then I would be eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a while! :ouch:

I just ordered a new wheel and I went through the process selecting from these three wheels. I have no "hands on" experience of any of the three, so it was purely based on reading and looking at the wheels.

The T500 fell off pretty quickly. With the paddles fixed and not moving with the wheel is something I cannot understand why they did. A dealbreaker.

A was thinking long between the Fanatec and the Logitech. I think the GT3 wheel is slightly better than the G27 and the CSP looks outstanding. The Fanatec has a lot of very interesting features and the G27 has all the basics, does it well but no more. I really wanted to buy the Fanatec but....

I think a good anology is.... If buying a high-end sports car and chosing between a Ferrari (Fanatic) and a Porsche (Logitech). The Ferrari is the better car but is made by a small manufacturer with all the potential issues mostly reliability. The Porsche is engineered for mass production, is not going to fail you and you can even use it as a daily driver. The heart says Ferrari and the brain Porsche.

For me, the brain won and I ordered a Logitech G27.

The logical choice is the G27, it is cheaper and performs very well. I have tried all 3 compared wheels (in GT5)! The T500 is the most expensive, doesn't really have such an "advanced feeling" compared to the others (it is not worst either), has no H shifter, has uncomfortable paddle shifting system (not following the wheel) and is too bulky for my taste. Nevertheless, if the price wasn't so high, I would give it a try...
My choice was the GT3 RS CS! It looks and feels perfect, and the CSpedals are incomparable (+ the udjustability)!
I consider that worth's the 100Euro over the G27 (for me in Europe), but don't feel the same about the T500.
(Although I have to admit that I had some issues with the CSpedals, which have been solved very quickly by the Fanatec Support team -thanks for that!👍)

Yes, I'm talking about GT5 only. The best racing/steering wheel for Gran Turismo 5.

Well the Thrustmaster is the new official wheel for GT5 so. With GT5 FFB settings (Or lack of) I personally would get the wheel that's going to give the strongest FFB. Since you are only going to be racing GT5.

Unfortunately without spending a boat load of money and having a degree in engineering creating G-forces isn't going to happen for the average joe.

So I rely on the wheel to give me a sense of what the car is doing as I accelerate, brake, turn ect...

With that said I can not say how the T500 performs with GT5 because I do not own one. Or the G27. I have the GT3 and can personally tell you that it feels much better than the DFGT with GT5 but I am hopping for another patch for GT5 that implements either more FFB settings or just gives it a boost. Perhaps with the T500 it's just fine the way it is. Idk..

Typo? The GT2 is the one with the XBOX 360 support. Just didn't want the OP to get confused there that's all.

If I was starting from scratch and wanted the hole package then the T500 would be a good pick but I would have to have an H shifter to go along with that clutch pedal. So tack on another $200.00 on top of the $600.00 for me!

And then I would be eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a while! :ouch:

haha D'oh! I am confusing myself (easy to do!) with all the wheels!

I had the wheel: Logitec DFP and recently fanatec PWTS cs and I must admit that as much was the difference between DFPvs PWTS so now it is at the forefront T500rs. For GT5 is just great, there is no oscillating movements in the middle position at the same time is very precise. Clearly overcomes every bend, my jaw just dropped !!!
As for me it is a little too loud clicking when shifting. the fan seems to be louder more frequently switched than that of the PWTS

I didn't get in Gran Turismo until GT3. What got me into it was trying out the game with Logitech's Driving force. Since then I have had two Driving Force wheels (P1 P2), a Driving Force Pro, a Driving Force GT and now I have a G27. So my vote is for the Logitech G27 since I've had a great experience with them. I can't really say anything bad or good about the other wheels. From doing research about wheels before buying the G27 though, the main topic I kept finding about Fanatec was it's poor customer service which makes me wonder about the wheels reliability if so many people have to call customer service. Maybe I've just been lucky but I have never had to contact Logitech about a problem with any of the wheel I owned. As for the saying "You get what you pay for" unfortunately thats not always the case. Especially with new models whether it's a new phone, car or steering wheel sometimes there a bugs or design flaws that don't get resolved until an updated version is released (XBOX 360). So the T500 RS sounds like it has all the right stuff for GT5, but for the price it's just not proven itself IMO, only time will tell. In the end it's what feels best for you and gives you the biggest :) while driving 👍

I just got a G27 and it is awesome. I don't know where this stuff about not being able to adjust FFB and sensitivity on GT5 comes from. You just dial it up in the wheel settings, same as any other wheel.

Where do you adjust the Wheel Sen from 900 degrees to say 360???
When you find it let me know so I can let them know. And what I meen by in the game is not in the options menu....I can run a lap stop on the track adjust any of my 7 settings without even exiting the track.
Not saying anything Bad about G27...Just have alot of friends with them and listen to them talk crap about them, not being supported in GT5.
It's all in what you want and play.

Where do you adjust the Wheel Sen from 900 degrees to say 360???

Ah OK. I'll have to check that. I like it at the full 900, I'm not that into open wheel racing etc. But with the DFGT it had some weird ambiguous control name, so I'll see if it works. FF definitely works as expected.

I didn't mean to sound too aggresive, it's just that I was kind of expecting a lot more compatability issues with this wheel than there are, because there are a lot of conflicting reports floating around the forums.

@ Robulus...No worrys mate....I just listen to them and that helped me make my decision...They also complained about a dead spot in the wheel that they all hated...and I think I know what they meant...I experienced the same whith My DFGT

@ Robulus...No worrys mate....I just listen to them and that helped me make my decision...They also complained about a dead spot in the wheel that they all hated...and I think I know what they meant...I experienced the same whith My DFGT

The dead spot issue I'm not sure about. There is a dead spot in the centre of the DFGT, and it seems like people think that's a good thing, because you can head down a straight and take your hands off the wheel. I don't think there is a dead spot on the G27, and I've seen the oscillation people worry about if you take your hands off the wheel.

I don't quite know which way I come down on this one. On the one hand, you can take your hands off the wheel when going in a straight line in real life, on the other hand, on the DFGT I found the complete lack of any tactile feedback on long straights at high speed to be a bit weird.

It's definitely not a deal breaker for me, either way.

I've been working on my rig to fit the G27 so I haven't actually driven this week, I'll have a play and get back about the wheel sensitivity settings.

Back