Logitech G29 - Shifter Mods/Improvements

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Coryd, Jun 20, 2017.

1. ETS Gamer

ETS Gamer

cool

2. manager09

manager09

I have 1 question, isn't the plastic part attached to the original boot? How did you remove it?

3. Moltrax

Moltrax

I removed it it with my hands. I just pulled it out.

4. manager09

manager09

Oh ok, I am about to buy a second hand g25 shifter, the knob and the leather is in mediocre condition but I have no problem fixing that. So the plastic part comes off without much effort, right? Also what tool did you use to cut holes on the boot?

5. Moltrax

Moltrax

I used a hole tongs but I think you can use a nail and a hammer to punch holes in it.
    Btw. there are some cuts around the plastic boot, you have to do some cuts in the new boot too ^^

6. Moltrax

Moltrax

@Coryd
    Hey there!
    I installed the new shifter knob and boot but I can't really shift into the 1st, 3rd and 5th gear. It's not really locking like in the 2nd 4th and 6th.
    When I try to shift in the 5th gear, it's jumping over in neutral. Not every time but very often.
    I really hope you or somebody else can help me with this problem.

7. Coryd

Coryd

I'm not sure what the issue is. The shift knob and boot are all cosmetic, they don't touch or affect the shift mechanism itself.

8. ChaconMD

ChaconMD

Hey!

Almost two years in of your Playseat challenge/G29 combo how is it going?? still loving it?? anything broke?? still comfortable??
    asking because I'm about to buy the same set up

Cheers!

9. Coryd

Coryd

Yep, still loving it and everything is still going strong. Haven't had any issues with anything breaking or falling apart. Definitely recommend the setup.

10. ChaconMD

ChaconMD

Excellent!!! Thanks for the response!!!
    I got the G29, ordering the chair!

Coryd likes this.
  11. DeanPLAYZ

DeanPLAYZ

What probably happened, is that you cut the boot too short. When you shift, it stops the stick because its stretched out. When installing you should always put the stick in 1st gear and cut the boot so it fits the length.

asteroulis likes this.
  12. Moltrax

Moltrax

Thanks for the reply but I think I almost cut it too long. Someday I will try to fix it lol.

13. DeanPLAYZ

DeanPLAYZ

Just modded mine. Thanks for the tips!!

Attached Files:

14. Coryd

Coryd

Looking good!

15. klondike

klondike

@Coryd

Looking great. Well done :-)

I have the same setup Playseat and Logitech G29, but dident buy a shifter yet. Been thinking about it for some time, just not sure wich route is best to go.

How did you attach the gearshifter to the playseat challenge ?

16. DeanPLAYZ

DeanPLAYZ

You have to buy an attachment for the Playseat. It costs 50€.

17. GTSdude1109

GTSdude1109

This looks great so I decided to get the knob and the boot but I have a couple questions. First, do you know, in inches, roughly how much you trimmed the boot? Second, I would like to order the part from Italy but are the plastic parts the ones you have to grease a lot or the carbon or both (website is a bit confusing on this)? Also, they do have a new updated version 3 mod that they say is much better.

https://www.3drap.it/product/mod-cambio-v3-h-shifter-logitech-g25-g27-g29-g920-improved-feel/

I know you don't have any experience with this but would you buy this over your initial purchase if given the chance?

One more thing, they now have on Amazon what *looks* like the same adapter pieces but the only review on there the person says it is flimsy and doesn't fit. Not sure if that's correct or if they didn't know how to install it. Can you take a peek and tell me what you think?

https://www.amazon.com/Gearshift-Ad...ords=g29+gear+shift+mod&qid=1575780728&sr=8-5

Sorry for all the questions but I'd really like to get this right the first time. I really appreciate it!

I got the OpenWheeler racing chair/stand in red/black so I got the shifter knob in red too, lol.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ORLVWN...with+Xbox+One,+Playstation,+PC+Platforms&th=1

Do you think this is necessary? I didn't buy it because I've heard a lot of people like the way the pedal feels out of the box, others think it needs more resistance. I guess I'll just have to see for myself once I open all this stuff for Christmas (wife won't let me do anything with it before that).

https://www.amazon.com/Glodorm-Upgr...od&qid=1575781976&s=automotive&sr=1-3-catcorr

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

18. Yusuf

Yusuf

Just installed a 3drap adapter, shifter boot and knob upload_2020-9-8_15-13-8.jpeg

19. Tornado

Tornado

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021