Logitech in financial trouble. "Discontinue... console peripherals"

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 227 comments
I had my G25 since GT4 with no trouble at all. It's nice to see it officially supported, but it didn't change that much.

I do not want to cause a slippery slope but if Logitech leaves, then Fanatec and Thrustmaster are all that is left. If either fails, growth in sim racing could be severely stunted.

Not really, ECCI and Frex will remain around for a long time.

If the guys from insidesimracing are correct, than Logitech is still going to make pc peripherals. Hopefully this will include a new pc wheel.

Bought my wheel from Argos Oct 2010 for £79. Now it cost £99 at the same shop. Looks like I can actually make a profit selling it used :D

They jacked up the price when GT5 got released because they knew there would be a demand. Dirty tactics if you ask me.

Last edited:
Anyone else hear that the peripheral decision is for sale? If there are no buyers it could be good night Charlie :nervous:

Anyone else hear that the peripheral decision is for sale? If there are no buyers it could be good night Charlie :nervous:
If that is true, I don't have to wait for the G29 to come out.

There was still hope but after reading pilmat's post, all the hope is gone. :(

I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.
I can't type like that. I tried but I can't. :P

I'm in the market for a better wheel. Although the T500 and the Fanatec are better wheels than the G27, I think I'm going to wait, patiently, for the new G wheel to come out. I already had the G25 and the G27, so I don't want those wheels anymore.

Every single time that I bought a Playstation, I kept it for one to two years and sold it. I don't think I'm going to buy the PS4 next year.
Saying that, I'll probably end up buying the PS4 after all because I always change my mind.

As long as the new Logitech G wheel is going to be belt driven, true 16-bit noise free resolution with a hydraulic brake, I'm going to be very happy.

This all for €300!

Perfect! 💡

:sly:

@kikie. I want another wheel at some point but have been waiting for Logitech's next wheel before making a decision. But expecting a CSW beater for €300 is a bit unrealistic don't you think?

As for the next console generation I'm gonna sit tight and wait until they're both in their stride. I rushed out to buy the PS3 (which was expensive at launch) because I thought it would wipe the floor with the 360. I think Sony's and Microsoft's consoles this generation have been near enough equal but in different areas. Sony has my preferred exclusives but the multi-platform games are nearly always better on the 360. I will probably get flamed for saying this but I was a little disappointed with GT5. I've not played Forza 3 or 4 but I think the developers of that series have done more things right than Kaz did this generation (he doesn't seem to listen to feedback). For those wondering I used to share a flat with my brother and co-owned a 360, then I bought a PS3. I then moved out of the flat and took the PS3 with me and my brother kept the 360. I then bought a gaming PC. I thought I'd explain that before being called a fanboy which I'm not as I think fanboyism is utterly pathetic and pointless.

@kikie. I want another wheel at some point but have been waiting for Logitech's next wheel before making a decision. But expecting a CSW beater for €300 is a bit unrealistic don't you think?

As for the next console generation I'm gonna sit tight and wait until they're both in their stride. I rushed out to buy the PS3 (which was expensive at launch) because I thought it would wipe the floor with the 360. I think Sony's and Microsoft's consoles this generation have been near enough equal but in different areas. Sony has my preferred exclusives but the multi-platform games are nearly always better on the 360. I will probably get flamed for saying this but I was a little disappointed with GT5. I've not played Forza 3 or 4 but I think the developers of that series have done more things right than Kaz did this generation (he doesn't seem to listen to feedback). For those wondering I used to share a flat with my brother and co-owned a 360, then I bought a PS3. I then moved out of the flat and took the PS3 with me and my brother kept the 360. I then bought a gaming PC. I thought I'd explain that before being called a fanboy which I'm not as I think fanboyism is utterly pathetic and pointless.
Yes it is indeed very unrealistic. But one can dream and hope.
Life is nothing without hope.

Yes it is indeed very unrealistic. But one can dream and hope.
Life is nothing without hope.

I have many such dreams and hopes. Ufortunately reality wont play along.

Edit: Like my dream of spelling unfortunately correctly the first time.

But it isn't sim racing making them go under its these damn speculators and speculated earnings and all this BS. Pure capitalism is unsustainable and will always lead to failure. Realistic expectations based on real data and company strengths instead of trying to make a few people rich from speculation. Bah!

True, but you'll never get this crowd to see that.

Back