Logitech Reveals G923 Wheel for PlayStation and Xbox

I think we should be fair here. Logitech is aiming for a bigger audience. This is an update to the G29. Great wheel for beginners. I mean, it is a massive step from a controller, which most GT and Forza players are using. We already have Thrustmaster for the mid to high range and Fanatec for the super-premium stuff. No point in having Logitech switching into that territory.

A couple of observations- I'm personally never going to spend Fanatec money on a game peripheral, and I'm probably not alone.
I still have a G25. I drove the whee out of it on my PC and PS2 and PS3, and it still works great. I'd still be using it if it was supported. It's a solid piece.
I have a G29 for my PS4, and use it for everything from GTS and PCars to Farming Sim 19 (totally addicted...) Again, a very solid product. I just wish the menu buttons on the bottom spoke were farther apart. If the G29 has a flaw, it lies with PD's controller logic- the wheel is brilliant in PCars. I really hope PD and Logitech can become better friends...
Remember, though, that you'll be able to get a PS5 and a new G923 and probably whatever VR options Sony offers AND GT7 for less than a midrange gaming PC.

Yes, that greater level of control over the motors allows a developer to reduce the FFB deadzone when a game supports Trueforce. And yes, the rubber in the brake is gone, replaced by a progressive spring. You have the full movement of the brake pedal but you still get that build up of force as you press it further.
This is good news to hear. Thanks for the extra detail.

Because making people feel bad because of their financial status really helps. I'm not happy with this reveal either but don't knock what I have because it's all I could afford at the time. It works and is fine.

Sorry you took my comment the wrong way - my point was if you upgraded from G27 to G29 they stole your money. T300RS GT Edition is plenty enough an upgrade and costs the same as the G29 did.

If you have a G27 and havent been able to EVER upgrade (because of finance, or other reasons) my post clearly doesnt talk to you because you havent given them anymore money...

When I first saw this new logitech wheel I was thinking a top of the line direct drive unit which would provide a slightly cheaper alternative to the Fanatec offerings. But this is essentially a modded G29 that still uses gears, which have been frowned upon for years. I'm surprised they thought it would be a good idea. Sim racers are usually tech junkies also. This product is not going to excite them. Oh well hopefully it will bring the price back down on the G29, which has gone up significantly this year.

I have a G29. You used the words you wanted to use. I think I took the comment the way you intended. Maybe more severely but you are putting Logitech users in a negative light all the same.

I had a G27 for 5 years. Like you said on your previous post it does the job and it does it just fine. No need to assume I i'm painting them (Logitech users) in a negative light. G27 to G29 does not warrant the price tag in my opinion, whereas G27 to T300 is a plenty good enough jump for me. Again, assume whatever you want about me, I just think its worth pointing out to people Logitech doesnt care about its sim race base clearly based on their 10+ year old platform.

Where's the shifter though? I don't understand why they always omit such important part. I hope they don't use the same as the G920, and even worst, sold separately.

I don't think there's any software that can overcome the hardware limitations of gear driven FFB but Logitech have to build to a price point and hopefully it's an improvement over the current model.

This seems like a rushed product, only to be compatible with PS5.
So that means the current G29 won't be compatible with next gen PS?
If that's the case, I am disappointed in Logitech.
I guess that's what Sony meant by selected third party accessories.
I am not going to get rid of my G29 right away but I won't replace it with basically the same looking wheels minus some cosmetic changes and a gimmick that does very little to the actual software.
Oh and that French site said that they replaced the already think leather with plastic.
Nope. Pass.

Does anybody know which Fanatec product is compatible with PS5 anyways?

The G29, now G923, fit a specific market. I owned a G29, and Driving Froce Pro on PS3, for almost 8 months. The gear driven dead zone and constant dirty pedals drove me away. I have become more involved and addicted to Sim racing, so I bought better gear. Logitech should recognize this market. Thrustmaster does. Fanatec does. This new offering it a poor decision in my opinion.

I had a G27 for 5 years. Like you said on your previous post it does the job and it does it just fine. No need to assume I i'm painting them (Logitech users) in a negative light. G27 to G29 does not warrant the price tag in my opinion, whereas G27 to T300 is a plenty good enough jump for me. Again, assume whatever you want about me, I just think its worth pointing out to people Logitech doesnt care about its sim race base clearly based on their 10+ year old platform.
I don't understand why you're here if you're happy with your Thrustmaster :lol:.

And it's kind of ironic to take this position as a Thrustmaster owner. Mine fell apart after 6 months, which hasn't happened to either of my logitech wheels. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

This seems like a rushed product, only to be compatible with PS5.
So that means the current G29 won't be compatible with next gen PS?
If that's the case, I am disappointed in Logitech.
I guess that's what Sony meant by selected third party accessories.
I am not going to get rid of my G29 right away but I won't replace it with basically the same looking wheels minus some cosmetic changes and a gimmick that does very little to the actual software.
Oh and that French site said that they replaced the already think leather with plastic.
Nope. Pass.

Does anybody know which Fanatec product is compatible with PS5 anyways?

Definitely not rushed, trust me.

G29 will be compatible with PS5 too - all PS4-licensed wheels will be. And I've no idea why Oliver at Jeuxvideo thinks that we changed the leather to plastic - that is most definitely not the case.

I don't understand why you're here if you're happy with your Thrustmaster :lol:.

And it's kind of ironic to take this position as a Thrustmaster owner. Mine fell apart after 6 months, which hasn't happened to either of my logitech wheels. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Well I was hoping for a better Logitech offering! Haha, man that stinks, I've had my same T300 for i think 4 years now? Never had a problem with it. I just love the variety of being able to add to it (new wheels, new load cell pedals came out recently, etc).

Can't wait! Wheels are expensive, and all I can afford is Logitech's offerings which are functional and complete (clutch and H-shifter). I really hope the shifter face buttons make a comeback from the G27, as these offered so much more custom control options than the G920. I've owned both the G27 and G920 and both have their ups and downs. I hope all those little quirks get polished with these new wheels.

My wallet is ready.
With that price you can buy a t300rs GT edition which is a far superior wheel and it is cheaper

Last edited:
Definitely not rushed, trust me.

G29 will be compatible with PS5 too - all PS4-licensed wheels will be. And I've no idea why Oliver at Jeuxvideo thinks that we changed the leather to plastic - that is most definitely not the case.

g29 was a great wheel. I sold it and will upgrade to fanatec just because of lack of LC pedals upgrade on your end.

Logitech should have increased the size of the rim slightly on new model and sell LC upgrade diy kit. Would have kept more ppl stick with your products.

with g923 you are using the same plastic moulds you have paid for 5 years ago to maximise profits.

Had the G290 for all of a month before it broke from a 'common fault' even though it was years into the production of the wheel when i bought it. Logitech customer service were atrocious & for what it cost it was terrible. It felt so clunky, cheap, unrealistic & the pedals were just as bad. To be honest i thought the pedals were broken on arrival but apparently they weren't.

Bought a Fanatec CSL Elite for a couple hundred more & in terms of quality, feel & realism, it's mountains above. This new one isn't 'next-gen', it's virtually the same or only just catching up to it's main price competitor Thrustmaster. I'd never go back to Logitech now I've experienced a slightly more expensive Thrustmaster or what i use now in the Fanatec.

Remains to be seen what this trueforce is. My bet is logitechs version of Thrustmaster T-GTs T-DFB -rumble effect. If so I dont think much of it. T-DFB (which i turn off even on GT Sport) together with g25/g27/g29 clunky gear-driven FFB.. sounds like sega rally arcade machine to me.

They better go back to 299 -price range if the mechanics are from g29. Hope they atleast have fixed the magnetic rotation sensor, which I think is the main defect weak link in G29/920.. and the cable through the steering wheel axle that loosened the internal connectors over time.

Last edited:
With that price you can buy a t300rs GT edition which is a far superior wheel and it is cheaper

Yeah, but with the shifter the price goes up quite a bit, and for me at least, that is an essential piece. I've been looking into this wheel (not the GT version as I don't really play GT anymore), and I'm considering upgrading to it. It looks far more solid and less of a "toy" compared to the Logitech wheels.

I'm concerned about durability and compatibility though. My G920 is pretty much plug-and-play on PC.

cheech.jpg

I was hoping for a chain-link O.G.923

Yeah, but with the shifter the price goes up quite a bit, and for me at least, that is an essential piece. I've been looking into this wheel (not the GT version as I don't really play GT anymore), and I'm considering upgrading to it. It looks far more solid and less of a "toy" compared to the Logitech wheels.

I'm concerned about durability and compatibility though. My G920 is pretty much plug-and-play on PC.
I have mine for about five years now and i haven't got any problem with it, and also this is pretty much plug and play similar to the g29,it also worked fine with all the games that i've played on pc and console (AC,GTS,Rfactor 2,Race Room, Iracing and automobilista), very very easy to set up and use

I think we should be fair here. Logitech is aiming for a bigger audience. This is an update to the G29. Great wheel for beginners. I mean, it is a massive step from a controller, which most GT and Forza players are using. We already have Thrustmaster for the mid to high range and Fanatec for the super-premium stuff. No point in having Logitech switching into that territory.
Thanks for your insight.
Would you think that this upcoming G923 would still be slightly below a T300, to name one?
My question is of course specific as I recently got one, and this new HD FFB sounds like a big change ( of course that would be Logitechs aim anyway ) and I do wonder if it would make sense to get it when it comes out by selling my t300.
We might reasonably wait for hands on but I’d be interested about your opinion too

The G29 or now G923 is the not comparable system to the T300. Maybe it was in price. The G series has a better rim, but the wheel base is totally different league. Plus, you can upgrade the pedals and rims on TM.

Remember, though, that you'll be able to get a PS5 and a new G923 and probably whatever VR options Sony offers AND GT7 for less than a midrange gaming PC.

What do you consider Midrange? Because, I guarantee you, you can slap together a 1080P/60+ FPS system for less than all that.

This: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZDKDXRX/?tag=gtplanet-20

Add This: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086VR4VHX/?tag=gtplanet-20

Will rock anything at 1080P/60+, and even do moderate 1440p. Total cost = $550.
Add any wheel or accessories in any combo you want.

Ummm, I don't know about that mate.

I started my Sim Racing journey on a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel which was a very inexpensive ($50 USD) wheel that had some FFB on PC and, none on PS3. Then I was fortunate enough to have a new G-27 given to me by a friend that I used for years on the PS3 and on PS4 through Drivehub and I probably would have still used it till this day if it didn't finally croak on me. Now, I use a T300 RS GT Edition with Fanatec V3 Pedals, again, through the same Drivehub and am waiting on my CSL Elite PS4 to arrive to match it up to the V3's.

My point is, if I didn't take advantage of all of the plethora of information available to us on this WONDERFUL site which is GT Planet (:gtpflag:), I don't think I'd be able to have the knowledge needed to make all of the transitions from one product to the other.

Just because you already own another product, it doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't learn about other new products even, if they're perceived to be of a lesser class then what you already own.

I'm in a couple of leagues n clubs as many of you are, and the knowledge gathered may help your fellow league members. Wether, it has to do in making a decision on which to purchase or, in how to use a particular feature or, in setting up or, to repair.

It never hurts to have extra knowledge of a Hobby/Sport that we all love.

Just my 2 cents.

Remains to be seen what this trueforce is. My bet is logitechs version of Thrustmaster T-GTs T-DFB -rumble effect. If so I dont think much of it. T-DFB (which i turn off even on GT Sport) together with g25/g27/g29 clunky gear-driven FFB.. sounds like sega rally arcade machine to me.

They better go back to 299 -price range if the mechanics are from g29. Hope they atleast have fixed the magnetic rotation sensor, which I think is the main defect weak link in G29/920.. and the cable through the steering wheel axle that loosened the internal connectors over time.
I couldn't agree more with you that, the only problem with this new wheel is the price point. If they sell it for $299 or less then they could do real well bringing in new customers and that's being genorous as they'll still have people debating between the G-923 and the T-150.

Logitech aren't stupid and they realize just how much Sim Racing has boomed over the past 4-5 months. I don't think people should upgrade their G-29's to G-923's but I do believe they'll have a huge market for new comers IF the price point is right.

By the way, I know you were talking about the G-29 but, I absolutely loved my G-27. Especially, on PS4, particularly, for any Sim other then GTS as the G-27's FFB came alive on PS4 through pCARS 2, F117, F118, Dirt Rally 2.0, Assetto Corsa etc.

After about 5 years of heavy use, the G-27's wheel went out of alignment. After doing much research on GTP, it sounded like the problem was the Magnetic Sensor Disc. I swear, I had that thing open for 2 days trying to get it fixed. It worked for a few minutes but it then went back to the way it was and I gave up and finally put the G-27 away.

I agree with you that, despite it's one achilles heel being the Magnetic Sensor, it was a great wheel.

Well that's utterly underwhelming.

i for once am very glad it is underwhelming... I am glad they updated it without giving me any reasons to upgrade to it.

I didn't want to spend yet a few hundred more dollars just to play another game... So this is a good news...

I will gladly/ happily keep my G29, but i still hate how close the "share/option/PS" buttons are at the bottom.
With big fingers and in the rush, you can never push the correct button you want...

When Logitec really want to update their wheel to Belt driven, more rotation angle and what not, they should really consider giving more space between the Share/option/PS buttons for easy access...

please carry on...

Does that mean, that I can finally buy an used G29 and still use it for the upcoming ps5? (I was waiting if logitech reveals that the new gen consoles only support the new model.)

Last edited:
Back