Lol

SportWagon
I often wonder if that family name was derived from the name of the wife of Brutus. (I.e. Portia or Porcia)

Um. Isn't the guy's name Ferdinand Porsche? Something like that.

Parnelli Bone
Um. Isn't the guy's name Ferdinand Porsche? Something like that.

Used to be, he's dead now. He also designed one of the turrets for the King Tiger tank but the company continues. I don't know if the Porsche family still run the company or not.

This thread makes me feel old. I started playing Gran Turismo when I was around 12-years old. I sort of feel sorry for the older people who didn't have video games when they were children. I know I couldn't live without mine.

:lol: My dad yells at people who say 'porsh' instead of 'Porscha'.

My friend says 'Portch-ee'.

And when I say 'you idiots its not 'portchee' or 'porsh', its PORSHA!!! They say im wrong.

You are. It's Poor-shuh.

I know how to pronounce it. Its not like i say 'porsh-ay', I just couldnt type it so that you understood. But thanks for teaching me how.

This thread makes me feel old. I started playing Gran Turismo when I was around 12-years old. I sort of feel sorry for the older people who didn't have video games when they were children. I know I couldn't live without mine.

Really? I'm GLAD I didn't have videogames when I was a kid! I was such a clueless boy as it was. I had Attention Deficit Disorder in the days before anybody knew what A.D.D. frickin' was!!! By the time I got an Atari 2600, I was 14...most of the damage hadn't been done yet. :)

Last edited:
I remeber one time when i was 5 or 6 i had finally done the sunday cup enough times to buy a dodge viper GTS (it was the only race i ever did). I was so friggin excited iran into the dodge dealer and accidentaly bought a
RT-10. I was so mad i nearly threw my controller through the living room window! lol:dunce:

But you know, yo ucan always "not save" and do it again:idea:

Yeah, i was an Aurora/AFX kid myself!! I still have 30 of my cars....one day i'll sell 'em on eBay, some have to worth a bit of cash by now. I hope.
I have quite a few also, I even have the aftermarket screw on rims and AFK and Quad replacement Engines, We even use to rewind are engines for extreme power, LOL! Foam colored tires etc... I was Hooked, I'm glad there weren't so many video games when I was growning up, Thows were great times! I sure love the VIDEOS games now though!!!-)

I have quite a few also, I even have the aftermarket screw on rims and AFK and Quad replacement Engines, We even use to rewind are engines for extreme power, LOL! Foam colored tires etc... I was Hooked, I'm glad there weren't so many video games when I was growning up, Thows were great times! I sure love the VIDEOS games now though!!!-)

Remember G-plus with the horizontal armature? Yeah, we had those funny tires, too! Green and red and Yellow! I had a jeep and one day I sat there and carved little grooves into the tires with a razor blade. we also used to set up jumps--most of the time the car would land into the groove, but sometimes it wouldn't! That meant a crash usually.

Last edited:
Yes, I do remember G Plus and the Tyco series! I even at this moment have some vintage AFX and Tyco Lexan unpainted bodies, They might make great Ebay items? May be one day but not yet!:--------)

Yeah i had a bunch of those lexan bodies, too! I have no idea where they went, tho. :( Here's what i have, actually...(or at least the highlites)

An orange ChevyVan with yellow slicks on the rear and ultra-slim hard tires up front

• what looks like a Model A or something. has wood paneling in the back.

• A black Chapparal with giant silver wing on the back!

• what looks like a 30's jalopy. I apparently sawed off all the fenders so it's open-wheeled and put a train-set man's head on top of a piece of cardboard so it has a "driver".

• Ford Bronco rally truck (Aurora, not AFX...that's gotta be worth $$

• An Aurora "Dodge Fever" drag car. So 70's

• A Vega funny car (Aurora)

• NASCAR Dodge Daytona

• Alain Prost's Renault F1 (red G-plus armature)

• BMW M1

The list goes on...if i had a permanent place to live and more money, maybe i'd buy a track, but it's better that i sell them someday to a collector. :)

Among other things, I had a Tyco Richard Petty Plymouth.

It looked good fitted with oversized silicone slicks.

I had a nice Tyco Can-Am McLaren. It was originally black, I think, but I painted it orange! (Bye! Bye! collector value).

Actually, I think I still have most of them.

My brother actually had about 40 cars, too, but all his got stolen (get this) when we were at a band practice at some guy's house. This wasn't when we were kids, it was when we were 22! I remember he had the Aurora Good Humor truck and some other gems.

Terrible, Sorry to hear that, Anyone here ever had the Terrel 6 wheeler in a slot car? I just love the attempt of building that car and would love to Hybrid it in a GT game! ;-)

Attachments

• tyrp341.jpg
    tyrp341.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 10
Terrible, Sorry to hear that, Anyone here ever had the Terrel 6 wheeler in a slot car? I just love the attempt of building that car and would love to Hybrid it in a GT game! ;-)

Pretty sure my brother had the Terrell. He also had the John Player Special lotus F1 in black & gold. And yeah, that Terrel is a heavy peice of F1 history, even if it wasn't very successful. GT oughta include it at some point.

That's Tyrrell. The model is P34. (To help with web searches; I haven't found a good linkable picture of the HO car yet, although I've found references to it).

Your right, Two rr's! I do have a vintage Radio constol and 1:24 Scale model of the P34, But no HO Scale, That would complete my P34 needs!

i was one when the play station came out in Australia and that stuff comes out a lot longer in other parts of the world than Australia

GT didn't come out in Australia til mid 1998 in Australia and...

gotta go i'll finish this post later

edit: ok i was 2 or 3 when i first got a play station and now i'm 12 so about 10 years

i did the same exact thing. but i bought the other viper and got it race modified. tons of hours just doing one race. i dont know when it came out but if it came out in 98 then i would have been either 6 or 7

I do remember that when I first got the Viper GTS, I did a free run/time trial on Autumn Ring Mini.

Due to the fact I was eight years old when I got the game, I certainly couldn't control it, I spun round and round on every single corner. But boy was it fun.

I love Gran Turismo, I still remember the advert on TV as well. I don't think the subsequent games have the same spirit as the original.

and if only I could find my ****ing Playstation memory card, then I'd play on it more often. Damn!

Due to the fact I was eight years old when I got the game, I certainly couldn't control it, I spun round and round on every single corner. But boy was it fun.

i remember a couple of years ago when i was probably 8, 9, or 10 maybe, I was trying to drive a viper race car around that ****ing corner after the tunnel in grand valley reverse

I don't think the subsequent games have the same spirit as the original.

I have been thinking that ever since i got my second GT game early 2005 (GT3)

and if only I could find my ****ing Playstation memory card, then I'd play on it more often. Damn!

You're lucky at least you've still got the game unlike me stupid ps2;)

Back