London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics - General discussion

• Thread starter Ross
  • 1,936 comments
I might watch a bit later, I dunno yet though.

im watching it now..they are doing the athletes into the stadium bit...up to Korea now, its quite good, they have ad breaks!, but im also watching Real Madrid-Barca on sky sports 2!

God i feel sorry for those people dancer behind the athletes! they must be knackered..and theres a long way to go yet!!!

Furinkazen
A certain Alex Zanardi, ex CART, and WTCC driver is apparently in for Italy.

Yes. I've been wanting to watch him race. Anyone know what his schedule of events is like?

Channel 4. Commentary fail:

Alex Zanardi Formula former 1 driver has got the gold in the hand cycling around Brands Hatch..

:dopey:

There was quite a large fail on the BBC News this morning when the so called sports reporter thought that 'CART' meant that Zanardi had his near fatal accident whilst karting.

jthnr.jpg

Channel 4. Commentary fail:

Alex Zanardi Formula former 1 driver has got the gold in the hand cycling around Brands Hatch..

:dopey:

I had to double-take to see what was wrong with that sentence...

But yes, he has: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/disability-sport/19493510

Sorry Team GB, don't give a toss who you did - full congrats to Zanardi in this one. Missed his first gold but intend to watch the others if they're on TV.

Not ashamed to admit it, when I watch Zanardi's WTCC win at Oscherlaben I'm struggling to hold back man tears..

I know he's not necessarily had to overcome a great deal more than many of the paralympic athletes... but I am really really pleased for him :D

Really enjoyed the last 12 days! its been brilliant!!!👍

Cant believe that after tonight thats it for the Olympic park! :(

Still looking forward to the closing ceremoney..Coldplay, Jay-z and Rihanna..sounds more like Glastonbury!!!

Steampunk closing ceremony! AWESOME :D I'm a huge fan of Coldplay too so this is right up my street.

Back