London Bridge/Borough Market Terror Incidents

It'll take a fairly long time to round up all the sympathisers if we have to rely on investigative journalists to do all the work.
True, but I think his point was one of the guys in a previous attack, was shown on a reality TV show and no one did anything about it. I don't know what officials did, but he slipped through some how.

I don't often post here - for good reason, but I see that a friend initially just posted a link in-thread and stated an opinion earlier, nothing wrong there from what I can tell, people are entitled to their own and blah-blah-blah, does it ultimately matter whether they or their source's opinion is correct/right?, it's just an opinion at that point no?

But seeing a mod basically bait and openly mock him (with a reaction.gif no less, childish :rolleyes:) into digging his own grave at said mod's (what I'd call) own satisfaction, seems well below the reputation or stature one should be able to expect from a mod here, in my opinion.

@Jordan, just so you know. ;)

Last edited:
But seeing a mod basically bait and openly mock him
I don't think the mod in question was baiting him. It looked to me like he was calling out your friend on a...foolish* opinion and then asked for factual proof of it.

*All I'm gonna say on the topic.

I think his point was one of the guys in a previous attack, was shown on a reality TV show and no one did anything about it.
It was a documentary about radicalisation, and his appearance in it doesn't prove a thing because ...

a) What radical is going to appear in a documentary and announce "I'm a radical"? They'd be arrested straight away. Don't assume that they're stupid because they're violent.

b) He could easily have been radicalised after the documentary was made, and so his appearance in the documentary was just coincidence.

I don't often post here - for good reason, but I see that a friend initially just posted a link in-thread and stated an opinion earlier, nothing wrong there from what I can tell, people are entitled to their own and blah-blah-blah, does it ultimately matter whether they or their source's opinion is correct/right?, it's just an opinion at that point no?

But seeing a mod basically bait and openly mock him (with a reaction.gif no less, childish :rolleyes:) into digging his own grave at said mod's (what I'd call) own satisfaction, seems well below the reputation or stature one should be able to expect from a mod here, in my opinion.

Just another example of a mod using the AUP to make sure their opinion is the last word on the subject. Its getting pretty sad Im afraid. :yuck:

This isn't the place to discuss moderation actions, so you get one reply only.

Opinions are opinions. They don't have to be backed up, although it's generally better for those who wish to be taken seriously to do so.

Statements of fact are not opinions. They do have to be backed up, and if they cannot they are not fact. Posting statements of fact that are not fact, and doing so knowingly, is what's commonly known as lying.

When a user who has had 30 warning points, and two other warnings, for his conduct on this site - largely focussing on his behaviour toward others and loose treatment of facts, but never his sentiments towards Islam (despite a few Reports, all rejected) - posts a statement of fact (without being baited into it) that he cannot and, despite ample opportunity, will not back up, he runs the risk of acquiring sufficent points to rule him out of participating in the site again.

I'm not in the habit of being friends with liars, but if I were, I'd discourage them from continuing their behaviour somewhere it wasn't welcome before those tasked with ensuring that people behave as they should notice.

Although with 30pt to his name already, that ship sailed a while since.

If you wish to continue complaining about this, or any other moderation decision, there are clear instructions in the FAQ. This is not the place to do so.

The death toll has risen by one after the body of missing French national Xavier Thomas was found in the river - BBC.
Aw man, I heard about him and hoped against hope that the witnesses who saw him being knocked in were mistaken. :(

As @Famine posted above, it is all too easy to play armchair quarterback assuming you have all of the information. The same is true of governments and politics as well. The opinions forum is a popular place for people to second-guess the choices of politicians around the world without having access to the information that those politicians had. I hope you, and others here, take a lesson from this kind of jumping to conclusions, that you almost never have all of the information - so you should be absolutely sure that your footing is solid before you take your next step.

The trend in this particular thread is to assume a lot about what the police and military know and are doing with regard to Islamic terrorism. We should all go into that discussion fully acknowledging that there will be events that you cannot know about.

It looked to me like he was calling out your friend...

If there was a verbal, or in this case textual acknowledge by him asking to further their discussion, sure.

Just posting an image with nothing else though comes across as baiting in my opinion.

@Famine, the point count is news to me, I just think his post could've been addressed more professionally, even if you didn't like or agree with him. It might've made him less hostile and more cooperative ultimately, even if digging a hole deeper.

Back