Long Line But Well Worth The Time

• Thread starter miyako
  • 54 comments
I bought mine today (26th) at about 2:30 pm at Wal-Mart. I had no pre-order, and it was the first one sold out of a shipment. They were just about to put it on the shelves when I got there. They were either putting it out a little late, or putting out a second box/shipment.

I'm hoping people don't have the same plans as me to camp out front of EB for at least a half-hour. I'm guessing most of the kiddies will be at school (where I should be), it's just a question of if the older players will fight their laziness.

R32GTST/M
It must be a location thing, im guessing the people who live in more built up areas are having the problems, i know ill breeze in and out where i live even though i have pre-ordered from a busy place.

hehe hell yea Nz rep.

KieranMurphy
Strategy Guide?

Pfft. Surely you'd only resort to a strategy guide when you're stuck on a mission or can't find any more hidden packages or jumps and by that time there'll probably be a guide up at gamefaqs.com or somewhere here will be able to help you.

I only resort to faqs and guides when I'm truly stuck and even then I'd never pay money for a book when the internet has sites full of guides and forums like this where you can ask questions.

KM.
I'm getting one a week or so after I get the game. I don't need them for missions etc. but I do find them an interesting read and I like looking at the pretty pictures when I'm not able to be playing San Andreas.

Blake
I'm getting one a week or so after I get the game. I don't need them for missions etc. but I do find them an interesting read and I like looking at the pretty pictures when I'm not able to be playing San Andreas.

I just don't see the point. Is there anything in the guide you can't find for free on the Internet, including screenshots? I've never bought a game guide. If it's the kind of game I need help with I just find a good forum and sign up. If I want pretty pictures, the web is full of them. I'm not handing over cash to look at pretty pictures of a game. I'm handing over cash to play the game.

KM.

It's just something I like to do, I can't justify it any further than that. Although I can slightly as the information seems to be of slightly higher quality and detail in game guides.

Well, first of all, my lovely friend at EB decided to throw in the Strategy Guide for free with the game. So I will be getting one. However, I will play a fair bit of the game before opening it.

Secondly, I won't be looking at the Missions until I complete the Main-Story Missions.

I don't like the Strategy Guide for the Mission Help anyway, I like it to read a well-organised bunch of Information on the cars, people, etc, of San Andreas. It's like an assembly of all the features that adds more pieces to the story. It's just something good to read, when you can't be bothered going on the Internet for the 100th time today. If you get what I mean. It's also much better organised.

I'm sure this is what Blake would have liked to said, but couldn't be bothered wording it like this.

It's not for help with the game, it's just reading material. And if you don't like it, then that's your choice Mr. Murphy. :sly:

Ah im just about to go and get SA right now!. Im sooo stocked buy the time i get back, i hope Jimmy and Blake are online so i can gloat!. lol

Holy crap. I got my copy yesterday afternoon and decided to play that all day/night and skip the internet. I'm amazed by this game. It had blown away all expectations I had, and I'm absolutely stoked. There was a fairly large line when I got in there, but somehow I found a way to sneak in fairly quickly, get San Andreas, my PStwo and go.

By the way, the PStwo is so friggin' small it's crazy.

Im sooo tempted to buy it jusy cause its cool and small, also the inbuilt network adapter is sweet!, they got a deal at mu gamestore 3games and $99 gets you one, oh and your old Ps2, bit of a rip i think.

hmmm i dont think so cos you usually see old ps2's selling for 200 dollers on trademe and the tiny ps2's are about 300 i think so its a fair deal.

It's goddamn small, let me tell you. I have a Remote Control (used to use it for DVD's ages ago, not anymore) and the sensor you have to plug in, won't fit. It's that goddamn small.

It's just a little bigger than a DVD case. :lol:

I know!, thats why i was sooo tempted to buy it, im a sucker for new interesting things.
Mybe ill get it in a week or two, im wat to caught up in SA for anything else at the mo.

Yeah. I just got it because I needed a new PS2, and that was appealing. I traded in 3 games (which I don't use anymore), my old PS2 and $40. It costs another $40 on-top of all of that if you don't pre-order it.

I'm guessing Yeti got his GTA:SA today aswell. My dad hid it in teh telegrpah motoring supplement and kept saying 'oh, there's an interesting article in it'. Eventually I wondered what he was on about and there it was!

I just realised I sound like a little kid. I'll shut up now.

Blake
What games didn you trade in?
Im still wondering what games to trade in, im worried that ill trade one in and in a few monthes be like "damn i wanna play that now".
I think ill trade in M.O.H frontline, GT4 prologue, and Tekken tag.
Im keen as to get it soo much, i wonder if it'll run some games smoother?.

Frontline was a good game, just too easy though. Tekkan Tag is only good when you'r REALLY bored, like I am now...ideas!

Ahh, the time spent playing Tekken Tag Tournament while waiting for San Andreas to come out...:lol:

Also, I traded in Mafia, True Crimes: Streets of LA and WWE SmackDown: Here Comes the Pain. I was up to the last mission in Mafia, and never bothered to finish it. True Crimes, well, I hate True Crimes. And it took me 2 days to finish every storyline. And I don't like Wrestling anymore.

But either way, I won't be playing any other game than San Andreas for a long time, trust me.

I loved Frontline! I thought it was at a good level of difficulty. It took me a while to get gold on every level. Before San Andreas, I was playing a lot of PC games: Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, Medieval Total War, Max Payne 2, Call of Duty, Unreal Tournament 2004, and of course The Sims. All of them are awesome games! :D

Did you notice that all of the temporary threads like this one just turn into Off Topic threads? :lol:

Yeah, but almost none of the people who are regulars here go to the conversation forum, so we just end up chatting in other threads. But they aren't exactly off topic because they relate to a post that was on-topic :lol:. Okay, I'm done now.

Yay, now I have my copy of San Andreas.

But then my PS2 is not with me and is currently awaiting repairs, which might take 2 weeks. Apparently everybody's PS2s decided to crash the same time mine did. :dunce:

Back