LongbowX's Gallery - Update 10.2 - NEW 2/8

• Thread starter LongbowX
  • 146 comments
Awesome shot LB. I love the dark mood and the composition. Great looking sig too.

Do you mean the watermark?
That is automatically added on Redbubble. I'm guessing that's where he linked it from.

I'm being really slack with redbubble these days. Whenever I log on, it always shows activity from you (Longbow). Some of the stuff you are putting up is amazing, and really makes me want to do more. This is no exception - its an amazing shot.
May I ask what comp you won this in? Was it with a group, and if so, which one?

Awesome shot LB. I love the dark mood and the composition. Great looking sig too.

Do you mean the watermark?
That is automatically added on Redbubble. I'm guessing that's where he linked it from.

80Y is right, it is just the Red Bubble watermark as I don't have the original file on this computer, but I wanted to post it. Though it is a nice watermark. :sly:

And thank you for the kind words. ^^

I'm being really slack with redbubble these days. Whenever I log on, it always shows activity from you (Longbow). Some of the stuff you are putting up is amazing, and really makes me want to do more. This is no exception - its an amazing shot.
May I ask what comp you won this in? Was it with a group, and if so, which one?

Haha, well I uploaded all my images at once - and then am letting them trickle out over time! I still have some left, though most you've seen, I think. It's a bunch of work keeping active and such, but I think it'll be worth it.

Thanks for the compliments, as well.

The win was in a Group competition, the group "5-6-7 Autos, Trucks and Motorcycles", and the contest was "Front View of vehicle in the 1950s, 1960s or 1970s". :dopey:

Bugger!

I should have entered. I got asked by that group to join and contribute my 300SL shot! Ahhhhhhrrrrggg. :lol:

These, are a few Model Competition shots that are ineligible because of their photoshopping. Also, I feel bad for not writing in NISM0's Birthday thread, so these are dedicated to my Model Competition rival.

img4106b25ab2.jpg

img4107a.jpg

Last edited:
Great, once again.

Do you use a piece of card/paper as a mini studio setting (to get rid of the seem between the floor and wall)?

The shading really lifts the realism I think. 👍

Great, once again.

Do you use a piece of card/paper as a mini studio setting (to get rid of the seem between the floor and wall)?

The shading really lifts the realism I think. 👍

Thanks. ^^ Though I think you're lying. :sly:

I use one long sheet of paper. I have a giant roll of white, slightly glossy paper that I cut and then attach to my cabinet with tape. ^^ It creates a setting where there is no seam.

It actually already had most of that shading, I just helped it along a bit.

Both are great shots Longbow. I wish I had more time and patience to devote to model-car photography.

Thanks so much. ^^

I find it quite fun to spend some time shooting them. It usually takes less than 45 minutes to get a full set in which I then pick and choose the best of my experimenting. I'd like to see what you would create, though - so I hope you will give it a go.

DUUDDEE!!! This is epic! :bowdown:

Seriously not much else I can say as my jaw hit the floor. Really a stunning shot. I was going to launch into a nice big spiel about how cool the Porka shot is but then this post popped up and blew me away.

DUUDDEE!!! This is epic! :bowdown:

Seriously not much else I can say as my jaw hit the floor. Really a stunning shot. I was going to launch into a nice big spiel about how cool the Porka shot is but then this post popped up and blew me away.

Hah. Thank you!

Imagine if I had a real Gallardo to work with. :P

I you have liked hearing your spiel too, you know. ^^ But thank you, I appreciate the kind words. Though really, It's just me playing WITH MY MODELS in my room...:dopey:

Last edited:
wait, waitwaitwait... is that not real?

oh **** I was just gonna congratulate you on finding a Gallardo owner that let you take some pics of his car, AMAZING stuff for a model!!! Heck, I really, really fell to it. incredible dude.

Ewwww..... :lol:

Thanks. Now I have to change that entry.

wait, waitwaitwait... is that not real?

oh **** I was just gonna congratulate you on finding a Gallardo owner that let you take some pics of his car, AMAZING stuff for a model!!! Heck, I really, really fell to it. incredible dude.

It would be great if I could find someone, but I doubt that will ever happen. :P Heh. And thank you! I try to fool people. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. Soon I will shoot a different model, I think. So you can look forward to that in the coming weeks.

These, are a few Model Competition shots that are ineligible because of their photoshopping. Also, I feel bad for not writing in NISMO's Birthday thread, so these are dedicated to my Model Competition rival.

Well, I didn't even see that. I saw my name in the title, but didn't read enough, thanks :D:tup:. The only down side is I feel I have to step up my model pictures even more now :lol:

Oh my I have missed out... that Gallardo is very nice. However I absolutely love the Porsche from your Red Bubble account, the lighting is perfect, really well done man 👍

Well, I didn't even see that. I saw my name in the title, but didn't read enough, thanks :D:tup:. The only down side is I feel I have to step up my model pictures even more now :lol:

I guess I should have titled it "NISM0_SKYLINE LOOK HERE!!!1!!11!". :sly:
Heh, you're welcome. I hope you had a great Birthday. ^^

You don't have to step it up, I have enough trouble keeping up as it is. :ouch:

Oh my I have missed out... that Gallardo is very nice. However I absolutely love the Porsche from your Red Bubble account, the lighting is perfect, really well done man 👍

Thank you. ^^ I lucked out with the lighting of that 356....though I modified it quite a bit afterwords.

Who said I was wearing any? :sly:

Anyway, keep the shots coming, I love 'em. :)

Oh...

But...thank you.

:lol:

Can't wait for the next update from you, LongbowX. 👍

I hope my next update will be worthy of your time. Thanks. ^^

Last edited:
I thought I would write a little something, as I haven't been doing much here in the past few months. Not that I've stopped taking photographs - it's just I have no time to work on them. But now I do.
In terms of actual news, I may have something reasonably big (for me anyway) coming up...sort of. I don't know quite what I'm going to do with the photos yet. I'll be working on them though.

As per usual I will be attending my first major race in May, so you can count on some new racing shots around then...and me saving a lot for the competitions. Heh.
Before that though, I will have some new car stuff, trying new things (as well as posting various other things I dig up). And...I think I'm going to surprise everyone with something else. So, stay tuned.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

And here's a few shots.... I heavily reworked the Lotus shot, getting rid of a lot of the more distracting stuff that was in the original picture. And the other is from a "fun shoot" I did with one of my friends.

a780068271e54ab44d58a46.jpg

img6889e.jpg

I like what you did with the Lotus. The car really pops off the shot 👍

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store Chris.

I like what you did with the Lotus. The car really pops off the shot 👍

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store Chris.

Mm, well I was very fortunate with the lighting there.

You'll have to wait a little while I think though...however...

The Lotus shot is awesome! 👍 Staircase is also done very well. :)

Thanks mate.

----------------

What I'm working on....​

img7769copy2.jpg

Back