Look at this

  • Thread starter Thread starter cobragt
  • 25 comments
  • 2,077 views
Messages
3,420
gry408246.jpg

Ihope that's ingame instead of CG. To tell you the truth, it doesn't look CG but I don't know.
 
cobra
dont get yourself into that situation again.
Just download the IGN ending movies and youll see its CG video.
Sorry to dash your hopes For Real.
 
Ok, I saw it the scene. I can't wait to see the ingame crew. Lets hope they are as detailed as the drivers in the topless cars ;) and not flat like the crowds.
 
im getting a little skeptical about this whole 3d pit crew I mean you could race with convertibles and with the top down but IGN.COM said only two cars with top down could race at one time no more than two so how are they gonna have lets say 5-6 pit crew members or more because of the other team.. just gets you thinking.. the intro and ending videos dont prove anything really (GT:P wise) because in GT3 the intro cars looked exactly the same as ingame, so i belive the car models and tracks in the intro and ending vids are ingame, obviously the crowd is 3d in the intro and 2d ingame so the pitcrew is still up in the air, i belive they'll be 2d, BUT.... if you enter into the pit they could make a little cutscene for the pit stop and not technically ingame shots.. Ive ever heard anyone with this idea yet so there you go I guess i'll be the first.. like i said maybe the pit stop will be a cut scene and not like what were used to in the other GT games.. just a thought and maybe some of you should think about it...
 
They would not use cut scenes, they would have to render a different scene for each car, track and condition, remeber GT4 will have more wet tracks. Even if they used the game engine to render the scenebut added 3d people it's all adding to PD's problems, more to go wrong, more programming and the actual race would be interupted albeit fo a short time (100's of a second) but it could very easily cause new bugs and alot of them and there would be no way of PD checking them all. Besides it will only make people notice that they are 2d as you approach, if I'm racing in ToCa nd I pit in I see a 2d crew, that 2d crew work on the car and I leave, I don't care that tey are 2d. If I pit in and they change from 2d to 3d it would seem odd.

Finaly whats to stop PD using 3d models for the pit crew but with limited detail and a low pgc. As for only two cars racing with the top down, thats the first I've heard, I'll check that out at my mates next week.
 
A 3D pit crew would cost less system resourses than 2D(frames of animation). Possible there will be a sighte pause when entering the pits to qucik load in the crew
 
you both are right, i dunno the cutscene was just a thought but live4speed your right they would have to make a cut scene for each car so yea i doubt that, i mean i wouldnt care if they were 2d aslong as we have them thats all that matters.. and about the convertible i remember reading i belive on ign if i could find the article i'll post it...
 
LOL........the last thread of all GT4 crazy........its our buddy "king" cobragt......:sly:
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Interesting pic! But I am concerned about the quailty of the graphics though :O
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Interesting pic! But I am concerned about the quailty of the graphics though :O

Quality is a little off.....but remember that image is not what you really see on the screen.....it would be way more detailed and sharp if it was right in front of you.
 
I guess the original plan was to have a ton of people around the pits... too bad ps2 can't handle...
 
GTXLR
cobra
dont get yourself into that situation again.
Just download the IGN ending movies and youll see its CG video.
Sorry to dash your hopes For Real.

Where we can get this vid?!
 
Oh God Cobra are you drunk? We all know it's CG. It's mindblowingly obvious without a doubt neko neko super uppercut.
 
bmw5150
I guess the original plan was to have a ton of people around the pits... too bad ps2 can't handle...

This thread is a year old.

That was a CG clip, its on Prologue.
The plan was that the vid, was to demonstrate new features appearing in GT4.
A CG example of a real life pit scene, not a CG clip of actual in game performance, much like the clip/ pic that cobra liked to show featuring the Rally Focus and the fully 3D crowd running across the track.
 
GTXLR
This thread is a year old.

That was a CG clip, its on Prologue.
The plan was that the vid, was to demonstrate new features appearing in GT4.
A CG example of a real life pit scene, not a CG clip of actual in game performance, much like the clip/ pic that cobra liked to show featuring the Rally Focus and the fully 3D crowd running across the track.

It can't be CG look how the spectators foot is sinking into the mud!11`¬
 
T5-R
It can't be CG look how the spectators foot is sinking into the mud!11`¬


:sly: I bet Cobra loves these old revived threads.
 
All yall can go to hell. J/k =P
I was silly back then, I know :sly: but after seeing the latest visuals of the game, I dont need to think photomode pics are ingame or cg movies are ingame.
 
NavyAD
Quit Bringing Up Year Old Threads!!!


I thought that's what the search icon is for?

You bring up old threads you get flamed, u start a new thread which has already been discussed you get flamed? No win situation.
 
Back