Looking at new cars

• Thread starter Tom
  • 99 comments
Tom
Bingo. It's used, done 1200 miles but comes in Performance Blue and has the winter pack too.
Congrats on getting a Rice Krispies car - snap, crackle and pop. :D

A lot of plus points over the GT86 such as better infotainment and more power!

I think you said this is your first ‘fast’ car?

If you’re like me I’ll give you a month until you want to make it quicker :P

It is. Very excited to see how it goes first of all, but you’re probably right!

Congrats on getting a Rice Krispies car - snap, crackle and pop. :D

A lot of plus points over the GT86 such as better infotainment and more power!

Thank you. The GT86 was arguably a better drive, but would be far too impractical for day-to-day living and I know that the day would come when I’d inevitably need to have more than one passenger. Overall though, I’m very happy.

Updates to come!

Picked up the new motor this afternoon. I’ve done just under 100 miles so far and I’m absolutely loving it. The thing that’s impressed me most of all is the grip it has in the corners; even in the drizzle the Pirelli’s were sticking like pigeon poo to a car bonnet.

7F254F31-FBBF-4284-9378-CAA38D912742.jpeg

Is that the N or the N Performance?

Noice.

So you’re using a lot of fuel in the exhaust then? :lol:

They are brilliant, and it takes a lot of willpower not to have the exhaust in noisy mode everywhere (though I also appreciate that it can be quiet when you have to start it up on a morning!). It really is quite thirsty, but I guess that mainly depends on the kind of driving you do.

Have a good play with the custom settings. It's one of the best things about the car, being able to switch from a "daily" mode like Eco or Normal into a perfectly-tailored more focused mode in Custom. As I mentioned earlier the regular "N" mode is a bit too silly for the road - the ride is pretty bad and the steering too heavy - but you can find a real sweet spot in Custom.

Make sure you drive it somewhere fun at some point too. UK roads totally don't do justice to the way it performs, but I took mine to Rally Germany earlier in the year and it was mega on the mix of twisty stuff and autobahns. My parking space wasn't bad either :lol:

rallygermanylow.jpg

They are brilliant, and it takes a lot of willpower not to have the exhaust in noisy mode everywhere (though I also appreciate that it can be quiet when you have to start it up on a morning!). It really is quite thirsty, but I guess that mainly depends on the kind of driving you do.

Have a good play with the custom settings. It's one of the best things about the car, being able to switch from a "daily" mode like Eco or Normal into a perfectly-tailored more focused mode in Custom. As I mentioned earlier the regular "N" mode is a bit too silly for the road - the ride is pretty bad and the steering too heavy - but you can find a real sweet spot in Custom.

Make sure you drive it somewhere fun at some point too. UK roads totally don't do justice to the way it performs, but I took mine to Rally Germany earlier in the year and it was mega on the mix of twisty stuff and autobahns. My parking space wasn't bad either :lol:

Great advice, thank you. I'm having a fiddle around with the Custom mode and hoping to find something that works for me - will report back when I find something.

Took the other half out in it this morning and scared the living daylights out of her. She insisted on driving it, but it's quite a step up from her KA so I'll wait a while yet!

How did you convince her to have a go? My wife will be insured on my car as of March but she says she’d be to scared to drive my ca, as she still remember how scary she found my E30 and my 130i.

Back