Looking for a drag team

• Thread starter Matt Lear
  • 36 comments
United States
United States
G City92
im currently looking for a team to join. I have been tuning my gtr,red devil, gnx,nova and puzzi camero for 1/4 mile drag racing my gtr has won 95 % the races against it and my puzzi camero is a dominate muscle car contender. I have a lot of knowledge on drag racing tunes since I drag race in the nhra bracket series here in stl and around the Midwest please add me on psn if u think I meet your teams requirments thanks again
matt
psn- G City92

Drag racing irl has nothing to do with GT physics.

There's plenty of fast and friendly guys on this sub-forum. Just look for them in a lobby and run them.

Good luck 👍

your more then welcome to join OHRA ,
its not a team but a American Muscle Lobby host.
looks like you will fit right in with the type of cars your tuning.

good luck ,Hope to see ya on the strip.

Just for the record if you research it or read the description in the game for the Pozzi Motorsport Camaro RS it will tell you that it is a RACE CAR, along with that the Red Devil is not a muscle car either it is a heavily modified 1969 Camaro. Just thought I'd point that out to everyone :)

1,000th post :D

Just for the record if you research it or read the description in the game for the Pozzi Motorsport Camaro RS it will tell you that it is a RACE CAR, along with that the Red Devil is not a muscle car either it is a heavily modified 1969 Camaro. Just thought I'd point that out to everyone :)

ok thanks

its a muscle car bro :grumpy: a race car is like the Challenger "RM" Race Mod or Challenger TC if you look up the Red Devil in real life, (which is owned my Mark Stielow) its a fully driven street car, and so is the Pozzi camaro :D

its a muscle car bro :grumpy: a race car is like the Challenger "RM" Race Mod or Challenger TC if you look up the Red Devil in real life, (which is owned my Mark Stielow) its a fully driven street car, and so is the Pozzi camaro :D

If you read the in game description of the Pozzi Camaro it will say "Race Car" in there. The Red Devil is a heavily modified 1969 Camaro and has six gears, saying these two cars are muscle cars is like saying the Hennessey Venom GT is a sports car. It's all based off of biased opinions, most of these tuner company "muscle cars" are constructed of modern day body parts such as carbon fiber, the Art Morrison Corvette for example, making it much lighter than the actual version of it from a factory specs point of view, or they are fitted with modern day motors, such as the Jay Leno Oldsmobile Toronado which has a 5.7L LS6 V8 in it from the Corvette C5 and in the game it's FR, in real life the original Oldsmobile Toronado is FF and the engine is a 425 cubic inch 7.0L Rocket V8. With this information I conclude that the Jay Leno Toronado is far from a muscle car, it's basically a Corvette C5 with a Toronado body and more weight with a drivetrain swap. But if you read the in game descriptions of these cars they will tell you all the information you want to know, I know for a fact that the description of the Pozzi Camaro had the words "Race Car" in it, I will go back and read the Red Devil description again though because I forget what it says about the car. I will provide a list of cars in GT6 that people think are muscle cars but actually aren't.

Art Morrison Corvette '60
Grand Touring Garage 1970 Ford Mustang Trans Cammer
Jay Leno 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado
Buick Special
Stielow Engineering Red Devil
Pozzi Motorsports Camaro RS

If I'm missing any I will post them later on but these are the one's off of the top of my head. The Art Morrison is constructed of modern day body parts and lighter materials were used for the interior it even has the same gauge on the steering wheel depicting redline just like in the Enzo there is no way that is original. I can't find much of anything on the engine specs of the car but I will keep looking. Above I told you about the Toronado so I will not repeat that. The only thing original on the Mustang Trans Cammer is POSSIBLY the motor, I'm still looking into that, but I've read in Hot Rod magazine that the body and chassis are all modern thus making the factory weight much lower than an actual 1970 Mustang not to mention it's been fitted with a full roll cage and a NASCAR racing net in the window, everything about the Trans Cammer screams RACE CAR. The Red Devil is fitted with a combination of an LS7 and LS9 V8's along with aftermarket power parts. It consists of a 7.0L Corvette Z06 block topped with ZR1 cylinder heads, valvetrain, and supercharger. It's also force-fed 12psi of boost by an Eaton TVS supercharger spinning 30% faster than stock (this wouldn't matter if the supercharger and engine were original and not from the modern day Corvette's). I've done my research on these cars and from what I see they are all running modern day motors, I'm not going to bother typing a paragraph about the Pozzi Camaro or the Buick Special because by now you should see my point. Basically the Red Devil is just a Corvette Z06 (C6) in a modified Camaro body the same goes for the Toronado except it's basically a Corvette C5 in a Toronado body. I hope this will be enough information for you to see the truth, it was meant to be educational not to argue :)

69 Camaro is a muscle car period,
heavily modified or not , still a 69 Camaro.

http://hot-cars.org/2014/04/23/2012-camaro-zl1-vs-1969-camaro-red-devil-american-muscle-cars/

now this is heavily modified 69 camaro,still a muscle car.
http://hot-cars.org/2014/04/19/monster-69-camaro-ss-twin-turbo-superchargednos-american-muscle-car/
The point he's trying to make is that the cars he mentioned have modern motors and/or suspension so they're no longer a classic vehicle, but instead more or less a shell of an old car sitting on a brand new chassis. Car enthusiasts and collectors would also agree that they're modern hotrods and no longer classified as original classic muscle/sports cars.

The point he's trying to make is that the cars he mentioned have modern motors and/or suspension so they're no longer a classic vehicle, but instead more or less a shell of an old car sitting on a brand new chassis. Car enthusiasts and collectors would also agree that they're modern hotrods and no longer classified as original classic muscle/sports cars.

just to be clear , nothing to do with classic.
im referring to the 69 camaro red devil as an American Muscle car.
the rest of the list yes and no. Arts vette and Jays olds not muscle cars.
Then again like shells said it all comes down to an opinion,its all a part of bench racing.:cheers:

I

just to be clear , nothing to do with classic.
im referring to the 69 camaro red devil as an American Muscle car.
the rest of the list yes and no. Arts vette and Jays olds not muscle cars.
Then again like shells said it all comes down to an opinion,its all a part of bench racing.:cheers:

I
The problem is that they use those cars in classic muscle rooms, when they're not. My opinion is that muscle died after '72, and that domestics from the '90s or newer would be considered a "high-performance"/sports car, super car, or a mixture of the two. Some people even consider the '78 Firebird as classic muscle, which isn't even close.

The problem is that they use those cars in classic muscle rooms, when they're not. My opinion is that muscle died after '72, and that domestics from the '90s or newer would be considered a "high-performance"/sports car, super car, or a mixture of the two. Some people even consider the '78 Firebird as classic muscle, which isn't even close.

Not to mention even the in game vehicle descriptions say that they are race cars. I mean the Red Devil beat the ZR1's factory 1/4 mile using the same engine modified and on a lighter modified chassis, there is no way that is a muscle car. I could ask Stielow himself and he'd probably say the same thing.

so wait a sec shells, you confused me :confused: lol, you said those cars were not muscle cars because they have carbon fiber parts and modern suspension :boggled:......well if thats true then according to you there techniquely isn't any muscle cars in the game.....this is why when we upgrade the cars "fully tuned"(as one might say) do we not put carbon fiber parts, stripped interior and so on such as (Stage 3 weight deduction) {Read description it says there}and once we equip (Fully customizable suspension) <---this would be considered modern suspension since most "muscle cars" came equipped with leaf spring,Coil's,or control arm ect.. and not with adjustable coil over shocks :crazy: so once we do this to our cars they become.......here it comes ...."Race Cars" is again according to what you put. Sooo if im looking for a muscle car lobby online and it says "Classic Muscle Cars 1/4" i have to "according to you" use lets say for example a 1970 nova SS with No weight deduction parts or suspension parts.

so wait a sec shells, you confused me :confused: lol, you said those cars were not muscle cars because they have carbon fiber parts and modern suspension :boggled:......well if thats true then according to you there techniquely isn't any muscle cars in the game.....this is why when we upgrade the cars "fully tuned"(as one might say) do we not put carbon fiber parts, stripped interior and so on such as (Stage 3 weight deduction) {Read description it says there}and once we equip (Fully customizable suspension) <---this would be considered modern suspension since most "muscle cars" came equipped with leaf spring,Coil's,or control arm ect.. and not with adjustable coil over shocks :crazy: so once we do this to our cars they become.......here it comes ...."Race Cars" is again according to what you put. Sooo if im looking for a muscle car lobby online and it says "Classic Muscle Cars 1/4" i have to "according to you" use lets say for example a 1970 nova SS with No weight deduction parts or suspension parts.
We tried racing stock horsepower or semi-modified muscle cars when Slash had his drag nights, and a whopping 4 or 5 people showed up on a weekly basis. Atleast we're using actual original muscle before adding the parts.

Not to mention even the in game vehicle descriptions say that they are race cars. I mean the Red Devil beat the ZR1's factory 1/4 mile using the same engine modified and on a lighter modified chassis, there is no way that is a muscle car. I could ask Stielow himself and he'd probably say the same thing.

no need to ask him shells ,

check the red devil facebook page recent posts

https://www.facebook.com/RedDevilCamaro

Last edited:
Hi scientist , Have a simple question trying to settle a debate.
do you still consider RED to be orange? thank you for your time.

https://grants.innovation.gov.au/SciencePrize/Pages/Doc.aspx?name=previous_winners/PM2004Clark.htm sure RED is orange.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/yn89.217660/ thank you that is what i wanted to hear.

check facebook page recent posts
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TrUe-AmAzInG-fAcTs/108147912547252

Red or Orange its still a Muscle Car 👍

I was referring to stock specs, if you read the book of a post above the debate you will see that. The point I'm trying to make as Shake said, these cars come equipped STOCK with modern day motors which we all know muscle doesn't exist anymore, there is no such category, all American cars made nowadays are in the Sports Car category the GT500 is a great example of this. Saying these are muscle cars is again like saying the Venom GT is a Sports Car, they took the Lotus Exige constructed the body and chassis out of lighter more modern day materials and slapped a 7.0L (427ci) LSX Turbocharged V8 in it as opposed to the original 1.8L I4 or the original 1.8L supercharged I4. This is a considered to be a heavily modified Lotus Exige, people say it's Hennessey's own car but saying that is like saying the Tommykaira M25 is its own car when it's a heavily modified R33. Again my point here is that these cars were muscle before they slapped the modern day motors in them. The Red Devil has a combination of an LS7 and LS9 motor and we all know where those engines come from, if the Red Devil is muscle then so is the ZR1 but we all know that the ZR1 is a SUPER CAR. Try to race the Premium Camaro SS '69 against the Red Devil and you will see the MAJOR difference, the Z28 is the real muscle and the Red Devel is a heavily modified version of it which is not considered muscle, just because it has a V8 doesn't make it muscle, if that is the logic that is being used here then I guess the Ferrari 458 is a muscle car because it has a 4.5L V8. Really try to see my point here, it's annoying when you go into a muscle lobby and everyone is running a Cobra, Red Devil and other cars that aren't muscle, this is the same debate everyone has about the Cobra being a muscle car which we know it's not, I just used that as an example by the way. If I have to I will type out the in game vehicle descriptions of each of these cars which I'm sure Kaz got the information for from the car creators themselves. Good ole car debates :D

Also is there any proof that that Facebook page is run by Mark Stielow himself? That could just be a poser for all we know.

" This muscle car is on top of a short list for coolest cars on the planet."
quote the last sentence
http://www.redlineoil.com/motorsports_detail.aspx?id=136&mid=12

Then again, think back to what I said, "It's all based off of biased opinions. From a factory stand point this car is not muscle because where the 1969 Camaro Z28 is factory the Red Devil is modified from the start, it comes "stock" with almost 800hp which you can't get on factory settings, this is from the same point of view as Shake when he tested them with Slash in their muscle lobbies. I bet in those lobbies it dominated just like the Cobra does in fully upgraded lobbies, the only reason the Red Devil isn't as fast in upgraded lobbies is because for some reason PD decided to screw up the weight characteristics of the car, just like they did with with the GT-R GT3 that is supposed to be 50kg lighter than it actually is so I can only imagine how bad they screwed up on these cars. Again I refer to the my previous statement "It's all based off of biased opinions" people will think what they want and nobody can stop them but I go by facts. Anyway, thanks @chris12008 @Charlloots and everyone else for the car debate, it's not often we get to have a good one and sometimes they can be fun if not blown out of proportion lol, fortunately this one has remained civil so thanks guys :)

I was referring to stock specs, if you read the book of a post above the debate you will see that. The point I'm trying to make as Shake said, these cars come equipped STOCK with modern day motors which we all know muscle doesn't exist anymore, there is no such category, all American cars made nowadays are in the Sports Car category the GT500 is a great example of this. Saying these are muscle cars is again like saying the Venom GT is a Sports Car, they took the Lotus Exige constructed the body and chassis out of lighter more modern day materials and slapped a 7.0L (427ci) LSX Turbocharged V8 in it as opposed to the original 1.8L I4 or the original 1.8L supercharged I4. This is a considered to be a heavily modified Lotus Exige, people say it's Hennessey's own car but saying that is like saying the Tommykaira M25 is its own car when it's a heavily modified R33. Again my point here is that these cars were muscle before they slapped the modern day motors in them. The Red Devil has a combination of an LS7 and LS9 motor and we all know where those engines come from, if the Red Devil is muscle then so is the ZR1 but we all know that the ZR1 is a SUPER CAR. Try to race the Premium Camaro SS '69 against the Red Devil and you will see the MAJOR difference, the Z28 is the real muscle and the Red Devel is a heavily modified version of it which is not considered muscle, just because it has a V8 doesn't make it muscle, if that is the logic that is being used here then I guess the Ferrari 458 is a muscle car because it has a 4.5L V8. Really try to see my point here, it's annoying when you go into a muscle lobby and everyone is running a Cobra, Red Devil and other cars that aren't muscle, this is the same debate everyone has about the Cobra being a muscle car which we know it's not, I just used that as an example by the way. If I have to I will type out the in game vehicle descriptions of each of these cars which I'm sure Kaz got the information for from the car creators themselves. Good ole car debates :D

Also is there any proof that that Facebook page is run by Mark Stielow himself? That could just be a poser for all we know.
Why do you have to type soooooooo much :grumpy: making me read all that :irked:

Back