looking for a good supercar??

  • Thread starter Thread starter mr.wigglesaur
  • 66 comments
  • 4,581 views
Messages
122
the title puts describes what im asking for fairly well, but im pretty sure some more detail should be in order :)

simply put, i recently bought a lamborghini superveloce and needless to say im very impressed, both by its sheer power and its handling :D
however, i feel i can do better, and i was asking for the experience and expertise of gtplanet's forum users to help me find a better supercar.
main criteria is:
-MR or FR. as much as i love 4WD, i prefer rear wheel drive as im sure many here do :D
-Preferably 1,000,000 or less. I'm not looking for a veyron or anything close to a 'hypercar'
-Handles with little oversteer, assuming proper throttle control is used. For example, I bought an sls hoping that I'd be able to manage its oversteer, and was sorely dissapointed, while I somehow manage to handle an ACR much better, using lower RPMs. What im essentially asking for is something a little more 'calm' than an sls. perhaps an slr? :D
-Flexible. I'd like to have a supercar in my hands that I can use on le sarthe for a mini 24 hrs of le mans, while also being capable of runs on laguna seca and nurburgring gp with little adjustment while still being 'quick'

thanks in advance to everyone for the input! :)
 
458 italia is always a good bet, especially for only < 300,000cr

also, theres a good tune for the sls on here, its one of my favourites
 
Don't really like the superveloce personally. For a million dollars, I'd spend it on:

~ Mclaren F1
~ Ferrari Enzo
~ Viper
~ Ford GT

Another car worth mentioning is the Zonda R. Yes it is 2,600,000 but worth every penny.
 
I can't think of to much off the top of my head but if you are looking for an LM car or a car that has been made specifically for these types of races then the car i'm about to mention won't suit you. The car i'm thinking of is the S2000 GT1 Turbo off the NCD, it is very quick for an S2000 and is a blast to drive from my past experience, this car is also very easy to control due to the huge wing on the back of it!:D This is just a suggestion because of course there are faster cars that you might be more interested in but I hope I could help.
 
Lamborghini Super V - simply ferocious!!! It IS the best "Supercar".

However, what you're describing is the Ferrari 458 Italia. I personally wouldn't classify it as a Supercar; it is my overall favorite because it just handles and it can run with the big boys. Real-world they've turned it into a race car but it couldn't compete and I think came in last in it's class at Le Mans.
 
I don't hear too much praise about the McLaren MP4-12C around here, but I'd definitely recommend it.

7-speeds are the way to go. 👍
 
Longtime favorite of mine is the Lotus Esprit V8 '02.
This car when fully modified can get up and run with just about anything.
Better yet you can get it for 116,520 credits in the NCD!
 
For way less than a million get a Zonda C12S. IMO the greatest bargain supercar.
 
How about F430 Scuderia?

I think this is much better than the 458 Italia and Enzo.

The Lotus and McLaren suggestions seem pretty good options too.

How about something from Aston Martin??
 
Love the McLaren F1 for 1 million.

Another dark horse car is the Subaru Super Touring Car. Amazing car, it is standard though. Probably not a supercar but it is a great car.
 
How about F430 Scuderia?

I think this is much better than the 458 Italia and Enzo.

What exactly makes you "think" that? The 458 is more powerful and has much better handling. How could it possibly be better?
 
Strange how the MP4-12C is the underdog here...It really is a quick car for the buck.
 
I know its a racecar but the Corvette C5-R is awesome. I been driving this thing like cray lately. Plus its half price in Ocd.
 
What exactly makes you "think" that? The 458 is more powerful and has much better handling. How could it possibly be better?

F430 Scuderia is close to a road-legal race-car. 458 Italia is a road car.

Taken to the track, the F430 excels in braking, handling, response and will often produce lower lap times than the heavier, less track-specific 458.

Weather this fits the criteria or not, im not sure, but if lap times are what your looking at, then F430 will win out over 548.

The lighter weight and better agility will also allow it to be more 'flexible' on tighter courses, as the OP was wanting.
 
Viper, though it sounds like you have one.

The Zondas are fun, as is the S7, though the latter requires racing soft to behave anywhere near realistic for some reason.
 
Did I mention that the Lotus V8 can hit 230 mph at Le Sarthe, and with a proper suspension setup remains very quick through the corners? :D
 
DaLightninRacer
Don't really like the superveloce personally. For a million dollars, I'd spend it on:

~ Mclaren F1
~ Ferrari Enzo
~ Viper
~ Ford GT

Another car worth mentioning is the Zonda R. Yes it is 2,600,000 but worth every penny.

You win it too :D
 
Yes,GT championship(B-Spec) iirc.
 
XDesperado67
Did I mention that the Lotus V8 can hit 230 mph at Le Sarthe, and with a proper suspension setup remains very quick through the corners? :D

I did not know that :D
 
I know it's not technically a super car but the High End Performance G37. Costs 350k, fully upgraded it's around 620hp, and handles like an absolute beast. Also the Mercedes SLS AMG 10' when upgraded with a good tune is an absolute dream to drive.
 
I just finished driving around in the SuperCar Seasonal with the VW W12 Nardo. That was pretty fun. Handles great with proper throttle control(I use a DS3), and an absolute beast as far as power. It took me a while to find it in my UCD and I'm not sure how much I paid for it but it was worth it!
 
If you can go to 1,500,000 then your best bet Imo is the Mazda Furai concept car from the UCD...On any given day a top notch driver can hang with all those 5,000,000 supercars you see for sale...Easy on the eyes as well.
 
F430 Scuderia is close to a road-legal race-car. 458 Italia is a road car.

Taken to the track, the F430 excels in braking, handling, response and will often produce lower lap times than the heavier, less track-specific 458.

Weather this fits the criteria or not, im not sure, but if lap times are what your looking at, then F430 will win out over 548.

The lighter weight and better agility will also allow it to be more 'flexible' on tighter courses, as the OP was wanting.

Any course you and me I'll take the 458. Scud may be lighter but the 458 will take it on ANY track.
 
Any course you and me I'll take the 458. Scud may be lighter but the 458 will take it on ANY track.

Ok sure thing, tarmac prince. Wait for me there. If I dont show, just wait longer.
 
F430 Scuderia is close to a road-legal race-car. 458 Italia is a road car.

Taken to the track, the F430 excels in braking, handling, response and will often produce lower lap times than the heavier, less track-specific 458.

Weather this fits the criteria or not, im not sure, but if lap times are what your looking at, then F430 will win out over 548.

The lighter weight and better agility will also allow it to be more 'flexible' on tighter courses, as the OP was wanting.

Ok sure thing, tarmac prince. Wait for me there. If I dont show, just wait longer.

You can do the 2P mode in Arcade. But I'm guessing you'd rather run the other way then have the 458 toast the Scud.
 
Use à lmp1 car like THE Peugeot hdi fab . And down tune it:)
 
Back