Looking for clean, mature drivers of unmodified cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter transam1998
  • 38 comments
  • 2,122 views
Messages
148
Update: 1/19/2011 2:00pm

Sorry I missed the last couple of days. Thanks to those who raced with me over the weekend, we had some good battles!

I will be on tonight for sure.





Sport tires only

No aids

No mods on cars, We could use our own cars, or I can pick from the library, but they must be as you bought them, broken in is allowed, of course. :-)

Heavy damage

rules:

1. Have fun!

2. no bumping, as someone said on here earlier, "Rubbin is NOT
racin" and will get you thrown out of any of my local tracks.

3. Accidents do happen sometimes, that will be understood. But,
if you push someone off, and they aren't damaged, you should
pull off and let them back in front of you, then resume
racing.

4. No crazy blocking, (i mean weaving from one end of the track
to another), this just leads to getting bumped If someone is
hounding you, and is obviously faster, you should move over
and let them by as soon as it is safe to do so. This is a
rule at most tracks that I have been to.

5. In the event that you go off track and are stopped or
significantly slowed, it is YOUR responsibility to look
before driving back on. It doesn't matter if the whole
field passes you. You can't expect someone to run themselves
off the track avoiding you because you pull back on when they
are coming up on you at 140 mph. Likewise, if you see someone
off in front of you, condsider it a local yellow and slow down
a bit.


Failure to follow rules may result in you being asked to use a "reasonably priced car" for one round. This includes myself, if I mess up.

Blatant and gross failure to follow rules will result in you being kicked. I want this to be fun for everyone.

If anyone has any suggestions for rules, I am open to suggestions.

Post or PM me your PSN id if interested. I will post a channel name in this thread tomorrow night.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like fun, I'll try to make it out.

PSN is Piler
 
Last edited:
i love unmodified cars :) msg me when you're racing! PSN zuqbu
 
Eldioni30 is having trouble staying connected to me, so I am having him try to host

will keep you informed
 
Eldioni30 is hosting no tuning or kick, I couldn't keep folks connected, so head over there, that is where the racing will be tonight
 
transam1998

I'd say I'll join for sure but then realised that my timezone is 6 hours ahead of yours. Having a 'normal' job, I'd never be able to make it mate.

Sounds great though and have fun!
 
transam1998

I'd say I'll join for sure but then realised that my timezone is 6 hours ahead of yours. Having a 'normal' job, I'd never be able to make it mate.

Sounds great though and have fun!

Well, if you ever get time, look us up, I may will often be starting up earlier than 8pm, and may be able to open on the weekends as well. I have a normal job as well, I just never sleep. :-)
 
Sounds nice. Count me in: GTP_Calamar
 
Hi

Sounds Just what I've been looking for, count me in for tonights race.

PSN magnificent_mr_p

Thanks.
 
Well, if you ever get time, look us up, I may will often be starting up earlier than 8pm, and may be able to open on the weekends as well. I have a normal job as well, I just never sleep. :-)

I've not been getting much sleep either to be honest... I blame buying myself a G27 and that 'just one more quick go' mentality before I go to bed >_<

Weekends may be cool though. I need to add you on my PSN. My list is full right now, from all of my Killzone2 mates. I'll cull some to make room for some GT heads!

Later
 
im completely down for this! i enjoy modded and unmodded cars :)

PSN: PrinceAsh

ps: seems i have some shopping to do :D yay stock cars!!!
pps: im not the best at using a controller to drive :( so i might bump unintentionally im used to a steering wheel and since the wheel i used to use is broken.. i have to use controller till i can save up for a new wheel and pedal system :(
 
Thanks, Eldioni30 for hosting the channel for me last night, and thanks to everyone who joined in. Last night was the best online racing I have had yet. It's also the first time I have seen most of the cars that were used, and, likewise, I used some cars that haven't seen much action. Pretty interesting to see different cars with their differing strengths and weaknesses battling it out.

I will send a friend request to timber-rattler and GTP_Calamar when I get home from work tonight. ParksidE001, I can send you a request as well, if you wish.

I will start another channel tonight around 6 - 7PM GMT-5. I have chores first and probably should feed the kids or they may revolt. :-)

I will update this thread and PM everyone. As with last night, if people are having trouble staying connected to me, I will ask someone else to host, this worked out great last night.
 
Count me in. psn is freeze9

I was online last night and got into a room similar to what you are doing. We raced on the Nurburgring and everyone had stock a 2010 Camaro. Best online race I've had yet. 4 of us were on the back stretch neck and neck to the finish!!
 
Yeah, great racing last night. Hope more people joins tonight. Next time everyone bring some sport softs for the supercars :guilty:
 
This was a ton of fun last night, the prowler vs the old supra on comfort tires was classic.
 
This was a ton of fun last night, the prowler vs the old supra on comfort tires was classic.

Yeah, that was awesome, Prowler pulling on the straights, then getting caught in the corners.
 
sounds interesting. Please add me
PSN: dsgerbc
 
I reckon I'll never catch u online and my FL is full so maybe I'll see u one day. Cheers for being a decent guy tho! :)

pEAsiDe
 
I will add you in a few dmanaenk!

Thanks ParksidE001, if you ever do catch me, your welcome to join! :-)
 
Thanks to everyone who came in last night, that was awesome racing, even though I wasn't driving well last night.

I would like to stress that this is for unmodified cars only. No exhausts, intakes, etc. If you have mods to your car, please deselect them before racing. There were a few complaints about cars that some poeple thought were louder than they should've have been.

I couldn't tell, because, for most of the evening, I could only see Piler and Eldioni30. On my monitor, there were only ever the 3 of us and, when the race finished, I would only see us 3 listed? Anyone know why that would be?

I thought maybe because the others hadn't accepted my friend request yet? I don't know. After a few of you left and came back later in the evening, I could see you all.

I apologize for my issues with getting a channel together that people could connect to. When I couldn't connect to Eldioni30s channel, I did some research and discovered the whole NAT thing which I didn't even know could be a problem. Mine was 3, I changed some stuff in my PS3 and router and I have NAT 2 now, I was able to connect and will, hopefully, not have any more problems with that.

I will likely be unable to organize anything tonight, I have friends with broken internet I promised to help out. If one of you wants to start up a channel tonight, go ahead and make a post in here. Maybe if I get home before everyone is off, I can join in for a race or two. :-)

I will be on Friday evening, don't know how early yet.
 
Last edited:
Yeah fun racing last night Vermin. I need to stock up my garage though, everything I have is modified in my favorites so I was just choosing cars from the recommended list.

One thing we should try some evening is everyone taking the same car. Makes for VERY close and fun races.

So what's up with the internet settings? I got disconnected twice last night for no reason. I wonder if that has something to do on my end.
 
Yeah fun racing last night Vermin. I need to stock up my garage though, everything I have is modified in my favorites so I was just choosing cars from the recommended list.

You can always go into your settings and take your mods off (as long as you don't have engine stages or weight reductions on).
 
When you took over the room at some point I could not enter the race for unknown reason. When I disconnected could not connect again over 'network incompatibility' or smth. Hopefully that's resolved.

I'd be all for one make races. Was in a room few days ago, where we raced some stock Priuses on the Ring with heavy damage and real grip reduction. That was fun, mostly because Prius is always in "D" and there's not even a blinking gear that would suggest that you have to slow down.
 
When you took over the room at some point I could not enter the race for unknown reason. When I disconnected could not connect again over 'network incompatibility' or smth. Hopefully that's resolved.

I'd be all for one make races. Was in a room few days ago, where we raced some stock Priuses on the Ring with heavy damage and real grip reduction. That was fun, mostly because Prius is always in "D" and there's not even a blinking gear that would suggest that you have to slow down.

We can try that for an evening, never been a big fan of this, reminds me too much of NASCAR, but it would make for close racing. maybe this weekend. I thought about picking Delasarthe during the afternoon and setting real time, then letting it progress into the night, I did a channel like that once before and it was awesome. Maybe we can do both.

Could also try limiting the garage for a night, I've had some really close racing that way as well.

Sorry you couldn't connect again, maybe my hosting isn't fixed. What is your NAT? You can do a search online about your PS3 NAT settings, a NAT of 3 will apparently get you disconnected from a lot of servers.

As always, I'll try to get a channel open, if people can't connect, someone else can host.

I may be able to open one up tonight, my friend with internet troubles has proclaimed exhaustion and wants me to come over next week. I'll let everyone know, or if someone beats me to it and starts a channel of their own, post in here and we will find you :-)
 
I'll look you guys up whenever I'm on-line.

Unmodified street cars are a lot of fun when you you're going fast and smooth on the edge of control.
 
Back