Looking for clean racers

• Thread starter Foxy382731
  • 36 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi guys fairly new to gran torismo sport and I'm really struggling to get my rating up. Did get to c/s but currently on c/b and have to say it's mainly to do with ******** driver that just divebomb up the side and hit you then you are the one that loses dr or sr . Along with penalties. I think it's a joke and needs to be addressed . Anyway I'm looking for clean racers to add so we can get some lobbys together to have some fun. Yes I understand that contact isn't always avoidable but blatant dive bomb when the overtake just isn't on are a joke. If you wana add me then please do so. My ps4 name is the same as here and I'm from the uk. Take care

Hi guys fairly new to gran torismo sport and I'm really struggling to get my rating up. Did get to c/s but currently on c/b and have to say it's mainly to do with ******** driver that just divebomb up the side and hit you then you are the one that loses dr or sr . Along with penalties. I think it's a joke and needs to be addressed . Anyway I'm looking for clean racers to add so we can get some lobbys together to have some fun. Yes I understand that contact isn't always avoidable but blatant dive bomb when the overtake just isn't on are a joke. If you wana add me then please do so. My ps4 name is the same as here and I'm from the uk. Take care

When racing daily races if you are not fast enough to start out front and stay there then you must drive defensively to maintain a high SR. Do not defend your position aggressively, just let the person go and pass him when he goes off. Same with trying to pass someone, if they are aggressively defending just wait for him to make a mistake.

When racing daily races if you are not fast enough to start out front and stay there then you must drive defensively to maintain a high SR. Do not defend your position aggressively, just let the person go and pass him when he goes off. Same with trying to pass someone, if they are aggressively defending just wait for him to make a mistake.
I'm not the fastest by any means but I'm not the slowest either. I normally qualify in the top half but my problem is drivers that completely miss their breaking points and ram you or try to shoot up the inside and again , ram you but the one being rammed or hit is the one that loses dr/sr and it's annoying. Just wish people would use their brakes. If I'm chasing some one and I get in their slipstream I'll brake a bit early or/and turn away from them either outside or inside depending on the situation. I'd even take myself off road or into a wall over hitting some one. I try my best not to make any contact when racing. Of course not being a pro racer sometimes it can't be helped and I have made contact with other cars but I always let them back past me if I felt like I was unfair in my pass. Just wish other drivers were the same. It's so frustrating to see your dr/sr rating going down because people hit you

I'm not the fastest by any means but I'm not the slowest either. I normally qualify in the top half but my problem is drivers that completely miss their breaking points and ram you or try to shoot up the inside and again , ram you but the one being rammed or hit is the one that loses dr/sr and it's annoying. Just wish people would use their brakes. If I'm chasing some one and I get in their slipstream I'll brake a bit early or/and turn away from them either outside or inside depending on the situation. I'd even take myself off road or into a wall over hitting some one. I try my best not to make any contact when racing. Of course not being a pro racer sometimes it can't be helped and I have made contact with other cars but I always let them back past me if I felt like I was unfair in my pass. Just wish other drivers were the same. It's so frustrating to see your dr/sr rating going down because people hit you

Oh I know!! Best thing to do at tracks like Nurb GP, Monza,etc is move off of the racing line at heavy braking corners, especially the first lap or 2 when the field is bunched up. There is not much you can do if someone is aiming for you except junk at the last second.

Unfortunately being SR S isn’t really enough when you’re DR C. People are still quite aggressive in trying to pass in places where it doesn’t make sense and don’t really understand that it’s better to back off and wait for a better zone to make a move.

Fastone gave some good advice. Sometimes it’s just not worth defending your position, and just let the aggressive guys through.

Fortunately it does get better as you move up DR class. I just got to B and people are more patient/smarter at picking their moment to pass.

Unfortunately being SR S isn’t really enough when you’re DR C. People are still quite aggressive in trying to pass in places where it doesn’t make sense and don’t really understand that it’s better to back off and wait for a better zone to make a move.

Fastone gave some good advice. Sometimes it’s just not worth defending your position, and just let the aggressive guys through.

Fortunately it does get better as you move up DR class. I just got to B and people are more patient/smarter at picking their moment to pass.
It's so difficult to get your rating up tho. Like I said I was on c/s but now on c/b just keep losing rating due to other drivers that just smash you out the way and they don't seem to get anything happen to them but my rating goes down I just can't get my head around how that works. I'd give anything to get my rating to b or a to get to race more respectful drivers. I follow a couple of people on YouTube and watch their faces and it's just a completely different lobby. So respectful. I want lobbys like that lol

It's so difficult to get your rating up tho. Like I said I was on c/s but now on c/b just keep losing rating due to other drivers that just smash you out the way and they don't seem to get anything happen to them but my rating goes down I just can't get my head around how that works. I'd give anything to get my rating to b or a to get to race more respectful drivers. I follow a couple of people on YouTube and watch their faces and it's just a completely different lobby. So respectful. I want lobbys like that lol

I have exactly the same ethos as you and frustratingly dallied between D - S SR ratings like a yo-yo. I even tried not qualifying, so i could start at the back and stay out of trouble and just wait for mistakes to happen in front of me. I then took the decision to choose my battles carefully and only compete on tracks that i was strong on - put in a decent qualy lap and found i was more in control, as i could anticipate other drivers a lot better on tracks i knew very well. I'm at B/S and been there for a good while now - but weekly races are few and far between.

I have exactly the same ethos as you and frustratingly dallied between D - S SR ratings like a yo-yo. I even tried not qualifying, so i could start at the back and stay out of trouble and just wait for mistakes to happen in front of me. I then took the decision to choose my battles carefully and only compete on tracks that i was strong on - put in a decent qualy lap and found i was more in control, as i could anticipate other drivers a lot better on tracks i knew very well. I'm at B/S and been there for a good while now - but weekly races are few and far between.
I know exactly what you mean mate. I've done the same with the qualifying and starting at the back. I found that to work better most ways but no real chance of coming 1st or even the top 5. Well for me at least but you do get a better race I find coz you're just out of the trouble

I'm looking for active GT Sport racers as well, mainly for comparing daily race qualifications, but I wouldn't mind joining a lobby of like-minded people to race for fun and learning.
My PSN id is: Flashyman

I'll add Foxy382731 and Crazybuttocks198.

Go for it. Love to race clean drivers.

Feel free to join us Tuesday's at 10pm Central Standard Time for Car of the Week. We are a group of clean racers that test cars every week and determine whether they are a beater or a sleeper. I know that when we race that is pretty early for you but did have a UK racer joins us back in GT6. If you enjoy racing stock cars and want a great group of clean racers, you are more than welcome to join us. Feel free to add me on PS4: racer2833

Feel free to join us Tuesday's at 10pm Central Standard Time for Car of the Week. We are a group of clean racers that test cars every week and determine whether they are a beater or a sleeper. I know that when we race that is pretty early for you but did have a UK racer joins us back in GT6. If you enjoy racing stock cars and want a great group of clean racers, you are more than welcome to join us. Feel free to add me on PS4: racer2833
Racer2833 can I add you as well?

May I add you as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out:
www.snailracing.org
We have a league night for spec racing every Sunday, along with a formal practice night and many support series throughout the week. You will find a great community of like minded and very clean racers of all skill levels. Check us out, and hope it interests you. Good luck.

^^^ This. Forget Sport Mode if you want clean racing. Forget your Rating. Join human stewarded clean racing lobbies, and forget the nightmare that is Sport Mode. Even the FIA recognize that the World Cup would be a joke if left to the automated stewarding the rest of us have to endure, and put real stewards in to adjudicate.

We are at least two or more generations of consoles away from having the power to be able to determine fault correctly in racing incidents, so if you want clean racing, join SNAIL or other clean or kick lobbies. That is the ONLY place where clean racing is enforced...

^^^ This. Forget Sport Mode if you want clean racing. Forget your Rating. Join human stewarded clean racing lobbies, and forget the nightmare that is Sport Mode. Even the FIA recognize that the World Cup would be a joke if left to the automated stewarding the rest of us have to endure, and put real stewards in to adjudicate.

We are at least two or more generations of consoles away from having the power to be able to determine fault correctly in racing incidents, so if you want clean racing, join SNAIL or other clean or kick lobbies. That is the ONLY place where clean racing is enforced...
I like the sound of that. Feel free to add me.
Foxy382731
Always up for some good clean races

Me too Foxy, lobbies with clean racers. :) Cheers on that. :cheers:

Looking for clean driving adds...
Brixwell
May I?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to add me. Psn same as here
Foxy, I have a question for a friend request and they ask me about my PSN? Sorry, but ol' fa.. here no computer guy!! May I ask where you find your PSN name? Thanks mate.
Also please let me know when you are in a lobby, never done that before either?

If you have a friend in a lobby, there will be an icon at the top of the main GTsport page. Go in there, then on the left, click rooms with friends.
It will show you the room or rooms depending on how many friends are playing.
Pretty straightforward.
Sure add me. Just leave a note "from gtplanet"

Foxy, I have a question for a friend request and they ask me about my PSN? Sorry, but ol' fa.. here no computer guy!! May I ask where you find your PSN name? Thanks mate.
Also please let me know when you are in a lobby, never done that before either?
Sorry not been on here for a while. Add my PlayStation
Foxy382731

On most days and I'm always up for a race. Just drop a comment gtplanet so I know where you're from

Latest Posts

Back