Looking For Race Broadcasters/Commentators | [ORA] FIA GTWC S4

United States
New York
CodDemon101
46vDv29.jpg

(ignore banner season number)

Hello, you may have heard of our racing series, we are currently the largest series on GTP's GT6 Racing Series Forums and we are searching for more broadcasters and commentators for Season 4.

Some Series Specifications
- Season start around September
- Seeking three racing lobbies. PRO, PRO/AM, AM
- Searching for a few broadcasters and some commentators
-Already have two very experienced commentators
- We plan to have all videos posted to our youtube channel.

More Information on race recording etc...

Here is a link to our ORA's YT channel

Since GT6 Lobbies accommodate 16 players max, we are looking to have 15 drivers + 1 race broadcasters per lobby. Last season we had @brntguy broadcast and @TeamCZRRacing and @OriginalCheezIt commentate.

Last edited:
650!? Whoa. Never noticed. Haha.

Some tips for anyone interested in taking the role of a broadcaster/recorder:
- It's fun.
- Go for the best angle possible. (Notice in the video above at around 2:20 I keep changing the car the camera is focused on. It's better to see all the cars on screen instead of only seeing one car. This is when it is possible.)
- Add some variety to your views. Check the rear when there is a battle for example. (At 7:20 of the video you can see what I'm talking about.)
- Make sure you have a decent internet connection. It won't look pretty when you have a bunch of cars lagging around.
- Videos aren't an overnight process. Some videos may take days to finish.
- Your hard drive or whatever storage device you use with your capture device will fill up fast. The average 1 hour raw race video is about 10GBs.

I think that's it. Good luck to anyone who is going to grab this opportunity. 👍

I'm a broadcaster and videographer. Been broadcasting for awhile now. Had a Justin TV and Ustream. Have a couple of twitch channels I can do broadcasts from. Here is examples of quality of broadcast. http://www.twitch.tv/2old4forza/c/2443713
From the other channel http://www.twitch.tv/snailgt6leagueracing/b/595772789
I also do highlight reels and promo's I race in the snail wed nite race car series and do stuff for snail but don't do alot of broadcasting so I have some time to do some broadcasting. Some examples of highlight reel and promo's.

Recent promo

I'm a broadcaster and videographer. Been broadcasting for awhile now. Had a Justin TV and Ustream. Have a couple of twitch channels I can do broadcasts from. Here is examples of quality of broadcast. http://www.twitch.tv/2old4forza/c/2443713
From the other channel http://www.twitch.tv/snailgt6leagueracing/b/595772789
I also do highlight reels and promo's I race in the snail wed nite race car series and do stuff for snail but don't do alot of broadcasting so I have some time to do some broadcasting. Some examples of highlight reel and promo's.

Recent promo

Great! Now I guess I can ask a couple questions of how we can get this done and the process. Firstly, I am assuming you do not do race commentating, so if you do not, is there any way we could get two of our drivers to do commentating on the races? I'm not sure if you know this or not but since we have two races a weekend for most weekends (1 Hour Endurance 20 Minute Sprint) could you do both races, or just lets say the 1 Hour endurance? If you could just give me how you are going to do it that would be great!

Race commenting, no not really, just not that chatty plus I wouldn't be familiar with the drivers, series etc. When doing your races do you have voice lobby chat going or is it all text chat? When exactly do your races run? Does your group already have a broadcast channel? Could you please include some links to your group/series/league info so I can check it out and pick up banners etc that can be used for the broadcast.

Season 3 Thread
Season 2 Thread

We do not have voice lobbies for races as it messes with bandwith and connections too much. We just have text chats but once race starts you cannot use chat during the race. We run Sprint race then Endurance race, so the lobby opens 18:30 UTC with qualifying starting 50 minutes later. We do not have a broadcast channel and by that do you mean a YouTube or Twitch, if so no.

By commentating I mean is there anyway you record the race then you can have it uploaded and edit in lets say commentating from 2 to 3 drivers somehow?

Thought you were looking more for a broadcaster as it is much easier and less time consuming just to sit in and watch the races while also broadcasting while you watch. All you have to do for making highlight reel or just broadcasting the replay with commentary is to have someone in the race save the replay then send it or make it available on google.docs or something where the person who is gonna do the video can get it and put it in his ps3 and boot it up on gt6 so he has the replay then. No need to even be in the room that way.

have someone in the race save the replay then send it or make it available on google.docs or

Thing is, that's not possible. GT6 does not allow you to export replays over 100mb (which most races are).

And yes, commentating is VERY time consuming.

Thought you were looking more for a broadcaster as it is much easier and less time consuming just to sit in and watch the races while also broadcasting while you watch. All you have to do for making highlight reel or just broadcasting the replay with commentary is to have someone in the race save the replay then send it or make it available on google.docs or something where the person who is gonna do the video can get it and put it in his ps3 and boot it up on gt6 so he has the replay then. No need to even be in the room that way.
Ok I am finding the last part a little confusing but, lets say last season we had @Ameer67 be in the lobby record the races and edit them to post to youtube, would that be the same as broadcasting? And then when the video is recorded, would there not a feature on YouTube that lets you add in commentating of some sort? So could there be an option where two drivers can add commentating somehow?

@Jordan could you somehow help me out figuring this out:P I'm a noob at this stuff. How do you do livestreaming commentating and video commentating with another person?

@Jordan could you somehow help me out figuring this out:P I'm a noob at this stuff. How do you do livestreaming commentating and video commentating with another person?
I generally consider @Wardez to be our expert resident live stream producer.

The specific answer, however, depends on the software you are using to broadcast the live stream. All of the commentators join a group Skype chat, the audio of which is overlaid onto the video from the game. Each commentator also has to be a spectator in the race on their own console, to see the on-track action. Of course, that means that each commentator might be looking at a different car or area of the track, so it's going to be hard for them to "talk together" about what viewers are seeing, but there is no real way around this.

Ultimately, producing live streams for races is still very challenging, in terms of both technical details and practical logistics.

Thing is, that's not possible. GT6 does not allow you to export replays over 100mb (which most races are).

And yes, commentating is VERY time consuming.
How big are the 1 hour races? It has to be really close to 100 eh? Would 50 min go under or 55? Do you think the size of file is track dependent? Do you think that the replay file size is influenced by the number of drivers in the lobby?

Last edited:
How big are the 1 hour races? It has to be really close to 100 eh? Would 50 min go under or 55? Do you think the size of file is track dependent? Do you think that the replay file size is influenced by the number of drivers in the lobby?

Most of the 1 hour replay data are at 100mb. (There are some others that are in the upper 90s. Rarely though.)

Track dependant? Probably. Number of drivers? I think so.

brntguy if you are still interested, I will be fine with you recording the race replays. Would you like them posted on your channel or would you like us to create a YouTube channel that you can post on?
Also which room would you prefer to record, the PRO room or AM room? Since they both race at the same time I'm assuming you can only do one since the replays are usually over 100MB...
Or of course the other option is livestreaming

We are still welcoming at least one more race recorder!

Is your races on Sunday Nites? If so I have been hired to stream on Sunday evenings starting at 9:30 pm eastern for 2 hrs.

I'd be willing to stream for you,not sure if I want to do a bunch of editing etc of the replay since that takes up so much time, will have to see about that.

I'd be willing to stream for you,not sure if I want to do a bunch of editing etc of the replay since that takes up so much time, will have to see about that.
Well we wouldn't expect much more than the editing Ameer67 has done. If you do livestreaming I don't know how you add the editing graphics but I know it can be done. Would you plan to do the livestreaming on YouTube or Twitch?

If someone else could stream I could assist as maybe a color commentator since I've already got a little bit of experience as an announcer. It would be even better if I had @OriginalCheezIt to work with since I've called both of my races live with him and I feel that we work really damn well together. In fact, I could put together a demo reel and upload it here, though the video quality may noit be great.

If someone else could stream I could assist as maybe a color commentator since I've already got a little bit of experience as an announcer. It would be even better if I had @OriginalCheezIt to work with since I've called both of my races live with him and I feel that we work really damn well together. In fact, I could put together a demo reel and upload it here, though the video quality may noit be great.
Great to hear! Are either of you two able to record the livestreaming?

Great to hear! Are either of you two able to record the livestreaming?
I am. :) Not sure if Skype will work with Bandicam's DX9 mode, but capture quality shouldn't be too bad even if it doesn't. Plus I'm upgrading to a brawnier graphics card that should help improve video smoothness further.

What onscreen graphics do you want to use? Make them available and I can put them onscreen while streaming. If your wanting to add a color commenter and he has a webcam I can add the webcam feed to it also.

What onscreen graphics do you want to use? Make them available and I can put them onscreen while streaming. If your wanting to add a color commenter and he has a webcam I can add the webcam feed to it also.
Ok so you want to join him in what?:P You would be doing the recording and he would do the color commentating? Just help me out on your plan:P
I am. :) Not sure if Skype will work with Bandicam's DX9 mode, but capture quality shouldn't be too bad even if it doesn't. Plus I'm upgrading to a brawnier graphics card that should help improve video smoothness further.
So you would be able to do graphics commentating and recording with OriginalCheezit?

Ok so you want to join him in what?:P You would be doing the recording and he would do the color commentating? Just help me out on your plan:P

So you would be able to do graphics commentating and recording with OriginalCheezit?
I'd be able to commentate and record, but I think someone else should do the graphics as I'm not sure how graphics work on a livestream.

Something I failed to mention is that Cheez's Internet connection is very slow, so his mic tends to cut out frequently, but you can still usually get the gist of what he's saying.

I'd be able to commentate and record, but I think someone else should do the graphics as I'm not sure how graphics work on a livestream.

Something I failed to mention is that Cheez's Internet connection is very slow, so his mic tends to cut out frequently, but you can still usually get the gist of what he's saying.
Oh, so would cheezit have to be in the lobby?

Oh, so would cheezit have to be in the lobby?
I don't think so. How does this sound? CheezIt sits in on the Skype chat and commentates on the race being livestreamed while I browse around and look for other stuff to commentate on. That way we still only have two people in the lobby: the livesteamer and myself. This would mean that Cheez and I could commentate while having someone who's more expereinced at streaming carry the race. I could then record the streamed race using Bandicam and upload it to YouTube.

I don't think so. How does this sound? CheezIt sits in on the Skype chat and commentates on the race being livestreamed while I browse around and look for other stuff to commentate on. That way we still only have two people in the lobby: the livesteamer and myself. This would mean that Cheez and I could commentate while having someone who's more expereinced at streaming carry the race. I could then record the streamed race using Bandicam and upload it to YouTube.
Ok so you cannot livestreaming yourself then?

Ok so you cannot livestreaming yourself then?
I could, but it would be really choppy and unprofessional-looking. I've done it before, but I really need to figure out how to become better at it before I try again.

I could, but it would be really choppy and unprofessional-looking. I've done it before, but I really need to figure out how to become better at it before I try again.
You could try in the two preseasons how it works out is that ok? Test it there and if it's good you can keep doing it.

You could try in the two preseasons how it works out is that ok? Test it there and if it's good you can keep doing it.
That's the thing - part of the issue is that the software for my capture card absolutely sucks and won't let me record natively, so I have to record it using Bandicam while streaming using OBS, and as a result the video quality and framerate both end up being absolute crap. I can't afford to plonk down another $100 for a card, so if you want Cheez and I to commentate then my solution is the only way I can see this working. Trust me though, we'll make it worth your time. :)

Back