Looks like there is a really good update coming soon.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT Motion
  • 63 comments
  • 9,149 views
Messages
1,056
Messages
GT-Motion
I know they mentioned that the next update will have "Gran Turismo anywhere", but I think the update is going to have much more.

Look at this: http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/academy/d5532.html

"For this reason we are now working on an update that will help prevent this type of inappropriate driving. Because Round 3 must take place after the release of this update, the previously announced schedule of February 14, 2011 9:00AM is subject to change. The new schedule hereafter will be announced again at a later date."

Looks like the update may include either better damage, or a better penalty system that hopefully will be used online as well not just in GT Academy.
 
Yeah, but now it says the date of the 14th is subject to change, which means any early update is out of the question and we wont get one till around or after the 14th.
 
Sounds like wishful thinking...

My best bet? They're going to build a few invisible walls, like the ones around the Gop Gear Test Track.
 
I see nothing about damage....

I know it doesn't say anything about damage, but it sounds like they are doing an entire update for the game, not just the Academy, and the only real way to combat against wall bounces are either damage or a better penalty system. Its just wishful thinking :)
 
Given their track record, it's probably going to be some sort of Mickey Mouse penalty system using 1996 technology, just as seen in the rally "Special Events."

I'll eat my hat if driving into walls yields the same effect as in real driving, and same for driving off course as well.
 
Well we do know that there is some update coming at some point in feb to allow b spec anywhere racing and some other things. There will be of course features that they have no disclosed to the public. We can only wait and see. If it adds more replay value, then so be it, if not, oh well.
 
Better hope the 1 Series M Coupe rolls along.

I've been wanting to tune a 1-Series but the 135i is a little ugly and the tii isn't much faster.
 
So they can resechedule round 3 but they couldn't extend roud 2 to give people more than 2 days practice on the course? Genious...
 
So they can resechedule round 3 but they couldn't extend roud 2 to give people more than 2 days practice on the course? Genious...

Because of this we are effectively negating Round 2 of the competition, allowing EVERYONE who entered round 2 to automatically progress to Round 3.

By the way, the penalty system was ok in GT5P can´t understand why they removed it... I mean it was not perfect but was better than no penalty system...
 
Better hope the 1 Series M Coupe rolls along.

I've been wanting to tune a 1-Series but the 135i is a little ugly and the tii isn't much faster.

I'm waiting for that, too. I hope the rumor turns out to be true.
 
Maybe Round 3 takes place on Spa which will be implemented in the next update ? haha :D would be nice though
 
Maybe Round 3 takes place on Spa which will be implemented in the next update ? haha :D would be nice though

Not nice, it would be EPIC. Would definately be my favourite track for a long, long time.
 
/\ Wait was that track in a previos GT? Looked it up on google and the lay out looks way familiar. Like I did some grinding on that thing. Maybe in a 2000 Z28 RM/LM car.
 
already reported... in the appropriate forum.

Didn't see, sorry.

I also just took a look around, still didn't see a thread relating the GTA press release being connected to a better update than we expected, nor did I find the correct forum to post info on GT updates.
 
Will they fix the bug introduced with the last patch, making the RA functins on the DFGT broken?? That's all I'm really intersted in as I mostly do offline racing cause online people are ruining the experience for me personally... ALmost finished the game and my wheel functions are broken, Nice overlook there PD!! /sarcasm
 
Better hope the 1 Series M Coupe rolls along.

I've been wanting to tune a 1-Series but the 135i is a little ugly and the tii isn't much faster.

They all look like BMW's take on a clawfoot bathtub with a cabin on top, I don't see how a new front bumper and different wheels make all the difference... :)
 
First page just got updated, looks like I was right, the whole game is getting an update because of this, awesome! 👍
 
They all look like BMW's take on a clawfoot bathtub with a cabin on top, I don't see how a new front bumper and different wheels make all the difference... :)

35 more hp does for me.
 
Sounds like PD are just making more work for themselves. They are releasing patches to fix GT academy, then the next update will introduce GT Anywhere which will then need patching. I appreciate their efforts but they should focus on fixing what is there before introducing new features.

PD have lost the plot
 
By the way, the penalty system was ok in GT5P can´t understand why they removed it... I mean it was not perfect but was better than no penalty system...

Ohh yeah it was great to get a 5 second penalty after getting bumped on to the grass by an opponent, as if slowing down and losing control wasn't bad enough.

GT5P's penalty system was frustrating and maddening and got to the point the single player game was not fun. For time trial purposes I can understand it to avoid any advantage, but for regular a-spec/seasonal, leave it the way it is. You can already make it equivalent to GT5P in online racing anyway.

More than likely they are just gonna modify seasonal events so they can set GT Academy to have the same penalties as are available to be set (Strong) online.
 
Sounds like PD are just making more work for themselves. They are releasing patches to fix GT academy, then the next update will introduce GT Anywhere which will then need patching. I appreciate their efforts but they should focus on fixing what is there before introducing new features.

PD have lost the plot

What makes you think that they're only adding new features in this patch? There are usually no seperate patches for new features and bugfixes, they both just come in one patch. They probably have different teams working on new features and bugfixes as well so bugfixes wouldn't come any faster if they stopped adding new features. Remember with patch 1.05, lots of things got added/fixed that we didn't know about before it actually got released. Just have to wait and see what this patch will bring us.
 
I have no doubt the update will include bug fixes as well, but we know they are adding Gran Turismo Anywhere. Whether there is a separate team working on it or not, it still requires time and resources which could otherwise be allocated to patching existing issues.

To be honest an overhaul of the AI system would be the single most valuable update they could release, but they will never have time to do it if they keep releasing new content
 
Given their track record, it's probably going to be some sort of Mickey Mouse penalty system using 1996 technology, just as seen in the rally "Special Events."

No, it will be good and it will work. And it will never be used outside GT Academy. That is the PD way to do things.
 
Wishful thinking. I'd keep a minimal patch point of view. Best case scenario some mild various improvements. Nothing epic. I just found out GT5 is for sale $39. 30% off within 2 months.
 
I rather have more events and a better and competitive AI than a better penalty system
 
Back