Looks like there is a really good update coming soon.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT Motion
  • 63 comments
  • 9,149 views
I rather have more events and a better and competitive AI than a better penalty system

That's what I mean, we want better A-spec, they give more B-spec, we want damage fixed, they promise better penalties. Is this not a commercial comedy? Maybe we shoyld ask for less tracks and worse AI and more standard cars with slower menu loadtimes.
 
Choose city tracks for GT Academy did not seem very smart...

99% sure that they will improve the detection of collision (for penalty), and not the collision itself.
 
Given their track record, it's probably going to be some sort of Mickey Mouse penalty system using 1996 technology, just as seen in the rally "Special Events."

I'll eat my hat if driving into walls yields the same effect as in real driving, and same for driving off course as well.

I would be hard pressed to disagree with you.

That's what I mean, we want better A-spec, they give more B-spec, we want damage fixed, they promise better penalties. Is this not a commercial comedy? Maybe we shoyld ask for less tracks and worse AI and more standard cars with slower menu loadtimes.

Sorry if this double-posts before someone else replies after my previous post, but I agree with you as well.

I wish PD would fix the biggest 🤬 problems in the game first and foremost.

EDIT: can a Moderator merge these two posts (or can I do it somehow)?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason why we dont have a new patch is because there is no new Skyline or Miata to add.
 
I hope PD doesn't find out how much we love Nurb' Norschleife or the next patch might be to remove it and stick it on a shelf with Midfield, Apricot Hill, El Capitan etc. etc. and replace it with a different version of Crap Ring.
 
That's what I mean, we want better A-spec, they give more B-spec, we want damage fixed, they promise better penalties. Is this not a commercial comedy?


I feel exactly the same. For some reason your post had me immediately picturing PD as manuell in fawlty toweres. Completely usless at everything but alot of enthusiasm about it.
 
I do hope it includes a new set of cars. Reventon etc..
 
I do hope it includes a new set of cars. Reventon etc..

You what? huh? You have a game that has over 1000 cars and 99% of its features dont work as intended or advertised. But your number one priority is more cars?

All I can say is WOW. Apply for a job at PD as it seems you meet all the criteria they are looking for in people to sit in the office and make the important decisions.
 
I hope PD doesn't find out how much we love Nurb' Norschleife or the next patch might be to remove it and stick it on a shelf with Midfield, Apricot Hill, El Capitan etc. etc. and replace it with a different version of Crap Ring.

I reckon, keep that on the down low. PD seem to have a knack for giving us things we don't want. What's that, you want us to fix the AI and give you more tracks? Here, have Gran Turismo Anywhere instead.

Thanks PD, problem solved
 
You what? huh? You have a game that has over 1000 cars and 99% of its features dont work as intended or advertised. But your number one priority is more cars?

All I can say is WOW. Apply for a job at PD as it seems you meet all the criteria they are looking for in people to sit in the office and make the important decisions.

What do you expect from this update? The entire grinding method changes? New features? LOL..they save it for GT6! A minor changes is only thing they gonna add.

BTW, I drive 90% of my 300+ cars. Especially the Premium ones. It's fun to drive different cars with cockpit view.

And..on those 1000 cars, there is too many versions of Evo's, Skyline etc.
 
Im pretty sure it will end up getting updated a lot more than you think over the next 6 months or so.
 
EDIT: can a Moderator merge these two posts (or can I do it somehow)?

You can use multi-quote instead of double-posting in the first place. The twin speech balloon icons in the lower right hand corner allow multi-quotes.

If you want to edit to include a new quote, right-click the quote function under the new post to be quoted, then copy-paste that into the current post.

;)
 
Will they fix the bug introduced with the last patch, making the RA functins on the DFGT broken?? That's all I'm really intersted in as I mostly do offline racing cause online people are ruining the experience for me personally... ALmost finished the game and my wheel functions are broken, Nice overlook there PD!! /sarcasm

I know how you feel man...
I was level 27 and that happen to me, I had to start again.
I really hope they fix it.
 
Will they fix the bug introduced with the last patch, making the RA functins on the DFGT broken?? That's all I'm really intersted in as I mostly do offline racing cause online people are ruining the experience for me personally... ALmost finished the game and my wheel functions are broken, Nice overlook there PD!! /sarcasm

Doubt it is a bug. Most likely deliberate, now that the DFGT is old news and the Thrustmaster is the new official wheel.
 
I just want them to give me the Top Gear track. I bought the game the day it came out (pre-ordered), and half the reason was for that track, and I haven't been this excited since GT1, and I just hate those stupid buses.

I don't care if they do anything else. Just give me the track. :(
 
I just want them to give me the Top Gear track. I bought the game the day it came out (pre-ordered), and half the reason was for that track, and I haven't been this excited since GT1, and I just hate those stupid buses.

I don't care if they do anything else. Just give me the track. :(

I don't get it, do you mean you want them to give us standing starts?
 
I don't get it, do you mean you want them to give us standing starts?

No I mean, quite simply, that I want them to give me the track instead of making me crash into numerous hippy wagons to "earn" it.
 
Doubt it is a bug. Most likely deliberate, now that the DFGT is old news and the Thrustmaster is the new official wheel.

Perhaps, but as many including myself say, if you start a new game, the "bug" is gone, and the RA function works, but if you go into an online game with all the aids off and return to offline, it doesn't revert back to the way it was, kinda acts more like a bug of sorts than deliberate. Also the DFGT is not old news per se, it is also an official wheel as well... Anyway, hope it gets fixed as many in here have this problem as well, and not just in this forum either.
 
I see. Seriously though it doesn't take long to unlock it (although I agree those challenges are absolutely ridiculous).

Regardless though, the track is pointless without standing starts. In effect, they have created something that doesn't even exist because in real life it is used pretty much exclusively for standing start time trials. How PD overlooked this I have no idea, but its issues like this that lead me to believe we are never going to see any worthwhile updates.

If PD are content with such a blinding oversight, there is no hope for GT5
 
Last edited:
It will be an A-Spec-like event for Pikes Peak. New track and new continual rewards!
 
Didn't see, sorry. I also just took a look around, still didn't see a thread relating the GTA press release being connected to a better update than we expected, nor did I find the correct forum to post info on GT updates.
This notice is about the GT Academy, title on the GT website as 'Round 2 Cancellation Notice'. There is a Sub-forum on GT Planet called; GT Academy. In there is a thread - 'Round 2 Cancellation Notice' with all of the details.

Are people assuming that this is about 1.06, because that is not how I read it ?
 
Wishful thinking. I'd keep a minimal patch point of view. Best case scenario some mild various improvements. Nothing epic. I just found out GT5 is for sale $39. 30% off within 2 months.

Yiykes. I bought Modern Warfare 2 a YEAR after its release and was shocked that price had not changed.

(P.S. finished it on hard in 3 days. $60 for 3 days. GT5 has already given me much more entertainment for my money)
 
No I mean, quite simply, that I want them to give me the track instead of making me crash into numerous hippy wagons to "earn" it.

This made my day, thanks...
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
 
Yiykes. I bought Modern Warfare 2 a YEAR after its release and was shocked that price had not changed.

(P.S. finished it on hard in 3 days. $60 for 3 days. GT5 has already given me much more entertainment for my money)

There is kind of a difference considerinng one gives you a story and engages you in an emotional and mental personal journey and the other is driving cars in circles. I got one of those paddles with a rubber band and a ball attached to it that you can keep bouncing forever for $3 or something along time ago... I still have it and bounch the ball every now and then. I spent $20 to drive a gokart at the local track for 10 minutes.

I can't honestly say I got more entertainment for my $ out of the ball and paddle though...

I would recommend you take MW2 online but I hear online is pretty much ruined by hackers now... I probably got hundreds if not thousands of hours of constant fun from MW2 online.

The difference between GT5 and MW2 fun is that GT5 fun is like metal detecting... long boring/frustrating stints with really cool moments here and there and MW2 was pretty much a rollercoaster ride of WHHEEEEE!!!! The whole time.

/OT
 
I just want them to give me the Top Gear track. I bought the game the day it came out (pre-ordered), and half the reason was for that track, and I haven't been this excited since GT1, and I just hate those stupid buses.

I don't care if they do anything else. Just give me the track. :(

you should play Race07 for the PC. it has top gear test track. thats where i learned the layout and how to drive it. i've watched the in car cams and i couldnt figure out the track layout until i drove on it.
though i still dont get all the fuse its that track i hate the most, i GT5 or Race07.

back on topic:
i do think we are going to see some "big" improvements in this latest update. Kaz had already mentioned a february update a bit back. in the first few updates they fixed the easiest quickest bugs to fix. now over 2months later some of the "bigger" or more difficult to fix bugs have been worked out. thats what im assuming anyways, or hoping for atleast. maybe a car or two converted from standard to premium; another car that can be RMed; because i still cant believe that a person like Kaz that is so in love with japan didnt make the GTR '07 an RM car.

BTW GT5 price in canada is steady at $60
 
You can use multi-quote instead of double-posting in the first place. The twin speech balloon icons in the lower right hand corner allow multi-quotes.

If you want to edit to include a new quote, right-click the quote function under the new post to be quoted, then copy-paste that into the current post.

;)

Cheers for that 👍

I replied to one post, then once that was posted I noticed another I wanted to reply to. Never thought about c+p at the time though tbf.
 
Whilst this is good news I still cannot help but think this shouldn't of needed patching because it should of already been sorted before GT5 was released.

When it comes to racing games these days their are two important features that must come as standard. These are a fully working penalty system to prevent corner cutting, and wallbashing and an abundance of leaderboards. Take for example Forza 2, on this game the leaderboards were completely ruined because of cheating but thankfully Turn 10 acknowledged this and implemented a new system for Forza 3. Now corner cutting, wallbashing shouldn't of been a surprise to PD because this occured on GT5P.

Sorry but the GT Academy exposes how naive and inexperienced PD actually are. If I was employed by PD as a tester I would throughly tested all tracks on GT5 and exposed any weaknesses in the penalty system. Reason I say this is because i've hotlapped on many racing games for many years now and know what tricks some gamers will use to get on top of the leaderboards.
 
Whilst this is good news I still cannot help but think this shouldn't of needed patching because it should of already been sorted before GT5 was released.

When it comes to racing games these days their are two important features that must come as standard. These are a fully working penalty system to prevent corner cutting, and wallbashing and an abundance of leaderboards. Take for example Forza 2, on this game the leaderboards were completely ruined because of cheating but thankfully Turn 10 acknowledged this and implemented a new system for Forza 3. Now corner cutting, wallbashing shouldn't of been a surprise to PD because this occured on GT5P.

Sorry but the GT Academy exposes how naive and inexperienced PD actually are. If I was employed by PD as a tester I would throughly tested all tracks on GT5 and exposed any weaknesses in the penalty system. Reason I say this is because i've hotlapped on many racing games for many years now and know what tricks some gamers will use to get on top of the leaderboards.

I've noticed that also. Conventional tests and industrial trends must've been either ignored or not analyzed in alot of departments. Items anyone could have discovered and pointed out. Strange. I think they could use some unbiased input from experienced gamers like you, I just doubt it would be allowed for some odd "culture gap" reason that I don't understand.
 
Slightly overtopic, but seeing as how the tire-marks on Trial mountain extend quite a ways onto the grass, I'm pretty sure that's an implicit acknowledgement that people cut corners.

The sad thing is, GT5P got it almost perfect. the 5 second penalty, much as people hated it, kept people honest. The A-Spec balancing kept cars competitive. Why they dropped that system instead of refining it is beyond me.

Here's hoping the next update will introduce time penalties tied to more corners and dynamic A-Spec balancing again. Or not. Whatever.
 
Back