Looping When Trying To Load Game After 2.10 Udate *FIXED*

Are you having the looping problems after 2.10 update

• Total voters
I guess that kind of confirms that issues lie with the update then and I think your out of luck until PD comes along with a fix.

Sorry mate and has for contacting PD I think you do it through the normal channels of there site?
http://uk.playstation.com/contact-us/
Chat soon bye for now.:)

EDIT Sorry thats UK link but it will be something on the same lines for the US folk.:D

Alright, thanks for all your help my friend. Guess I'm just screwed for now. Thanks PD, thanks alot.

I tried deleting every car in my garage bar the couple I want to trade... still no joy. Seems to be stuck in a "saving data" loop. HDD light seems almost constantly on.

Complete PITA.

Or it may of been sligthly interupted the update for a split second while updating making it appear that the update is at fault?

^This Happens! I had it happen when I had to run through ALL the updates when I received my Euro disc in the mail, also had the same thing happen in TDU2..

Cargo, I have had the save loop problem also, my solution was that I was in a car that came with an update (Aventador) , I deleted the update data, got in a "original" car offline, saved my data, then did the update and all was well.. Yes this did come from trial and error..

PS TO CARGORAT--- I know it's far from usual for us to agree on things but best of luck to you getting this fixed, I know if I lost ability to use my main account "The Pride and Joy" I would be pissed

^This Happens! I had it happen when I had to run through ALL the updates when I received my Euro disc in the mail, also had the same thing happen in TDU2..

Cargo, I have had the save loop problem also, my solution was that I was in a car that came with an update (Aventador) , I deleted the update data, got in a "original" car offline, saved my data, then did the update and all was well.. Yes this did come from trial and error..

PS TO CARGORAT--- I know it's far from usual for us to agree on things but best of luck to you getting this fixed, I know if I lost ability to use my main account "The Pride and Joy" I would be pissed

Thanks. I was in a borrowed car on my secondary account at the time of update, which, as I said, that account is working fine. On my main, which is not working, I was in a ellise.

I just have to wait to see if they are going to fix it.

Judging by how they seemingly messed up the PP system, if they don't come out with a fix, I'm going to be pretty much done playing anyway. Seems like they completely messed that up too. In my opinion, this update has pretty much been a huge failure. Whatever tho, I've got other games. Life goes on.

Last edited:
Quick fix delete game data but make sure it's not game save data. Then start gt5 and it will work.

No, it will not. If you had bothered to read my posts, I've already tried that. Thanks however for the suggestion.

Didn't something like this happen in a previous update?

The only thing you could do is wait for PD to patch the bug.

My Brother's ps3 is likely still on 2.09

Next time I see him I'll use his ps3 to load my save,
Buy some cars (so the save is re-written)

Then try load it up on 2.10.

Interesting...

I go to account managment / transaction managment / downloads and that is what I found.

The Corvette file its corrupt. Maybe is the base of the problem..

8386262075_37401f19ff_z.jpg

Interesting...

I go to account managment / transaction managment / downloads and that is what I found.

The Corvette file its corrupt. Maybe is the base of the problem..

8386262075_37401f19ff_z.jpg

That's a missing image, which isn't the same as a corrupt file.

My Brother's ps3 is likely still on 2.09

Next time I see him I'll use his ps3 to load my save,
Buy some cars (so the save is re-written)

Then try load it up on 2.10.

Ttried that Pr1vate, it didn't work for me. I think it has something to do with something on my dave file. So far, its happening to like 10-12 people that I know of.

One guy even deleted a bunch of his cars thinking that maybe it was a car that was causing the problem and that didn't work either. Its got to be something on people's save file thats causing the issue. Like I said, I can go back to 2.09 and everything is fine, just can't go online.

How long did you wait at the looping?

just tryed my main/old account with 1800cars, took about 5mins to get from GT logo to the main menu, new accout with 160 cars i cant notice any diffence in load times.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue. And to make it worse it somehow reverted to the original release and now has locked my game save, I can't try and upload my backup save to see if it works.

just tryed my main/old account with 1800cars, took about 5mins to get from GT logo to the main menu, new accout with 160 cars i cant notice any diffence in load times.

Left mine going for 20mins, have 1020 cars still no good

Cargo, maybe you could make a list in your op of everything you tried for others who run into this problem. Seems like you have it isolated to something particular to your gamesave that is not compatible with 2.10 since your other gamesave worked ok.

I'm guessing you tried the whole process with no DLC on your machine at some point here, if not I would try that.

You could go back to 2.09, back up the hard drive. and then try making changes to the gamesave and upgrading (changing to different cars, etc). Maybe you will stumble onto something that works.
Maybe first try doing the cache delete thing in GT5 options before the upgrade to see if that does anything.

You could also go back farther and make like a 2.06 gamesave etc and try upgrading with that version of your gamesave.

I have several PS3's and accounts/gamesaves and I'm guessing I will hit this problem at some point so very curious if you find a fix.

Left mine going overnight while I slept. Woke up about 4 hours later to use the restroom and it was still looping so I just shut it off. I have just under 1000 cars on that account.

I've been sitting here trying to think what could be the difference between my main that doesn't work and my secondary that does and I just can't come up with anything except for maybe the size or the number of items thats on my main. I've thought about the glitch tickets that were recently distributed as I did take part in that but quickly ruled that out because there would be a whole lot more people having the same problem.

When I reverted back to 2.09, I changed the car I was in and even deleted a bunch of cars, paints, and other items to bring my item count down, which was holding at 7000. That didn't help. When I went to load that new save onto 2.10, still had the same problem. I am really baffled at this point as to what it could be. I just know that the number of people having this same problem keeps growing.

I have reported the problem and if everybody else does the same thing that also has this problem, maybe, just maybe they will fix it.

Anyways, if anyone else comes up with anything, please share it here and maybe we can figure it out ourselves. Thanks guys for all the communications.

I feel a bit silly suggesting this, but have you tried cleaning the GT5 disc yet?

Hmm one should think 4hours is enough......

tryed deleting your savedata and then load the game on your main account?

I feel a bit silly suggesting this, but have you tried cleaning the GT5 disc yet?

I used a brand new disc that I had a copy of.

@UnshavenYapper: Done that.

Like I've said, my GTP account works fine and always had. Its when I logged into my main that the problems began. I can play on GTP account just fine. Thats why I think it has something to do (some item or something) with my main game save. Something that is on that save is holding it up. And its got to be the same thing thats holding others up aswell. If we could just figure out the common ground between us all having the same problem, I think we can figure something out.

Last edited:
try this....
1.save your saved game data into a pendrive.
2.delete your saved data from the console.
3.start the game and dont use your backkup, star it like a new game.
4.install the game data and wait.
5.when finish the installation, go back to XMB.
6.copy your old game saved data and start the game again.
hope this help pal.... good luck

try this....
1.save your saved game data into a pendrive.
2.delete your saved data from the console.
3.start the game and dont use your backkup, star it like a new game.
4.install the game data and wait.
5.when finish the installation, go back to XMB.
6.copy your old game saved data and start the game again.
hope this help pal.... good luck

Did that. Nothing.

Ah sorry for the PM mate. I didn't see this thread yet.:ouch:

The only other thing that comes to mind is clearing system cache before trying to download the update. I didn't see that listed in the O.P?

Sorry to read you're still having this issue.:(

starting a new wil work, but start a new game?!?!? That is not in my vocabulary.
lucky that my problem was solved simply download all updates. but if I were to start a new game, I prefer to sell the console and never play again. I have this game since it came out and the work that has given me collect my cars and get to where I am, not worth starting a new game ...

So did it work on your old account when you started a new game?

Yes, but when I loaded my game save, it started looping again.

Going back to 2.09 again to delete some more things to see if it helps. I know it will load as I've done this already, just can't go online because of the auto update.

Last edited:
What about deleting the problematic PSN account from your PS3, then adding it again and restoring your saves? Only other thing I could suggest is this, I know you probably won't want to do it but it's an option. I could resign your gamesave to work with another PSN account, letting you keep all your cars and items. I know it's screwing around a bit, but it would be a shame if you lost all your stuff because of a dodgy update.

What about deleting the problematic PSN account from your PS3, then adding it again and restoring your saves? Only other thing I could suggest is this, I know you probably won't want to do it but it's an option. I could resign your gamesave to work with another PSN account, letting you keep all your cars and items. I know it's screwing around a bit, but it would be a shame if you lost all your stuff because of a dodgy update.

I tried your first option aswell and nothing.

What do we need to do to get your second option to work? I need to create a whole new account, then have you make it work with that one? Details of what needs to be done. I've already sent my save to someone else and they get the same thing that I've been getting.

Ok, it's pretty simple to resign your save, what I need is this:

Logon to whatever account you want to use for your GT5 save, make a savegame with any game other than GT5 and put it on a USB drive, zip it up & email me it.

Send me the GT5 save you wish to be resigned to the new account.

I will PM you an email address to send both saves to, if you don't want to do this no problem and just ignore the PM.

Ok, it's pretty simple to resign your save, what I need is this:

Logon to whatever account you want to use for your GT5 save, make a savegame with any game other than GT5 and put it on a USB drive, zip it up & email me it.

Send me the GT5 save you wish to be resigned to the new account.

I will PM you an email address to send both saves to, if you don't want to do this no problem and just ignore the PM.

PM sent

Back