Los Santos 4x4 - General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 174 comments
As soon as I have my PC running again (probably in about 1 - 2 weeks), I'll be reinstalling GTA V, and probably try out the "offroad experience" with my G27.

Gonna add you asap, @Eunos_Cosmo
Speaking of G27, do you use yours in conjunction with a controller? I'm using a DS4 to play currently and want to use my G27 and not sure if the two will work together.

Speaking of G27, do you use yours in conjunction with a controller? I'm using a DS4 to play currently and want to use my G27 and not sure if the two will work together.

I'm using it in conjunction with my keyboard and mouse. Considering that you will have to use a program that essentially simulates a XBOX controller, I'm not 100% sure that it would work, simply because of the nature of that emulator. :indiff:

I'm using it in conjunction with my keyboard and mouse. Considering that you will have to use a program that essentially simulates a XBOX controller, I'm not 100% sure that it would work, simply because of the nature of that emulator. :indiff:
I use a DS4 specific program, wonder if it would clash with the Xbox program for the G27.

I use a DS4 specific program, wonder if it would clash with the Xbox program for the G27.

Maybe, I can't really comment on that. Maybe GTA V differentiates between a PS and a XBOX controller, maybe it doesn't. Just give it a shot! :)

I used this video to set up my G27 for GTA V

Merryweather Mesa and BJ XL with raised ride height and suspension travel.

2015-08-07_00001.jpg
2015-08-08_00002.jpg
2015-08-08_00003.jpg

Oh yes I did. Hopefully the creator can get all the lights working so we can have daytime at night. :D

I added:
  • Brawler engine sounds
  • Edited handling.meta for:
    • Low speed traction
    • 50/50 driveline split
    • Adjusted traction loss while wheel is off the ground (this fixes the no lockers problem)
    • Suspension travel. (I may bring this back down a tad)
    • Converted to 6-speed
    • Adjusted weight to 2700kg.

2015-09-08_00002.jpg
2015-09-08_00003.jpg

@R1600Turbo What is your opinion of the Insurgent? Is it too powerful, or does it feel right? I think it's a little unrealistic for a massive, armored truck, but it's extremely fun to drive. I hope there's some really cool mods for it soon.

Haven't driven it.

I highly suggest you try it out. You won't find it in singleplayer because R* is stupid, but since you're on PC, you can spawn both versions (SUV and Pickup with the .50 cal turret) with a trainer. It's a blast to drive, and can survive after several blasts. ;)

Still messing with the handling file for this thing. It can climb ok, but still having the "no lockers" issue where one wheel off the ground causes the opposite wheel to spin. Thought that adjusting the traction loss settings when a wheel is off the ground would fix it, but no go. :irked:

2015-09-09_00001.jpg

This thing rocks. Going to talk to the creator and see if he can add some mods to it like a light bar and some items in the roof rack. 👍

Edit: Oh and I changed the engine sounds to those from the Rancher XL to get a diesel-like sound from it.

2015-10-31_00002.jpg

20180218000854_1.jpg

So I posted this image elsewhere but thought I would bump this thread with some findings. Some might remember a while ago I was trying to find a way to get 4x4 vehicles to "crawl" better. Low speeds, better suspension travel, etc. Never really figured any of that out, but messing around last night I downloaded the Menyoo trainer and it has vehicle multipliers for Acceleration, Braking/Reverse and Traction. Using the Jeep above, I put the Acceleration on 6 and the Traction on 20. Seemed to be a lot better. Climbing steep, smooth hills at crawling speed is a breeze. Jumping traction up to 100 helps with crawling over objects, but I wouldn't use it for anything but doing that.

BUT, no matter what the "open differential" is still there. Lift a tire off the ground and good luck getting anywhere. Really wish I knew coding so I could try and fix it. I think if I could get some extra travel out of the suspension to keep all 4 tires on the ground it might help? Not sure. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Went for a little trail drive. May have gotten it a bit dirty. Didn't wash it before saving and quitting, but going to bet when I fire up the game again it will be clean. Hopefully not.

20180303203843_1.jpg

Back