Los Santos Tours

Jamaica
Ocho Rios
Marcus__Garvey

LS_TOUR.png

Graphic Design Credit goes to OwensRacing

As everyone knows, Los Santos is a rather condensed and varied version of the City of Los Angeles. The city is filled with a rich history and many of the structures you see in films and on TV are located in the area. Many of these places are recreated in detail in GTA V, which is why a lot of the city may look familiar.

If you've ever wondered how tall the Maze Bank building is, or what that new skyscraper under construction downtown is to become; come and join us on The Los Santos tour. Why did they call it Weasel Plaza? Why is that apartment called Eclipse Towers when there is only one tower? You'll find out all of that, and have some fun sightseeing around the city.

So come and quench your curiosity and find out some cool bits about the tall buildings and many others. The tour will detail the real life identities of the buildings in town, along with their real life facts, features, and history. Enjoy a scenic tour of the wonderful architecture and history of a city recreated on your television set.

The best part is; you don't have to be a part of any crew and you don't have to have anyone on your friends list. Rooms are typically held to accommodate multiple crews and folks with no crew membership. There are no prerequisites, and nothing required of you. Attend and enjoy.

Next Tour Scheduled to Leave From Pershing Square Today Monday 11th Sept at approximately 8PM EDT!

No blades, no bows, leaves your weapons holstered.

Last edited:
Highly recommend the Tour of Los Santos with your host Marcus.

Marcus is a fluid speaker that is easily understood and has a vast knowledge. Quite the investment has been made to ensure accurate info on said tours. As well any questions about the town can probably be answered by the host.

While on the surface Los Santos may seem like a digital play ground for mayhem and shenanigans. What tends to go unnoticed is the shear quality in replicating an iconic city. Getting to know this side of Grand Theft Auto V will allow players of all ages and all types to more greatly appreciate the city they live in virtually.

Looking forward to seeing GTP members on the tour and getting to spend some time with you all.

Much appreciation for supporting the efforts of all our members.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words and all the help setting this up, Owens.

And thank you to all in attendance.

Last edited:
I'm not free yet, but send me an invite when you see me log in. I know Marcus has spent some time on this, it's definitely got my interest peaked!

That was fascinating. I felt like I was inside the Discovery Channel. :lol:

Seriously, I quite enjoyed it. A very relaxing change of pace from my usual nightly romp through Los Santos. Marcus really put some time into the research, he kept my attention completely. I specially enjoyed all the "tourist" facts with the movies and famous people references. I recommend trying this to all of GTPlanet. 👍

As always, enjoyed myself. Being the pilot and hearing the info again. I just absorb more and more.

Looking forward to piloting others through the city on this amazing informative tour.

I would like to start off with thanks to everyone in attendance. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves at least a little, and thank you to Owens for the tour transport and keeping us on track.

The first tour date on Wednesday was a pilot runthrough of the Tall Building itinerary. With the group we had I decided to abridge the curriculum and we completed the tour in about half the time we would on a normal tour.

For those not in attendance, the group met at La Puerta and borded a Blackhawk piloted by Owens for the guided tour of the tall buildings in Bunker Hill and throughout Los Angeles. The Tall Building itinerary is mostly an air tour, as that is the best way to experience the architecture of Bunker Hill. The tour also will land at various locations throughout the tour to snap some photos, explore around, and get a better sense of the prominence of the buildings from a ground view. If time allows and interest persists, we can always take a road tour of the locations in our own vehicles or the tour bus.

Future tour itineraries exist as well, including a tour of the many town Theatres(this is Hollywood, after all) as well as the South Broadway Historic District, significant homes, folk art sites, and many others. We only had a chance to experience the tip of the iceberg with the last group, so I hope to see some more of you folks as we get to explore and gain a better understanding of the virtual world around our avatars.

Last edited:
Hollywood Theatre Cruise, Tour & Car Show

Come and join us this evening for a cruise of the various Stages and Cinemas of the Westwood Village, South Broadway, and Hollywood Theatre Districts.

This is Hollywood, so bring your movie car mimicks, your photogenic phaetons, and your lavish limousines. No Restrictions. Everyone is welcome.

We'll meet in Westwood Village, and take a cruise past the City's many theatres and culminate in a car show at the Holywood Bowl.

Drinks and Entertainment to follow.

Last edited:
I got disconnected while flying a chopper, but I lost control of my avatar for about 10 seconds before it booted me. My avatar bailed from the chopper without spawning a chute and I could hear the chopper spinning out of control. :lol:

I hope more people show interest in these tours, I quite enjoy learning all these trivial facts about the similarities between Los Santos and real world. It really adds a life-like quality to the gaming experience. Plus, tonight may have been the longest GTAV session I've played while screwing around Los Santos having fun with others without ever having to fire a shot in self defense. :D 👍

I with you Mudd. I play with Marcus several nights a week and he never ceases to educate me in some manner. His uncanny ability to convey knowledge with out being a know it all is what makes learning from him enjoyable.

Highly recommend all make some time to take the tours and enjoy Marcus' knowledge. It's educational but in a very fun manner.

Their was several theaters I didn't know existed let alone the history of.

San Andreas Folk Art Cruise & Tour

Next tour leaves

Tonite 4th September, 2014

Bring your creative cars for a cruise throughout San Andreas visiting many of the examples of folk art found in California and across the world.

However you get there; if you have to foot it, cab it, iron horse it over it Pershing Square(Legion Square) in Bunker Hill(Pillbox Hill) and enjoy the sights of the San Andreas public art scene. We'll take a cruise to many landmark pieces, with a car show to follow.

The event will be held in a GTP Crew Session, and all crew members are free to join.

More tours to come.​

Last edited:
Thank you to all in attendance. I hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as I did. We had a fun cruise reaching all around the map and a wonderful car show. There are pictures kicking around right now, and I will have some up tomorrow as well.

Next tour leaves

Tomorrow 4th September, 2014

This is very interesting - I haven't seen anything like this before! How many people attend on average? I've been keeping an eye on this and have been interested to join. I would love to try and attend your next session, if possible. I do have one question though.
you don't have to be a part of any crew and you don't have to have anyone on your friends list. There are no prerequisites, and nothing required of you. Attend and enjoy.
However, I noticed in this post you said:
The event will be held in a GTP Crew Session, and all crew members are free to join.​
Just curious if this is actually a normal situation, and if it would be better if I joined the GTP crew. Personally, I'd rather not, but it certainly isn't too big of a deal.

Thought I'd show up for this one but then read...
We're actually still still arriving at Pershing Square. Feel free to join.
Right now it's 2:10pm in the UK. So I guess if I'm there tonight, you guys won't be.
An estimated tour time would be appreciated for future tours.

Just curious if this is actually a normal situation, and if it would be better if I joined the GTP crew. Personally, I'd rather not, but it certainly isn't too big of a deal.
Seeing as you can be members of several crews at a time it's an easy switch. Joining GTP crew shouldn't throw you out of your existing one. Just activate as active crew in the options menu.

This is very interesting - I haven't seen anything like this before! How many people attend on average? I've been keeping an eye on this and have been interested to join. I would love to try and attend your next session, if possible. I do have one question though.

Attendance has varied. We've done tours with as few as 4 guests, and as many as 8 so far. The format can accommodate a full room. Most of the tours are also a cruise where everyone can bring their cars or ride along with others, although at least one of the tours is an air tour where transportation is provided. We also may do a bus tour at some point, but that hasn't happened yet.

You do not have to join the GTP Crew. The first couple of tours were held in invite sessions, which don't require any specific crew and that is what my original post refers to. I will update that, as since then the tours have been held in a room that can accommodate multiple crews, or if you have no crew membership. Last night's tour we had members from two crews join, as the LSAT crew and GTP crew overlap with a number of folks being members of both. So, no crew membership is required; I only need to set the room to allow others not in the GTP crew. That is what we did last night to allow both crews in the same room.

It does make it easier for you to find the room if someone from your crew or friends list is in the session, however.

Thought I'd show up for this one but then read...

Right now it's 2:10pm in the UK. So I guess if I'm there tonight, you guys won't be.
An estimated tour time would be appreciated for future tours.

Tour start times vary. Tonight's tour is scheduled to begin between 8 and 9PM EDT. There is typically more notice than provided for yesterday and today's tours, and I usually try to post the next tour date a couple of days in advance. There are also weekend tours which may fit your schedule better. I'll have something posted in the next day or so for this weekend that may be more agreeable for your time zone.

Next tour leaves

Room Will Open between 8 & 9PM EDT

As well, we have other tours being scheduled for the future featuring the tall buildings, theatre districts, as well as many other landmarks. If you have a specific interest, feel free to inquire as I am working on other themes as well.

Last edited:
Should I send a FR to you, Marcus?
I am a GTP crew member but I have trouble joining crew or crew sessions.

You can if you like; regardless I can send you an invite either way if you have difficulty joining.

If anyone has trouble joining, let me know and I can send an invite.

Awesome.Please send an invite to driftinziggy2 when the room is ready.

I certainly will.

Next tour leaves from Santa Monica

The tour will begin after 8:30PM EDT when guests have arrived.

Last edited:
Probably the best lobbies I've ever joined. Everything was very much enjoyable, from the tour, the car show, and just the atmosphere of it all.
I think I brought too many cars to the car show though - I'll be sure to cut down on it next time! :lol:

Here's some snapmatics of the tour.
0_0.jpg

@OwensRacing 's Surge in the background.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

A valued UPS Post OP customer!

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

@Marcus Garvey giving me info while on the tour.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Back