Losing CRB at the 4 big grinding races

Greece
Greece
Loosing CRB is a bit frustrating for players who are doing the 4 big griding races to gather as much credits possible in order to catch up expensive cars at LCD or whatever other reason.
Today i realise ( had a discussion about it ) that things are changed when you ignore yellow flags.
Few months ago you just getting a time penalty ( 3 seconds) and that's all.

Now its different, you get and time penalty but you also LOOSE the CRB.

This is from today test at La Sarthe, i pass two cars deliberately , get 6 seconds penalty and at the end didn't get the CRB.
IMG_20231229_193430768.jpg

Perhaps that is a change that came together with B spec update ( i guess).

My apologies to all the members that i inform wrong and hope to see this .

I guess this applies to all the 4 griding races now .

So if someone have something to add for each one of these 4 races is good to write about it and of course just for those races ONLY.
La Sarthe, Spa , Sartegna and Tokyo so newcomers and not only to be aware of what is the status that causes loose the CRB.

Just need to be currently and not from what we remember because things are subject to change after updates as happens lately with the big one well-known as B spec.

At Spa you can only lose the clean race bonus for overtaking under yellow, nothing else.

Mind you, it has been this way for a really long time. I don't remember when I last did the Spa race, and it was a thing back then. 2022 for sure.

Last edited:
Don't ignore Yellow, blue, black and red flags.

Obviously we don't have black and red flags in GT

But yellow and blue things have always been present.

I moaned about this a while back (not the fact there is a penalty, more how it's calculated. Here is the vid)

The margins are super fine (this is an online race in sport mode with championship rules on)

At Spa you can only lose the clean race bonus for overtaking under yellow, nothing else.

Mind you, it has been this way for a really long time. I don't remember when I last did the Spa race, and it was a thing back then. 2022 for sure.
In the past 6-7 months ago it was like this and lt happens to me at La Sarthe race.
But somewhere after some update change that ( don't know when ), last time i ignore yellow flags was about 3 months ago and the same happens to other players that i know and you didn't loose CRB.
Now it's different, you loose it anyway .
That's why am asking from currently status and not how it was .

Also am not aware what happens at Tokyo since this race had special treatment due to various glitches that occurs there from time to time.

So it will be good if someone knows to write about it from current situation and not from what remember from the past.

In the past 6-7 months ago it was like this and lt happens to me at La Sarthe race.
But somewhere after some update change that ( don't know when ), last time i ignore yellow flags was about 3 months ago and the same happens to other players that i know and you didn't loose CRB.
Now it's different, you loose it anyway .
That's why am asking from currently status and not how it was .

Also am not aware what happens at Tokyo since this race had special treatment due to various glitches that occurs there from time to time.

So it will be good if someone knows to write about it from current situation and not from what remember from the past.
Don't ignore yellow flags?

I mean they are there to stop you smashing in to an unghosted AI car. Just wait another corner to overtake? It's not hard to show a bit of restraint.

Don't ignore yellow flags?

I mean they are there to stop you smashing in to an unghosted AI car. Just wait another corner to overtake? It's not hard to show a bit of restraint.
Its not about " sportsmanship" , you can pass a car at high speed cause yellow flag warning light up and you can't brake or whatever.

We just Search the reasons that cause the loss of CRB whatever they are and not if are fair , unfair, the why and the logic explanation behind them .

Its not about " sportsmanship" , you can pass a car at high speed cause yellow flag warning light up and you can't brake or whatever.

We just Search the reasons that cause the loss of CRB whatever they are and not if are fair , unfair, the why and the logic explanation behind them .
Did you watch my video?

Also high speed is not an excuse if it happens to you regularly. You aren't watching what's happening in front of you or reacting well enough.

It's your clean race bonus you are losing not mine so I don't care that much. Was just offering some advice.

The rules haven't changed since the 1940s mate, you can't pass under yellows and if you "accidentally do" you give the place back and slow down.

I mean it's the rules of racing and this is a racing game?

Loosing CRB is a bit frustrating for players who are doing the 4 big griding races to gather as much credits possible in order to catch up expensive cars at LCD or whatever other reason.
Today i realise ( had a discussion about it ) that things are changed when you ignore yellow flags.
Few months ago you just getting a time penalty ( 3 seconds) and that's all.

Now its different, you get and time penalty but you also LOOSE the CRB.

This is from today test at La Sarthe, i pass two cars deliberately , get 6 seconds penalty and at the end didn't get the CRB.
View attachment 1315106

Perhaps that is a change that came together with B spec update ( i guess).

My apologies to all the members that i inform wrong and hope to see this .

I guess this applies to all the 4 griding races now .

So if someone have something to add for each one of these 4 races is good to write about it and of course just for those races ONLY.
La Sarthe, Spa , Sartegna and Tokyo so newcomers and not only to be aware of what is the status that causes loose the CRB.

Just need to be currently and not from what we remember because things are subject to change after updates as happens lately with the big one well-known as B spec.
smoothbore12 I don't think the losing the crb has change with this race, last time I lost the crb at le man for passing under yellow was back in June.

Did you watch my video?

Also high speed is not an excuse if it happens to you regularly. You aren't watching what's happening in front of you or reacting well enough.

It's your clean race bonus you are losing not mine so I don't care that much. Was just offering some advice.

The rules haven't changed since the 1940s mate, you can't pass under yellows and if you "accidentally do" you give the place back and slow down.

I mean it's the rules of racing and this is a racing game?
Look i agree with you and i don't want to have an argument about it.

I open this thread for reasons that cause the loss of CRB in the well-known 4 griding races and ONLY for them .
Its on first post .
I thik there is a misunderstanding there.
Isn't about online,or other races of the game of any kind.
Isn't about racing rules , penalties,dirty or clean driving or whatever.

At Tokyo you pass ( as am aware since I don't play it ) the white line at the end of back straight and you loose CRB, you hit another AI and you loose CRB but that doesn't apply to the other 3 races , am i right ?
Also you can shave all the walls but you didn't loose CRB ,am i right again ?
I think i am unless something changed and an not aware of it .

That's what is about and i think i was specific to what i ask for .

REASONS THAT CAUSE THE LOOS OF CRB AT THOSE 4 RACES
La Sarthe
Spa
Sartegna
Tokyo.

smoothbore12 I don't think the losing the crb has change with this race, last time I lost the crb at le man for passing under yellow was back in June.
And this one was from September that didn't cause the loss of CRB as was and others that didn't have on vid .

Also somewhere back at start of summer or a bit further, it happens to me to lose it once cause of that but somewhere in the update " road " changed.
And now ( i suspect the last update )it changed again and i know it very well .
It's not the first time that i ignore yellow flags accidentally or deliberately doesn't matter.

I thik there is a misunderstanding there.
Isn't about online,or other races of the game of any kind.
Isn't about racing rules , penalties,dirty or clean driving or whatever.
But mate that is why you lose CRB?

I mean don't hit cars, hit walls or pass under yellow flags. Not rocket science or unique to those races 🤷‍♂️

Pretty sure I’ve always lost CRB for passing on a yellow flag, regardless of the race. If memory serves correctly it was the only way to lose CRB at Sarthe, Sardegna and Spa? Unless they changed it recently then changed it back to how it was when I was grinding?

Tokyo: Don’t hit the AI. Even a light brush early in the race will lose the CRB. Also, don’t cross the while line at the hairpin on the outside (by the cones) and the inside (right side by the barrier on the exit)

Sardegna, Spa, LeMans: Don’t pass on yellow flags. I do not believe there are any course restrictions that would cause you to lose the CRB, but you will get time penalties for going outside of the track at Spa and Le Mans. Not sure if you can get a time penalty at Sardegna.

Edit: I’ve run Tokyo countless times and have never seen a yellow flag there.

Last edited:
Tokyo: Don’t hit the AI. Even a light brush early in the race will lose the CRB. Also, don’t cross the while line at the hairpin on the outside (by the cones) and the inside (right side by the barrier on the exit)
Incorrect. I've run Tokyo a lot recently, and there are contradictions here.

First off, you can cut the inside of the hairpin. It will give you a penalty, but you do not lose the CRB for it.

And while you should always avoid the AI, I've gotten away with the lightest of bumps to the rear of the AI and got away with it.

The tagline of Gran Turismo is "The Real Driving Simulator".
In real life, overtaking under yellow flag is stricly forbidden and nobody does.
(we shouldn't be able to wall ride, but that's another topic).

It sounds legit that the same rule about yellow flag is applied in GT7.
Losing virtual credits isn't so important: restart the race, be more careful (we are supposed to control our car) and enjoy the cash :cheers:

First off, you can cut the inside of the hairpin. It will give you a penalty, but you do not lose the CRB for it.

And while you should always avoid the AI, I've gotten away with the lightest of bumps to the rear of the AI and got away with it.
Track limit penalties are ok, collision penalties (wall/barrier) are not.

AI touching is fine if you aren't ramming them. You can force up the inside and rear end them and it's fine. Also if they hit you then all is good.

You have to obey flags though (only yellow as Blue isn't enforced in the game)

Generally speaking you should avoid hitting the AI at all costs. I too have brushed a couple cars and still got the CRB but those light taps generally occur late in the race (lap 9 or 10). At the same time, there are no clearly defined rules on when and how hard you can hit the AI, so the rule of “don’t hit the AI” still stands until further testing is done.

As for cutting the hairpin, I said on the outside by the cones and the inside on the exit. I did not mention the inside at corner entry. If you can cut that without losing your CRB, then my rules still stand.

So far seems that at La Sarthe, Spa and Sartegna the only reason to loose CRB is ignoring the yellow flags and we all agree to that.

On the other hand at Tokyo seems that yellow flags never show up ( i never read something about it either) but have other reasons that cause the loss of it.
Just need to clarify them at current state but since i never play it am not the right person to write about it .

So far seems that at La Sarthe, Spa and Sartegna the only reason to loose CRB is ignoring the yellow flags and we all agree to that.

On the other hand at Tokyo seems that yellow flags never show up ( i never read something about it either) but have other reasons that cause the loss of it.
Just need to clarify them at current state but since i never play it am not the right person to write about it .
Agreed.

Maybe there is something at Tokyo, I don't do it much as I prefer Sardegna so any Tokyo nuance is probably there.

As for cutting the hairpin, I said on the outside by the cones and the inside on the exit. I did not mention the inside at corner entry. If you can cut that without losing your CRB, then my rules still stand.
Okay, but how on earth would ever get into that position? You'd almost deliberately need to spin, and even then, super sharp :lol:

Last edited:
I suspect that it has to do with the duration of the yellow flag phases. They usually just last for a few seconds. As I said in another thread, I did pass a few cars under (or maybe after) yellow 'cause I couldn't slow down fast enough on the wet track and I didn't loose CRB.

@newmedia_dev Pls don't compare real racing to this game. It's different. Penalties often seem rather random in this game, at least at single player races. Best example are track limits. You may or may not get a penalty. It's pretty much a 50/50 chance.

@newmedia_dev Pls don't compare real racing to this game. It's different. Penalties often seem rather random in this game, at least at single player races. Best example are track limits. You may or may not get a penalty. It's pretty much a 50/50 chance
It is not chance....

It's a computer it has very finite rules.

It has yellow flags, track limits, contact penalties all very well defined.

Please don't compare your experience with what the game is actually doing.

The only thing it is lenient on Is AI contact and some collisions wall or AI.

Where do you think the rules for the game come from? Make believe land or do you think they might actually try to take the spirit of the real world, adapt it a bit for more casual players and make a fun game?

Today Dec 29th, during the weekly challenges timeframe, I completed Spa with some visits to the gravel pit, lots of contact with other cars and a penalty for crossing the pit lane line while exiting it.

Still I got the CRB. Sorry I can't add anything on the yellow flag situation.

I suspect that it has to do with the duration of the yellow flag phases. They usually just last for a few seconds. As I said in another thread, I did pass a few cars under (or maybe after) yellow 'cause I couldn't slow down fast enough on the wet track and I didn't loose CRB.

@newmedia_dev Pls don't compare real racing to this game. It's different. Penalties often seem rather random in this game, at least at single player races. Best example are track limits. You may or may not get a penalty. It's pretty much a 50/50 chance.
Some times when yellow flag are lighting and you pass the car that CAUSE the yellow flag ( lets say is vertical on track ) nothing happens and you realise that since you get no penalty.
The rule now at the 3 races stay as it is :
If you serve a penalty due to ignoring yellow flag ...... You can say goodbye to CRB.

Okay, but how on earth would ever get into that position? You'd almost deliberately need to spin, and even then, super sharp :lol:
If you get a bit too aggressive on the gas, especially in a RWD car, coming out of the hairpin on laps 1-5 you can sometimes find the nose of your car heading straight at that inner white line. I’ve crossed it a couple times while trying to save a spin out. Kind of a stupid place to lose the CRB if you ask me.

It is not chance....

It's a computer it has very finite rules.

Please don't compare your experience with what the game is actually doing.

The only thing it is lenient on Is AI contact and some collisions wall or AI.

Where do you think the rules for the game come from? Make believe land or do you think they might actually try to take the spirit of the real world, adapt it a bit for more casual players and make a fun game?
It may feel random to people because you don’t always get a track limit penalty depending on the situation. For example, when I raced Spa today if I crossed over the track limits through Eau Rouge when the conditions were dry I would get a penalty (that time limit would vary anywhere from .5 up to 4 seconds for basically the same infraction). However, in the wet if I went over the track limit but tried to make an attempt to stay on track, ie. hit the brakes and turned the wheel towards the track, I was not penalized. In conditions where the track was formerly wet but was getting a dry line I avoided a collision with a very slow AI car by driving the car over the track limit and I was not penalized. The AI was all up in my business through Eau Rouge for the whole race.

Last edited:
Looks like we're playing different games then. Because in my game, at this race at La Sarthe, there's no contact penalty whatsoever and I've gone out of bounds many times without getting a penalty.
What you are describing here sounds like AC but not like GT7.

Some times when yellow flag are lighting and you pass the car that CAUSE the yellow flag ( lets say is vertical on track ) nothing happens and you realise that since you get no penalty.
The rule now at the 3 races stay as it is :
If you serve a penalty due to ignoring yellow flag ...... You can say goodbye to CRB.
Yes, but that's not what I meant.
Last time this happened was on Mulsanne between the two chikanes. One car slid of track causing the yellow flag. The car that was in front of me had already slowed down a lot. I hit the brakes to late and couldn't stay behind this car so instead of crashing into it I passed it.

Looks like we're playing different games then. Because in my game, at this race at La Sarthe, there's no contact penalty whatsoever and I've gone out of bounds many times without getting a penalty.
What you are describing here sounds like AC but not like GT7.

Its the very same game , depends on how you react leaving the track.
Also varies from and how fast you're going , if you're out missing the brakes etc.etc.

Try to go as fast your car can and with the slightest passing the track limits you will collect penalties like a magnet 🤣
If you're going " slow " ( kind of ) receiving penalties is more forgiving, like the game realise that you're not cheating.
For example you totally loose the brakes and go off at the second straight chikane ( 2 raledisseur ) and slowly you come across to meet the track , nothing will happens ( in dry conditions)
Go slightly wide at the exit of the S at the left of the kerb in high speed and you will earn a 0.500 sec at least cause might be more .
Its like recognise that you're cheating , that's all.
In the rain its very different especially when you're out in rain with not appropriate tyres , then you're Skrew up . Its like getting penalty for dangerous driving ignoring the current conditions that's why you get so much seconds penalties.

Are we clear ? 😂

Its the very same game , depends on how you react leaving the track.
Also varies from and how fast you're going , if you're out missing the brakes etc.etc.

Try to go as fast your car can and with the slightest passing the track limits you will collect penalties like a magnet 🤣
If you're going " slow " ( kind of ) receiving penalties is more forgiving, like the game realise that you're not cheating.
For example you totally loose the brakes and go off at the second straight chikane ( 2 raledisseur ) and slowly you come across to meet the track , nothing will happens ( in dry conditions)
Go slightly wide at the exit of the S at the left of the kerb in high speed and you will earn a 0.500 sec at least cause might be more .
Its like recognise that you're cheating , that's all.
In the rain its very different especially when you're out in rain with not appropriate tyres , then you're Skrew up . Its like getting penalty for dangerous driving ignoring the current conditions that's why you get so much seconds penalties.

Are we clear ? 😂
Well, yeah, that's pretty much how it is in the game. But I wasn't aware that's how it is in real racing, as some ppl here are claiming.
Granted, I don't watch a lot of real racing. Usually just F1. And in F1 it's definitely not like this. Is it like this in real Le Mans?

Well, yeah, that's pretty much how it is in the game. But I wasn't aware that's how it is in real racing, as some ppl here are claiming.
Granted, I don't watch a lot of real racing. Usually just F1. And in F1 it's definitely not like this. Is it like this in real Le Mans?

Racing " rules and behaviour " are the same everywhere under FIA .
And as it is in F1 you might get a penalty too for various reasons, responsible for a collision, pass the speed limit in pit lane , take warnings for passing track limits and then you get a black flag , ignoring yellow flags , responsible for cutting others racers fast lap etc.

Back