Losing CRB at the 4 big grinding races

?

That's what I was saying!

Now, just to make it absolutely clear: Would you say that GT7 is realistic and comparable to real racing in terms of rules, rule violations and penalties? Yes or no?

My answer: No

I agree at No, after all is just a racing game and in real racing they are marshals to take care what's going on and give a solution to anything that occurs while the game is doing what is programmed to do.

At online racing is a bit closer to real rules i guess or at least it can be engaging other parameters like permanent damages ,black flags etc.etc.

If it was as it is in real racing world , NOBODY will buy it and play it and there's no reason to release something like that for the public for obvious reasons.

Hope to be " covered " @Sir Crashalot .

Not really @smoothbore12 Looks like we all see this very differently.

For me it's pretty simple. Everything regarding rules and penalties in this game is NOT clearly defined and NOT realistic. (The same applies to other aspects of the game also but that's not within the topic of this thread).

If any real racing would handle penalties like GT7 does....I can't even imagine what would happen. It's just unimaginable.

And I disagree that nobody would buy a game with realistic rules/penalties.
I didn't play many other racing games but from what I know and heard, many of the more serious Sims like AC, ACC, iRacing and so on are quite realistic in this aspect.
But yeah, ofc games like this are more niche and won't appeal to the masses like GT7 does.

One thing I can say for sure, because I did play it myself, is about Hot Laps in AC. Now I won't claim it's "realistic" 'cause I honestly don't know if there are hot lapping contests IRL but at least it's clearly defined. If you don't respect the track limits the lap is invalid. Simple as that. It doesn't matter how fast you are, it doesn't matter what the track conditions are, it doesn't matter where exactly it happens. If the lap isn't 100% clean, it's not valid. THAT, in my opinion, is a clearly defined rule.

But it is as it is I guess, I don't think they will change anything about it. And it's ok somehow. GT7 isn't a hardcore sim, it's a simcade. It doesn't need strict, realistic rules IMO.

Last edited:
Everything regarding rules and penalties in this game is NOT clearly defined and NOT realistic.
Flag rules:

Yellow is fully implemented with a zero tolerance stance.

Blue is implemented as advisory and the AI yields to it.

Black (and variants) aren't applicable for damage or driving standards in game.

Brown and obscure oil etc flags also not relevant.

Track limits - implemented with tolerance built in for weather, contact and time gained/lost

Contact penalties awarded in race vs after the race as there is no real world equivalent for a 7 min race.

So they do implement the rules well. Pit lane line infringement, mandatory compounds and stops all done. I'm not sure what is missing within the parameters of the game?

Edit: there is no concept of ending a race early or death/injury so a red flag is naturally not implemented.

There are also no realtime or post race stewards as this is just an approximation of racing (a game)

Last edited:
Flag rules:

Yellow is fully implemented with a zero tolerance stance.

Blue is implemented as advisory and the AI yields to it.

Black (and variants) aren't applicable for damage or driving standards in game.

Brown and obscure oil etc flags also not relevant.

Track limits - implemented with tolerance built in for weather, contact and time gained/lost

Contact penalties awarded in race vs after the race as there is no real world equivalent for a 7 min race.

So they do implement the rules well. Pit lane line infringement, mandatory compounds and stops all done. I'm not sure what is missing within the parameters of the game?

Edit: there is no concept of ending a race early or death/injury so a red flag is naturally not implemented.

There are also no realtime or post race stewards as this is just an approximation of racing (a game)
I'm getting tired of this....

Regarding yellow flags: See my post #26

Regarding contact penalties: Srsly, did you ever do this race? There is no contact penalty whatsoever! You can crash into every car if you feel like....

Maybe things are different in sports mode/multiplayer, but this is about single player and especially the 4 grinding races.

I'm getting tired of this....

Regarding yellow flags: See my post #26

Regarding contact penalties: Srsly, did you ever do this race? There is no contact penalty whatsoever! You can crash into every car if you feel like....

Maybe things are different in sports mode/multiplayer, but this is about single player and especially the 4 grinding races.
I'm sorry you are tired of posting and debating....

See my video re yellow flags :/ it's clearly implemented in the game.

You have to remember that single player "have fun" is the primary goal of the game. All of the rules are implemented for competitive player vs player modes and some custom races. But for the pick up and play races they turn them down.

You can't complain about the rules when you don't drive against the AI like you would against other humans or in real life.

You also can't complain about rules when for grinding or just to win we are entering de tuned GR1 cars against Gr 4 etc

They let you hit the AI in SP as that is how most people seem to be able to pass them...the rule is in the game they just make it less frustrating for people that actually hit the AI. But what do I know you could be right.

So to stop you from getting tired about moaning about artificial penalties in a game I will stop now. Happy new year mate.

Sometimes the only way to pass the AI is by hitting them. The Tesla race at Tokyo for the weekly challenge is a prime example of the AI driving in the middle of the track and you really can’t avoid hitting them if you wish to win the race in 2 laps. Nurburgring is way too tight of a track to easily pass the AI without hitting a few of them. Mt. Panorama…. Good luck passing anyone at the top of the hill without the occasional bump or outright slam in to the back side of them. Sometimes the AI is just stupid and doesn’t yield to faster traffic on a blue flag. They will gladly take the race line even when they are out of fuel and driving 50mph.

Sometimes the only way to pass the AI is by hitting them. The Tesla race at Tokyo for the weekly challenge is a prime example of the AI driving in the middle of the track and you really can’t avoid hitting them if you wish to win the race in 2 laps. Nurburgring is way too tight of a track to easily pass the AI without hitting a few of them. Mt. Panorama…. Good luck passing anyone at the top of the hill without the occasional bump or outright slam in to the back side of them. Sometimes the AI is just stupid and doesn’t yield to faster traffic on a blue flag. They will gladly take the race line even when they are out of fuel and driving 50mph.
If I may add my 2 cents, I won the Tesla race with the CRB on the 1st attempt.

If I may add my 2 cents, I won the Tesla race with the CRB on the 1st attempt.
But you could bump the AI a little bit in this race and still get the CRB. You couldn’t flat out crash in to them, but they did allow some rubbing to occur.

Over a year ago, I found a way to blow the CRB in the Le Mans race. It was one of those races with a lot of rain, and I was far enough ahead that I could camp at the finish line and run out the clock after lap 6.

I lapped several cars on lap 6, so instead of stopping at the line, I parked off-track right in the area you would cross if you were cutting the last chicane. I let the cars through and stayed there until the clock ran out, crossed the line, and no CRB. I guess the Dirt-O-Meter was running the whole time, and me sitting there in the cheat zone ran it up to whatever astronomical level it took to blow the bonus.

I agree with OP that on La Sarthe there are dynamic scenarios where your speed difference is such that you can't avoid passing on a yellow flag. I only had it once but a car came off on the first chicane on the main straight, I was right at the start of the braking area doing 200+ passing cars when the flag came into effect.

I wonder if I'd have been better off just ramming the pack in terms of retaining crb.

I agree with OP that on La Sarthe there are dynamic scenarios where your speed difference is such that you can't avoid passing on a yellow flag.

I wonder if I'd have been better off just ramming the pack in terms of retaining crb.
On that race, you probably would have been better off being a bowling ball and rammed in to the pins. Take as many out as you want. The game doesn’t care about that.

But you could bump the AI a little bit in this race and still get the CRB. You couldn’t flat out crash in to them, but they did allow some rubbing to occur.
Yes it's possible to "drive" like this and probably receive the CRB but I didn't: no bump, no wall riding, no crash, nothing but a clean race. Very honestly, it's not very complicated on this circuit as there's several parts where to overtake.

Some races are more severe than others on the conditions to get - or not the CRB.
Once, I had 13.5 secs penalty on Le Mans - big slips of the track due to storm - but with the CRB at the end.
Never lost the CRB on Spa, even with some involuntary crashes.

If I don't have the CRB on a race, I don't complain and I restart the race.
Period.

Yes it's possible to "drive" like this and probably receive the CRB but I didn't: no bump, no wall riding, no crash, nothing but a clean race. Very honestly, it's not very complicated on this circuit as there's several parts where to overtake.

Some races are more severe than others on the conditions to get - or not the CRB.
Once, I had 13.5 secs penalty on Le Mans - big slips of the track due to storm - but with the CRB at the end.
Never lost the CRB on Spa, even with some involuntary crashes.

If I don't have the CRB on a race, I don't complain and I restart the race.
Period.
It all depends on how you tuned the Tesla. I ran it bone stock and those stock tires required you to slide through the turns to keep pace. Kind of fun, actually. The AI pretty much took the inside line through the turns and ran dead smack in the middle of the track otherwise, so I either had to plan a well controlled slide to slip around the outside of them or wait to pass on one of the straights. But with it being such a short race I had to do my passing at any opportunity I could find. If that meant out breaking them on the inside and sliding through the turn only to bump into the car in front of me, that’s what it took.

I did get a CRB on the race and got second, but I wanted to win it and that required a bit more aggressive approach.

I agree at Le Mans sometimes the yellow flag is up immediately after a crash in front of you and it's humanly impossible to stop the car and not overtake any of the cars ahead, but I would say this happens maybe 5% of the occasions?

I agree at Le Mans sometimes the yellow flag is up immediately after a crash in front of you and it's humanly impossible to stop the car and not overtake any of the cars ahead, but I would say this happens maybe 5% of the occasions?
I drove Le Mans hundreds of time but I don't remember having such situation once. Should be very embarassing 😓

Unless there's a carnage in the first lap that require the yellow flag, I drive on Le Mans mostly "alone" (far ahead of AI cars) with my GT-R.

I drove Le Mans hundreds of time but I don't remember having such situation once. Should be very embarassing 😓

Unless there's a carnage in the first lap that require the yellow flag, I drive on Le Mans mostly "alone" (far ahead of AI cars) with my GT-R.

It happens to me once ,was when i given them one lap in the head due to sudden rain while i was on intermediates .
Was a crash at 2nd chikane , several cars Infront and i couldn't react .
Might happens anyway , if you're on fast car and rain caught them out after their pit stop, you have many possibilities to meet them in a place that you can't react properly.
Usually i see the track to notice if the blue arrows are turning around.😂
One time i had a Mitsubishi goin back and forth in a heavy rain more than 4 minutes till start again 🤣
Definitely isn't a common thing but can happens .

Yellow flag happens all the time when there is rain and AI is in hards --> chaos.

Yellow flag happens all the time when there is rain and AI is in hards --> chaos.
I did few sessions today on Le Mans (I want my 250 GTO) and one was very "British weather". I watched the replay because I've suspected a carnage at Arnage and indeed, 3 AI cars were involved in a large "gang bang" :D
Didn't had the yellow flag, this time.

Ok, I need to complete another session to buy my GTO, so let's go back to La Sarthe :)

Hope new year not find you on the road Daniel Son
giphy (5).gif

😂

Here's my 2 cents: there needs to be something in the "HUD" that let's you know you lost CRB when it happens not let you know at end of race,if it's light contact with wall or AI let me know at point of contact.

Here's my 2 cents: there needs to be something in the "HUD" that let's you know you lost CRB when it happens not let you know at end of race,if it's light contact with wall or AI let me know at point of contact.

I agree on that , should be in every race that warning . They put tons of red paint to mark brake areas that even a blind man can see it and they didn't put a light ,a warning or something to let you know that you kiss the baby and say goodbye to CRB.
I guess since you earn it or loose it , isn't difficult to connect a warning for that .

Tokyo: Don’t hit the AI. Even a light brush early in the race will lose the CRB. Also, don’t cross the while line at the hairpin on the outside (by the cones) and the inside (right side by the barrier on the exit)

Sardegna, Spa, LeMans: Don’t pass on yellow flags. I do not believe there are any course restrictions that would cause you to lose the CRB, but you will get time penalties for going outside of the track at Spa and Le Mans. Not sure if you can get a time penalty at Sardegna.

Edit: I’ve run Tokyo countless times and have never seen a yellow flag there.
Yes you can get a time penalty at Sardegna by crossing over the grass on the right side just before the pits. There is no pit line crossing penalty, instead of you cross pit lines you risk a serious crash.

I've always considered the Group 1 Prototype race at Road Atlanta as a grind race. 480k for 30 minutes of racing is a nice chunk of change. It's not Le Mans profits, but it breaks up the monotony. Cutting pit lines, allowing all four tires to go out of bounds, or a collision with AI will all cost you the CRB. I imagine ignoring flags will also. Nitrous is allowed in this race. It doesn't rain but it does get dark in the last five minutes.
As for realism, I'm not up to date on other current racing games, but I recall Sega Touring Car for its realism that made it crazy difficult to play.

Last edited:
Back