Lost all my cars

• Thread starter Peedi
  • 108 comments
I've recreated the problem. One of the events I have left is the Nascar one, which unfortunately requires you to change the power to 70% for some of the races and you need 100% for the others.

So I got in my Nascar went into the settings page and flipped it to setting page B and right away (without making ANY setting changes) I got the GARG. I then removed that text and dropped the power down to 70%. I then manually saved and exited the game.

Restarted the game and boom, asked me to load a backup. I'm going to restore my gamesave and try dropping the 70% in settings sheet A and save and exit and see what happens.

Jerome

Yes, this is exactly what happened to several of us (but not that many). In some other forums I have also seen exactly the same glitch report. I have also done some testing, and changing the A/B/C settings definitely generated the glitch several times (it also has the tendency to forget tuning you buy, it does not update the mileage ... on the "GARG" car). Did that happened to you with the 1.02 patch ?
Fred

I just edited my previous post, I'm on 1.01 still. I will update to 1.02 after I re-re-re-do these races again :lol:

Yes I also noticed it doesn't keep your tuning changes when flipping between setting sheets too. Very aggravating.

Jerome

I have the AE cars I have tuned some of them and race them that seems to be ok but I should not touch the A/B/C settings until they fix that is that right.

The sheets should have been fixed already.

The sheets should have been fixed already.

Not as of 1.01 believe me. I'm DL'ing 1.02 now and I'll backup my gamesave and try it again shortly.

I vote we call this the Gargamel bug. Just like Gargamel wanted to take the smurfs away, this bug will take your cars away. I'm an 80's kid, what else would I associate GARG with :lol:

EDIT: I just performed the exact same steps in the exact same car and it didn't corrupt my gamesave! I changed a ton of settings randomly, flipped thorugh all the settings pages to try and break it and it didn't. Woot!

So it looks like it's just a 1.01 bug now 👍

Jerome

Last edited:
Not as of 1.01 believe me. I'm DL'ing 1.02 now and I'll backup my gamesave and try it again shortly.

I vote we call this the Gargamel bug. Just like Gargamel wanted to take the smurfs away, this bug will take your cars away. I'm an 80's kid, what else would I associate GARG with :lol:

EDIT: I just performed the exact same steps in the exact same car and it didn't corrupt my gamesave! I changed a ton of settings randomly, flipped thorugh all the settings pages to try and break it and it didn't. Woot!

So it looks like it's just a 1.01 bug now 👍

Jerome
Now PD has to fix the stockyard glitch, Thanks Jerome for the Info on the GARG glitch.

One of my friends lost his whole garage today, he had encounter the garg problem but did not know about it. He also has had some issues with the USB port on his wheel so had not exited the game for a few days. Today when it loaded the patch it loaded the backup save which was from 2 or 3 days ago before he got his S license and completed several missions. He exited then forced it to load the game save which was at the right place and had the correct amoutn of credits but when he went to his garage it was empty.

He has been trying to get the AE cars back but according to him re downloading them did not solve the problem and of course when he forced it to load the game save it overwrote the backup save and now that copy from 2-3 days ago is gone and he had not saved to a USB.

So does anyone know if there is a way to recover the AE cars other than delete the save data and start over?

One of my friends lost his whole garage today, he had encounter the garg problem but did not know about it. He also has had some issues with the USB port on his wheel so had not exited the game for a few days. Today when it loaded the patch it loaded the backup save which was from 2 or 3 days ago before he got his S license and completed several missions. He exited then forced it to load the game save which was at the right place and had the correct amoutn of credits but when he went to his garage it was empty.

He has been trying to get the AE cars back but according to him re downloading them did not solve the problem and of course when he forced it to load the game save it overwrote the backup save and now that copy from 2-3 days ago is gone and he had not saved to a USB.

So does anyone know if there is a way to recover the AE cars other than delete the save data and start over?
Go to your to PS store and put your code in to recover them.
Always backup your game save using a USB.

Last edited:

I'll admit, I did a bunch of glitching to get all the cars and I've re-downloaded the AE cars 7 times by my count and never had a problem once. I went into the Acct. Mgt. section from the XMB then went into the Download History/Recent Downloads or whatever it's called. I would venture to say that maybe he can get his hands on a different AE code (from ebay or something?) and try that? *shrug*

Jerome

The issue I seem to be having is that I can load up my game, but the car I was in at the time has disappeared. I can change cars via the Start Menu, but going straight to the garage causes the game to freeze. After I switch cars, I can play the game as long as I want. However, as soon as I save and restart the game, it corrupts my file and I lose my garage and stars, but keep my progress and credits. I have searched most of my cars, but have yet to find a GARG.

I have lost all of my 25 anniversary cars plus the 5 I had in my garage, including the Mercedes Vision GT and Honda Fit.
The game gave me a new Mercedes Vision GT car though and my credits and paint are still there too.
I entered the anniversary codes again but no cars arrived.
When I go to races that require the cars I had, the race prerequisites still show that I have that car available even though I do not.
I'm running 1.02.
Can I still get all my cars back ?
Any help would be appreciated.

I have lost all of my 25 anniversary cars plus the 5 I had in my garage, including the Mercedes Vision GT and Honda Fit.
The game gave me a new Mercedes Vision GT car though and my credits and paint are still there too.
When I go to races that require the cars I had, the race prerequisites still show that I have that car available even though I do not.
I'm running 1.02.
have you use your backup game save to solve you problem

I don't have a backup game saved.
The game doesn't ask to load from backup like it did a
few times before.
Well going on what you are saying you have pick up the glitch in the game. How far are you in the game ?. And
I always use a USB for backup just in case because you never know.

Especially with all that money that I'm possessing (right now over $16 million!) I've been backing up to my USB drive(s)...

I'm running 1.02.

If what happened to you is what is described by others in this threat I think that there is no solution: either you have a backup of your save, or you restart everything from the start (in which case you will get back your AE cars just by downloading them again).

Back