Lost All Scapes/Race Photos & Replays

• Thread starter Rikson
  • 10 comments
Netherlands
Holland
GTP_RikWrx
Hi everyone,
I seem to have an issue with my saved replays en stored race/scape photos.
In the past it has happened a few times,allways after a game update.
But now it's happening 3 times in a week.
Replays/photos I downloaded in the past are still there in the library.
Allso are all the pictures of the cars in my garage gone.
They load very slowly (1 car for every 3 seconds or so...)

My HD has more then 50% free space,and PS is allways shut down in the proper way.

Anyone else who suffers with the same problem and knows what to do about it?
Thanks in advance 👍

As per thread title, I just checked my library after the Supra race and all of my photos and replays are gone except the one I just saved from the race. Last I checked on Wednesday night they were all there. I hadn't deleted anything, hadn't cleared the cache, hadn't had a HDD wipe. Out of habit from PS1 I always save manually at the end of each session and wait for everything to finish before quitting the game. No network issues between Wednesday and now. So nothing from my end that could possibly do this. Restarting PS4 and game does nothing. The only thing that remains are the 2 liveries that I've done, but they were both shared. All my uploaded photos are also still there if you access from my profile gallery, but not in collection (and obviously I did not share all my photos so some are lost forever). And none of the replays are uploaded so they are all gone. Poof. Pretty miffed as I had my personal best drift score, numerous online TTs, my 91st win and lots of epic online battles there. Now all gone :grumpy:

Anybody else had something similar and is there any hope of recovery? :( I tried looking at the GT website but predictably only the uploaded stuff is there.

Also weirdly, if you look in top right corner of my library it says only 4.4 Gb space remaining when in the PS4 system settings I have way over 700 Gb :odd:

As per thread title, I just checked my library after the Supra race and all of my photos and replays are gone except the one I just saved from the race. Last I checked on Wednesday night they were all there. I hadn't deleted anything, hadn't cleared the cache, hadn't had a HDD wipe. Out of habit from PS1 I always save manually at the end of each session and wait for everything to finish before quitting the game. No network issues between Wednesday and now. So nothing from my end that could possibly do this. Restarting PS4 and game does nothing. The only thing that remains are the 2 liveries that I've done, but they were both shared. All my uploaded photos are also still there if you access from my profile gallery, but not in collection (and obviously I did not share all my photos so some are lost forever). And none of the replays are uploaded so they are all gone. Poof. Pretty miffed as I had my personal best drift score, numerous online TTs, my 91st win and lots of epic online battles there. Now all gone :grumpy:
Since Gran Turismo 5, there are 2 types of saves: The save (progress) data which contains your progress, garage, credits, and system settings; and the game (Gallery) data which contains your gallery items, that is replays and photos as well as liveries.

For you, the latter is corrupted. Sadly unless you copy the data to the USB or pay the PSPlus to have auto cloud saving, there's no going back, I'm afraid.

Also weirdly, if you look in top right corner of my library it says only 4.4 Gb space remaining when in the PS4 system settings I have way over 700 Gb :odd:
Your storage for game (gallery) data is limited to 10GB (if I remember). It is limited by PS4 policy which any game save data cannot exceed that size.

Since Gran Turismo 5, there are 2 types of saves: The save (progress) data which contains your progress, garage, credits, and system settings; and the game (Gallery) data which contains your gallery items, that is replays and photos as well as liveries.

For you, the latter is corrupted. Sadly unless you copy the data to the USB or pay the PSPlus to have auto cloud saving, there's no going back, I'm afraid.

Your storage for game (gallery) data is limited to 10GB (if I remember). It is limited by PS4 policy which any game save data cannot exceed that size.

That explains why the save for GTS is over 300 MB. I assume the progress save and gallery data are both combined in that one file? Seems weird that the corruption only targets photos and replays and all my other stuff is untouched.

I do have PS+ and set it to auto upload, but since it's been a few days I assume the online save has now been overwritten by the corrupted data already. Unless the cloud save keeps a number of copies ranging from old-new?

It's still weird how it just corrupts out of nowhere. Can't really avoid a repeat in the future if you don't know what you did wrong. I guess I'll just have to immediately transfer any photos I take from now on to PC.

UPDATE:
Just tried restoring my cloud save from a month ago (both progress + game data save). No luck, all photos and replays still gone. I also noticed that a lot of my car thumbnails in garage are missing, but if you wait a while they all return eventually (took 15 mins for my 370 car garage to restore). Oh well, it is what it is.

I just found out also that the auto upload ONLY updates the cloud save if you're in rest mode. Since I don't use rest mode that often, then it's basically useless for me. Back to manual backups with USB it is then. What a joke. I wouldn't even know this if it weren't for this incident. If one day my progress corrupts...boom it's gone forever despite me thinking everything is backed up. This is why I don't trust any sort of cloud sync for all my important data. Amazing how with all technological advancements in the last 20 years, something as simple as game data backup is still as flaky as my cheap knockoff PS1 memory cards :lol:

Last edited:
This just happened to me. Saved a replay and went to watch it and all of my scapes photos, race photos, and race replays are gone.

Top right corner says 4.4GB remaining and 0 items.

Garage thumbnails won’t load either.

Am I screwed?

This just happened to me. Saved a replay and went to watch it and all of my scapes photos, race photos, and race replays are gone.

Top right corner says 4.4GB remaining and 0 items.

Garage thumbnails won’t load either.

Am I screwed?

Pretty much. Welcome to the same boat.

So almost a year on from my last incident, it has happened again. Everything ok last night, today when I booted up I saw the car thumbnail on top right missing. Checked gallery and yep, all photos and replays are gone. Again :grumpy: Thankfully I've made a back up of the important ones a while ago but there are a few recent stuff that I haven't. What a joke.

In addition, I didn't realise this last year but since then I've been doing time trials for every car round the Nurb. One car each day. Guess what, the leaderboards are also wiped. A whole year work down the drain just like that :banghead:

I know Forizon said the save format has been like this since GT5, but I've never had gallery corruptions in GT5/6 (despite taking a LOT more photos back then). Clearly whatever process PD is using to sync the save to the server is imperfect and causing these corruptions. Always online is always bad.

I've had this three times this year so far, first two were back in March and then it happened again in April so I stopped saving any replays/pics and let it load the garage back in on each of my accounts.

Since then the probably doesn't appear to have resurfaced but it is annoying to loose work unexpectedly but hopefully it will be addressed properly at some stage before GT7 comes out.

I didn't know this could happen. Until I saw my empty library this morning.
I think I'm done with GTS.

Back