Lost: Season 6 - Thread contains spoilers.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark T
  • 106 comments
  • 7,678 views
I am enjoying it so far, but I feel like we are still in the point in the story that is building up to the big reveals. This week is supposedly Richard Alpert's story, which will likely reveal a lot about the island's history.


My biggest question right now is: Where are Rose and Bernard? With the time travel thing last season I was sure they would turn out to be the skeletons in the cave, but after the bomb went off I am unsure. It definitely didn't seem like everyone had to be right on it to come back to the present, but maybe they were far enough away for it to not affect them.


And Vincent?
 
I like this season too. I think we got a lot of answers but the same time they give us more unanswered question. Can't wait to have seen the whole season.
I think the alternative reality is exactly the opposite of the first story. Hurley tells us he won with his lucky numbers, sawya is cop not con, jack is happier, kate didn't get arrested for murder (maybe she didn't kill her dad, and in that reasoning, john's father maybe didn't leave him in hospital,.... But the 2 realities are linked together(linus didn't made the same egoistic fault saving the futur of the girl/daughter, or as john father is missing, he may be on the island? maybe (my early hypothesis: the 2nd reality goes as far to catch up with current time, and somehow they will merge (as sawya's blondie (sry forgot the name) put it before dying: we made it.

The numbers are really beginning to confuse me, too much and too old,need to begin again at season 1. Question: is blacky wanna leave the island or kill everyone, dominate the island and recruit his own fellows???
Too many questions. Eager to see this weeks episode...
 
You don't need to use spoiler tags after fridays which is the day Lost air in UK.

What do you mean Kate didn't get arrested for murder? I don't remember that changing. She's still on the run for murdering her father, isn't she?

Tonight's episode should be good, Richard has always been one of the most interesting characters because of the no aging thing, although we kind of know how that happened now.
 
She is on the run, but i think we did not now why yet, and as everything is opposed i presume this too.

Ok for the spoilers.
 
What do you mean Kate didn't get arrested for murder? I don't remember that changing. She's still on the run for murdering her father, isn't she?
I read one episode rundown or interview that said it was the plumber or something by accident when trying to stop her father. I don't remember seeing that though, so I am in agreement that we don't know who she supposedly killed.

As for the alternate reality thing: I saw an episode recap last week where the author theorized that it is all faked. His argument was based around the idea that in the alternate reality they all seem to act poorly and in Sawyer's story it had every buddy cop cliche possible.

Based on that I have to wonder if this isn't a case where Jacob might be creating an alternate reality where he is testing the true nature of these people without his influence. Look at it and you can see that of the surviving chosen only Hurley and Jack are inherently good on every level, and they are the two that Jacob pulled away from the group on the island too. Hurley, despite finding out Locke was fired from his own company, offers to get him a new job. Jack offers to help cure Locke, explaining that there is always hope.

And I suspect that Ben might just be an unknown chosen, based on his alternate self. He could be Jacob's secret weapon.
 
Interesting theory. And speaking of Ben, what about Alex being there in the alternate reality, but not as Ben's daughter? Is Rosseau there too?
 
Interesting theory. And speaking of Ben, what about Alex being there in the alternate reality, but not as Ben's daughter? Is Rosseau there too?
Alex was never Ben's biological daughter. But no, we did not see Rousseau, I believe.
 
Yeah, I meant it wasn't him who took her to America when he and his dad left the island. I thought it was strange for her to be there.
 
Did I kill the thread?

How are we liking this season so far? I've seen a lot of people complaining that we're not getting any answers but I'm enjoying each episode and I think the really good ones will be the last five ones.

I'm still annoyed by the fact that we don't get any concrete answers. They all have something that still has yet to be explained.

I see this "alternate timeline" as something that is taking away useful time which could be used to provide real answers.

Other than that, I am enjoying every episode. Can't wait to read about today's episode tomorrow.
 
Latest episode starts to explain a few things. Finally! :-)
 
Nobody talks about this weeks lost??
we got a lot of answers, but are they true??
Is every answer the right one, or are they just playing Games

WOW for this episode. So Charles Widmore is 500years old?? But he died 470 years ago?? WHAT??? Or did smocky /locky let him live??? Is the nexxt episode with charles. I think he has a lot of meaning (father of the scientist, chief during 50's-60's, vanished from the island, found it 2-3 times back even when it changed position,....)

It's funny they answer a couple of question, but in the same breathing they ask more questions...
So do you think they are dead?? Is jacob devil or angel guarding the outpost of hell. Locky want to return to hell or to earth. When locky leaves the balance on the island would be changed, but how does it come that the balance is still there. Is someone of the candidates already assuming his role unnoticed??

This hole episode for me, strenghten my theory (in my opinion) that their alternative reality is their second chance. But in order to get to the second reality they (maybe except the chosen) : 1.need to die on the island in a certain circumstances (do "something" good...) or the second reality person needs to do something specific (also good) so that the 2 same person reunite in one. This came me when Jacob sat the other canidates (a lot of them ) where all dead. But if they die doing something bad (aiding Locky) they go to hell.
This episode was sooo good
 
All I'll post for now is this cool picture:

tumblr_kzswspxcpz1qz8fzno1_1280.jpg
 
indeed, very cool pic.

Enjoy your lost tonight uk...
 
Nobody talks about this weeks lost??
we got a lot of answers, but are they true??
Is every answer the right one, or are they just playing Games

WOW for this episode. So Charles Widmore is 500years old?? But he died 470 years ago?? WHAT??? Or did smocky /locky let him live??? Is the nexxt episode with charles. I think he has a lot of meaning (father of the scientist, chief during 50's-60's, vanished from the island, found it 2-3 times back even when it changed position,....)
What are you on about? Widmore wasn't even mentioned in this episode.
For one, the episode takes place only around 150 years ago, not 500. I think you're getting confused over the ship's first mate, named Whitfield, not Widmore. The only recognizable characters in the whole flashback are Richard, Jacob, and the Man in Black. The only "old" normal-type person (not counting Jacob and MIB), is Richard, and he's only around 160-170 years old.
 
They did talk about Magnus Hanso though, Alvar Hanso's great grandfather. And there's an episode where Widmore buys a diary of Magnus Hanso if I'm not mistaken, on an auction.
 
They did talk about Magnus Hanso though, Alvar Hanso's great grandfather. And there's an episode where Widmore buys a diary of Magnus Hanso if I'm not mistaken, on an auction.
And the Hanso Foundation is the group funding the Dharma Initiative.

If I had to take a wild guess, I would say that Magnus Hanso made mention of his lost ship in his diary (I am assuming he wasn't on the Black Rock himself) and how he has been trying to find it or something. Whatever it is, I am guessing it was enough to get the Dharma Initiative going and enough to be able to be used by Charles Widmore to find his way back.



As for the over-arching tale of who will be Jacob's replacement; I am placing money on Hurley. Jack's sudden willingness to believe in everything and gung-ho attitude seems too obvious for me, and Hurley seems to be more of the pacifist unless you push me kind of guy that Jacob is. Plus, Hurley has an otherworldly connection that could easily be used to aid him in keeping tabs on the MIB.

Besides, part of me thinks that Jack has fallen more into the Richard Alpert/Benjamin Linus camp. He is willing to believe blindly, but if something goes in a way he didn't expect will he start to doubt?
 
You're right jedi i twisted the names. That even didn't make sense....

FoolKiller: you're right about jack, but it's cool to see how the leader from the first minute has turned into a person who is so undecided about quite everything
 
If I had to take a wild guess, I would say that Magnus Hanso made mention of his lost ship in his diary (I am assuming he wasn't on the Black Rock himself) and how he has been trying to find it or something.
Sorry, FK.. Hanso was on the ship. Right after Richard wakes up, you can hear people yelling up on deck, and one of them says "Captain Hanso is dead".

DHARMA did know about it, though. It's written on Radzinsky's ultraviolet map in the Swan, a spot marked as "Known final resting place of Magnus Hanso/Black Rock". The connection to Hanso has always been there, it was just never mentioned blatantly on screen until now.
 
Sorry, FK.. Hanso was on the ship. Right after Richard wakes up, you can hear people yelling up on deck, and one of them says "Captain Hanso is dead".
Thanks for clearing that up. I haven't been able to devote the same a mount of attention lately and find myself missing some details.

DHARMA did know about it, though. It's written on Radzinsky's ultraviolet map in the Swan, a spot marked as "Known final resting place of Magnus Hanso/Black Rock". The connection to Hanso has always been there, it was just never mentioned blatantly on screen until now.
I can only assume that the Black Rock incident is why the Hanso Foundation and Dharma came to the island then. Unfortunately, I believe that we will never get the full story of why and how Dharma got to the island.
 
Yeah, I also think a lot of misteries will be left with no answer.
 
Unfortunately, I believe that we will never get the full story of why and how Dharma got to the island.
Well, we know some of the "how".. Eloise used the Lamppost station to find the Island for the folks in Season 5, and she said that was how DHARMA found it back in the 70s.

The unanswered question is how DHARMA even knew that the Island existed, and how to even start looking for it. The Hanso connection is likely, but they would have needed some kind of insider information.. knowledge that the Island moved around in both space and time, in order to even try figuring out where it might be at a particular time. I'm not sure if Alvar Hanso would have been privy to that information.

And before that, there's the unanswered question of how the U.S. government found out about the Island back in the 50s, and how they got there.

Unless all of these people were brought there by Jacob. If he wanted them there, fate would have found a way for them to be in the right place at the right time. That seems to be how everyone else got to the Island.
 
how about this weeks lost??


So why does Lock need all the candidates to leave the island?? What would happend if he leaves without them??
about the alternative realities:
Everyone had the same story but opposite (hurley = lucky numbers , Sawyer = cop not con,....) But the kwons it is less clear: father seems more negative, they are not married ( so didn't meet jacob), but they still love each other.
And that they all have that in common, "feelings?" didn't change : Sawyer is still searching for the real Saywer, Hurley still believes the numbers are magical,...
And what about the mercenary? He comes back a lot... is it the same that landed on the island with the scientists??? What will be his story??
So much questions,...
So much story, i really need to watch the whole series again....
 
how about this weeks lost??


So why does Lock need all the candidates to leave the island?? What would happend if he leaves without them??
about the alternative realities:
Everyone had the same story but opposite (hurley = lucky numbers , Sawyer = cop not con,....) But the kwons it is less clear: father seems more negative, they are not married ( so didn't meet jacob), but they still love each other.
And that they all have that in common, "feelings?" didn't change : Sawyer is still searching for the real Saywer, Hurley still believes the numbers are magical,...
And what about the mercenary? He comes back a lot... is it the same that landed on the island with the scientists??? What will be his story??
So much questions,...
So much story, i really need to watch the whole series again....

My guess is Locke can't leave the island while Jacob or his replacement stays. Locke doesn't know who the replacement is so they all have to go with him. We know Jacob had previously left the island but he knows how to trap the MIB in one spot, the losties wouldn't know how to do this.
 
Not a discussion about Tuesday's episode but
during the next week on Lost, did anyone else catch that they playing the Wondrous Boat Ride from Willy Wonka in the background?

For any who don't recall the lines:

There's no earthly way of knowing Which direction we are going There's no knowing where we're rowing Or which way the river's flowing Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing So the danger must be growing Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes! The danger must be growing For the rowers keep on rowing And they're certainly not showing Any signs that they are slowing!
 
So, what do you guys think about the last episode?

Boy appeared again, no clue who he is. But Desmond sees him. Do you think he's the new Jacob?

What about Dr. Chang not aging, what's up with that?
 
So, what do you guys think about the last episode?

Boy appeared again, no clue who he is. But Desmond sees him. Do you think he's the new Jacob?

What about Dr. Chang not aging, what's up with that?
I have to believe that the boy is at least tied to Jacob. It is possible that the boy is the true replacement for Jacob and the names on the wall are all just a deception. Jacob has shown a penchant for deception without lying. We have only seen him tell the MIB that he would find a replacement. He didn't say it would come from off-island.

I am not sure of Dr. Chang not aging is on purpose or not. It seems odd that he wouldn't age unless the alternate timeline is not exactly what it seems to be. To our knowledge he is part of DHARMA, not another Richard Alpert type character. He shouldn't have any special abilities, other than awesome narrator and presenter. I honestly believe that was a red herring just draw the parallel between the Hugo Reyes award video and the DHARMA videos.


One thing I do see in the alternate time line is that all characters that have been murdered on the island in the original time line (Charlie, Daniel, Libby) are remembering their time on the island without prompting. Their influence is bringing about the memories of the other Losties. I would say all the people that died were having their memories restored, but Charlotte appears to be an exception, although we haven't seen much of her in the alternative time line yet.
 
But they all remembered the life on the island only after seeing their "soul mates". Charlie saw Claire at the plane, Daniel saw Charlotte, Libby saw Hurley. And that worked with Desmond too after seeing Penny. Hurley had to kiss Libby to remember.

Alex also died on the island and didn't seem to remember anything.

It also appears Desmond now knows what's happening in both timelines and he's trying to make other people remember the island, like he did with Hurley. Do you think that's what he tried with Locke too, by running over him, or was he just trying to kill him?

desbydarkiz.jpg
 
But they all remembered the life on the island only after seeing their "soul mates". Charlie saw Claire at the plane, Daniel saw Charlotte, Libby saw Hurley. And that worked with Desmond too after seeing Penny. Hurley had to kiss Libby to remember.

Alex also died on the island and didn't seem to remember anything.
I forgot about Alex. That throws my theory out the window. Perhaps it is a soul mate thing and love is required to break through. If so that tells us where Sawyer and Kate stand. Sawyer loves Juliet now and not Kate. Will Jack remember when he sees Kate?

Wait a second. If love is the key bringing back everyone's memories then everything Jacob has been trying to prove to the MIB will be proven if everyone connects to their soul mates. This doesn't quite explain Sun and Jin though.

It also appears Desmond now knows what's happening in both timelines and he's trying to make other people remember the island, like he did with Hurley. Do you think that's what he tried with Locke too, by running over him, or was he just trying to kill him?
I am thinking of Desmond as the fixer. His memories are primarily the result of the electromagnetism. He started remembering with Charlie, before meeting Penny. Desmond is the wild card. It is why I believe Locke on the island threw him down a well. There is no controlling or influencing Desmond.

Perhaps that is why he directed Hurley to Libby. He is on a mission to reconnect soul mates, make everyone remember, and that will stop the MIB's plans on the island. I am not sure because it doesn't mesh with his other actions, like:

I think he intended to kill Locke. I think his goal is to put things as they are supposed to be. But in light of the Hurley/Libby thing it doesn't quite mesh, unless fixing it means Hurley must know the pain of a lost love.



AGH!!!!! BRAIN ANEURYSM!!!
 
The crap just got real. That is all I will say until everyone has a chance to watch this week's episode. Not even spoiler tags as it is too much to even risk someone accidentally seeing in advance.
 
Watched it last night, will wait for UK too. The end is near now.
 
Back