Lotus E22 launch thread

Top down view confirms uneven penis lengths
BewTj9OCYAE-4os.png
The uneven lengthes bother the crap out of me. Why uneven? UGHH DANGITMALDONADO. :lol:

If the fans' complained about the noses enough the FIA could introduce a rule where the front nose has to be a certain width and be only a one piece structure.

If the fans' complained about the noses enough the FIA could introduce a rule where the front nose has to be a certain width and be only a one piece structure.

The FIA have been noted to listen to the fans, just think back to that crazy double points rule that was outl.... Oh. Yeah, they don't care.

They will however notice sponsorship / partners / marketing downfall if they were to see less money given public image.

I ninja edited my post, fan opinion is linked to the money they will get. That is what they will act on, not directly the fans opinions.

The fans complained about the stepped noses in 2012 and the FIA introduced a vanity panel option.

You both are right to varying degrees, and the issue with FIA rule changes are that they take on average from what has been seen a year to make it happen. Thus next season will most likely bring a change rather than sometime in this season.

This is brilliantly... stupid. Well we'll see why the reason of such thing: if it's to pair with the MP4-29, or to create more chaos with those two in the same team. We shall see

I like the style of the nose and the car...

Hate it even more then the McLaren.

At least the Audi R15+ looked more menacing with its tusks, the Lotus just looks like a bent fork.

The noses we've seen so far are something i never thought we'd seen on an f1 car!!

The stepped noses looked bad enough a few years ago but this is just pure ugly :yuck:

If Redbull hasn't done something similar, with the tusks servings as horns for said bull, they've missed a great PR opportunity.
Cue rapid Red Bull redesign in time for the unveiling.

So, will the tv coverage be bluring the noses of the cars this season??
I love the fact that all of the cars so far have different nose designs. There's nothing worse when all of the cars look the same IMO.

I like the nose of the Lotus because it reminds me of the Williams FW26. The uneven lengths of the nose tips really bothers me though.

Is there some inside joke going on at FOTA :lol:

This is so he has a little extra room to clear the rear wing struts on the car in front before wiping out :lol:

I also see they have de-john player special-ed it, not necessarily a good thing IMO.

Last edited:
I also see they have de-john player special-ed it, not necessarily a good thing IMO.
Lotus is really a team without an identity at the moment. Despite all the drama and legal wrangling they went through to get the Lotus name, they are no longer associated with Lotus Cars, and so the name no longer holds any real meaning. But at the same time, giving up on the name and re-registering under a new constructor name will cost them because both the FIA and FOM will recognise them as a new entity, even if that is the only thing that changes about them (it's designed to stop people acquring teams, collecting prize money, and then selling the team). Nevertheless, they will have to do something soon, because the rights to the Lotus name expire in 2017.

As much as I dislike him, Joe Saward ran an interesting column on his blog suggesting that Genii Capital is trying to bid on defunct supercar manufacturer De Tomaso. The trend in recent years has been for manufacturers to acquire several marques under one umbrella name, like the Volkswagen Group. Saward suggests that Genii are trying to convince Chinese investors to buy De Tomaso with them, as there is no real domestically-owned supercar manufacturer in China. This would allow Genii to rebrand Lotus as De Tomaso.

As for the problem of losing the prize money they would ordinarily be entitled to, we saw Sauber compete as "BMW Sauber" in 2010, even though BMW was no longer involved, and the team dropped the "BMW" in 2011. Likewise, Lotus were technically Renault in 2011, before becoming Lotus in 2012. In both cases, they were able to continue on without losing their prize money, so should Lotus change their constructor name again, it should be possible to keep their prize money.

I love the fact that all of the cars so far have different nose designs. There's nothing worse when all of the cars look the same IMO.

I like the nose of the Lotus because it reminds me of the Williams FW26. The uneven lengths of the nose tips really bothers me though.
I'm not really bothered by the assymetry, I'm more bothered by the design.
I did like the walrus Williams though.
But so far, the F14-T is the only one that looks good (and honestly, the return of the low nose is really intrigueing from an engineering point of view).

I've gotta give it to Lotus, at least they come up with some interesting stuff.

For sure. It's a shame that the core company is struggling to get their funds in order considering how much innovation happens in their Enstone facility.

By the standards of Formula 1 cars, I honestly think the Lotus is good looking, although the only reason I'm paying any attention is all the talk about how ugly these cars are.

Lotus is really a team without an identity at the moment. Despite all the drama and legal wrangling they went through to get the Lotus name, they are no longer associated with Lotus Cars, and so the name no longer holds any real meaning. But at the same time, giving up on the name and re-registering under a new constructor name will cost them because both the FIA and FOM will recognise them as a new entity, even if that is the only thing that changes about them (it's designed to stop people acquring teams, collecting prize money, and then selling the team). Nevertheless, they will have to do something soon, because the rights to the Lotus name expire in 2017.

As much as I dislike him, Joe Saward ran an interesting column on his blog suggesting that Genii Capital is trying to bid on defunct supercar manufacturer De Tomaso. The trend in recent years has been for manufacturers to acquire several marques under one umbrella name, like the Volkswagen Group. Saward suggests that Genii are trying to convince Chinese investors to buy De Tomaso with them, as there is no real domestically-owned supercar manufacturer in China. This would allow Genii to rebrand Lotus as De Tomaso.

As for the problem of losing the prize money they would ordinarily be entitled to, we saw Sauber compete as "BMW Sauber" in 2010, even though BMW was no longer involved, and the team dropped the "BMW" in 2011. Likewise, Lotus were technically Renault in 2011, before becoming Lotus in 2012. In both cases, they were able to continue on without losing their prize money, so should Lotus change their constructor name again, it should be possible to keep their prize money.

I agree, Lotus has an identity crisis and I would welcome the De Tomaso name, good heritage plus I would love to see a new Pantera!

I have seen instances where teams have changed their names and have been able to keep their standings, maybe if it was a gradual change (Lotus De Tomaso F1 Team > De Tomaso Lotus F1 Team > De Tomaso F1 Team) they would allow it.

Although its kind of a separate subject China often gets bad wrap for buying Western marques but I think its often an unfair to assume its a negative thing. A company that's alive is better than one which is dead and as Volvo has shown it can work out well. A Chinese funded team would likely have lots of cash its just whether F1 is influential to the gen pop in China as a marketing tool.

Robin.

Back