Lotus Elise 111R / Tuned -Daily CUP - :02/:17/:32/:47

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 177 comments

School Grade for the CUP -tune (remember to try first!)

• Total voters

Timppaq

Premium
Finland
Helsinki
GTP_Timppaq

Lotus-Exige-4copy3.jpg

Lotus Elise 111R / Tuned -CUP
(Suzuka Circuit)

Let's see how far this can fly. I've raced the little beast a lot since the last update... but as fun as it is at the moment, there is nothing more fun than racing the same type of car as the braking points etc. are the same. Maffski and I have had many incredible battles with these cars and I hope that more people would find the beauty of this baby. There's no car that can match the Elise to T1, and many times, if you can draft and outbrake your opponent to the first corner, it'll be enought to break the draft and then you have a 1,5 sec lead to hold on. Well driven more powerful cars are hard to overtake, but I have yet to encounter a opponent that I coudn't follow very closely. So keep the pressure on and sometimes it'll be too much to handle.

I know the amount of the race events (here @gtp) is increasing and hopefully that won't spread us too apart from each other. But I guarantee this is worth trying. Elise is one of the most suitable cars to create an enjoyable close racing, as it's big downforce forgives you some minor mistakes. Also it's almost unpuntable and little taps won't even be noticed in the cabin. :)

Here are the little rules that I thought would be suitable:

• Races starts: :02/:17/:32/:47 (:07/:22/:37/:52 -may be used when there is lots of Elises joining)
  • If you drive the CUP -tune, it has to be on WHITE Elise
  • Brakes, steering angle and rear Aero (as long as it keeps at 750) can be modified and it'll still count as the CUP -tune.. so fiddle around to make it suit you... (recommended)
  • If you drive your own tune, choose another colour so we know what we are dealing with ;)
  • Elise FTW
The CUP -tune (750pp) v1.1:

Code:
[LEFT]Power:             [B]+35[/B] 
Weight:            [B]111%[/B] 
Tyres:           [B]R2 / R3[/B] 
Aero:            [B]15 / [COLOR=royalblue]34[/COLOR][/B] [B]([COLOR=royalblue]33[/COLOR]-[COLOR=royalblue]35[/COLOR])[/B] 
Ride Height     [B]-[COLOR=black]12[/COLOR] / -[COLOR=black]12[/COLOR][/B] 
Spring:          [B] 7 / 7[/B] 
Damper:          [B] 9 / 9[/B] 
Toe:          [B]-0,[COLOR=black]18[/COLOR] / +0,20[/B] 
Camber:         [B]2,9 / 1,7[/B] 
Brakes:          [COLOR=royalblue] [B]4 [COLOR=black]/[/COLOR] 5[/B][/COLOR] [B](front:[COLOR=darkorange]2[COLOR=black]-[/COLOR]6 [/COLOR]/ rear:[COLOR=darkorange]3[COLOR=black]-[/COLOR]7[/COLOR])[/B] 
Steering Angle:    [B] [COLOR=royalblue]3[COLOR=royalblue]6[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]  [B]([COLOR=darkorange]34[COLOR=black]-[/COLOR]40[/COLOR])[/B] 
Traction:            [B]0[/B]
ABS:                 [B]1[/B] 
1st:              [B]2689[/B]
2nd:              [B]1831[/B] 
3rd:              [B]1448[/B] 
4th:              [B]1167[/B] 
5th:               [B]973[/B] 
6th:               [B]855[/B] 
Final Gear:       [B]4450[/B] [/LEFT]
Feel free to comment on anything!!

:cheers:

Have fun, and see you all on track!

CUP -tune TT:

1'57.131 | RudiRaser
1'57.237 | Timppaq

.​

Last edited:
Sound's like it will be fun. I'm in. 👍

That pic of Clarkson getting out of the Exige S is just like me crawling out of my Rig. :)

Last edited:
You knew I'll be joigning too :sly:

Love this little beast and would be pleased to have more fun competing with a full grid 👍

This is the kind of thing i was trying to get started, obviously you have a bit more clout around these parts than i do.👍

You've not specified which tires to use N1's seem to be what everyone wants these days.:sly:

oops, sorry!! *goes editing*

edit: done.. thanks, 👍

edit2: I haven't tested the N -tires, but we'll start with these as I've tuned the car ftw, so no need to sit on the line.. ;)

Last edited:
oops, sorry!! *goes editing*

edit: done.. thanks, 👍

edit2: I haven't tested the N -tires, but we'll start with these as I've tuned the car ftw, so no need to sit on the line.. ;)

No problem happy to help:tup:

Damn I keep making these mistakes... sorry.. ABS=1

edit: 1st post UPDATED

Btw, what times are you and Maffski driving?

This should get you under 1'59 'easily' (1'56 very possible).

Maffski has promised us to drive the car (not this tune) under '56... :lol: (I know it's possible.. but I'll let you to do it.. ;) )

Last edited:
Just a quick question you've called it the DAILY CUP, are you thinking about different cars on different day's.

(it's just i've never been a big fan of mid-engined cars)

No, that's another thread then.. :) ..I love this car so this will be the event for this car. ;) Hope to see you there... give it a try and you might soon be loving the MR car(s) 👍

It's daily cup, as it runs 24/7

I see reviews coming... 👍 :lol:

I'll go and have a one more test.. mr_VOLCANO.. you got me worried.. :ouch: :)

ok.. the cup tune v1.1 is now posted... steering angle might have been too low for some.. some minor changes too.. should make it more drivable. Sorry for the inconvience. I'll freeze the cup tune now for a while..

about the steering angle.. I started from 37deg and have come down from there gradually..

edit: due to the clash in time slot.. I've changed the schedule...

Last edited:
Hi Timppaq,

changed the schedule to what?
Maybe i'm blind, but i dont see it :boggled:

Edit: Yes, i am blind, just found it. Will take it for a ride at xx22

Very nice setup, also good to drive with ABS=0 👍 :)

Took a couple of runs in it @ suzuka and I have now realised that it's a godlike car. :bowdown:

Love the feeling when cars with more power, try to clear the T1 at the same speed as I do and end up in the sand. :mischievous:

As for me, the only problem in this car is that sometimes it seems to start oversteering and then you accidentaly countersteer and end up in the grass. But I guess you get used to it pretty quickly (I am already starting to). Instead of countersteering you should just floor it. :D

Took a couple of runs in it @ suzuka and I have now realised that it's a godlike car. :bowdown:

Love the feeling when cars with more power, try to clear the T1 at the same speed as I do and end up in the sand. :mischievous:

As for me, the only problem in this car is that sometimes it seems that it will start to oversteer and then you accidentaly countersteer and end up in the grass. But I guess you get used to it pretty quickly (I am already starting to). Instead of countersteering you should just floor it. :D

👍

with your tune I seem to be getting 755PP :confused:

Is it definitely +35 / 111% / R3s / 15/34 ? I must be doing something wrong...

I guess i need a little (like 100 more laps) practice :D

I was ok with my performance in the free run (made a 1:57:6xx), but i dont manage to do 5 fast laps in a row at the moment....also i find it difficult to drive the car in a pack, the breaking points are just too different from the other cars.

Latest Posts

Back