'Lotus Elise 111R Tuned' No Mercy 650PP Suzuka tune

Sticktion
There aren't too many tunes out for the No Mercy 650PP(durr) Suzuka race, so I figure I'll help things along.

Lotus Elise 111R Tuned:
Power: +24
Weight: 115%
Tires: S2
Downforce: 18 / 35

Height: -1mm / +9mm
Springs: 5 / 5
Dampers: 4 / 5
Toe: 0.00 / +0.11
Camber: 0.4 / 0.5
Brakes: 6 / 9

Angle: 43
TC: OFF
ABS: 1

1st: 2.689
2nd: 1.887
3rd: 1.370
4th: 1.144
5th: 0.980
6th: 0.855
Final: 4.597
This tune is specifically for fast lap times - ease of use not considered. This may turn out to be a breeze to drive, or it may be very temperamental depending on your driving style - no guarantees :D
I ran a 2'06.039 with it right before I wrote this post.

Last edited:
Thanks about your tune ash! Elise is one of my favorites, and it's very interesting to compare my own setups to yours.

ps. I hope you mean 650PP, not 600? If not, I will stop playing GT5P, and change my habbit something like horseriding etc etc...

WOW.

This tune is amazing. I'd been struggling with the Lotus. Mine was set up like a go-kart on a skid pan, really fun and challenging to drive but it simply didn't compete. The fastest lap I managed in free run was 2.11. Just took out your tune and won my first race by 10s with 3 2.09's. There's no doubt it will go much quicker than this, I was still adjusting and pushing the car.

Fantastic tune, you should consider opening your own garage if you can do this with a car 👍

Argh, oops again...
Lotus Elise 111R Tuned, not Lotus Elise tuned

Thanks bicycleshorts. Opening a garage seems like a lot of work... I'll probably just release individual tunes as I make them.

Last edited:
Using you tune, I got a 2'08.609 - no idea how you took the rest off

Are you using 1st or 2nd at hairpin?

I've had a few 2.07s. A lot of time can be saved in the 1st/2nd and at Spoon if you can keep the speed up through there.

I use 2nd for the hairpin, you lose a lot of time in the elise changing gears so I try to keep them down. I use 3rd through all the esses as well :) .

I'd be interested seeing a replay or a youtube video to find out where the other second+ is though.

bicycleshorts
A lot of time can be saved in the 1st/2nd and at Spoon if you can keep the speed up through there.
I use 2nd for the hairpin, you lose a lot of time in the elise changing gears so I try to keep them down. I use 3rd through all the esses as well
Agreed. Second through hairpin, full throttle immediately after apex. Degner 1 & 2 and casio are also places to save time; 4th through Degner 1 and 3rd thru degner 2. Take a wide line into casio - don't ever try to turn in from the inside, especially during a race.
And yeah, the Elise takes a while to shift... there's time saved using the clutch, but my G25's shifter is broken.

I'd up the replay but I'm still using the Japanese version, which you'd also need to view it.

I started getting better times by changing your ratios to make 2nd shorter. Really seems to make a difference rocketing out of hairpin and casio. Those are the only times I am using 2nd. My times show it is making more of a difference than the negative effect of waiting longer for the 2-3 shift. Solid in the 2'07's

Holding 72 mph on Spoon 2 and 138 on 130R with S2 tires is AMAZING!

Fantastic, Tzayad, you're absolutely right.... 2nd should be shorter.
After some testing, I figure 72mph should be about right - down from 74mph.
Any shorter than that and I lose time down 200R, (3rd is off the powerband too long) which is critical in-race.
I'll edit my OP later tonight, unless you have more input on the matter.

I found this tune to be no good at all.Liked the gear raios but thats it.I use a dualshock controller though.

How can you say, 'I found this tune to be no good at all' if you use Dualshock?!

You really think one of the fastest guys in this game, does his tunes for Dualshock? I think ashdtv dont even touch this game without wheel.

Why dont you type: 'I found this tune do not fit to my Dualshock drivingstyle', or something like that.

That comment looks like that fault is in this tune... when fault is in your hands.

How can you say, 'I found this tune to be no good at all' if you use Dualshock?!

You really think one of the fastest guys in this game, does his tunes for Dualshock? I think ashdtv dont even touch this game without wheel.

Why dont you type: 'I found this tune do not fit to my Dualshock drivingstyle', or something like that.

That comment looks like that fault is in this tune... when fault is in your hands.

Thats not what I was getting at.Thats why I said' I found', it was my prefernce.Thats also why I stated dualshock.
Whats wrong with using a controller?Im quicker with contoller then G25!!

Last edited:
I found it quicker than an Evo X in free run, but did horribly in online races with it. Partly that's because in any Elise you tend to get overtaken on the straights then blocked in the corners, but I found the tune a bit too unstable too. It didn't stand up very well to the nudges, odd lines and kerb-bouncing that happen in the heat of battle. I ended up in the grass at least once every race and several times in the first few races. If I could have got out in front no doubt I'd have pulled away, but those AWD jobs can be pretty wide. They look huge when you're down low in an Elise too!

Thats not what I was getting at.Thats why I said' I found', it was my prefernce.Thats also why I stated dualshock.
Whats wrong with using a controller?Im quicker with contoller then G25!!

Ok... it maybe did sound wrong way in my ears, cause english is not my own language.

Why dont you practice more with G25 if you have that. Dualshock really cant ever be better than decent wheel, and you lost very much spirit of this great sim. It also helps you in real-life if you get used to wheel. I've saved my life few times in winter just because I've driven over ten years racing-sims with wheel... I think. I have done that kind of emergency manouvres couple times, that I havent ever had chance to practise in real, only in GT.

I found it quicker than an Evo X in free run, but did horribly in online races with it. Partly that's because in any Elise you tend to get overtaken on the straights then blocked in the corners...

I find this as well. It's annoying catching people up in the esses with no way to get past then see them pull away after the hairpin - lap after lap. Especially if you're trying to be a clean racer.

That said, I had some great races last night with 2 french guys in elises who were flying. I think if this event was RWD only, it would be a lot more fun.

hi there bobeihat.. i raced you last night in a gtr.. you where way quiker than me
want to give up your tune in that mitsu x

hi there bobeihat.. i raced you last night in a gtr.. you where way quiker than me
want to give up your tune in that mitsu x
Well, this thread is about AsteroidSHDTV's Elise tune so a PM would have been a better way to ask, but as you asked here I might as well keep question and answer together: I already have :)

Fantastic job! First it felt horrible to drive, but then after few laps I got used to it and realized it's not as twitchy as it first appeared to be...
Very fast tune, i've put down some fantastic laptimes and actually enjoyed the driving on Suzuka which is my most hated track in videogames history :scared: ...
This thing just seems to suit me perfect!
Thanks for sharing. 👍

Tune updated.

I spent a couple hours racing in No Mercy last night, and I made some small adjustments. The most significant is brake balance; general balance under braking is now oversteer. Shorter stopping distance into first corner, hairpin, and casio - but be aware, the threshold is lower so use a light touch on the pedal through all corners but hairpin and casio.

2'05.89x with a T1 of 0'55.2xx, in-race, no slipstream - I know I took a different line than usual for that lap, but hell if I can recall how I did it... :D

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Last edited:

I am sure I am not the fastest and I do use dual shock because space is limited to me

Just want to tell people not to give up on dualshocks and I does well for me with GT5P. Thanks

I am sure I am not the fastest and I do use dual shock because space is limited to me

Just want to tell people not to give up on dualshocks and I does well for me with GT5P. Thanks

There is nothing wrong using DS, I just feel sorry for you, cause you loose so much 'feeling' about driving this great simulator.

I dont say, you dont have great experience driving with it, but you could have so much more with small sacrifice.

Not enough space, is bad excuse. Many years I have always pack my wheel on and off everytime when I did drive, because I have family and small apartment. It's just the case of how big is your commitment to racing, and how real experience you want.

Nowadays I have my 'simulator' in closet, and it takes 1meter X 2meter space, and when I put chair back under desk, half of that.

After I did buy DFP when GT3 was released, I could never ever even think about driving with DS. It really opens your mind when you get used to it.

Attachments

• Akin cockpit.jpg
    Akin cockpit.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Back