Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3
Toe -0.5+0.5
Camber 2.5-2
Brake 5-3
Max tuning angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS OFF

It works great for people finding this car hard to drive. Reduces the oversteer and balances better the car (neutral), a lot of grip, perfect for Susuka. Forgiving when you exit the corner and accelerate a bit too much....
Even if you slide, the car is easy to control.

Feedback and fine tuning welcome :-)

Thanks,
bibi-phoque (yannc on GT5P)

[edit] Setup v2.0

ride height 0-0
spring 5-10
damper 7-3
toe -0.25 +0.50
camber 0-0
brake 5-3
Final gear 3.999 (thanks to jgda9rs)

Glad to hear that this setup is helping others!
If you modify it and think that you are getting better results in Susuka, please submit your feedback.
The goal here is to start from my setup (which has a lot of room for improvement) to get to the ultimate setup with this car.
I haven't done any work on transmission so if you are good at this stuff, please submit your thought here.

yannc

Much thanks for the setup! im now able to get near P3 in the S10 race !!! thankyou (or on dutch 'bedankt')

edit: Just broke my drift record in a normal race with this car thanks to youre setup! :dopey::sly:

This setup is great many thanks!, i finally managed to clear the two special class races i thought i never would 👍

Thanks for this setup, works a treat :)

One quick question though, what sort of lap time were you putting in using this setup on Suzuka? I just want to know were I am in comparison.

my setup (650 points, professional mode, all aids off) :
Power +6
Tyres R3-R3
Aero 20-35
Ride Height 0-0
Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3
Toe -0.5+0.5
Camber 2.5-2
Brake 5-3
Max tuning angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS OFF

It works great for people finding this car hard to drive. Reduces the oversteer and balances better the car (neutral), a lot of grip, perfect for Susuka. Forgiving when you exit the corner and accelerate a bit too much....

Thanks,

great setting you have made here. i've been using it, but i have modified just some tiny things, specially with the transmission. i used your setting in an event race in fuji, and i topped out at 289 kph. i also found that lowering the car makes it even more stable at high speeds and stiffer around the corners and under hard braking. here are the mods as follows..

Power +6
Tyres R3-R3
Aero 20-35
Ride Height 0-0 (-12f/-11R)
Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3 (5-5)
Toe -0.5+0.5 (-0.6/+0.6)
Camber 2.5-2 (2.5 - 2.8)
Brake 5-3 (6-4)
Max tuning angle 30 (31)
Traction OFF
ABS OFF (ABS On +2) i like to brake late :D
Final Drive : 3.999 (330kph top speed, i'll give you more details next time i test again)

i find longer gears are better for this car, simply because it makes acceleration much more smoother, so corner exit is improved, and if you slipstream another car you dont top out so early, which is very important.
i find your original settings somehow cause the car to oversteer a lot exiting the spoon curve (the corner before the 130R). might be just my driving, but the rest are awesome, very neutral, specially around the Senna S.

Thanks for this setup, works a treat :)

One quick question though, what sort of lap time were you putting in using this setup on Suzuka? I just want to know were I am in comparison.

I'm at 2.06 at the moment but didn't get a chance to really push as I was working on the setup during the weekend and haven't played since (I'm away from home all week). With this setup, my target is 2.04. Will try to achieve this at the weekend!

I'm at 2.06 at the moment but didn't get a chance to really push as I was working on the setup during the weekend and haven't played since (I'm away from home all week). With this setup, my target is 2.04. Will try to achieve this at the weekend!

Ah right, that's pretty much where I'm at right now too. To be exact, my quickest time so far has been a 2:06.374 but I know I can do better, I think I'm losing time at Spoon corner. I need to work on that.

great setting you have made here. i've been using it, but i have modified just some tiny things, specially with the transmission. i used your setting in an event race in fuji, and i topped out at 289 kph. i also found that lowering the car makes it even more stable at high speeds and stiffer around the corners and under hard braking. here are the mods as follows..

Power +6
Tyres R3-R3
Aero 20-35
Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3 (5-5)
Toe -0.5+0.5 (-0.6/+0.6)
Camber 2.5-2 (2.5 - 2.8)
Brake 5-3 (6-4)
Max tuning angle 30 (31)
Traction OFF
Final Drive : 3.999 (330kph top speed, i'll give you more details next time i test again)

i find longer gears are better for this car, simply because it makes acceleration much more smoother, so corner exit is improved, and if you slipstream another car you dont top out so early, which is very important.
i find your original settings somehow cause the car to oversteer a lot exiting the spoon curve (the corner before the 130R). might be just my driving, but the rest are awesome, very neutral, specially around the Senna S.

Thanks for submitting your modifications. This is the best way to make the ultimate setup, by helping each other :-)
One thing though. I'm not at home so can't check, but if I remember (0-0) was the lowest I could go for the car, and the TOE range was (-0.5 to +0.5).
Which Elise are you using?

Also, I think your transmission setup will definitly help getting close to 2.04 on Susuka. Can't wait to try this at home (saturday!)

One thing though. I'm not at home so can't check, but if I remember (0-0) was the lowest I could go for the car, and the TOE range was (-0.5 to +0.5).
Which Elise are you using?

It's definitely the 111R he's using, because I've just put his modifications on the car and shaved roughly another second off my time. With this setup it should be more than capable of a 2:04

Power +6
Tyres R3-R3
Aero 20-35
Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3 (5-5)
Toe -0.5+0.5 (-0.6/+0.6)
Camber 2.5-2 (2.5 - 2.8)
Brake 5-3 (6-4)
Max tuning angle 30 (31)
Traction OFF

excellent setup. I wasn't too fast with the original setup was a bit too tail happy under throttle but this fixed it right up. My settings that I kept trying were keeping the car balanced but lacked any speed.

Managed to run a 2.05.9xx but i know theres at least half a second I can gain from just mistakes during my lap.

What is everyone elses times around suzuka?

Mate this setup is brilliant. I can finally control this car now! It works well on all tracks, just need to be really careful around HSR.

Oh, and try maxing out the power and reducing weight all the way and go around Fuji. I guarantee you can pass any car on the straight as if it were standing still regardless of how good or bad your exit from the last corner was.

Power +6
Tyres R3-R3
Aero 20-35
Ride Height 0-0
Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3
Toe -0.5+0.5
Camber 2.5-2
Brake 5-3
Max tuning angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS OFF

Just a quick question. How do you get R3 tyres on there?
In my QTS it has R1 preselected and is un-selectable.

Best I have managed on Fuji (think S10) is 4th. I keep getting ripped off by the penalties. I either get hit from behind and penalised, or shortcut penalty for riding the rumble strips which is not a shortcut! :crazy:

Would also appreciate a decent gear ratio setting as I just cant seem to get near the top 3 cars.

I did post something to cure that gearbox problem. dont know if you saw that. it's on the previous page.

Correction about the toe settings : instead of .6 etc, i made a typo error. i meant to type .06. my apologies for the confusions.

I did post something to cure that gearbox problem. dont know if you saw that. it's on the previous page.

Correction about the toe settings : instead of .6 etc, i made a typo error. i meant to type .06. my apologies for the confusions.

Thanks, just saw the post you was reffering to. I will give that a go tomorrow because my gf's sleeping and the TV is too bright that it wakes her up (downside of having a large panel)

So am i right is presuming you leave the ratios standard and only alter the final drive?

Power +6
Tyres R3-R3
Aero 20-35
Ride Height 0-0
Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3
Toe -0.5+0.5
Camber 2.5-2
Brake 5-3
Max tuning angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS OFF

Thanks,

thank for your set up , but how about S-10 PP700 set up?
Do you have a set up ? I used your set up or J-PaP's but a car still seems to oversteer in S-10 (Suzuka) . Or it just my bad play using d-pad (my room has no space for a wheel). Only 3 events to clear (S-6 S-7 S-10) , though they are quite hard for me. :ill:

thank for your set up , but I tried both bibi-phoque and jgda9rs 's set up in S-10 PP700 Suzuka. A car seems still oversteer to me. Can you advise precise set up at PP700?

Back