Lotus Elise 111R / Tuned

• Thread starter yannc
  • 91 comments
Thanks, just saw the post you was reffering to. I will give that a go tomorrow because my gf's sleeping and the TV is too bright that it wakes her up (downside of having a large panel)

So am i right is presuming you leave the ratios standard and only alter the final drive?

yes that's right.

Hi, Does anybody use harder brake values? I got used in GT4 to run on 9-7, but I see your setups all use very low values?
Any comment about it?

Hi, Does anybody use harder brake values? I got used in GT4 to run on 9-7, but I see your setups all use very low values?
Any comment about it?

I bump mine up high. It means you can out-brake most of the AI cars on the track 👍

Still haven't managed the 700pp races though :mad:

This thread has turned my Lotus 111R into a very driveable racing car as opposed to the bag of angry squirrels it's been up untill now. Thanks guys!

thank for your set up , but I tried both bibi-phoque and jgda9rs 's set up in S-10 PP700 Suzuka. A car seems still oversteer to me. Can you advise precise set up at PP700?

Using jgda9rs's setup from this modifictation of bibi-phoque's setup. I happily pasted the Super class 700 point race at Fuji (obviously with the power turned up and the weight turned down to maximise the pointage). I'm quite convinced that the same setup is capable of winning (or at least a podium finish) the 700 point race at Suzuka as well. The only thing holding me back is my lack of knowledge of the track its self and my fat thumbs struggling with the silly little PS steering sticks. ;)

I managed to pull off the pp700 races with the jd's setup but with:

Power +35
Weight 85%
Aero 13/35
Ride Height 0/0
Final gear: 4.233

You'll still get murdered in straights if you dont get the corner previous perfect and to win those races you can pickup maybe 1/2 penalties - the important thing is the get up with the leaders asap for some reason they seem to stay together then instead of 1st being 5 secs away from 2nd

I also worked on improving my setup. jgda9rs, your transmission setup works very well, I'm now using it :-)
here is my setup v2.0 (I read a good article on gt tuning and tried to match the numbers based on what I want the car to do, i.e. faster in the corners and significantly reduce oversteer) :

ride height 0-0
spring 5-10
damper 7-3
toe -0.25 +0.50
camber 0-0 (I'm really confused about this one, I can't figure it out really)
brake 5-3
Final gear 3.999 (thanks to jgda9rs) It works quite well for susuka

I get less oversteer at the corner before the long straight line, but still be careful there.
I just played for the past 4h online at susuka, and this setup allows for mistakes (i.e. somebody bumps into you, you can retrieve the car)

they would apply, though i'm a bit skeptical about the gear ratios still. thing is, in suzuka and daytona the elevation changes are very different. i find that setup in suzuka will cause you a bit of lag in the s curves, specially after the chicane. whereas in daytona you need to again worry about the transmission because of the high speed banks.

they would apply, though i'm a bit skeptical about the gear ratios still. thing is, in suzuka and daytona the elevation changes are very different. i find that setup in suzuka will cause you a bit of lag in the s curves, specially after the chicane. whereas in daytona you need to again worry about the transmission because of the high speed banks.

I also worked on improving my setup. jgda9rs, your transmission setup works very well, I'm now using it :-)
here is my setup v2.0 (I read a good article on gt tuning and tried to match the numbers based on what I want the car to do, i.e. faster in the corners and significantly reduce oversteer) :

ride height 0-0
spring 5-10
damper 7-3
toe -0.25 +0.50
camber 0-0 (I'm really confused about this one, I can't figure it out really)
brake 5-3
Final gear 3.999 (thanks to jgda9rs) It works quite well for susuka

I get less oversteer at the corner before the long straight line, but still be careful there.
I just played for the past 4h online at susuka, and this setup allows for mistakes (i.e. somebody bumps into you, you can retrieve the car)

glad to hear that mate. what is it about camber that you can't figure out ? or did i make yet another typo error ? because i dont remember writing down "0" for the camber values, just in case, here's a link to help you with the definition if that's the case == click! unfortunately, i sold my elise last night, and decided to start a new challenge. it's just too small for its own good, and i kept on getting passed on the straights. i wanna see how good it is by setting up an nsx to beat it. we'll see what happens. let me know how the set up goes for you in the future. i'll post up the updated version before i sold it. i still have them written down

only in susuka (haven't tested on other tracks)
I agree, I have bit of lag on the s curves. However I found it a little easier to drive on other part of the tracks.
What modifications have you done recently?

glad to hear that mate. what is it about camber that you can't figure out ? or did i make yet another typo error ? because i dont remember writing down "0" for the camber values, just in case, here's a link to help you with the definition if that's the case == [URL="they would apply, though i'm a bit skeptical about the gear ratios still. thing is, in suzuka and daytona the elevation changes are very different.

what I mean is that I don't really understand what value I should use for this car. In any guide, they will say that you will get more grip if you increase this value, but I don't experience this. That's why I leave it to 0.

Might give this a go today with these settings. I did a 2:05.0xx around suzuka last night, but my current setup just cant match the guys in first. He takes the final corner flat out at a faster speed than my car even reaches by that point. I simply cant turn as hard, I just understeer off.

I have noticed on the first place replay that he is gaining time on each shift also. Using the clutch seems to be faster. Pay attention to his 3rd to 4th shifts in particular.

Oh guys i just spent half hour at suzuka with the 111r. I did a few laps with the setup posted here and another few laps with this one:

max wing
min power
a little weight to make 650pp
5/3 brakes
3.999 gearing

everything else stock (no tcs, abs=1).

The stock settings felt better, and I was faster. I did a 2:04.5xx and I am quite sure I can run 2:03s with it. I think you might be chasing ghosts with setup here. You can go faster with the stock setup. I think the best way forward would be to get your times down into the 2:03 or at least 2:04 then work on setup again.

Oh guys i just spent half hour at suzuka with the 111r. I did a few laps with the setup posted here and another few laps with this one:

max wing
min power
5/3 brakes
3.999 gearing

The stock settings felt better, and I was faster. I did a 2:04.5xx and I am quite sure I can run 2:03s with it. I think you might be chasing ghosts with setup here. You can go faster with the stock setup. I think the best way forward would be to get your times down into the 2:03 or at least 2:04 then work on setup again.

Do you mean "max power"?

Do you mean "max power"?

No, reduce power to the minimum. Its what forza2 has rightly or wrongly taught me when faced with something like PP. You either go for all power or all handling, you cant have both.

From memory the car is under 650pp to start with so if you take all the power out you really have to add a lot of weight?

:lol: that would be like having a passenger in an underpowered car. if anything that car needs corner balancing and a bigger wing and more downforce.

From memory the car is under 650pp to start with so if you take all the power out you really have to add a lot of weight?

You take away weight, but not all of it, thats what I meant. You can almost have min power and min weight, but it comes to something like 653 with full downforce as well. So I bump the weight up from min slightly to make it 650.

You take away weight, but not all of it, thats what I meant. You can almost have min power and min weight, but it comes to something like 653 with full downforce as well. So I bump the weight up from min slightly to make it 650.

same, if you take all the weight off its too much.

max wing
min power
5/3 brakes
3.999 gearing

err...

I just discovered today that I actually was using the suspension setup posted here. My bad :P

Though, I was using max downforce, minimum power and the lest amount of weight I could and still be at 650p. Oh I left the camber at stock settings though, dont know if that makes a difference at all. With this setup I did a 2:04.1 today. Had a much faster lap going but for some reason when I shifted up it jumped from 2nd to 4th, killing my lap :( Its been happening a lot recently. Maybe I need a new wheel...

I think I can get this setup into the 2:02 region. Just need more practice.

BTW online times are strange.. In a race I did a 2:03.4 lap, and that was while I passed 2 cars, one of which run me into the grass. There was very little in the way of slipstreaming either.

err...

I just discovered today that I actually was using the suspension setup posted here. My bad :P

Though, I was using max downforce, minimum power and the lest amount of weight I could and still be at 650p. Oh I left the camber at stock settings though, dont know if that makes a difference at all. With this setup I did a 2:04.1 today. Had a much faster lap going but for some reason when I shifted up it jumped from 2nd to 4th, killing my lap :( Its been happening a lot recently. Maybe I need a new wheel...

I think I can get this setup into the 2:02 region. Just need more practice.

BTW online times are strange.. In a race I did a 2:03.4 lap, and that was while I passed 2 cars, one of which run me into the grass. There was very little in the way of slipstreaming either.

you'll probably find it's just your driving, no matter what kind of circuit racing you do of you have someone to chase you start pushing harder because theres a target to aim for, not just race urself

you'll probably find it's just your driving, no matter what kind of circuit racing you do of you have someone to chase you start pushing harder because theres a target to aim for, not just race urself

I get that but today I had a race where I was first after the first lap by quite a long way, so I decided to push as hard as I could to see what I could do. My 1st flying lap was a 2:08, then lap after that felt a lot better and was a 2:10. 7 seconds is not having no pressure, its catchup logic. The further ahead you get, the slower your car and maybe the reverse works also. Because the 2:03 lap I did was not that great and if I didnt get run off the road would have been quite close to a record.

But thats for another thread :)

I can confirm that Nasanu's changes improves the performance on Susuka.
I did a really good lap with weight at 100% and power +6, and I got a low 2.06.
I then changed to minimum weight and improved by 1s instantly (with mistakes). I didn't have much time yesterday but I'm sure I will reach the 2.04 tonight.
Thanks for your input Nasanu!

Thanks for the set ups in here! Ive tried them on a F430 and its going good so far. Completed my first S class event with it(Just unlocked S class earlier)

Finally dropped into the 2'04s today using this setup :) A 2'04.871 to be exact, enough for 83rd on the 650PP time trial leader board. I seen you on there too Yannc, in 93rd, less than a tenth behind me :P

Finally dropped into the 2'04s today using this setup :) A 2'04.871 to be exact, enough for 83rd on the 650PP time trial leader board. I seen you on there too Yannc, in 93rd, less than a tenth behind me :P
I saw I was getting close of being quick out of the ranking, so I work hard yesterday and did 2.04.5xx :-)
Let's see what they have done with the Elise and the new update...

Back