Lotus Elise Racing Car Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 181 comments
New time.

1'19.584

I just spent 2 hours with your tune (except for the transmission gearing, which I could not quite get to what you had written). 1:21.363 is the best I could do with it, just .010 slower than my best time with my previous tune.

My observations are that your tune is faster than my old one, but quite a bit harder to drive than the previous tune I was using. This is probably because of my driving style, and using the DS3, not an issue with the tune.

The biggest asset to your tune, IMO, is the turn-in, it's fantastic, and allows just a throttle-lift to negotiate many of the corners. The worst part about it is that early throttle-on causes wheel-spin, causing time loss. All in all I'd say your tune is great, but not fun.

P.S. I now hate this car, this track, and this damn challenge.

I just spent 2 hours with your tune (except for the transmission gearing, which I could not quite get to what you had written). 1:21.363 is the best I could do with it, just .010 slower than my best time with my previous tune.

My observations are that your tune is faster than my old one, but quite a bit harder to drive than the previous tune I was using. This is probably because of my driving style, and using the DS3, not an issue with the tune.

The biggest asset to your tune, IMO, is the turn-in, it's fantastic, and allows just a throttle-lift to negotiate many of the corners. The worst part about it is that early throttle-on causes wheel-spin, causing time loss. All in all I'd say your tune is great, but not fun.

P.S. I now hate this car, this track, and this damn challenge.

Sorry that the tune didn't suit you, but it was in fact made by a wheel user, for a wheel user. My tunes are purposely built to be very loose handling and throttle sensitive, that's my style. I would not expect a DS3 user to find any of my tunes easy to drive, or even fun for that fact. Again, sorry you didn't find the tune helpful but thanks for the review and kind words nonetheless. :cheers:

well i am tapping out with a 1:20.612 that got me as high as 188th now for me this is outrageously fantastic and my best ever result (but this will go down im sure) now i pinched bits and pieces of different tunes and changed added my own bits,thank you to all who have posted these....well might go do some racing laps against other cars now because i am over these now (lol).....clean lines ya all. thought i would have 1 more go and got 1:20.400:)

Last edited:
Sorry that the tune didn't suit you, but it was in fact made by a wheel user, for a wheel user. My tunes are purposely built to be very loose handling and throttle sensitive, that's my style. I would not expect a DS3 user to find any of my tunes easy to drive, or even fun for that fact. Again, sorry you didn't find the tune helpful but thanks for the review and kind words nonetheless. :cheers:

Dude, don't be sorry it didn't fit, your tune is awesome. It just frustrated me because I spent 5 hours getting 1:21.3 comfortably with my easy tune, and ran a 1:21.3 in 5 laps with your not-as-easy tune lol. But I couldn't best the time after 2 more hours, I just can't control the car enough to make it work. Your tune is definitely faster.

well i am tapping out with a 1:20.612 that got me as high as 188th now for me this is outrageously fantastic and my best ever result (but this will go down im sure) now i pinched bits and pieces of different tunes and changed added my own bits,thank you to all who have posted these....well might go do some racing laps against other cars now because i am over these now (lol).....clean lines ya all.

No shame man, it's a fantastic time.

Down to a 1:23.1xx with a possible 22.8 with the '96 (no SRF) with just a basic gearbox tune and some wheel alignment changes.

I will try some of the tunes posted as hopefully that'll unlock another half a second. :D I'm getting quite a lot of high speed understeer currently.

Last edited:
Down to a 1:23.1xx with a possible 22.8 with the '96 (no SRF) with just a basic gearbox tune and some wheel alignment changes.

I will try some of the tunes posted as hopefully that'll unlock another half a second. :D I'm getting quite a lot of high speed understeer currently.

Just turn the SRF on and you will find 1,21 easily.

i checked this tune out and did several laps in high 1:20's using ds3 auto it was good thanx cargo:)

Hey guys, sorry for the few days absence but I just got done moving again and got internet hooked back up. Thanks for the kind words regarding my tune and glad a few more have found it useful. Still have a lot of unpacking and arrainging to do, but I should be back business as usual in a few days. Thanks again guys and look forward to getting into the mix again. Peace, and as always, stay fast my friends.

Seems you guys out-perform me on this one.:bowdown: 1:18.233 was the best i could do. Sure a 1:17.9xx is possible, but damn its hard, steering correction mid corner is impossible without loosing too much time, and with so many corners being blind at entry, I dont see myself getting there at all. If only it was possible to save after every corner!:grumpy:

Thanks @CRANK_U1 for the setup, it works with a weel aswell.;)

I felt the exact same way. Try Nursemorph's settings, they make the car vastly easier to drive.

Suspension:

RH: 105/110
SR: 7.20/11.65
D(C): 4/5
D(E): 4/5
ARB: 5/5
TOE: -0.20/-0.10

Brakes: 8/5

LSD: 8/20/16

Aero: 200/480

I used these settings so thanks for posting them and thanks to Nursemorph.

This took the Elise Race car from being a homicidal maniac that wanted to bury an axe into the back of my head at each corner, into a gentle and refined sociopath that only tried to kill me once per lap. Leatherface into Hannibal.

et_
Seems you guys out-perform me on this one.:bowdown: 1:18.233 was the best i could do. Sure a 1:17.9xx is possible, but damn its hard, steering correction mid corner is impossible without loosing too much time, and with so many corners being blind at entry, I dont see myself getting there at all. If only it was possible to save after every corner!:grumpy:

Thanks @CRANK_U1 for the setup, it works with a weel aswell.;)
No problem buddy, I'm glad it helped :)
And i feel your fustration mate. I'm finding it almost impossible to beat my PB now but i'll still keep at it because you just never know when that perfect lap will come along. That rocket lap taught me that ;)

I was on fire (for me) the other night, turning out no less than 7 1:21.x's in an hour, and still couldn't best my time of 1:21.2. How you guys are getting to 1:18 is simply beyond me.

I tried all the tunes posted and found that lourosa46 tune suited me best. I'm currently 1.22.096. I know there is a sub 1.20 but I lack consistency. That said another great TT big thanks to those who shared tunes on this one and huge respect to you guys that broke 1.18. Looking forward to the next.

Tried to create a tune myself again for this TT and managed to get a 1:22.478 with a DS3, TC and ABS on 1. But this car is so unpredictable to me sometimes, looks like I loose it without any reason.:banghead: I feel I can do better so I'll just keep on trying :cheers:

This is what I have now;

Suspension;
Ride Height 70 / 85 65 / 80
Spring Rate 6.45 / 9.64 10.61
Dampers Comp 5 / 4 5 / 7
Dampers Ext 4 /5 6 / 8
Roll Bars 3 / 3 4 / 4
Camber 0.0 / 0.0
Toe Angle -0.05 / 0.10 -0.12 / -0.10
Brakes 6 / 8 5 / 6

Transmission;
Final gear to the right, speed to the left and then set the gears
1 2.976
2 2.161
3 1.645
4 1.344
5 1.108
FG 3.828

LSD 20 / 25 / 10 9 /20 / 10

Power;
Power 97.4% 100%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
High RPM Turbo Kit

Body;
Downforce 200 / 500
Ballast 145kg @ 10 157kg @ 10

If anybody has more advise or tips to make this car more predictable with what I have until now, please let me know :cheers:

Now at a 1:21.234 wit a very different tune, kept on changing all the time to get some more speed.

Don't know it's still any use for somebody but with this tune and a DS3 I managed to get my time. I still feel I can go faster but almost every lap I make a mistake, rarely I have a "perfect" lap. Anybody else with this issue?

Latest Posts

Back