Lotus Elise Racing Car Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 181 comments
Hi guys
I got a setup here that's just put me in to 12th place and there's definitely more to gain from it.
Elise 96 Race Car.

Setup is very good but with a DS3 it is impossible to control the car.

I add camber and toe

Also set the transmission a little short.

I add camber and toe

His tune is for Ds3.

Works well for me, seems like if I add toe the car becomes more unstable and harder to control with ds3?

Been away from the game for a while so had a crack at this race as most are doing it now.

Used Crank_U1's tune to gold but found the front too severe. Tried raising it and lowering weight there but that seemed to make it worse, so lowered the front a lot, a lot, and lo and behold, far easier to control.
Too late to continue now but I'll try again as soon as I can. Haven't looked at Cargo's tune yet or any others. Plenty to do yet. Oh, I'm around 1:26 something right now, long way from my usual 500th position.

Finally broke into the 17s :D with a not so good 1st sector so there's still room for improvement. I'll edit my setup for you guys as it's more stable than my previous tune even with more weight at the rear.

can't wait to try that and cargorat's tune, i have been a little away from this one with a 1'20"9xx or something i need to get to the mid or low 19's that would be great.

I add camber and toe

If the car is too unpredictable then i always raise the initial torque on the LSD. The only trouble with that though is it acts like TC so too much of it will make you slower so it's a fine balance of cautious approach or risky approach, the latter being the fastest but damn it's a bugger to control.

I haven't seen this asked here so I'll do it here. Everyone seems to be using the '96. Is that simply because it's a prize car? I can't find a decent tune for the '04 and I find it faster than the '96. Try as I might, I can't beat my own time in either car now. Even if I am equal until the final straight, my own bloody ghost pulls away from me. Time is almost up on this. The other two TTs were easier to get higher placement but this one is hard, for me anyway. (I've even put '96 tunes on the '04 to see what happens that way.)

Back in the saddle for a few runs. Used my Crank tune again and came down to 1:26.1 pretty smartly. Anyway decided to try Cargo's tune, albeit found I had to drastically reduce front height to control steering, same as with Crank's, and reduced another second down to 1:25.023.
However I couldn't understand why I had 6 gears and the tunes only showed 5, until I, dumb guy dumb guy, realised I was using the 111R '04 whereas the tunes are for the 96.
So I'll get the 96 if I can and see how I go with it. Still 4,000 positions away from 500.
I did find the 96 tunes worked reasonably well in the 04 though expect they will be better in the car they were designed for.

I've just realised i've been running with 16bhp less than anybody else after buying a new 96, so my ballast weight is at 185kg now. I wondered why TRL_IMMORTAL ghost kept shooting past me on the long straight :lol: I'll have to get feel for this new setup and hopefully i'll beat my time.

I've just realised i've been running with 16bhp less than anybody else after buying a new 96, so my ballast weight is at 185kg now. I wondered why TRL_IMMORTAL ghost kept shooting past me on the long straight :lol: I'll have to get feel for this new setup and hopefully i'll beat my time.

Dear Crank your setup make me make one lap from 1,21 to 1,19 in 10 laps you are a very good player And good make setups, And very kind person.
Please buy a good wheel (trustmaster 500 is very good).

I want a wheel but sadly i just don't have the money or the room space for one. besides, it can take a very long time to get accustomed to it which i just don't have the patience for really. I'd probably just end up going back to DS3 after a day or so and leave it to gather dust like a couple of people on my friends list did :lol:
And thank you for your kind words Lourosa and congratulations on that massive improvement 👍 It puts a smile on my face when someone goes faster with my tune :)

We should start a fundraising to buy @CRANK_U1 a wheel!

When i started using a wheel I was about a second slower per lap, so like your friends I left it to gather dust. 6 months later i started doing the seasonal time trials, and tried out the wheel again, and after about 4-5 TT events I was a bit faster with the wheel, so I started to use only the wheel. in offline races I still used DS3. But by the time GT6 got out, the wheel is the only thing I use because its alot more fun and I'm about a second faster straigt out of the box. when I get used to the car I'm 2 seconds faster than I'm with DS3.

well im happy now finally cracked under 1:20 with a 1:19.957,had a little bit more there but kept messing my laps,so got peed off and thought reached my goal i am done,thanx to ev1 who put tunes up i fusioned a few together with my own additions so im happy with reaching rank 140 hope it stays like this lol 👍:cheers:

et_

When i started using a wheel I was about a second slower per lap, so like your friends I left it to gather dust. 6 months later i started doing the seasonal time trials, and tried out the wheel again, and after about 4-5 TT events I was a bit faster with the wheel, so I started to use only the wheel. in offline races I still used DS3. But by the time GT6 got out, the wheel is the only thing I use because its alot more fun and I'm about a second faster straigt out of the box. when I get used to the car I'm 2 seconds faster than I'm with DS3.

I would gladly volunteer to throw in some money to buy my friend/fellow competitor @CRANK_U1 a wheel. If you are serious about this and come up with a way to do this, let me know and I will gladly donate to the cause. I'm on a fixed income (disability) and can't foot the whole bill otherwise I would, but I can donate a decent chunk. Let me know if you are really serious about this. :)

I would gladly volunteer to throw in some money to buy my friend/fellow competitor @CRANK_U1 a wheel. If you are serious about this and come up with a way to do this, let me know and I will gladly donate to the cause. I'm on a fixed income (disability) and can't foot the whole bill otherwise I would, but I can donate a decent chunk. Let me know if you are really serious about this. :)

Count me in!

yes, I am in, crank needs a wheel

I will start working next month. If your problem is not solved CRANK_U1, I will do my part ;) I'm in!
PS. With your Setup CRANK_U1, I was able to make 1:18.873 with my T500 RS. Honestly, I don't have skill to reach the 17 barrier, but I was more than happy with my time, thanks to you ;)Without SRF, I must say Obrigado to my comrade Lourossa :) With his setup I did 1:22:1xx with ABS1 only. Big respect to all the tuners here!
Best Regards;

Mauro Araújo aka Xtriko
PS2. CRANK_U1, here's what I was able to make with your setup :) not much, but good enough :)

Last edited:
Thank you Mauro,
Let´s help this big player.
About my tune it was very stable to normal players, but not so fast like Crank.
You can begin with one tune that if you are confortable and change to your style.
You can take some basic tunes from gtvault from one guy that names FUMES, to me the best ever for gt4 and gt5.
Nice to talk about a portuguese.

Obrigado.

Rogério Santos

et_ said

I am in to, just let me know, and I'm very happy to collaborate on this mission.

E.T. You also are a great tunner your tuning for the Lambo GT2 given to my best place ever on a seasonal, 69 position, (beautiful number) 1.01.4xx , so thank you , and to all members who have posted.

Thank´s again !

Well I was'nt really serious about the wheel thing, but I sure would contribute with some money if someone actually set it up! I just dont want to be the one in charge of it...

It's a very thoughtful gesture guys but i can't accept that amount of money i'm sorry. I just won't have the space for it anyway as i play my PS3 in a box room. I'm happy sticking with DS3 so please guys, don't go wasting your money on me.

yes, I am in, crank needs a wheel

Well, since it is @et_'s idea, I'm just waiting on him to set something up so that we may all donate to the cause. I'm just a volunteer, he is the event organizer. :lol: I don't have a PayPal account otherwise I would just have people send donations there then I would buy the wheel and ship it myself. Maybe if we could find a trusted friend who lives in or close to Crank (Manchester UK, I assume) and then we could just send them the money (money orders, etc)

It's a very thoughtful gesture guys but i can't accept that amount of money i'm sorry. I just won't have the space for it anyway as i play my PS3 in a box room. I'm happy sticking with DS3 so please guys, don't go wasting your money on me.

Its not a waste of money when you're helping out a friend. 👍 In my opinion, I think it is actually a very good investment in helping a friend out who gives to the community in the way you have.

Sorry for the double post...apparently my previous post was saved as a draft. :confused: I must have forgot to hit the reply button. :dunce:

I quite enjoyed this one. Dingle dell proved quite tricky - kept putting the left rear on the grass which caused me to spin.

Well, since it is @et_'s idea, I'm just waiting on him to set something up so that we may all donate to the cause. I'm just a volunteer, he is the event organizer. :lol: I don't have a PayPal account otherwise I would just have people send donations there then I would buy the wheel and ship it myself. Maybe if we could find a trusted friend who lives in or close to Crank (Manchester UK, I assume) and then we could just send them the money (money orders, etc)
Yeah, my idea, but I dont want to be the organizer!:scared: I'm a volunteer like you.:P

Ok, I see you guys won't take no for an answer :) so i'll be willing to accept the wheel but seems we don't have an organizer to set the ball rolling.
I do have a PayPal account set up if that's any help.

Last edited:
Back