• Poll closed .

aceboy127

International Racing Series Owner
Premium
United States
Columbus, Ohio
aceboy127
racingaceboy127
Just wanted to hear some peoples thoughts about this topic.

I was thinking along the lines of the cars we used for the lightweight championship, but tuned up for racing.👍

Both of those other ideas would be pretty fun too.:)

I am a evening racer on the weekdays and on the weekends I race anytime.

I think that we will use either the Suzuki Cappuccino RM, or tuned versions of the cars from the Lightweight K Car Cup (in the Beginner Series).

I want some opinions on this format.

Another thing I could do is to seperate cars from FWD, RWD, AWD.

I am leaning toward a series with tuned cars from the Lightweight K car cup.

A good one would be the 1000 miles championship. You know, the one from GT4. If I end up making one it will be two classes. I just hope they have PP's by then.

A good one would be the 1000 miles championship. You know, the one from GT4. If I end up making one it will be two classes. I just hope they have PP's by then.

That could be fun, especially if they do have PP's then.

That could help me with this championship too.

GT4 did have much better championship options than GT5.

I think that we will use either the Suzuki Cappuccino RM, or tuned versions of the cars from the Lightweight K Car Cup (in the Beginner Series).

I can confirm that the Suzuki Cappuccino is a fantastic race car.

In the low power cup we've been using tuned up Cappuccinos, they aren't RM'ed but you can tell how much fun they are. Being rear wheel drive you need to work out the suspension settings to get the most from it.

Just a suggestion, there's been some bitterness in the current series, due to perceived rules breaking. So I'd say to allow ANY tuning options, so no-one can question the performance of another racer.

I would like to have at least 8 people before I start doing anything with this, so if everyone who has posted would answer the poll that would be great.

I really just need a head count, because it looks like there are about 5 or 6 interested, but only 4 have responded to the poll.

Also if we can get at least 8 people I will start a community group for this.

I can confirm that the Suzuki Cappuccino is a fantastic race car.

In the low power cup we've been using tuned up Cappuccinos, they aren't RM'ed but you can tell how much fun they are. Being rear wheel drive you need to work out the suspension settings to get the most from it.

Just a suggestion, there's been some bitterness in the current series, due to perceived rules breaking. So I'd say to allow ANY tuning options, so no-one can question the performance of another racer.

Hey thanks for the info, this also me some parameters on which to build the series.

We currently have 7 people interested and 1 maybe, just 1 more interested and I will announce the format for the championship. :D

As soon as I get home from college tomorrow I will be posting some of the championship information, I am trying to work out something with the cars right now, so I will post the car info up later.

If everyone could let me know of times of other championships that are running, so I can schedule around them. :)

Yes, we finally have 8 people that definitely want to race in this championship.

I will be home around 5 est, so at about 5:30 or 6 I will post up information for the championship.

As for the cars, I am looking to have the Suzuki Cappuccino '91, Mazda Autozam, Daihatsu OFC-1, Daihatsu Copen, Honda Beat, and some others.

Sounds like fun! I like the RM Suzuki Java (Cappucino) one of my favorites. I would like to race them with racing tires. How about the Spitfire, Ginetta or the Mini Marcos? Not sure if they could be setup to compete with the Suzuki. Lot of possibilities and it could grow as the interest grows. 👍

PSN=IndyRacer55

I was thinking of using regular cars that are tuned, and not race modified. This way there can be a ton of different cars in one race that are all near equal. :D

I was thinking of using regular cars that are tuned, and not race modified. This way there can be a ton of different cars in one race that are all near equal. :D

That's cool, I think you might be onto something. It gives you a lot more options and possibilities. I am interested in what you come up with. 👍

This could be fun, but be sure to stick with sports tires, racing tires are even more inappropriate on these cars than in the rest of the game.

This could be fun, but be sure to stick with sports tires, racing tires are even more inappropriate on these cars than in the rest of the game.

I think it would be more fun with racing tires, you would absolutely fly around the track. 👍

I would probably stick with racing hard tires though.

Back