LOW Pro's & chrome

heyguys, i just thought of something for gt4!

maybe gt4 should have low profile tyres and chrome wheels :D

i mean why not?

it shouldnt be a bad idea.

Yeah and something like you can choose your tires width and profile , and rims size... And it all affects the way you drive , you know wide tires mean worse acceleration and top end (if we don't count grip in) but better grip and driving in corners... If you put too wide or to high wheels then your car drives bad etc. Also add something like spacers or so to do track widening... Damn... imagine putting some chrome 20s on CL600... It doesn't belong in GT or racing after all , but i think this time I'll say yes - i like it... :P

Originally posted by F2002
leave the game as it is...

Nah some pepole are becoming to conservative... In my opinion... if don't change the game , then they don't have to realese another one... c'mon ... online racing , changing wheather conditions (imagine driving an endurance race and suddenly it starts to rain/snow or the sun rises or sets...) , add more tuning possibilities and make the whole thing more adjustable , add choosing wheel and tire sizes... i don't care for chrome that much , but wheel sizes could affect the gameplay... and eddy_2790 wrote "with low profile tires u can feel every bump in the road, your dualshock controllers would be shakin' 2 **** " Excuse me but low profile tires are made for racing (or at least safe and fast driving) and on all the race cars in the game you have low profile tires... Does your DS2 shake like hell when you drive your 787B? NO! Especially because tracks basically don't have that much bumps... Hell yeah i want more cars/tracks too , but that's not the only thing i'd like to see... But the thing i would love to have is... clutch... c'mon , how can a "real driving simulator" live without clutch... i mean for those that play with pads , no clutch , that's obvious , leave the game as it is... but if they made a wheel with a third pedal (clutch) i'll buy it 4 sure.... And there are many things to fix in the game anyway... Like tires smoke... Come on , if you were frying tires 10 minutes with a 1000 hp supra (at first they'll blow , but ... hmm :D )you'll make a little smoke floating in the air... not that you see the smoke only through one second and then it disappears... Also they could add a posibility to flip cars over... you know , like a stock pt cruiser is no problem to roll over , and you can roll every car after jumps , bumps etc. I'm not asking for visable damage , because it's probably to hard for the progarammers , the PS2 won't be able to hold it , and the manufacturers probably won't agree... But please don't say not to change anything in the game... Myself i'd get rid of all the rally tracks , rally cars etc and put road courses and more cars instead... Ok it's enough of this garbage :sleep: ...

I agree. I'd love to see a boatload amount of new cars and new tracks in the game, but thats not the only thing I want. I think adding small features to the game would be a good thing.

But i really wish that you could download cars to a CD-R or someother format cd/dvd that would work to download cars/tracks/anything esle (rims!?!?!)!

i can see being able to change your wheel size with in reason like 15-19 inch wheels could be available, but we need to keep out the 22's and chromed out dubs. theyre cool, they just dont keep with the spirit of Gran Turismo.
also, if you choose a larger wheel and width, this should change the performance of your car (ie: larger wheels=more weight=slower acceleration or wider wheels=better road hugging=faster slalom or skidpad ratings so on and so forth)

No crome wheels please, most are ugly and I don't like them, but rim size and tire size would be ok, as long as it's not like a size the car couldn't have in real life...also make it so that the suspension setup could make cirtain size wheels impossible because of clearence problems. Also maybe make it so you can only buy rims with the same lug pattern as the car, or you have to buy new axels to be able to use the different rims...

lets not forget the tinted windows sleek black paint lowered as far as possible nice unoffical body kit which basically is a spoiler and some side skirts a nice muffler to make a phat noise and finally a whoopping sound system to blow ya ear drums away with some bassy garage music

Yes all that would look very good on a Suzuki Alto works all that crome and stuff yea yea bad boy for life (note sarcasm)

Back