Low speed but fun

• Thread starter leoyblam
  • 25 comments
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Leo_n_C
This is gonna be a very boring article or sharing... wanna share my experience in using Mazda Eunos Roadster, a slow but fun ride.

Of course we can put the best parts and tyres on it but it makes the driving boring. Instead, I only tuned the power and weight by a little so now it is around 160hp and 870kg. Of course you could say this figure is not attractive, but I tell you I am putting comfort medium tyre on it so you can trigger sliding in corner if you want to, and you can control the accelerator well so you steer and it grips to the ground. One car can have two characters all depends on your way of driving.

The reason I am so addicted to this car is because the handling is raw that you feel you are fighting with it to get better speed. It will not get slippery always but I tell you that you need extra care when driving it. It will go understeer sometimes if the braking is too late. You get underpowered when you don't control the engine rev well.

The reason I share with you about this car is that I want to tell everybody here, that it is not a must to drive high performance car in GT. Sometimes low speed can be fun too. Wish you enjoy the other ways of enjoying Gran Turismo.

*P.S. I just completed 700km on this car and I'm gonna get more in weekend soon!

I like fast too. Actually the Roadster can go fast in corner with comfort tyre which shocked me at the very beginning.

I love this car put over 500 miles on it in the past two days, got mine tuned to 135 hp with stock diff, gears and tires. The only problem is people like to ram it, not sure if this is because it is a low powered car, uses CS tyres, or it is pink. Still I love thing and it is becoming one of my favorite cars alongside the 500 f 68 and 2CV.

It makes me laugh when people use RS tyres on cars, and you can beat them in a Miata/MX5/Roadster with CS on all 4 corners.

Can't agree more. I have owned 3 of them in real life and can confirm that they are every bit as fun in real life as they are in the game.

Add in to that the Autozam AZ-1 and you have a couple of great fun cars. They aren't going to break any course records, but you will have immense fun.

Try the premium old fiat 500 with only some power upgrades to try a slow but fun car.

I run Mine at 100hp maximum weight reduction, upgraded diff, transmission and SH tyres. top speed is about 100mph. Again so much fun to drive, I just wish there were more people like myself and the others in this thread.

I find it difficult to find an online lobby which is Low pp/HP usually this means 500PP and 300BHP ON RS, it is even dificult to try and get a racing series on GT planet set up, so far me and my friends have tried to set up NASBUS, 500 1.2 sepc racing and Miata/MX5/Roaders spec racing. Unless it is sueprcars, GT/LMP or any high powerd cars no one is interested.

I host low PP lobbies.
Usually 450pp, 260 bhp max with a weight limit of no less than 1200 kgs. No tuning or nos allowed either, on comfort soft or less tyres.
I'd be willing to host lobbies with tuning allowed if that's what people want. Same pp, bhp and weight restrictions would still apply though.
Feel free to add me an message me with the lobby you would like to be open.

I run Mine at 100hp maximum weight reduction, upgraded diff, transmission and SH tyres. top speed is about 100mph. Again so much fun to drive, I just wish there were more people like myself and the others in this thread.

I find it difficult to find an online lobby which is Low pp/HP usually this means 500PP and 300BHP ON RS, it is even dificult to try and get a racing series on GT planet set up, so far me and my friends have tried to set up NASBUS, 500 1.2 sepc racing and Miata/MX5/Roaders spec racing. Unless it is sueprcars, GT/LMP or any high powerd cars no one is interested.

I host low PP lobbies.
Usually 450pp, 260 bhp max with a weight limit of no less than 1200 kgs. No tuning or nos allowed either, on comfort soft or less tyres.
I'd be willing to host lobbies with tuning allowed if that's what people want. Same pp, bhp and weight restrictions would still apply though.
Feel free to add me an message me with the lobby you would like to be open.

This does sound good but for low pp 400pp is a good level to race at, over 300 cars to choose from. Also what is your thought on detuning, When me and my friends host lobby's we find people just detune a 500pp car and use that.

Usually I wouldn't allow detuned cars, I'd usually ask anyone who does to change their cars to a standard out the factory car.
Although with the settings as they are, 450pp, 260 bhp, and over 1200 kg's, detuning makes most of them slower than the standard cars.

This does sound good but for low pp 400pp is a good level to race at, over 300 cars to choose from. Also what is your thought on detuning, When me and my friends host lobby's we find people just detune a 500pp car and use that.

Usually I wouldn't allow detuned cars, I'd usually ask anyone who does to change their cars to a standard out the factory car.
Although with the settings as they are, 450pp, 260 bhp, and over 1200 kg's, detuning makes most of them slower than the standard cars.

Sounds good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep I definitely fit in this group. I enjoy driving the hell out of my Gen 1 Miata around Nurburgring. The only modifications I've made to it are sports exhaust, sports ecu and a #18 on the side. Everything else is stock. I have more fun driving lower powered cars like the Fiat 500F '68 and VW 1200 Beetle '66, rather than drive overpowered supercars and race cars that take the challenge out of the majority of Career mode.
I can gold most of the drift trials using a Gen 1 MX5 fitted with only a Supercharger on CH tires, and get a better score than Supra RZs and Cerbera Speed 12s. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm also in that 400pp group of "low speed but fun", I love to drive European hot hatches in their stock configuration... But it was so difficult to find 400pp (or so) lobbies with no aids, stock, CS tires that I gave up in playing online. Online is fulfilled with RS tires all around, or extremely detuned cars. Very hard to find a decent group of players.

I'm also in that 400pp group of "low speed but fun", I love to drive European hot hatches in their stock configuration... But it was so difficult to find 400pp (or so) lobbies with no aids, stock, CS tires that I gave up in playing online. Online is fulfilled with RS tires all around, or extremely detuned cars. Very hard to find a decent group of players.
Hey man, I feel your pain. Lots of RS racers around GT6. It sickens me.
With that being said, me and a group of friends have started 400PP SH racing. Feel free to send me a friend request, as me and my buddies will have a room up from time-to-time. We never detune our cars unless it's a maximum of 5PP over 400. Usually it's 1 lap around the Nurburgring on SH tires, but we'll occasionally change things up and run some classic GT tracks such as Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. We're always looking for more racers who are into this stuff as well. With the right people who know how to race clean, 400PP racing can be just as intense and fun as the much higher PP levels. 👍
Here's our current list of drivers:
GTPLANET Name/PSN ID
@ZDUPH/JeepXJFreak98
@coxbox/coxbox
@RustedMind/Draco2025
@KM964/KevinRachel2009
@Ericiscoollike/Ericiscoollike
@soloaded/soloaded
As you can see, it's quite the small list, so why not give it a go and join us? :)
All drivers of all skill levels are welcome. All assists are usually switched off with the exception of ABS, which is left on. We run Sports Hard tires, and there are no restrictions on the vehicles that are within 400PP, with the exception of race cars. We do not allow race cars, but putting numbers on your vehicle is fine. Also nitrous is prohibited, along with excessive use of the power limiter, but besides that, tuning is unlimited.
Here are some pictures from a few races we've had.
@RustedMind's Tigra and my Demio GL-X
IqS7IQ6.jpg

A random's Civic and my Demio (same race)
CJQx376.jpg

A pack of randoms on Tsukuba (I'm not in this picture)
qYzChSy.jpg

@soloaded's AE86 chasing down my Cappuccino and a random's Tuscani
Wei7ock.jpg

Great thread! I love mucking around with low powered cars on comforts.

MX-5 NA and MR2 SC '86 as mentioned above, great. Loved the MR2 in GT4, still remember the two tone green and tan paint.

Other nice cars:
Datsun Fairlady 2000 (SR311) - absolute little gem, powerful for what it is.
Mazda Cosmo/110s, oversteering pain in GT5, much nicer in GT6.
S13 K's Dia selection, or even Q's if you're really not fussed about the power.

All of the above are even nicer (IMHO) with ABS off, it just feels to me like you can get a bit more rotation at times by chucking the car in under braking.

I also tuned the old Beetle to 170hp with very severe turbo lag, and also the RR character drove me crazy. A challenging car as well.

Hey man, I feel your pain. Lots of RS racers around GT6. It sickens me.
With that being said, me and a group of friends have started 400PP SH racing. Feel free to send me a friend request, as me and my buddies will have a room up from time-to-time. We never detune our cars unless it's a maximum of 5PP over ...

Sounds interesting and be sure that I will give it a try. As I said I'm keen to play with stock cars, CS, aid free, but for the sake of a good race, I'm going to change the rules :cheers:. Today I´ll add you but probably our playing times are different and also I can't play as regularly as I want.

Cheers!

I've got to say that the biggest attraction of GT, to me, is the ability to drive cars I have owned or might buy. I don't mind having the Ferraris etc. in the game but I love the GTIs and RSs and other hot hatches, the MX5s, MR2s, MG TFs and of course the car to the left of this post.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the latest updates have helped the MR2s handling (the Mk3).

We do 400pp races with my psn freinds almost everyday ;)

Latest Posts

Back