M3?!?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter nismo4life
  • 67 comments
  • 3,142 views
Messages
357
Whats so great about it...i see so many people talking about it and taking pictures, and racing it....can someone explain it to me..??? this is not just in GT4 but in real life also...i mean ok i definately give it props for having such a powerful engine.....

3.2 Liter I6
333bhp
262 ft/lb

but still...i dont see anything that great about it...oh well, maybe its just me
 
It's just you. It's widely acknowledged to be one of the best-handling, most fun to drive cars ever built.
 
It's down to the handeling, bmw are known for there perfect 50/50 wieght distibution, the fact that it can seat 4 people in comfort and can keep up with more expensive cars. I suppose you'd have to drive or be driven in one to really understand.
 
Um,let's see; legendary heritage,balanced chassis,great tuning potential and great looks,luxury withperformance.Want any more reasons.


(sorry if I come across as rude,I just love the ///M3)
 
Jacks
I suppose you'd have to drive or be driven in one to really understand.

Quite true and a very good point.

Porsche 911s are another example of this, I've seen so many people moan about how 911s are overated and that they just don't get them. Stick them in one for half an hour and they come back as total converts, the change is amazing to see.

I should know I used to hate 911s (with no good reason) until I drove one, my god the traction you get coming out of a corner is like nothing else. Every one should try one (and an M3 for that matter).

Regards

Scaff
 
nismo4life
Whats so great about it...i see so many people talking about it and taking pictures, and racing it....can someone explain it to me..??? this is not just in GT4 but in real life also...i mean ok i definately give it props for having such a powerful engine.....

3.2 Liter I6
333bhp
262 ft/lb

but still...i dont see anything that great about it...oh well, maybe its just me


Are you nuts?

The M3 is the god of the German built sports cars.It's light,it's powerful,and it handles like a feather! (Which is good).
 
GTRacer4
Um,let's see; legendary heritage,balanced chassis,great tuning potential and great looks,luxury withperformance.Want any more reasons.


(sorry if I come across as rude,I just love the ///M3)


the great tuning potential you speak of....is that the one that has you spend thousands of dollars for minimal performance?

and sorry, i just had never read anything about the handling...i can voucher first hand for the USDM Lancer Evolution 8, for i have gone for many rides and the car does handle remarkably, but i guess i need to ask one of my dads friends to take me for a ride, he has an '02 blue M3 6spd, sooo yea....another thing...the SMG.....is it basically a clutchelss manual..or is it tiptronic like the M5..in the pictures it looks like a normal 6spd, but i;ve heard the term clutchless manual thrown around...thanks for the replies

edit: AA Supercharger for an E46, $9,400 for 80hp.

edit:We are talking about the E46 im assuming....is the E36 just as good in handling?
 
One of my friends owns a M3 04. It sure rides confirtable than my STi. When it comes to cornering, I believe it's even more stable than Sti. (Maybe because Sti is much taller). Only thing I dont like about M3 is, my friends' is a SMG transmission, for some reason there is a big :dopey: lag when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear, after that it's all fine.
 
nismox4xlife: Hi. Are you there?
twisty9101: who is this?
nismox4xlife: nismo4life
twisty9101: ah
nismox4xlife: off gtp
nismox4xlife: question
twisty9101: the guy who doesnt know about the M3?
twisty9101: ;)
nismox4xlife: more of an opinion
nismox4xlife: ...
twisty9101: :P
nismox4xlife: i dont know anything thats not Japanese
nismox4xlife: basically
twisty9101: Well
nismox4xlife: i know a little about audi
nismox4xlife: but thats it
twisty9101: the M3 is a legend
twisty9101: BMW in itself is a Legend
nismox4xlife: ehh
twisty9101: almost any German automaker is legendary
nismox4xlife: i give them props
nismox4xlife: pfff
nismox4xlife: dont even go there
nismox4xlife: MB sucks ass
nismox4xlife: in luxury
twisty9101: Mercedes,BMW,Audi,Porshce/RUF
nismox4xlife: 2005 LS430>2005 S500
twisty9101: All of which combine luxury and performance
twisty9101: 2003 M3 CSL > Nissan Skyline R32,33 and possibly a 34
twisty9101: I **** you not,my friend.
nismox4xlife: CF NSX>CSL
nismox4xlife: lol
nismox4xlife: but if you want to play
nismox4xlife: ill play
twisty9101: Nope
nismox4xlife: Pagani Zonda C12>CSL
twisty9101: The CSL will outrun most any car on the road
twisty9101: common cars,that is
nismox4xlife: Jeremy Clarkson makes cool videos
nismox4xlife: lol
nismox4xlife: too bad its not for sale
twisty9101: they are underestimated by self-centered people liek you (don't take that harshly)
twisty9101: like*
nismox4xlife: haha
nismox4xlife: im not self centered
twisty9101: You are centered towards certain cars
nismox4xlife: i just dont particularly care for german cars
nismox4xlife: cuz most suck
twisty9101: and have no open mind to others
twisty9101: see,exactly
twisty9101: your BIASED
nismox4xlife: because they suck
nismox4xlife: lol
nismox4xlife: i hate american cars
nismox4xlife: but
twisty9101: Wow kid...how old are you?
nismox4xlife: i test drove with my dad an LS430, STS, S500, 745Li, new M45
nismox4xlife: because hes old and likes soft suspension he got the LS
nismox4xlife: but keep this in mind
nismox4xlife: the S500 is at the botton of the list
nismox4xlife: slow as **** accel.
nismox4xlife: now if it was an E55AMG....forget it
twisty9101: good for you
nismox4xlife: the 745Li is a ****ing masterpiece
nismox4xlife: fantastic car
nismox4xlife: i loved it
twisty9101: Any of those cars would be beat by the CSL
nismox4xlife: the others sucked
twisty9101: See,I have an open mind to all cars
nismox4xlife: funny how they are all luxury sport sedans
twisty9101: I respect them all
twisty9101: Whether it's a subaru 360 or a McLaren F1
nismox4xlife: and the CSL was built for a racing purpose
nismox4xlife: the Mclaren is overrated
twisty9101: No it wasn't
twisty9101: It was built to bel ightweight
nismox4xlife: thats why they built so few of them?
twisty9101: be*
twisty9101: Not just for racing
nismox4xlife: because they wanted to make a lightweight luxury car
nismox4xlife: unless your going to put it to use why would you spend the extra money?
twisty9101: kid,please just hold up
twisty9101: ok you thinkl all german cars are luxury
twisty9101: yes,alot are
nismox4xlife: no i dont
nismox4xlife: vw isnt
twisty9101: but they COMBINE it with performance
nismox4xlife: not all do
twisty9101: Jesus christ SHUT THE **** UP
nismox4xlife: lol
twisty9101: I didn't say every ****ing car is performance biased
nismox4xlife: i never said they are all luxury
twisty9101: But german-made cars are NOT just luxury
nismox4xlife: whatever
twisty9101: i can name MANY German-built cars that can outrun alot of your cars you think are so badass
nismox4xlife: the ones that are suck monkey testicles
nismox4xlife: yea
twisty9101: name a car that is commonly used on the road
twisty9101: in Japan
nismox4xlife: they are also >$50,000
twisty9101: no Pagani Zonda or whatever
twisty9101: ok i don't care about the price
nismox4xlife: do you think i know, i dont ****ing live there
twisty9101: stuff it about the price,and name a car
nismox4xlife: Lancer Evolution
twisty9101: name a commonly driven japanese car then
twisty9101: ok
twisty9101: BMW M3
twisty9101: BMW M3 CSL
twisty9101: BMW M3 GTR Street
nismox4xlife: CSL is not commonly driven
twisty9101: BMW 330i
nismox4xlife: and a 330i will not beat an Evo 8
twisty9101: BMW M5
twisty9101: BMW M6
twisty9101: shall i continue?
nismox4xlife: ...too bad EACH of those is over 38,000 dollars
twisty9101: SHUT GTHE **** UP ABOUT THE PRICE
nismox4xlife: your comparing a ****ing sports sedan with a ****ing V8 powered 500hp beast?
twisty9101: YOUR WANTING PERFORMANCE,IM COMPARING PERFORMANCE
nismox4xlife: no
nismox4xlife: see this is where you are wrong
twisty9101: that ****ing V8 Powered 500 HP beast is what you called earlier slow
nismox4xlife: you CANNOT compare a 2 liter turbo 4 cylinder with a 5 liter V8
twisty9101: ok name something comparable then
nismox4xlife: i never called the E60 slow
nismox4xlife: i said the S500 was slow and mercedes sucks in Luxury
nismox4xlife: i never said bad **** about BMW, i just dont like them
twisty9101: *yawn* this is so pointless
twisty9101: your stating your opinion
twisty9101: not any facts
nismox4xlife: go watch best motoring and watch the M3 get schooled by a V-Spec II
twisty9101: AHAHAHAHA
twisty9101: ROTFL
nismox4xlife: and my own opinions are what i've been saying from the beginning
twisty9101: EXACTLY
twisty9101: you base your **** on opinions
twisty9101: im stating FACTS
nismox4xlife: YOU chose to misinterpret them
twisty9101: your a japan fanboy
nismox4xlife: have you ever driven a BMW
nismox4xlife: ******
twisty9101: im open minded to all cars
nismox4xlife: a 745?
nismox4xlife: cuz i bet you havent
twisty9101: oh wow,great job
nismox4xlife: i have
nismox4xlife: i knwo the difference between them
twisty9101: your calling me something racist?
twisty9101: your about as dumb as a 3 inch doornail
nismox4xlife: at least im not a ******
twisty9101: and i am?
twisty9101: see,your racist,my friend
nismox4xlife: i dont honestly give a ****
nismox4xlife: no
twisty9101: No?
twisty9101: NO?
nismox4xlife: i just like calling stupid people a ******
twisty9101: LOL!
nismox4xlife: because its funny
nismox4xlife: ******
twisty9101: A "******" is a derogatory term for a black male or female in the civilized place we call Earth
nismox4xlife: i know
nismox4xlife: and here you go
nismox4xlife: compare your precious M3
nismox4xlife: to a 3000GT MR
nismox4xlife: which
twisty9101: OK
nismox4xlife: standard quarter mile is in the high 12's
nismox4xlife: handling is very SUPERIOR
twisty9101: *yawn*
nismox4xlife: and the car is discontinued
nismox4xlife: it anally rapes your M4
nismox4xlife: M3*
twisty9101: The M3s handling is SUPERIOR to whatever the 3000GT could ever be like
twisty9101: and being discontinued mkes it better...how
twisty9101: ?
twisty9101: Exactly.
nismox4xlife: sorry iwas busy doing more useful things
nismox4xlife: its discontinued making it old technologyu
nismox4xlife: and it still can **** up your precious E46 M3
twisty9101: Oh this is hilarious
nismox4xlife: go read up about 3/S's
nismox4xlife: then come talk to me
nismox4xlife: i have better things to do
twisty9101: so do i
twisty9101: but im trying to show you that being biased isn't the way to go
nismox4xlife: i hate american cars
twisty9101: see,youir biased
nismox4xlife: i can first hand voucher
nismox4xlife: i owned them
twisty9101: you hate anything not japanese
nismox4xlife: they are horrible cars
nismox4xlife: i hate germans
nismox4xlife: .
nismox4xlife: its TASTE
nismox4xlife: and opinions
twisty9101: no,it's BIASED
nismox4xlife: just drop it
twisty9101: you don't liek them
nismox4xlife: no
twisty9101: but that doesnt mean they suck

Apparently talking sense into this guy is nowhere near logical.
 
nismo4life
the great tuning potential you speak of....is that the one that has you spend thousands of dollars for minimal performance?

edit: AA Supercharger for an E46, $9,400 for 80hp.

edit:We are talking about the E46 im assuming....is the E36 just as good in handling?

Adding 80hp? 340hp->420hp That's worth 10,000 dollars, becuase it puts the lighter, more agile M3 past the E39 M5 in power, yet still ends up costing $10,000 less than that M5. It's true that European cars are more expensive to tune, but the parts are much higher quality than the ****ty turbos that get thrown into Civics. I would gladly throw money at Dinan all day.

The E36 was very good in handling, but the E46 is on a pedestal. Probably the best overall BMW built to date.
 
kylehnat
Adding 80hp? 340hp->420hp That's worth 10,000 dollars, becuase it puts the lighter, more agile M3 past the E39 M5 in power, yet still ends up costing $10,000 less than that M5. It's true that European cars are more expensive to tune, but the parts are much higher quality than the ****ty turbos that get thrown into Civics. I would gladly throw money at Dinan all day.

The E36 was very good in handling, but the E46 is on a pedestal. Probably the best overall BMW built to date.

actually buddy its more like 270-330....im talking Wheel horsepower, not crank...
 
Ok, it's not often I get mad but this post has really done my head in.

DONT COMMENT ON A CAR IN RL UNLESS YOU HAVE DRIVEN IT LOTS IN DIFFERENT CONDITIONS.

Ok, so I've not drove the latest M3 LOTS, but I've drove it a fair bit. I have to say, it's brilliant. I won't say much on this, as I've only covered probably 500 miles in one, and only about 150m on B-roads. So, I can't give a full in depth review, as I've not tested it properly (it wasn't mine, and I didn't want to bin it :) )

Now onto my M3.

It's an original D-reg left hand drive (would NEVER get it converted) with the big boot spoiler etc, totally standard. It's unreal. Brilliant off the line, handles brilliantly, and is so much fun to stick the back end out on. Sometimes I'm not sure if I like the sound of it, but that's because I compare it to my XR2, and I love that car to bits!

But, it's absolutely perfect, so don't slam an M3 until you've driven one!

And regarding the 911, I know what you mean about traction out of a corner. They are brilliant! The thing that is bad about them, is you always think you're going to die going into the corner.... Had a few goes around the track in one, and many MANY miles on the good ol' B roads!

"don't slide don't slide....."
 
MachOne
Apparently talking sense into this guy is nowhere near logical.

i like how he kept trying to prove the M3 CSL is all great and mighty by telling me it would beat overweight LUXURY SEDANS....how are you going to compare a Coupe that has a friggin CF roof for christ sake, with 4,000 boats...You can't. and that convo was also followed up by me saying. they suck to me...adn for the record..i never said BMW sucked and wasnt performance, all i was stating is the Mercedes Benz is a joke when it comes to Luxury...friggin ijit
 
Lavindathar
Ok, it's not often I get mad but this post has really done my head in.

DONT COMMENT ON A CAR IN RL UNLESS YOU HAVE DRIVEN IT LOTS IN DIFFERENT CONDITIONS.

Ok, so I've not drove the latest M3 LOTS, but I've drove it a fair bit. I have to say, it's brilliant. I won't say much on this, as I've only covered probably 500 miles in one, and only about 150m on B-roads. So, I can't give a full in depth review, as I've not tested it properly (it wasn't mine, and I didn't want to bin it :) )

Now onto my M3.

It's an original D-reg left hand drive (would NEVER get it converted) with the big boot spoiler etc, totally standard. It's unreal. Brilliant off the line, handles brilliantly, and is so much fun to stick the back end out on. Sometimes I'm not sure if I like the sound of it, but that's because I compare it to my XR2, and I love that car to bits!

But, it's absolutely perfect, so don't slam an M3 until you've driven one!

And regarding the 911, I know what you mean about traction out of a corner. They are brilliant! The thing that is bad about them, is you always think you're going to die going into the corner.... Had a few goes around the track in one, and many MANY miles on the good ol' B roads!

"don't slide don't slide....."

i never slammed M3's..i jsut said i don't see whats so great about them
 
lol you guys take this too seriously. everyone has their opinions. let them be. dont worry i didnt think there was anything to m3's or m5's until i got a ride in one and started to pay attention to the details bmw puts in. but i dont consider it a "legend" as some of you guys call it lol. its by no means a legends. its just a very good car
 
nismo4life
actually buddy its more like 270-330....im talking Wheel horsepower, not crank...
No it's not, the M3 has more than that at the wheels. It's also faster than a Subaru Impreza STi or Lancer Evo VIIII. They're also built to a very high standard, tuning wise they are expensive but thats because BMW is a prestige brand, Subaru, Nissan and Mitsubishi are not. And the price of tuning parts is down to the tuners, if you want to go into tuning you can argue days and get no where, one will be better than the other in different ways.
 
live4speed
No it's not, the M3 has more than that at the wheels. It's also faster than a Subaru Impreza STi or Lancer Evo VIIII. They're also built to a very high standard, tuning wise they are expensive but thats because BMW is a prestige brand, Subaru, Nissan and Mitsubishi are not. And the price of tuning parts is down to the tuners, if you want to go into tuning you can argue days and get no where, one will be better than the other in different ways.

M3 wheel hp
 
This is funny. What a moron.

I love Japanese cars too (and American cars for that matter) but...I drive an Evo VIII.

I would gladly give up my Evo for a M3, and I'd probably throw in my first-born child as well.

Kid, until you drive one, you JUST WON'T UNDERSTAND. And please don't drive one until you grow up a little. You don't deserve to.

And I'm spent...
 
Androoos
This is funny. What a moron.

I love Japanese cars too (and American cars for that matter) but...I drive an Evo VIII.

I would gladly give up my Evo for a M3, and I'd probably throw in my first-born child as well.

Kid, until you drive one, you JUST WON'T UNDERSTAND. And please don't drive one until you grow up a little. You don't deserve to.

And I'm spent...


i honestly dont care to...im very happy with the LS
 
Androoos
This is funny. What a moron.

I love Japanese cars too (and American cars for that matter) but...I drive an Evo VIII.

I would gladly give up my Evo for a M3, and I'd probably throw in my first-born child as well.

Kid, until you drive one, you JUST WON'T UNDERSTAND. And please don't drive one until you grow up a little. You don't deserve to.

And I'm spent...

Man I would do that too with my STi lol. 👍 but i dont have a kid yet.
 
nismo4life
i honestly dont care to...im very happy with the LS

Good. You just proved you don't like fast cars. The LS430 is a pig if I've ever seen one. :yuck:

You also proved you're still a moron.
 
Androoos
Good. You just proved you don't like fast cars. The LS430 is a pig if I've ever seen one. :yuck:

You also proved you're still a moron.

you ever driven one? cuz if you have you would know its faster than a stock G35/350Z

and while your at it....the other guy wanted to compare the Evo 8 to the CSL...compare the CSL to the FQ-400
 
Androoos
Good. You just proved you don't like fast cars. The LS430 is a pig if I've ever seen one. :yuck:

You also proved you're still a moron.
he's just proved he doesnt like m3's. now if he said he doenst like ferraris, lamborghinis, porsches or any other exotic. then you could say he doesnt like fast cars. but to say he doesnt like fast cars based of his opinion on not liking m3's or some other european car is very stupid.
-u said something about someone proving they're a moron?

its obvious someone is going to like their car more than others. just because its theirs. my brother has a cbr900rr(motorcycle). he thinks its the ****. it might not be but he thinks it is. its all in what you drive
 
Actually, what proved he doesn't like fast cars is that he likes the LS430. But that doesn't really prove he doesn't like FAST cars, it proves he doesn't like cars that handle well. Which is odd for a japanese fanboy, usually they claim handling is the end-all of performance. Oh yeah, and 4wd. Oh, and dude, claiming a 3000GT can beat an M3 in ANY performance category shows just how little you know about either car. If you don't care about handling, the M3 isn't your car, but it's won more than one "best handling car in the world" competition by multiple magazines. I remember one where they put it up against everything from NSXs to Vipers to Vettes to Ferraris, and they decided that the M3 had the best handling out of all of them. And not just skidpad or slalom numbers, but predictability, feel, confidence, and everything. The M3 is a wonderfully balanced car that is a kick in the pants to drive, and I want one very badly. If you don't like them, that's fine...I didn't either until I learned more about them. But don't make stupid claims like a 3000GT could beat an M3 :crazy:
 
Take an RL M3 CSL out on the 'ring.... The M3 was practiacally bred there.. that's why the suspension is so good.. you have a legendary coupe + the final evolution of their 3.6 L6, lose a couple of pounds here and there and presto, best handling sports coupe for 4 straight years. People like it coz it's a blast to drive, civilised or otherwise. This is the same reason people like Evos or Scoobys or GTRs even. the BMW M3 is the best thing to come from Bavaria since that donut :D
 
No offense to anyone, but do you all come from wealthy families? I work my ass off to earn money, while going to college, and I can barely afford the upkeep on a crappy '89 Dodge.

As for the topic at hand, does it really matter how the car handles? I worry about gas mileage. Unless you push the car to it's limits around every bend, and swerve through traffic, I don't see how it really matters how a car handles. If you do drive like that, you're probably a menace on the roads.
 
nismo4life
Whats so great about it...i see so many people talking about it and taking pictures, and racing it....can someone explain it to me..??? this is not just in GT4 but in real life also...i mean ok i definately give it props for having such a powerful engine.....

3.2 Liter I6
333bhp
262 ft/lb

but still...i dont see anything that great about it...oh well, maybe its just me

If you find a more interesting car to drive on the Ring, then drive it...
 
The Time has come for everyone to calm down. NOW. Oh, no more namecalling, period.
 
Corvette
If you find a more interesting car to drive on the Ring, then drive it...

BMW 2002ti... :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Back