Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Killer Cobra, what the hell?

This thread is a closed setup thread. For MFT setups only.

You've copied our setup sheet directly, and you're posting your setup in a very wrong place. This doesn't look good at all.

Edit that post to remove the settings in case you don't want us to begin a personal war against you. We couldn't care less about your settings, post them in the Tuner Garages and we may change our mind.

EDIT - Thank you.

I'm grateful that you removed your settings this quickly. And please, don't copy others settings sheets like that, it's considered as laziness and bad manners in here. And next time, please use just a few minutes more and read first post of the thread, okay?

Ok

As promised, Here comes my review of the 3000Gt-R

This review might look quite similar to the fantastic review made my Brock5000.
Despite my english grammar is a lot worse.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

One day I was taking a walk in a park close to my house in Sweden when I saw two Mitsubishis racing on the street.

One of them was a Lancer Evo VIII and the other one was a.....
What was it? Not an Eclipse, Not a Gpo and absolutely not a Lancer..

Directly I called my friend and described the car to him.
He told me that it could be a 3000Gt.

I liked the car very much so I decided to get myself one of these and since I'm one of the greatest Racing Drivers in the world, I have a lot of cash to buy and tune it.

I started to look on the internet for this car.. I found out that the '96 years model had a superior look against the '98 year model which I actually think is pretty ugly.

img0000cm7.jpg

The '96 year model has a superior look against the '98 year model

Anyway.. I bought the car and then I directly called the Mad FinnTuners.
They were quite happy of hearing from me again and when I told them I have another car for them, I swear I could hear them smile :)

I spoked with Leonidae for about 30 minutes and then we decided to team up at the Nürburgring a week later.

The very day was a sunny and hot day with just small amount of wind.
Perfect.

After a cup of tee (Leonidaes choice :lol: ) they started to work on my car while I looked on the track layout.

A few hours later they were done with my car and I was told to take it out for a spin..

Not long after that I slowly drove out from the pit, very expectant of what this car could do.

When I got out on the track I floored the throttle and the engine responded immediantly with a great acceleration. I geared up to third gear and entered the first corner in 190 km/h.

img0001lh5.jpg

The 3000Gt-R kind of drifted thru the corner at 190 km/h

The car oversteered but I managed to control it and the car kind of drifted thru the corner.
When I entered the next turn I had a huge smile on my lips

The suspension setup was amazing, along with all other settings..

I almost managed to take the most corners att same speed as with my Race cars, for example my Bmw McLaren F1.

I found out that the car understeered a little at very high speed corners but the car felt very stable on the strait even though I reached 350 km/h.

But it was somethin I didn't like with the brakes. When braking from very high speed the car directly became lethal and uncontrolable. That forced me to brake quite early compared with other cars with a stable and safe braking.

While in the corners the car easily followed my smallest command with a great cornering speed.
Sometimes I even could skip the braking before entering specificant corners.

Now I'm starting to run out of time so I have to end this review.

But first;

Overall the car is fantastic to drive, very stable with a great acceleration that leaves the most other street cars far behind. The brakes could be better.

I tested the ugly '98 year model and didn't notice any difference with the gear ratios.. It worked perfectly on both the '96 and the '98.

But it surely is one of my favourite car of your cars that I've tested.
Along with the Volvo S60 and the Gekko-R (R34per)

The following pictures are from my test driving on Deep Forest Raceway. My favourite track in the game.

img0003am3.jpg

img0004cr7.jpg

img0005nm9.jpg

I hope you liked my review.. Even though It can't be compared to Brock5000s.
Yet I did my best.

Yet I did my best.
And that's what counts. 👍

Since when has Leonidae dropped coffee in favour of tea? This is getting interesting if he isn't overdosed on caffeine anymore! :P

Seriously speaking, the car is indeed a bit of a killer in hard brakings as Leo didn't fit an LSD, just to get sharper responses. It was more controllable with it, but also understeered a lot more and thus was released as it is.

Good to hear that the S60R worked too, and of course, thanks for the review!

That is truly magnificent review, and I humbly thank you for it. And as usual, one request is allowed. :)

and no, I haven't dropped coffee yet. Germans just make so weak coffee that it is tea in my books. :D

Rotary Junkie - You should see the coffee some of us drink... it looks like tar, it is so thick that the spoon stands in it, and that is only if the spoon doesn't melt. :lol:

Frozen - You can bet we like every review that is even half decent. And yours was a lot more than that. 👍 By the way, as far as I know, Gekko-R isn't the same car as Grim R34per - Leonidae reworked it as he thought it wasn't good enough. And thanks for the kind words!

That is correct. Gekko-R is your neighbours friendly reptile, but Grim R34per is something you come across only once in your lifetime, if you're lucky..

and now my Tuner radar tells me that Loon is bit anxious about RUF. It is very likely that it'll be ready around tomorrow evening..

Having been away from the MFT garage for so long it was good to come back and have such a choice of truly fast and competitive setups.

Deciding on the R34, first came the task of returning it to a 'road' spec; given its recent 340mph antics (Basically meant changing the settings and needing to buy tyres other than the super hard and super softs already fitted).

Initial impressions of the car were extremely good. All too often with Skyline's there's a risk of having a high powered car that has a sense of being over controlled, thankfully this wasn't the case. Starting at GVS, the initial S curve before the long wind onto the straight gave a good indication of the cars nimbleness. The car was quick to change direction without being snappy, and given its high power and under full throttle, it gave a feeling of a controlled four-wheel slide/drift - even so, it held the intended lines with ease.

In my experience of GVS, the first corner after the start/finish line gives a good indication of the cars orientation, whether towards oversteer or understeer. Under hard braking, both the front and rear were held well within the suspensions limits, offering a slight oversteer on the throttle out of the corner. This was productive to being able to achieve an easy 'out-out-in' racing line that gave a good run for the next corners.

Coming into the next set of 's' sweepers, the car was fully composed keeping to the intended racing line without fidgeting. Its 4WD nature inevitably shone through having good traction both in and out of the corners, being able to make good use of its power.

The sharp hairpin was dispatched off with ease. The brakes providing a well balanced and predictable reaction, almost allowing for a trail braking-esque technique. As with the other low speed corners, good modulation (which also proved to be essential) gave the car the chance to pull strongly out of the corner and gain speed quickly.

Into the next complex of corners, the car showed good balance with the suspension being in full control of the cars weight shifting - thankfully giving a neutral character which didn't upset the car when asked to change direction in quick succession.

Overall, the car gave a confident stance as well as a test of nerves; encouraging later and later braking as well teasing as to how early the throttle could be applied. Going into corners it was quick to change direction and also had the traction to pull itself out with ease from a wide range of corners. Braking was at points verging on being 'soft', but on the whole the braking was well balanced and precise.

Testing was also done at my usual of Suzuka, and the results from GVS were only confirmed on the Japanese track. Laps times finished as 1'48.496 around Suzuka and a time of 1'38.757 around GVS - both of which happen to be the fastest official times I have posted around the tracks when using a MFT tuned car (I've tested the 870GT which has proved much faster though I haven't quite made my mind up about how I feel it handles).

So Leo, nice work with the Grim R34per; your efforts have given a car that is well deserving of praise 👍

Pyrelli

~Long and excellent review~

...So Leo, nice work with the Grim R34per; your efforts have given a car that is well deserving of praise 👍

Pyrelli

Thank you for the well-detailed review of my fastest car ever. I'm seriously doubting that I could come up with anything faster than this car. And as our rules say, you have a chance to choose a car to be tuned if you wish. 👍

And if it's not too much of trouble, R390/870GT deserves similar attention as this one, since it was his direct answer to my fastest car.

You know, I originally thought the cars that used to be Nissans (Before being MFT'd), one of them was going to be the TokyoShow Concept. I promise I will review the Grim Reaper, the R390, and maybe the 3000GT.

Thank you for the well-detailed review of my fastest car ever. I'm seriously doubting that I could come up with anything faster than this car. And as our rules say, you have a chance to choose a car to be tuned if you wish. 👍

And if it's not too much of trouble, R390/870GT deserves similar attention as this one, since it was his direct answer to my fastest car.

Well no worries there, I've never been in the position where I've had to really think about my impressions of car; a full and comprehensive review of its handling characteristics will be given.

In brief, the car is extremely nimble and does away with coming close to the limits; prefering to force the issue and consistently drive on or more often above the limits of its tyres. This gives a muddy feeling, particulaly at lower 'cruise' speeds it can sometimes feel completely planted, but under full racing conditions and pushing 110%, its nimbleness becomes snappy and can appear over eager - however this nature is needed given its length and is essential to achieving quick lap times.

At high speed, particularly around 130R - the high levels of downforce are given the chance to shine; taking to the corner with ease and with unquestionable control. I am under the impression that high speed has to be maintained throughout a lap to take advantage of the high downforce and to keep the snappiness at bay.

However, I am still undecided as to how the car 'reacts'. Under braking it has very different characteristics for each corner. The brakes have a quick bite and are undeniably effective, but this can encourage the rear end to snap and swing out - but strangely it can also feel planted at other times; perhaps this is down to the the approach into the given corners.

As promised, an indepth review will be given once more testing has been done. However I've never had a good relationship with this variation of the R390 so it might take a while. But Grey, rest assured that I am fully aware of the efforts put into the setup and what it represents; this is ultimately a race car not suited even for advanced racers or enthusiasts, but tuned to be an uncompromising tool for the pursuit of the very fastest lap times - as such I am taking my time with it as not to mistake my driving errors for faults with the cars setup; just a precaution to be fair and representative in its review.

Pyrelli

Edit: Leo, I don't have a car in mind at the moment to be tuned; if possible could I PM you with it later on, it might be quite a while though..?

Maybe it will be time to bring Boris and Natasha to the tuner garage thread, and we can try each others' RUFs ;)

Boris is er um- the OTHER kind of RUF. The 'rgt with stage four turbo and ungodly power mods' kind :D

If you'll try Boris I will start off by making and trying yours, and reviewing it as comprehensively as possible within my limited capacities... it'll be on the Ring because that's what I'm used to driving too fast on :D

And as a part-Finn by birth I plead guilty on the ridiculous coffee. I have taken to drinking it in rather small cups so it can be the way I want it, but I don't explode :)

:lol: That's fine by me. I'll get the RUF you mentioned tomorrow and see what it's capable of.

and now my Tuner radar tells me that Loon is bit anxious about RUF. It is very likely that it'll be ready around tomorrow evening..

You're good, I am a little anxious, I've already went out and bought a brand new car awaiting your settings.

I've noticed something about Leonidae and Greycap: they seem to have mind-melded with me. First, I thought a Corolla would be nice, and asked Greycap for one. But then, Leonidae made one as well. I then began to wish that they would produce a Nissan R390, and they spontaneously did. I then decided that the fun of rediculously fast cars is overrated, and they each made comments about not exceeding 2000cc. Finally, I began to consider requesting a Lancer Evo III, and one mentions that he has a few old Evos that he is refining right now. This is both spooky and groovy to the highest degree. That's right, I said it: GROOVY
:)
btw, my name is Suzuki-derived.

EDIT: Also, I would love to test another car or two right now, but I've only got like 80K credits. I'll do it later, I guess.

I know the Gekko-R and the Grim R34per isn't the same but it's the same car, just with different settings.. that's why I put the ( ) there...

And now for my request.. Actually a muscle car..

Chevrolet Camaro SS... The car you can buy in Chevrolets Legendary car section for about 60.000 cr.

I want it with full power but still controlable..
It would also be nice if it tended to oversteer in sharp corners so I can "drift" thru corners when I like...

I'm grateful that you removed your settings this quickly. And please, don't copy others settings sheets like that, it's considered as laziness and bad manners in here. And next time, please use just a few minutes more and read first post of the thread, okay?

uh, about Killer Cobra, what exactly happened??? why is his post like that?? it only has **Removed** on it.., it seems you had quite of a fight, didnt you??

So Leo, nice work with the Grim R34per; your efforts have given a car that is well deserving of praise 👍

Pyrelli

so much talk about the Grim R34per, ever since it was unveiled.., wish i could drive it, it must be really an excellent tuner.., :)

I know the Gekko-R and the Grim R34per isn't the same but it's the same car, just with different settings.. that's why I put the ( ) there...

And now for my request.. Actually a muscle car..

Chevrolet Camaro SS... The car you can buy in Chevrolets Legendary car section for about 60.000 cr.

I want it with full power but still controlable..
It would also be nice if it tended to oversteer in sharp corners so I can "drift" thru corners when I like...

Very well. What about tyres, wing, aspiration..?

And =Drifting24/7=, next time use edit-button insteadd of making multiple posts in row, mmkay? It keeps this thread clean. We indeed dd have a bit of a clash, since 1.) he did post his settings here even though this is a closed setup thread, and 2.) he blatantly copied our settings sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back