Mad Tunes - New Hellcat & Amuse S2000 update

• Thread starter madmyk
  • 102 comments
I'm back from vacation tonight. I'll check tomorrow. I can also post what I have for the Mach Forty which is good but not great. It's really bad on gas so I stopped working on it.
Cool, thanks.

Dodging the heat wave? Good plan!

Roadster Shop Rampage
700pp
Very fun for a bug-zapper! Performed much better than expected, accelerated and cornered VERY well. Oversteer on release of a heavy brake (like all FR’s do), easily mitigated by burst-braking. Got caught in the wet with slicks, that was only a problem for half a lap thankfully. As stated, she’ll only get 2 laps with fuel, but when a car is that much fun to drive that never bothers me. Another great tune!

7A3D3F32-5DFC-4A20-A411-CFA3A0D741A2.jpeg
59952CF6-34AF-4C9B-9D61-5A61C568B56C.jpeg

Last edited:
Escudo!!!
Suzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '98
OK, so I managed to de-tune this down to not only 700, but 600 as well, without fundamentally altering the tune.

The 700 is great, at least at Sarthe. My lap times weren’t very good as it was my first race of the day and I got lazy because the race just kept getting easier and easier. The weather would have allowed for a 1-stop on the same set of tires, but I overthought it too much.

I did not test the 600, so if anyone would like to and report back, that would be great. No guarantees as its on-paper numbers don’t look very impressive.

844D157D-DBF3-45BA-84B0-BE1BACD51420.jpeg
2D099B63-FE6D-4064-90C0-329D58267F37.jpeg

8FF357FC-DAEF-49DD-AC2D-8BAFFEC1B2E7.jpeg
06310723-463C-4F15-9F92-192419E2F8B7.jpeg
6DBBAC16-6A82-4487-832E-556CA8C34D7C.jpeg

BBA090E9-8261-4EB6-BFB6-740808FCD707.jpeg
73D20743-E962-4427-BC7F-A2B720F0AD87.jpeg
9E92F2A8-0911-430C-A304-F857D3A76E1C.jpeg

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00

One of my favorite cars as you can see from my 11 year old profile pic. This car is fast and safe, but it does have a lot of torque, so you have to be a little careful. I just won Deep Forest WTC 700 with no trouble (fuel map 5 to get 5 laps) while double checking my settings. Have fun, and let me know what you think.

All aero, including diffuser. I went for bigger wheels, wide and offset if that matters.

View attachment 1146401

View attachment 1146402
View attachment 1146403
Fun car, but I can’t stop asking the question, ‘Why no 6-speed?’

F4ED8903-FECB-4259-AC16-319566DC8C83.jpeg
0CBC092F-01DA-46BD-8322-69C5B43819C8.jpeg

Maybe updates soon. I'm busy lately but I have some ideas for trying to tune some less popular 700pp hypercars. I have some other good by not great tunes I can hopefully fix up and post soon. My biggest challenge at the moment is not losing traction accelerating out of corners on the M3 '03 swap.

Maybe updates soon. I'm busy lately but I have some ideas for trying to tune some less popular 700pp hypercars. I have some other good by not great tunes I can hopefully fix up and post soon. My biggest challenge at the moment is not losing traction accelerating out of corners on the M3 '03 swap.
Looking forward to it, I’m trying my best to promote more of your tunes!

I am having an issue with the Amuse S2000, but we can work on that when you have more time.

Looking forward to it, I’m trying my best to promote more of your tunes!

I am having an issue with the Amuse S2000, but we can work on that when you have more time.
Thanks for the promotions my dude. What's up with the Amuse S2000? I tried it and it was a bit slippery compared to what I remember. I tried a couple things including increasing the downforce but need your feedback to finish it up.

Thanks for the promotions my dude. What's up with the Amuse S2000? I tried it and it was a bit slippery compared to what I remember. I tried a couple things including increasing the downforce but need your feedback to finish it up.
It's hard to explain. I posted a couple screenshots so you can try and replicate it. I attempted to explain it in that new thread about it as it now sounds it's affecting others. I don't actually think it's the tune FWIW.

Sadly, the weather really didn’t cooperate today and my testing data is inconclusive. Poor weather changes so many aspects of this process, I couldn’t even nail down the fuel economy. I’ll keep plugging away with it at a later date.

Last edited:
It's hard to explain. I posted a couple screenshots so you can try and replicate it. I attempted to explain it in that new thread about it as it now sounds it's affecting others. I don't actually think it's the tune FWIW.

Sadly, the weather really didn’t cooperate today and my testing data is inconclusive. Poor weather changes so many aspects of this process, I couldn’t even nail down the fuel economy. I’ll keep plugging away with it at a later date.
Interesting, I'll check it out. Have you tried other tracks?

Interesting, I'll check it out. Have you tried other tracks?
You know me, I’m a ‘one-track pony’, lol. I believe there was some mention from of similar behavior on other tracks from other drivers however.

Drive by praise from your old garage buddy

Glad to see you’re keeping it FUN my friend. Now back into the basement with the parrot and my PS3 👍

Last edited:
I think I need to commit to posting some tunes this time. I have a couple of FR cars ready to go. I also just revised my Tuscan Speed 6 tune which is so much better in 1.20. Whatever has happened since May has led to a better handling Speed 6 with somewhere around 50 more HP, so I got that going for me. Hopefully in a few hours...

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '09
700pp

I challenged myself to tune some high power FR cars, and it wasn't working out so well after 1.19 so I didn't post them. The SLR now feels dialed in (to me at least). It's sure footed and easy to control, and the LSD is much better now. My design choice on this was was to go with the stock transmission. It's got plenty of torque for lower speed corners and a good top speed.

Wide body, wide tires and offset. It's a lot more fun if you crank up the HP for the Hypercar races, but it has good gas mileage for the WTC 700 races. The car told me it wanted the red trim, so don't blame me.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220830180544.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220830180518.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220830180527.jpg

Last edited:
Z Performance '23
S-Cam Version

This car turned out a lot faster than I expected. I won the High Lift Camshaft S from a ticket so gave the Z a try. I'm a bit confused how this car has 629 HP with the mods it has, but I can't complain. I hope you all can get this HP without the cams, so let me know. All I know is this Z is faster than most 700pp road cars I own.

It's a bit front heavy so brake earlier to avoid pushing through corners. Otherwise it's pretty nimble and quick. I set the transmission top speed and let it be. It's got enough gears it doesn't seem to matter. The rear wheel spin is manageable but take care. Again, I hope you can get this level of performance too. It's an amazing car. I'm not sure why the car wanted to be gold with a black hood, but what can you do? Wide car, tires and offset.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220830182655.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220830182655.jpg

Drive by praise from your old garage buddy

Glad to see you’re keeping it FUN my friend. Now back into the basement with the parrot and my PS3 👍
Holy cow, how did I miss this! Maybe the 10-12 hour work days lately. It's great to hear from you. Yeah I'm too old to take any of this too seriously. The cars have to be fun to drive or what's the point. It would be cool to have you back. We haven't been organized enough to get tuning competitions going again. ;)

Still not very fast, but that weird ‘diving behavior‘ has been all but eliminated.

Hey bud, I really do appreciate the support. I wasn't trying to ignore you about the Amuse S2000, I just didn't have much time to drive lately. The 1.19 Hypercar races not allowing tuner cars didn't help either. I think it's worth another shot after the 1.20 update. The fuel consumption is still a problem and there's a decent chance it can't catch up to top 700pp cars. I guess it's time to go full Praiano and get a lift kit installed lol. (just kidding boss!)

Hey bud, I really do appreciate the support. I wasn't trying to ignore you about the Amuse S2000, I just didn't have much time to drive lately. The 1.19 Hypercar races not allowing tuner cars didn't help either. I think it's worth another shot after the 1.20 update. The fuel consumption is still a problem and there's a decent chance it can't catch up to top 700pp cars. I guess it's time to go full Praiano and get a lift kit installed lol. (just kidding boss!)
No worries at all, I just assumed you were busy with RL as I hadn’t seen you much.

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '12
700pp

This car is such a pleasure to drive, maybe even more than the SLR. It dominates WTC 700 races as expected, but is definitely more fun at around 600HP in the Hypercar Le Mans race. Since I have been tuning FR cars at about the same weight, I have come to the conclusion that 500 Ferrari HP is equivalent to 600 HP from a lesser car. It's weirdly fast that way.

This F12 has Ferrari paint and original tires because it doesn't want anything wide. There's not much else to say, it's a great car.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220831193943.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220831171111.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220831171123.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220831171134.jpg

BMW M3 '03 Engine Swap
700pp

After driving very elegant sports cars like the F12 and the SLR, I have to say this car is a jerk. The Z4 engine is a bit much. I got it mostly under control, but you can't lose concentration with it or you will be punished. I was getting mad at the car while finishing the tune (because it is a jerk), but then I looked at the lap times. Damn it's fast. Great gas mileage where you can do FM1 for 5 laps on some of the WTC 700 races, but hard on tires. I recommend changing your RH tires on a 10 lap race, seriously.

Wide body, tires and offset. I should have given the car a dumb paint job for being such a jerk. I didn't try it at Sarthe, so good luck in the rain. Hang on tight and have fun!

Gran Turismo® 7_20220831182048.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220831181955.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220831182006.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220831182017.jpg

I added a couple more cars to try out. I have a Hellcat Safety Car ready to post soon. I figured out today that it can get 3 laps at Sarthe which was a surprise. Enjoy!

Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Safety Car
700pp All Around Tune

I had to get a safety car for the trophy, right? I also wanted an American car for the Watkins Glen races when they came out. So here we go. The Hellcat handles pretty well for its size, and this tune will get you around the bigger tracks without too much trouble. I wasn't going to post it, but then I found out it can do 3 laps at Sarthe at 4:11 or so at FM6.

If you are brave you can raise the ride height and add HP for Le Mans, but I didn't test it. You might not get the 3 laps and the LSD settings might not hold up, but its worth a shot. I think it has normal sized tires though they could be wide. No wide body or offset iirc. Not a bad time eh?

Gran Turismo® 7_20220906195251.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220906205610.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220906205519.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220906205601.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220906205542.jpg

BMW M3 '03 Engine Swap
700pp
Psst! You forgot to mention the aero. Testing to begin shortly, will update soon.

Bah, totally pissed away my hot lap, should have been about 4:05. Stupidly economical, 4 laps at FM5, 3 at 2. You can easily put the flywheel in for a couple ticks in the ECU, a nice little bump in the stats FWIW. Very nice, its too bad you don’t have a better test-driver, lol. She was not that bad in the rain, I didn’t get an extended duration, but I did get a lot. I’ll give her another go at some point, but I’ll just leave this photo of me at the finish line revealing my frustrations in all their glory.

16843E4A-2FE0-4180-8184-E19B3DBE3444.jpeg

Last edited:
Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
700pp - 1.20 update
No massive improvements in my times, +2 sec.’s on the lap (could have been better) and nearly even on the overall. That said, she was MUCH easier to drive than I recall the older version.

AD372B2A-139D-47E9-8AAC-F69DA52B29BE.jpeg

No massive improvements in my times, +2 sec.’s on the lap (could have been better) and nearly even on the overall. That said, she was MUCH easier to drive than I recall the older version.

Thanks for the review. This is not a Sarthe car, so I'm not surprised it is slow there. It's a tuner built for handling. Try it on the Alsace rally car race, Dragon Tail Gardens, Brands Hatch, etc. It's a fun car.

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13

This is a quick tune for me but the car did not put up as much of a fight as I thought it would. The Veyron was a nightmare to turn in GT5 if I remember correctly, but here it is not bad. I thought it would drive more like a Viper too, like point it straight, hit the gas and hold on tight, but it was more mild mannered than that. It still is heavy and will understeer if you come in too hot, but it is steady and confident if you don't push too hard. Have fun!

Wide tires, front and rear wing, great color choice lol. I didn't do the transmission, so some improvement could be made there.

View attachment 1146891
View attachment 1146892
View attachment 1146893
Hey 👋
Awesome setup man i like it alot 👍
Did you changed it over the time or runing it like original?
I was suprised how agil the veyron can be and absolut smooth to drive.
I have a feeling that there is so much more potential in this car but i'm an absolut noob in creating Setups 😅
Don't get me wrong, i'm in absolut love with your tune and i thought you have changed something over the time.
It maybe sounds weird but i have the feeling this car is a sleeping giant and something is holding it back...
Thanks again for your awesome job 😊

Def my fastest 7-lap, don't mind the 4:11 either. Really great tune.

Edit: This was with the 86 Gr. B.
Found this excelent setup today and instant in love....😍

Attachments

• 20220924_163838.jpg
    20220924_163838.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220924_164437.jpg
    20220924_164437.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 22
Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car
700pp Not Dirt

Another fun car, very fast with 720hp at 700pp. I wasn't too sure about road going rally cars, but I stuck with this one until it got good. I tried it out after winning a free nitrous kit in the lottery. 720hp with nitrous down the back straight of Deep Forest is simply not fair, so don't do that. I learned a lesson trying to get this beast to handle on the tracks, in finding that stiffer springs and low anti-roll bars works for rally cars, so I got that going for me. I also hit a point where any other improvement I tried jumped the pp to 705 or more for the slightest change, so I think I found a sweet spot in the tune.

This thing handles pretty well now, and with all this power, is one of the faster 700pp cars I have. The 86 is a beast on Le Mans, and when I got a completely dry track for the first time in forever, I got 30:05 in 7 laps and 2 stops (FM 4 for 3 laps) which is like an average of 4:10 laps. I know, I'm as surprised as you guys.

View attachment 1161729View attachment 1161730

I think this is also my best time at Brands Hatch WTC 700, and this is before I made the final changes. Have fun with this bad boy.

View attachment 1161732
View attachment 1161733

This is for Le Mans. Try a final drive closer to 4.400 for shorter straights.
View attachment 1161734
View attachment 1161735
Your setup is an absolut Dream. Fast like hell dude.....thank you 😍👍

Toyota 86 Gr.B Rally Car
700pp Not Dirt

Another fun car, very fast with 720hp at 700pp. I wasn't too sure about road going rally cars, but I stuck with this one until it got good. I tried it out after winning a free nitrous kit in the lottery. 720hp with nitrous down the back straight of Deep Forest is simply not fair, so don't do that. I learned a lesson trying to get this beast to handle on the tracks, in finding that stiffer springs and low anti-roll bars works for rally cars, so I got that going for me. I also hit a point where any other improvement I tried jumped the pp to 705 or more for the slightest change, so I think I found a sweet spot in the tune.

This thing handles pretty well now, and with all this power, is one of the faster 700pp cars I have. The 86 is a beast on Le Mans, and when I got a completely dry track for the first time in forever, I got 30:05 in 7 laps and 2 stops (FM 4 for 3 laps) which is like an average of 4:10 laps. I know, I'm as surprised as you guys.

View attachment 1161729View attachment 1161730

I think this is also my best time at Brands Hatch WTC 700, and this is before I made the final changes. Have fun with this bad boy.

View attachment 1161732
View attachment 1161733

This is for Le Mans. Try a final drive closer to 4.400 for shorter straights.
View attachment 1161734
View attachment 1161735
im late to the party but this is a fantastic tune.hats off to you sir @madmyk, your rally-to-road tunes are truly exceptional...thanks!

Your setup is an absolut Dream. Fast like hell dude.....thank you 😍👍

im late to the party but this is a fantastic tune.hats off to you sir @madmyk, your rally-to-road tunes are truly exceptional...thanks!
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I have not been motivated to tune cars lately, so this helps. I do have a Subaru Gr.B tune that I have not posted. I will try it out again to see if it has changed from the recent updates. Cheers.

Back