magical wing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tower Turn 13
  • 24 comments
  • 2,387 views
Messages
3,587
So I noticed in the garage and in demo mode when the camera is just panning around my R8, the aero wing is floating magically off to the side of the car. What the heck? Is this supposed to happen or am I experiencing some odd glitch?
 
Oh, and in photo mode there's no wing at all--just the shadow of it on the rear bumper. Wha?
 
Off to the side?

Can you post a picture? Which R8 are you talking about? The R8 road cars have a retractable spoiler that goes up and down based on the speed, perhaps you're seeing that?

I only have the 4.2L R8 but I haven't noticed any problems with it.
 
Yeah post a pic. Im pretty sure its just a glitch. Or it couldbe a secret feature that audi hasnt told anyone about.
 
and how is this significant....??
 
It's probably because you put a wing on it.
 
I thought something with wings was suppose to fly ? Your wing flies , whats the problem ?
 
When you are driving do you see the car with the spoiler on or off?
 
Lol of course it is a glitch, how can you even ask? :)

I hope it does not run like that on the tracks :)
 
and how is this significant....??
Who said it was significant?
Why isn't this glitch significant enough to atleast be mentioned?
What does your post have to do with anything?
 
Last edited:
haha well for those who really enjoy photo mode I found out it doesn't disappear it's just off to the side like it is in the garage, yet the shadow remains over the rear portion of the car as if it is there. So I would say it's significant if you're trying to take some nice photos of your R8 and all the pictures end up without the mods you paid for and with this odd shadow over the back. (not to mention the wing awkwardly hanging out off to the side like a third-wheel friend.)

I suppose the best you can do is remove the mod for photos :(

EDIT: it looks normal in races.
 
I noticed this months ago and posted about it in the bug and glitch thread
 
Just watch his video

It's actually a random video I found on youtube but I have the exact same problem and apparently others do also. Since the first car I ever did aero for was the R8 I assumed the garage showed cars separate from their mods. I didn't assume it was a glitch because I thought PD wanted us to see the car as we bought it in garage mode. But I was wrong...
 
I guess the good old folks at Audi didn't want a GT Wing to sit on its own retractable wing, so they made it fly so they could showcase their own wing.


This might be the case for any car that has a GT Auto Wing installed on a retractable winged car. Did anyone see if this is the case for the SLR, the new McLaren or the Chrysler Crossfire?
 
that's the audi's way of saying you shouldn't put a wing on it
 
that's the audi's way of saying you shouldn't put a wing on it

But if you like it then you shoulda put a wing on it...
 
^^^LOL Exactly what I thought.

BTW, this doesn't happen on the 4.2 V8 R8.
 
Back