RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

RKM S2000

Hey I'm new to the forum. I recently bought an S2K and I tried to tune it myself but that was a disaster, then I found your tune for it and it works amazing. I upped the HP and slapped Racing Mediums on it (racing Tires ruin the fun but whatever) and my fastest lap on Tsukuba Circuit was around 59 seconds. I was dumbfounded by the awesomeness the produces when you push it to the limit.

I looked in Wienesh' Tuning Garage for a S2K aswell but only found an Amuse GT1 Turbo (was disappointed by the fact it is easy to lose control of through the twisties.) I put your tune, with the extra power I added, and put it up against the Amuse and the amuse had a faster time, but only because it's sitting on Racing Softs and has 600 horses, but over all your S2K was more enjoyable. I'm a Honda Junkie, since I was a wee lad, and I'm trying to buy every Honda I see but there aren't any tunes for my favorite Hondas/Acuras'.

This review most likely won't get me a tune but I want to know if you guys can tune an integra from the 90's (my favorite Integra's).

P.S. I don't have Internet at the moment I'm at a friends house with my laptop so I can't send a car to you as a thank you or for a tune.

When you say the S2000 will easily take more power, do you mean just that the car in general will take more power or that your settings will still work even if we do give it more power?

RKM S2000

Hey I'm new to the forum. I recently bought an S2K and I tried to tune it myself but that was a disaster, then I found your tune for it and it works amazing. I upped the HP and slapped Racing Mediums on it (racing Tires ruin the fun but whatever) and my fastest lap on Tsukuba Circuit was around 59 seconds. I was dumbfounded by the awesomeness the produces when you push it to the limit.

I looked in Wienesh' Tuning Garage for a S2K aswell but only found an Amuse GT1 Turbo (was disappointed by the fact it is easy to lose control of through the twisties.) I put your tune, with the extra power I added, and put it up against the Amuse and the amuse had a faster time, but only because it's sitting on Racing Softs and has 600 horses, but over all your S2K was more enjoyable. I'm a Honda Junkie, since I was a wee lad, and I'm trying to buy every Honda I see but there aren't any tunes for my favorite Hondas/Acuras'.

This review most likely won't get me a tune but I want to know if you guys can tune an integra from the 90's (my favorite Integra's).

P.S. I don't have Internet at the moment I'm at a friends house with my laptop so I can't send a car to you as a thank you or for a tune.
The S2000 we currently have was a request tune, so that's why the power is low. I know it can take much more power and at some point I want to release a unrestrained one. :D I'm glad you found it fun to drive, that was one of the things I tried to keep whilst making it very quick. 👍 Thanks for the review!

When you do get access to the internet at home, we'll happily tune an Integra if you send one over. We do give borrowed cars back unless you really want us to keep it. :)
When you say the S2000 will easily take more power, do you mean just that the car in general will take more power or that your settings will still work even if we do give it more power?
The settings will still work even if you give it more power. 👍

The S2000 we currently have was a request tune, so that's why the power is low. I know it can take much more power and at some point I want to release a unrestrained one. :D I'm glad you found it fun to drive, that was one of the things I tried to keep whilst making it very quick. 👍 Thanks for the review!

When you do get access to the internet at home, we'll happily tune an Integra if you send one over. We do give borrowed cars back unless you really want us to keep it. :)

The settings will still work even if you give it more power. 👍

I won't get it in a month or two. I don't mean to be a nuisance but can you, if possible, just do one as a tune one and put the settings up on the forum? ( not to be rude but I'm just bummed I don't have my Internet)

Well, after using it, I felt that I really had to review it ( sort of). Ok, so the car is the Civic Type R Turbo. I not gonna lie to you, I bought Racing soft tyres to use with it. Still, I'm in love with the tune. For starters, I don't get any of the understeer that people normally get when using a FWD car. It feels so stable and complete that I just want to drive it on any track. I took it for a lap at the Nur-something-ring ( online) and it sticked to the road just the way I wanted. So, to end this, thank you RKM Motorsport. :sly:👍

RKM S13

I was in the mood for some good ol' Japanese 90's tune and stumbled upon this Silvia. I bought the car and the upgrades but I left out the sports soft tires to see if I could get it to fishtail (comfort softs). My god this car is so freaking controllable when sliding. All I did in this car was drift like a pro, just drop into 2nd and either; roll on the throttle heavily mid turn or hit the e-brake and hold it mid throttle.

I'm pleased with the quality of work RKM produces. This car is just another reason why I love RKM.

I don't use your tunes to compete in races or to leave the online community in the dust, I use them to have fun and to use them as a stepping stone into understanding, the tuning of automobiles.

Something I'd like to see in the future is a fully tuned 1970 Nissan Skyline GT-R. That'd be sexy.

I won't get it in a month or two. I don't mean to be a nuisance but can you, if possible, just do one as a tune one and put the settings up on the forum? ( not to be rude but I'm just bummed I don't have my Internet)
If I find one, I'll be sure to. For now, why not see if a DC5 Integra's setting will work?
Well, after using it, I felt that I really had to review it ( sort of). Ok, so the car is the Civic Type R Turbo. I not gonna lie to you, I bought Racing soft tyres to use with it. Still, I'm in love with the tune. For starters, I don't get any of the understeer that people normally get when using a FWD car. It feels so stable and complete that I just want to drive it on any track. I took it for a lap at the Nur-something-ring ( online) and it sticked to the road just the way I wanted. So, to end this, thank you RKM Motorsport. :sly:👍
It's just as good with sports tyres, you'd be suprised. :P Thanks for the review, glad you're enjoying the tune. :D
RKM S13

I was in the mood for some good ol' Japanese 90's tune and stumbled upon this Silvia. I bought the car and the upgrades but I left out the sports soft tires to see if I could get it to fishtail (comfort softs). My god this car is so freaking controllable when sliding. All I did in this car was drift like a pro, just drop into 2nd and either; roll on the throttle heavily mid turn or hit the e-brake and hold it mid throttle.

I'm pleased with the quality of work RKM produces. This car is just another reason why I love RKM.

I don't use your tunes to compete in races or to leave the online community in the dust, I use them to have fun and to use them as a stepping stone into understanding, the tuning of automobiles.

Something I'd like to see in the future is a fully tuned 1970 Nissan Skyline GT-R. That'd be sexy.
I knew the S13 could drift, I didn't think it could drift that well. I'm not much of a drifter myself so I didn't try. :lol: And thank you, we appreciate the love. :P We tune our cars to be fun so double win right there! :lol:

Again it's a case of finding one first. I'm slowly collecting standard cars so I should have one, one day.

If I find one, I'll be sure to. For now, why not see if a DC5 Integra's setting will work?

It's just as good with sports tyres, you'd be suprised. :P Thanks for the review, glad you're enjoying the tune. :D

I knew the S13 could drift, I didn't think it could drift that well. I'm not much of a drifter myself so I didn't try. :lol: And thank you, we appreciate the love. :P We tune our cars to be fun so double win right there!

I tried it just a little while ago, and it was great! The only problem is my taste in styling, I never really cared for the 04's body style.

I'm not much of a drifter myself, it just surprised me how easy it was to control with the car.

If you find those please post them up, not as a private request, but for the community to enjoy.

Ta ta for now. 👍

I tried it just a little while ago, and it was great! The only problem is my taste in styling, I never really cared for the 04's body style.

I'm not much of a drifter myself, it just surprised me how easy it was to control with the car.

If you find those please post them up, not as a private request, but for the community to enjoy.

Ta ta for now. 👍

I meant putting DC5 settings on a DC2. :P

I will try my best. 👍

I meant putting DC5 settings on a DC2. :P

I will try my best. 👍

I haven't tried that but I will now. I have a stock DC2 just collecting dust in my garage lol. I also tried my own take at tuning. I tried to tune a Supra RZ from 97' but it was garbage, I only know a little bit about tuning so I was expecting little, after 10 minutes I gave up lol. I'll let the pro's handle it.

Do you know what B-Spec event rewards you with Castrol TOM'S Supra?

I haven't tried that but I will now. I have a stock DC2 just collecting dust in my garage lol. I also tried my own take at tuning. I tried to tune a Supra RZ from 97' but it was garbage, I only know a little bit about tuning so I was expecting little, after 10 minutes I gave up lol. I'll let the pro's handle it.

Do you know what B-Spec event rewards you with Castrol TOM'S Supra?

Super GT championship in the extreme hall. 👍

RKM Motorsport’s NGT

RKMNGT.jpg

RKMNGT_Big.jpg

Based on: 2000 RUF RGT
Obtained: Used Car Dealer

Drivetrain: RR
Horsepower: 443 BHP (@ 6181.0 miles)
Torque:---- 311 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1170 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Rebuilt Engine

Tuning Shop
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Lightweight Windows
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Header
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: xx/xx

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.476
2nd:-- 2.300
3rd:-- 1.662
4th:-- 1.261
5th:-- 1.004
6th:-- 0.840
Final: 3.440
Max Speed: 211

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: x/7
Accel:-- x/22
Braking: x/7

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-20
Spring Rate: 7.6/14.8
Extension:-- 9/4
Compression: 7/7
Anti-Roll:-- 3/7
Camber:----- 1.5/1.9
Toe:-------- -0.19/0.27

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The old RUF RGT was quite capable, being based on the 996 911 GT3 and all...

But there's always room for improvement. Stiffer, lighter, more powerful, and better sorted, we give you the RKM NGT (Naturally Aspirated GT). It's still a Porsche so the required driving style is radically different to the average FR or even most MR cars and it's still hellaciously difficult to extract the most out of.

Just... It won't kill you as often when you try anymore.

RKM Motorsport’s Audi R8 V10

AudiR8V10.jpg

AudiR8V10_Big.jpg

Based on: Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro ’09
Obtained: Brand new model at Audi

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 749 BHP (@ 29.7 miles)
Torque:---- 76 kgfm
Weight:---- 1313 kg
PP:-------- 621

PARTS
GT Auto

PDI P525 Wheels
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 10/30

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.495
2nd:-- 2.340
3rd:-- 1.708
4th:-- 1.344
5th:-- 1.082
6th:-- 0.889
Final: 3.666
Max Speed: 230 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 10/10
Accel:-- 25/30
Braking: 5/5

Drivetrain
Torque Distribution: 35/65

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 9.0/10.5
Extension:-- 6/7
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 3/4
Camber:----- 1.5/1.0
Toe:-------- –0.15/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
YassirNosir was so pleased with the C63 AMG we did for him, he sent us an Audi R8 V10 to tune as well. He sent us a 749bhp beast, which was already really fast, but it was too Audi-ish for us. For a car that has an engine from Lamborghini, this just didn’t make us as happy as an actual Gallardo would. So we brought out the bull in this Audi.

The end result is an R8 that’ll tear the skin off of any Ferrari, including the Enzo. Endless amounts of grip, road hugging suspension and heavy downforce make this R8 feel like a race car. Although be warned, like a bull, if you’re not up to the challenge that is taming this car, you’ll be kicked off in seconds.

28th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s NSX-LM Road Car

NSXLMRoadCar.jpg

NSXLMRoadCar_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 669 BHP (@ 119.6 miles)
Torque:---- 47 kgfm
Weight:---- 1230 kg
PP:-------- 618

PARTS

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 35/60

Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.588
2nd:-- 2.377
3rd:-- 1.791
4th:-- 1.429
5th:-- 1.171
6th:-- 1.003
Final: 3.915
Max Speed: 242 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/12
Accel:-- 0/15
Braking: 0/11

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 14.0/15.5
Extension:-- 8/8
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 5/4
Camber:----- 1.5/1.0
Toe:-------- –0.14/-0.07

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
NSX>GOD reviewed our LFA, which earned him a free request. So he sent over his NSX-R LM Road Car, fully tuned on racing rubber. He wanted us to work our magic on it, so we did.

There’s no hiding it, this NSX LM is a race car for the road. All it needs is a big wing and some stickers and it’ll look like it belongs on the front row at Suzuka. This NSX has enormous amounts of grip and it’s not afraid to use it. If there had to be an ultimate road going NSX, this would be it. 669bhp paired with our easy-to-drive handling tune make this one hell of a car to drive and one hell of a car to be going up against.

1st Mar 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Purple Devil Z

PurpleDevilZ.jpg

PurpleDevilZ_Big.jpg

Based on: 1971 Fairlady Z 240ZG (HS30)
Obtained: Used Car Dealer

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 280 BHP (@ 1812.8 miles)
Torque:---- 245 ft-lb
Weight:---- 858 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Rebuilt Motor

Tuning Shop
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Lightweight Windows
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Racing ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
FC Gearbox
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: xx/xx

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 2.990
2nd:-- 1.920
3rd:-- 1.363
4th:-- 1.018
5th:-- 0.800
6th:-- 0.661
Final: 3.900
Max Speed: 242

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: x/6
Accel:-- x/57
Braking: x/36

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -30/15
Spring Rate: 9.7/14.7
Extension:-- 9/10
Compression: 7/8
Anti-Roll:-- 1/3
Camber:----- 2.8/2.6
Toe:-------- -0.25/0.35

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/9

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
Say hello to our old friend, the Purple Devil Z.

He's a bit angry about no longer being able to hit 300km/h and the tire sizing he's now limited to... And so he takes it out on everyone with insanely well controlled sideways action. Don't expect much pace, do expect a very good drive with a nice helping of oversteer that can easily be corrected though.

RKM Motorsport’s Ford Falcon XR8

FordFalconXR8.jpg

FordFalconXR8_Big.jpg

Based on: Ford 2000 Ford Falcon XR8
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 630 BHP (@ 1,334.1 miles)
Torque:---- 66 kgfm
Weight:---- 1350 kg
PP:-------- 632

PARTS

Tuning Shop
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 50/70

Ballast

Engine
Power Limiter

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.078
2nd:-- 2.072
3rd:-- 1.511
4th:-- 1.162
5th:-- 0.933
6th:-- 0.776
Final: 3.777
Max Speed: 224 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/13
Accel:-- 0/20
Braking: 0/11

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 18.0/15.5
Extension:-- 8/7
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 5/6
Camber:----- 2.0/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.15/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
Kyaw is one of our long time customers, trying out a lot of our tunes and giving feedback. He also donated an Enzo to us! Thanks buddy! So when he came to us with his Ford Falcon and asked for a tune-up, we were more than happy to help.

This Aussie Ford had a bit of understeer in it, but otherwise it was a good car, but we wanted it to be better. Infact so much better, that it would give the DTM boys a run for their money. So we fixed the understeer to the point where it is no more. There’s also no oversteer. You can take corners in first gear with total confidence and no fear. The turn in is sharp even for a racing car and with enough downforce to keep it glued to the road, it makes for a very, very fast V8 Supercar.

1st Mar 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s 908 Killer Whale

908KillerWhale.jpg

908KillerWhale_Big.jpg

Based on: 2010 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP – Team Oreca Matmut
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Horsepower: 902 BHP (@ 47.7 miles)
Torque:---- 993 ft-lb
Weight:---- 930 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change

Tuning Shop
High RPM Turbo Kit
Choice of Racing Tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 60/85

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.863
2nd:-- 2.466
3rd:-- 1.744
4th:-- 1.298
5th:-- 1.018
6th:-- 0.839
Final: 2.813
Max Speed: 249

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: x/5
Accel:-- x/5
Braking: x/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-10
Spring Rate: 17.5/19.0
Extension:-- 10/10
Compression: 8/8
Anti-Roll:-- 1/3
Camber:----- 2.9/2.3
Toe:-------- 0.05/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 8/10

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
Say hello to the Killer Whale. It's big and powerful, capable of killing nearly anything, but has a certain grace to it...

And more pace than your mind will be able to comprehend.

RKM Motorsport’s Enzo GT

EnzoGT.jpg

EnzoGT_Big.jpg

Based on: 2002 Enzo Ferrari
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Horsepower: 922 BHP (@ 262.8 miles)
Torque:---- 609 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1044 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Choice of Wheels
Rear Wing Type B

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Lightweight Windows
Engine Tuning Stage 3
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Header
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
FC Gearbox
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Racing Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 2/20

Transmission
Transmission

Set Final 1, then Max Speed, then gear ratios and Final 2.
1st:-- 3.705
2nd:-- 2.616
3rd:-- 1.969
4th:-- 1.571
5th:-- 1.320
6th:-- 1.125
Final: 4.100/2.500
Max Speed: 168

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: xx/6
Accel:-- xx/22
Braking: xx/9

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-25
Spring Rate: 9.0/13.0
Extension:-- 7/8
Compression: 5/7
Anti-Roll:-- 7/5
Camber:----- 2.3/2.7
Toe:-------- -0.25/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 9/10

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
We figured our 50th car should be something a bit special...

So here's our joint venture Enzo.

RJ's Thoughts: Well, most cars start gobbling corners the instant you add race softs... But when I got my “Dubai Enzo” from MiniMarco and first tried it at the Ring... Well... Despite it being fairly light with some front downforce, it REFUSED to turn despite the insanely sticky tires. Knowing I had my work cut out for me, I left the car alone and set it on the backburner. Well, a bit later, Roj got his hands on another Enzo which wound up fully tuned as well. He messed with it for a while and got it drivable; I then tossed the settings on my car, tweaked for a while, sent him the settings and had him check them. This is the result.

Roj’s Thoughts: The Enzo is a difficult one to tune. It has so many flaws. Bad brakes, poor turning circle and a light front end simply can’t be helped. So it comes to no surprise that it gave RJ a hard time at the beginning. However, eager to see us conquer the Enzo, Kyaw very kindly donated an Enzo to us, raising our Enzo count to 2. Now we could both work on the Enzo at the same time, turning this into a true joint tune. We applied both our tuning styles into this Enzo and merged them together, to transform this Enzo into something you can truly enjoy. Thus making it perfect for our 50th release.

Last edited:
I'll be all over that RGT tonight!

Good to hear. 👍 It should take more power fairly easily (I remember reading that you were a bit over vs LDP's so...), race softs I'm not sure about.

What I do know is I clocked a 1:29.889 before the rebuild at Trial without having entirely figured out the driving style it wanted at that point.

Nice Ford Falcon tune!!! I thought no one would have a tune for this because it's so rare. The setup runs great! Thank you!

Back