Magny-Cours

Magny-Cours v1.1

Germany
Dresden
Patrick8308
Patrick8308 submitted a new resource:

Magny-Cours - Only 45 m longer, proper route, adapted homestraight, tight hairpins + chicane, elevation 90 % right

Replica of Magny-Cours v1.0
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours

This is a recreation of the former France GP F 1 track.

The shape of the terrain is really close to the original so the elevation is quite similar. The highest points are at Adelaide (T 5) and Chateuaux d' Eau (T 14) while the bottom of the track is at Estoril (T 3).

As a result of that the lap starts with a short left hander (T 2) into a slight downhill section to T 3. The homestraight had to be adjusted and T...

Read more about this resource...

i didnt like this one..sorry, Agreed that there are some elevation changes at this circuit, but i see them as small and gradual. F1 2006 shows it as being almost totally flat, as do other sources.

Last edited:
Patrick8308 updated Magny-Cours with a new update entry:

Adaped radii to avoid buggy red laps and keep racing guideline working

Thanks to a helpful advice of @gt6champnk69 I recognized that the original version with the really tight hairpins and chicane caused red laps in time trials and the partial disappearance of the racing guideline.

I've recognized the strange AI behaviour myself before but I wasn't aware of the negative effect on time trials or online racing either.

For that reason I deleted original version and replaced it by the AI compatible version I've had already created.

Now the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@djm99 is correct Patrick, sorry mate.
Those above sea levels you posted are how high the overall land is, not how elevated the track is, magny cours is an almost flat track with minimal elevation.

Those above sea levels you posted are how high the overall land is, not how elevated the track is, magny cours is an almost flat track with minimal elevation.

In the process of creating the track I was checking the altitude via Google Earth tracing the circuit path. I'm aware the heights describe the land surface as they are supposed to be based on GPS-Data. It may be possible that the tarmac surface varies a bit from these land heights. But if you watch onboard laps you can comprehend those general height differences throughout a lap. So maybe the incline values of my replica might be too steep but I'd guess generally the incline direction should be correct.

Back