Magny-Cours v1.1

Only 45 m longer, proper route, adapted homestraight, tight hairpins + chicane, elevation 90 % right

1. Patrick8308

Patrick8308

Patrick8308 submitted a new resource:

Magny-Cours - Only 45 m longer, proper route, adapted homestraight, tight hairpins + chicane, elevation 90 % right

Read more about this resource...

2. djm99

djm99

i didnt like this one..sorry, Agreed that there are some elevation changes at this circuit, but i see them as small and gradual. F1 2006 shows it as being almost totally flat, as do other sources.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  3. Patrick8308

Patrick8308

Patrick8308 updated Magny-Cours with a new update entry:

Adaped radii to avoid buggy red laps and keep racing guideline working

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

@djm99 is correct Patrick, sorry mate.
    Those above sea levels you posted are how high the overall land is, not how elevated the track is, magny cours is an almost flat track with minimal elevation.

5. Patrick8308

Patrick8308

In the process of creating the track I was checking the altitude via Google Earth tracing the circuit path. I'm aware the heights describe the land surface as they are supposed to be based on GPS-Data. It may be possible that the tarmac surface varies a bit from these land heights. But if you watch onboard laps you can comprehend those general height differences throughout a lap. So maybe the incline values of my replica might be too steep but I'd guess generally the incline direction should be correct.