Major League Baseball: 2012 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2,618 comments
BJBEOSmitty
Gio is a beast. Wainright for the Cards. Might be an epic game. The Cards are going for their fourth straight do or die game victory. Been there before, we'll see...

I'm worried about Wainright. He's a big game pitcher. My wife jokes about how he only won one more game then he lost. I had to nervously explain how that means nothing in postseason. To quote Moneyball... "in one game, one at bat.... throw out the averages!"

I'm worried about Wainright. He's a big game pitcher. My wife jokes about how he only won one more game then he lost. I had to nervously explain how that means nothing in postseason. To quote Moneyball... "in one game, one at bat.... throw out the averages!"

He was also the closer for the 2006 WS Champs. Finishing with great 9th innings and K's in big games such as game 7 on the road to win the pennant in New York and a K to earn the ring. Now.... Game 5 against the Nats? Pffffffft!!!!

(Internet bravado is easy, and I am secretly worried....)

No Alex Rodriguez in the Yankees lineup for tonight's game. Didn't need him. It was 3-1 for the Yankees as the cartoon bird of Baltimore took its last flight for the 2012 season. Still have plenty to be proud of if you're an Orioles fan for this season.

Either belt high fastballs or low curveballs from Wairwright, and not much else. Gio looking strong too. Ugghh.

The genuine joy, surprise and satisfaction on the faces of Nats fans was quite a spectacle after that last HR. I've been that happy at a game before. Happier actually.

It's a blast.

I really hope we destroy the Yankee's and I really hope Washington destroy the Cards tonight too.

I was in California these past two weeks and actually went to the Oakland A's v. Tigers game 3 on Tuesday. I can honestly say A's fans are about the biggest d-bags I've ever been around. I've been to away stadiums before and I expect to get harassed, but typically it's all in a bit of fun. I actually felt unsafe at the A's game though. On the way out 6 guys started yelling at us and we just ignored them, this prompted them to start charging at us. If it hadn't been for the Oakland police department we would have been jumped for sure. I seriously hate that place and it brought me great joy to see Verlander shut them up.

I officially don't give a **** about the rest of the playoffs.

I didn't want to watch the Giants, Cardinals, Yankees and Tigers fight it out.

Today I was hoping for Baltimore and Washington to win so there would be a chance of two local teams playing in the World Series. Apparently both of them got beaten tonight. Oh well, they will be back next season :)

Four in the 9th for the Cardinals. "I don't believe what I just saw!" Don't ever count them out I guess. Often in incredible fashion... They have won six consecutive win or go home postseason games.

Wow.

I thought a Nats-O's World Series would have been awesome, except for the Orioles being a wildcard team. Such is not to be, though, at least not this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Phillies-Orioles WS some day, either.

I was sick after watching last night's game. It was a blast though watching the Nats play the way they did this year. It's nice to have quality baseball in DC. Congrats to the Cardinals.

The Cardinals are the only NL team which has played the Yankees multiple times and have a World Series winning record against them. Beat some incredible Yankee teams too. 1926, 1942, 1964. Ruth, Gherig, Dimaggio, Ford, Mantle, etc.

BRING IT ON!!!!

I feel for Nationals fans, and have family in the area. Needing just one more strike to MULTIPLE batters... up two runs at that point, and then give up FOUR?

Crushing. Just Crushing.

Would anyone bet money that Prosthetic won't post today unless the Giants win?

Also, what's the over-under on how many days until he returns to talk MLB on GTP if the Giants are swept today?

A lot of smack talk for someone who wasn't around the entire second half when the Dodgers were getting their butts womped daily. There is a thing called busy life, I only got to watch 3 of the 5 games.

And the answer probably would be today no different from when we won.

How much money for them being a one-year-wonder?

They are a good team with a lot of young talent... They are far from a one year wonder, much like the 2010 Giants.

There he is. :dopey:

A lot of smack talk for someone who wasn't around the entire second half when the Dodgers were getting their butts womped daily. There is a thing called busy life, I only got to watch 3 of the 5 games.

Meh, I was posting on a different (sports-centric) forum. The Fantasy Football league brought me back here. ;)

And the answer probably would be today no different from when we won.

They are a good team with a lot of young talent... They are far from a one year wonder, much like the 2010 Giants.

Glad to have you back. :cheers:

I've had to endure a train ride to San Diego with a lot of Raiders fan because they were playing the Chargers. They were all **** faced at 10 AM.

Silly gnats. When I played Power Pros during christmas last year, the Gnats played the yankees for the world series. That was 2007 rosters. Funny how that works.

Patrick
I've had to endure a train ride to San Diego with a lot of Raiders fan because they were playing the Chargers. They were all **** faced at 10 AM.

It's because Oakland is a depressing, awful place. I think I'd be drunk too if I had live there or cheer for one of their sports teams.

If Jose Valverde is on the Tiger's roster next year I will cry, what a sorry excuse for a pitcher. If the Tiger's lose in the post-season, it's entirely his fault.

Back