Major League Baseball: 2018 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 247 comments
Can you believe Game 3 went on for about seven hours and in 18 innings? Los Angeles Dodgers won 3-2 thanks to a walk-off jack in the 18th inning. When the game ended, it was in the 3:00 AM EDT hour. I think I heard both teams used a total of about 11 or 18 pitchers. The Houston Astros had that one World Series game in 2005 against the Chicago White Sox that went from 7:00 PM CDT to about 2:00 AM CDT the next day. Wow!

Game 4 is tonight in Rancho Cucamonga, CA with Boston leading the 2018 World Series 2-1 now.

Here's your winner, and NEWWWWW Major League Baseball champions, the Boston Red Sox! The Houston Astros couldn't go back-to-back (I never thought they would anyways), but the Red Sox proven to be kings of baseball yet again (their ninth(?) triumph). So the Los Angeles Dodgers had to watch the other team win the World Series trophy go to the other team for back-to-back years. All congratulations to the Red Sox on a fabulous 2018 season.

Well, there are 150+ days until Spring Training or the regular season starts up. So Red Sox, we're coming after your championship; and by we, I mean the other 29 teams that failed to get to where you are.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the 2018 Major League Baseball season. If you choose not to share moments from this past season, I'll be sure to get discussion of the 2019 season or unless someone else wants to start a thread for the 2019 season.

The World Series saw a 23% drop-off in ratings from last year and it was the least viewed series since the 2014 edition between Frisco and KC. Sunday Night's Football game had better ratings than the final World Series game.

This is because no one likes Boston (except New England). Also because everyone knew who would win.

What gets me is that they complain that they are losing young viewers, then start playoff games after 8pm. Even the quickest game is not done by 11:30pm

All I can say is that the 2018 Houston Astros were a great team to watch. Even better than the 2017 team that won it all. Boston was just a buzzsaw to Houston in the 2018 ALCS. It was a bit of a story with Carlos Correa's back. I mean, the 2018 Astros could have repeated as champions, but Boston was just too damn good. I'm not going to sugar-coat it or beat around the bush. I feared Boston even when the Red Sox took down the Yankees one last time with their ALDS match. And you know, I actually had a Boston/Milwaukee 2018 World Series in mind. The Brew Crew, though, couldn't materialize that World Series. Boston is used to greatness. Maybe not St. Louis or New York Yankees greatness, but greatness nonetheless. So I fully respect the Red Sox.

I guess for me, I felt good about the Houston Astros because this was a team that can actually go out and win. This is no longer the Astros who would lose 100+ games for three straight seasons. Heck... this could be an Astros team that can WIN 100+ games for successive seasons. Even the Astros knew trying to repeat as AL West champs was going to be tough. Oakland and Seattle were pests to us; and all the while, I feared it would be the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim that would give us a run for our money. I even feared those boys up north- the Texas Rangers. Since we have a new culture of winning, I felt good about the Astros. Sadly, back-to-back titles didn't happen, though I didn't think it was going to happen to begin with.

So there you have it- my random assessment of the 2018 Houston Astros. You're welcome, world.

Back